Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just home from pub to dodge all the claptrap.... cliffs? Tory majority?
    Brexit shoe in?

God i need Stg to get back to 82c sooo bad to compete Hon someone...

Comment

This is going to be quite the bromance

Comment

More nationalists than unionists elected up north. Mad.

Delighted for those DUP goons.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's good to be The King.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  Brexit date is now 1.10 to be between Jan-Jun 2020. Cant help but think that's a gross overreaction to tonight's vote and there'll still be massive complications getting it over the line that quick.
                  I don't get the catch, sounds like free money

Only way the exit date of 31/1 is missed now if if there isn't enough hours of parliamentary time to get it through by then and no such delay would take it past June. Even the tiny chance he would ask to re-negotiate to try to save the Union by going back to May's deal it would be done very quickly.
                  Only thing that could take it past June is if he was to flip to a confirmatory referendum and that is not going to happen.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    David Milliband being the obvious choice. But whether he would come back is another issue. All the key opponents to Corbyn on the Blair side seem very old.
                    Until they rid themselves of Momentum, they're fucked.

The Brits took a long hard look at a Labour Party hijacked by student union Trotskyite types and, with a fairly unappealing alternative, rejected them soundly. Sensibly imo. It's the 21st century.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Social media would have had you expecting a landslide labour
                        Depends completely on where you are reading. Read facebook groups of people in the UK, all you get is hate for Corbyn. Nothing about Tories or Labour, people just didn't like Corbyn. IRA this, terrorist that. And these votes should be a doddle, I'm reading the same thing on vegan groups, for a guy that campaigned for animals since the 80s.
                        Him visiting a grave is more important to the average person than policy.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        This probably the biggest factor
                        People going door to door for labour said the same as above, all they got was hate for Corbyn when talking to people, nothing about policies, views, brexit, ant-semitism. People just didn't want to vote for him.

The media had quite some effect in that obv.

As well as a man that didn't want to lie to say his personal stance was remain, so took no stance at all, it just looks bad even though it is understandable that he is honoring his views.

Anyway, rebuild the Hadrian wall, make Boris pay for it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          SPOILER
                          Vilnius
                          Vatican
                          Vienna
                          Valetta

and eh, fuck
                          Valiant effort

What is the Momentum part of labour? Their ERG?

Comment

It would seem that the bigger and more bare faced the lie the easier it is to get elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              It would seem that the bigger and more bare faced the lie the easier it is to get elected.
                              Charlie Haughey was ahead of his time . He'd be emperor of the Universe today.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                Valiant effort

What is the Momentum part of labour? Their ERG?
                                Hard-left Trotskyites.
                                They all joined as Labour members, vastly outnumbering the regular guys who had been there for decades and forced Corbyn in as leader. Perfectly legally I might add.

That's where the anti-Semitism came in.

They would be the equivalent of Paul Murphy on steroids.

Comment

Perception is real and the truth is not.

Comment

Comment

Although the vast majority of what has been labelled anti-semitism is in fact perfectly reasonable and admirable criticism of Israel (only a partially Jewish state - 25% Arabic, 25% or so Russians pretending to be Jewish for a visa) for treating Palestine as a Dachau-like playground. Although admittedly a very effective effort by the Israeli propaganda resources to twist it around in a manner that puts Russian state propaganda in the ha'penny place. Its also criticism that non-Israeli Jews, such as the progressive American Jewish community regularly make about Israel.
                                      I'm specifically talking about the bullying of British Jewish members of Labour.

No Israelis involved.

Comment

P+F

SPOILER
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Although the vast majority of what has been labelled anti-semitism is in fact perfectly reasonable and admirable criticism of Israel (only a partially Jewish state - 25% Arabic, 25% or so Russians pretending to be Jewish for a visa) for treating Palestine as a Dachau-like playground. Although admittedly a very effective effort by the Israeli propaganda resources to twist it around in a manner that puts Russian state propaganda in the ha'penny place. Its also criticism that non-Israeli Jews, such as the progressive American Jewish community regularly make about Israel.
                                          Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.
                                          About the IHRA non-legally binding working definition of antisemitism The IHRA is the only intergovernmental organization mandated to focus solely on Holocaust-related issues, so with evidence that the scourge of antisemitism is once again on the rise, we resolved to take a leading role in combating it. But to begin to address the problem of antisemitism, there must be clarity about what antisemitism is. 
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

That's a good definition AFB

Comment

Comment

That's a good definition AFB
                                                I'm working on a theory at the moment that the venn diagram of people who say "Criticism of Israel isn't anti-semitism" and people who regularly say deeply anti-semitic things is a circle.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

American Bandstand; biggest show in America at time, presented by one of Americas biggest stars, 100% miming only, middle of road target audience

Invite PIL on against the presenters will... what could possibly go wrong:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

So imagine a country conquered the world and inflicted poverty and misery on the countries they conquered. They pillaged and raped the resources from these countries. What punishment can Karma dish out to such a country? Perhaps make them oblivious to their own destruction – Hmmm, yeah I like it. Do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                      So imagine a country conquered the world and inflicted poverty and misery on the countries they conquered. They pillaged and raped the resources from these countries. What punishment can Karma dish out to such a country? Perhaps make them oblivious to their own destruction – Hmmm, yeah I like it. Do it.
                                                      Mongolia.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Can someone please explain to me how criticism of Israel is Anti-Semitic?

or, give me some examples of things people say that are cover for actual Anti Semitic beliefs but are delivered as criticisms of Israel?
                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

or, give me some examples of things people say that are cover for actual Anti Semitic beliefs but are delivered as criticisms of Israel?
                                                                Objective criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic, per Andy's very useful link.

