Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon Snow recounts the scene in Gaza's al-Shifa hospital, where doctors struggle to treat adults and children wounded by Israeli attacks.Subscribe to Channel ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Had one cigarette yesterday morning, vaped the rest of the day.

Feel so much better this morning than I did yesterday morning. Sinus clear, no morning breath, able to breath deep. Got a really good sleep.

I've been quitting smoking for a long time now, off for a few months, on again, on off, on off, this is exactly how I feel that first day as a non smoker.

I would seriously recommended this to someone struggling to quit.
      Do you drink? I always found drinking too much was the surest way to a set-back because it makes you more base and fucks with your brain chemistry. I think for big drinkers (regular irish drinkers) cutting back on the booze can definitely aid in cutting out the fags.

Comment

anyone looking for the oneplusone.

Invites here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...7251489&page=6

akin to the old gmail invites, join the list and promise your invites when you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
          Do you drink? I always found drinking too much was the surest way to a set-back because it makes you more base and fucks with your brain chemistry. I think for big drinkers (regular irish drinkers) cutting back on the booze can definitely aid in cutting out the fags.
          Absolutely. They go hand in hand for most people. I'm cutting right back on the drinking too at the moment.

Speaking to a mate last week, a guy that's really fit and healthy, I said to him 'I really need to change to a healthy lifestyle soon'
          'Soon was five years ago, you need to do it now' he replied.

Scared me a little.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...Didn't catch as much football last season as I usually do...And I think it's gonna affect my FF team...Half the players I've barely seen play...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                  Its pretty low id say.
                  What have Hamas got to gain from peace?
                  When will Israel be happy when all of Gaza is occupied by illegal settlements..
                  Mick, there are precisely zero Israeli settlers in Gaza, illegal or otherwise.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Your whole 'they're only killing brown kids so its okay' thing is a bit distasteful imo

What? Where did I ever say that? Must be some hangover you have there.

Comment

Some performance from Damien McGrane
                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Commonwealth Games rugby 7s QFs are delivering big time. Great fun!

Comment

Comment

That's because they drew new borders around Gaza to make that appear to be the case. Seriously I've no idea what you think your getting from defending people who bomb kids out for a day at the beach. Is there some geopolitical point that justifies that?
                            Back up your bus. Pop quiz: who agreed to and who rejected a ceasefire?

You seem to be a bit hormonal today.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That's because they drew new borders around Gaza to make that appear to be the case.
                                  Please don't make up 'facts'. Israel dismantled all illegal settlements in Gaza nearly ten years ago and dragged the various nutjob settlers out kicking and screaming (a process they should repeat in the West Bank).
                                  The Gazan borders haven't altered since 1948. A quick trip to a history book will confirm this.

So either you're making up facts to suit your argument (whatever that is, it's incoherent) or you're ignorant of the facts. Either way, your argument is fatally flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    Back up your bus. Pop quiz: who agreed to and who rejected a ceasefire?

You seem to be a bit hormonal today.
                                    Presumably the only correct answer is the 800 plus civilians who have been bombed to death.

Comment

Listening to a whole load of Guy Clark today, Dublin Blues is an outstanding album, what I wouldn't give to be able to write songs like that.

Oleras' 'Randall Knife' is the last track, such a beautiful song.

I really love this, lyrics are just so good....

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                        Presumably the only correct answer is the 800 plus civilians who have been bombed to death.
                                        Two (democratically elected) governments, two nations. One conflict. One agreed to stop the conflict, one decided not to. It's not a hard question to answer.

Comment

Comment

Good to see RD still defending Israel, I like the fact it doesn't bother him how many kids they kill.
                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Ahh the whole incoherent/hungover/hormonal anti-argument. Look at that pic
                                              Pretty pathetic HH. You try to attack by inventing 'facts', these get exposed as bullshit so you then insert a picture as the sole justification for your argument (whatever it is). You could just as easily insert pictures of the aftermath of suicide bombings. Or Palestinians celebrating 9/11.

Anyway I see that Hamas, after ignoring last night's ceasefire and continuing to blast away with rockets, have now announced their own ceasefire. Pity they couldn't have taken the one that all other parties accepted last week.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Two (democratically elected) governments, two nations. One conflict. One agreed to stop the conflict, one decided not to. It's not a hard question to answer.
                                                    But Glyn, c'mon now, it's far far removed from such simplistic analysis.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

A link to the hurling would be much appreciated.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                        A link to the hurling would be much appreciated.
                                                        Can you not watch in the rte player?