Here's a pop quiz, tell us which ones are anti-Semitic:
                                                                1. Israel's building of settlements in the West Bank is illegal under international law and I unreservedly condemn it
                                                                2. Israel treats the Gaza strip as a vast Dachau
                                                                3. Jews have all the money in the world, their influence is completely out of proportion to their numbers
                                                                4. Tel Aviv is a shithole!
                                                                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 13-12-19, 16:46.

Comment

All the anti-semites are coming out of the woodwork now. Including famously anti-semitic, eh, Kitty Holland from the IT. Who fits in a side-hobby of anti-semitism in between campaigning for basic decent human rights.

That doesn't even make any sense. Suspect she was trying to be ironic and failed.

She was in my school , few years ahead. Complete headbanger.

Comment

Objective criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic, per Andy's very useful link.

Here's a pop quiz, tell us which ones are anti-Semitic:
                                                                    1. Israel's building of settlements in the West Bank is illegal under international law and I unreservedly condemn it
                                                                    2. Israel treats the Gaza strip as a vast Dachau
                                                                    3. Jews have all the money in the world, their influence is completely out of proportion to their numbers
                                                                    4. Tel Aviv is a shithole!
                                                                    1. Correct.

2. Inflammatory, not anti semitic inherently. Comparisons helps explain hypocrisy.

3. Bullshit, needless, anti-semitic to its very core.

4. Subjective, not anti semitic inherently.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Mongolia.
                                                                      Country always sounded like ' come on Go will ya ' to me.

Comment

Fuck the Jews and the anti-Semites and the Jews .

Comment

1. Correct.

2. Inflammatory, not anti semitic inherently. Comparisons helps explain hypocrisy.

3. Bullshit, needless, anti-semitic to its very core.

4. Subjective, not anti semitic inherently.
                                                                          75%

Comment

75%
                                                                            Show your work?

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't hitch my wagon to Kitty Holland.

Comment

Show your work?
                                                                                read Andy's link

Comment

read Andy's link

Comment

“We have never allowed ourselves to knead the bread that breaks the fast in the holy month of Ramadan with children’s blood. Whoever wants a more thorough explanation, let him ask what used to happen to some children in Europe, whose blood was mixed in with the dough of the holy bread.”
                                                                                    that kind of thing...

Though to say it has not been used to the fullest extent by the tories is true as well
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      that kind of thing...

Though to say it has not been used to the fullest extent by the tories is true as well
                                                                                      Not specifically talking about the Labour party. I have no idea about any of that.

More so, this absolute nonsense.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard
                                                                                      I'm working on a theory at the moment that the venn diagram of people who say "Criticism of Israel isn't anti-semitism" and people who regularly say deeply anti-semitic things is a circle.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        It is the crowning achievement of the Israeli state propaganda machine that they have convinced some very deluded people of this insane bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          It is the crowning achievement of the Israeli state propaganda machine that they have convinced some very deluded people of this insane bollocks.
                                                                                          Criticising Israel is fine. Doing so using anti-semitic tropes is not.

/end of/

Now, where's me meat?

Comment

Criticising Israel is fine. Doing so using anti-semitic tropes is not.

/end of/

Now, where's me meat?
                                                                                            What is anti-semitic about comparing the actions, and policies of the state of Israel with the actions and policies of Nazi Germany? (since I think this is the point you were attempting to smugly make above).

The actions and policies of Nazi Germany were anti-semitic, but they were simultaneously oppressive, murderous, cruel, xenophobic, sectarian.

The actions of the state of Israel are oppressive, murderous, cruel, xenophobic, sectarian.

Using the comparison helps highlight both the hypocrisy and cruelty of the policies of Israel in a frame that helps the world at large understand.

Comment

What is anti-semitic about comparing the actions, and policies of the state of Israel with the actions and policies of Nazi Germany? (since I think this is the point you were attempting to smugly make above).

The actions and policies of Nazi Germany were anti-semitic, but they were simultaneously oppressive, murderous, cruel, xenophobic, sectarian.

The actions of the state of Israel are oppressive, murderous, cruel, xenophobic, sectarian.

Using the comparison helps highlight both the hypocrisy and cruelty of the policies of Israel in a frame that helps the world at large understand.
                                                                                              This is excellent stuff, keep it up.
                                                                                              I will use it for my next example of both historical inversion and moral inversion.

Seeing as you like quizzes: how many countries could you be prosecuted in for voicing the above 'thoughts'?

Comment

Your historical inversion bollocks is basically reducing the argument to arguments about the magnitude of the cruelty, oppression, murder and xenophobia.

Both things can be very wrong, and they are.

Both things can be very wrong on different scales.

Comment

It's a wonderful day where a party who permitted some fairly major anti-semitism to take place within its ranks gets beaten like a red-headed stepchild.

Then people somehow get triggered into the classically anti-semitic behaviour of comparing the State of Israel to Nazi Germany

It's really odd.

Comment

Your historical inversion bollocks is basically reducing the argument to arguments about the magnitude of the cruelty, oppression, murder and xenophobia.

Both things can be very wrong, and they are.

Both things can be very wrong on different scales.
                                                                                                    mmmhmmm, well if you are determined to be an idiot I can't help you much

But let's at least test out your consistency:
                                                                                                    What do you think about China's treatment of the Uighurs?
                                                                                                    Russia's aggression in the Caucuses?
                                                                                                    Russia in Ukraine?
                                                                                                    Burma and the Rohingya?
                                                                                                    Turkey and the Kurds?

for example. Would you compare all of these to Nazi Germany?

Comment

The world is fucked when we can't call out clearly reprehensible actions for fear of being stigmatized by the perpetrators, the self righteous, and those dumb enough to believe the propaganda machine.

This will be my last word on it though since clearly the moral high ground only has space for murder and oppression sympathizers.

Comment

Andy's link contains a pretty glaring logical fallacy that undermines the whole thing, I'm surprised that no-one has seen it.

So, imagine a situation in which Israel does in fact decide to commit a genocide against the Palestinian people. Not only that but they so it in a very similar fashion to the nazis. Im not saying that is the case now, but it is a possibility. (in the same way that all countries are capable of doing something like this). So in this thought experiment world, according to Andy's link, comparing the actions of Israel to Nazi Germany would be considered anti Semitic, which is clearly false.

There are other fallacies too.

Comment

The world is fucked when we can't call out clearly reprehensible actions for fear of being stigmatized by the perpetrators, the self righteous, and those dumb enough to believe the propaganda machine.

This will be my last word on it though since clearly the moral high ground only has space for murder and oppression sympathizers.
                                                                                                          Yes, off to ad hominem land with you. Adios!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                            Andy's link contains a pretty glaring logical fallacy that undermines the whole thing, I'm surprised that no-one has seen it.

So, imagine a situation in which Israel does in fact decide to commit a genocide against the Palestinian people. Not only that but they so it in a very similar fashion to the nazis. Im not saying that is the case now, but it is a possibility. (in the same way that all countries are capable of doing something like this). So in this thought experiment world, according to Andy's link, comparing the actions of Israel to Nazi Germany would be considered anti Semitic, which is clearly false.
                                                                                                            em yeah, I guess Ireland or Sweden or Tajikistan could decide something similar too

Comment

mmmhmmm, well if you are determined to be an idiot I can't help you much

But let's at least test out your consistency:
                                                                                                              What do you think about China's treatment of the Uighurs?
                                                                                                              Russia's aggression in the Caucuses?
                                                                                                              Russia in Ukraine?
                                                                                                              Burma and the Rohingya?
                                                                                                              Turkey and the Kurds?

for example. Would you compare all of these to Nazi Germany?
                                                                                                              Yes, off to ad hominem land with you. Adios!

What is going on here RDIII??

First, you issued the ad hominem before accusing Theresa of it. Which is just ridiculous.

Also, your first post contains so many logical fallacies it's hard to count. Tu quoque being the obvious one. Your entire argument about this makes no sense. It appears to be entirely emotional without any really rational basis.
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

em yeah, I guess Ireland or Sweden or Tajikistan could decide something similar too
                                                                                                                ?

Comment

Lads ye are arguing with a guy who wears Churchill pyjamas here, he loves a bit of the old ultra violence against oppressed minorities

Comment

...

Comment

Meat intoxication is a real thing apparently...
                                                                                                                      So much so that the anticipation of meat makes one behave oddly
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                        What is going on here RDIII??

First, you issued the ad hominem before accusing Theresa of it. Which is just ridiculous.

Also, your first post contains so many logical fallacies it's hard to count. Tu quoque being the obvious one. Your entire argument about this makes no sense. It appears to be entirely emotional without any really rational basis.
                                                                                                                        Glad to see you sir.

What are your own thoughts on comparing the state of Israel to Nazi Germany?

Comment

My tuppence worth is that just because someone has views roughly in line with my own doesn't make them immune to being an idiot.
                                                                                                                          I've seen firsthand some starting out making an anti Israeli point about gaza and veer into anti semetic tropes without really realising it. Jews controlling the world type stuff, rothchilds etc.
                                                                                                                          In the same way someone influenced by right wing propaganda gets radicalised to the point of repeating extremism, its idiotic to think the same isn't possible on the left.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X