Comment

Mini brag, at the turn of the year I was 23.5 stone size 46 waist size 52 chest. I had a communion coming up on May 19th so I bought a suit 48 chest 40 waist to motivate me to lose the weight.
                                                          March 1st not a thing done same size probably worse I didn't check. So I cut the bread, spuds, rice,and pasta. Still ate loads of fruit and veg etc. Anyway I got into the suit for the communion badly fit tbh I certainly wasn't a 40 waist or 48 chest but struggled into them anyway.
                                                          1st of June joined the gym and got an induction etc. Weighed in at 19 stone 2 and I was a comfortable 42 waist at that stage. Went for the 8 week review this week and I'm down to 18'6 but more importantly a 38" waist and 46" chest.

Not doing a log or anything but putting up this post to motivate me to drive it on further and get to my new targets.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            Can you not watch in the rte player?
                                                            In Italy so geo blocked.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              But Glyn, c'mon now, it's far far removed from such simplistic analysis
                                                              I know it's not simple, because I know the history. If you don't know the history, you end up with the highly simplistic 'what about the dead kids?' arguments and\or calling people Nazis (which is always helpful).
                                                              Essentially, seeing a picture in the paper or on de interwebs and extrapolating a whole 'Israel be bad' narrative is both simplistic and unhelpful. Hitch has inadvertently shown that today by making up facts and then resorting to whatabouttery when faced with facts.

I was just trying to get agreement on one fact but for some reason no-one wants to do that.

Comment

there's an irish section in my local supermarket

always nice to see the irish and the polish close to each other

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  In Italy so geo blocked.
                                                                  Can you not use hola unblocker extension on chrome for it?

Comment

What were the Israeli bombs actually achieving besides encouraging a new generation of attacks and producing those kind of photos? Hamas were still firing their ineffectual rockets undeterred.
                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 27-07-14, 13:11.

Comment

Cable companies are trying to create an unequal playing field for internet speeds, but they're doing it so boringly that most news outlets aren't covering it...

SPOILER
                                                                      Scroll down the page to see the number of comments items usually get

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        What were the Israeli bombs actually achieving besides encouraging a new generation of attacks and producing those kind of photos? Hamas were still firing their ineffectual rockets undeterred.
                                                                        What alternative would you suggest?

Genuinely interested.

Comment

No good guys and war crimes clearly visible on both sides.

Its a human mess that allowed a nutjob Zionist movement have a whole part of someone elses country but it is not going away but yet we keep letting the zionists compound the mistake and create generation after generation of fear and loathing.

Unless you can agree to reverting to 1967 boundaries you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. Palestinians are just the same as any other people.

The moral bankruptcy of the west is not at its most pronounced when we see people buying zionist propaganda hook line and sinker and regurgitating the slippery arguments everytime the Israeli armies are out on one of their periodical social control missions, they jokingly refer to as mowing the lawn, slaughtering innocents at a ratio of c. 500:1 civilian casualties. The moral bankruptcy is most clear during the intervening years when we choose to ignore the plight of a people under siege in conditions that indeed do not bear comparison to the Warsaw Ghetto because they are in many respects worse, not least because we are looking at them day by day and turning out heads away.

Maybe this time the world will wake up to the reality of life under occupation / blockade / siege or whatever other weasel words are in vogue to attempt to disguise sheer disparity in power that creates and feeds Hamas the bogeyman that the extreme right needs foster to to stay in power in Tel Aviv.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I didn't know we have a European Olympic Games now, first edition in Baku next June.

I like these multi-sport events, even find the Commonwealth Games quite watchable. Hopefully it'll work out and should be lots of decent medal opportunities for Irish.

Comment

I was just trying to get agreement on one fact but for some reason no-one wants to do that.
                                                                              What fact? Why shouldn't Israel agree with the new ceasefire purposed by Hamas?
                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                there's an irish section in my local supermarket

always nice to see the irish and the polish close to each other
                                                                                Recently sat smirking to myself in an O'rish bar watching a plump (cute out) Irish girl try to explain to her stunned looking skinny assed date that she was not going to eat the 10+ bags of Tayto she just bought, that they are hard to get and......

Comment

What alternative would you suggest?

Genuinely interested.
                                                                                  What's the rush, what do they gain by sending in ground troops? The Iron Dome burns cash but it means Hamas are irrelevant. Lets be realistic, Israel isn't defending itself here.

Take the long view, build schools don't blow them up, no one is going to strap a bomb to themselves if they've work in the morning.

Perpetuating the cycle of violence blowing up irrelevant launch sites and breeding a new generation of people who've seen their childhood friends blown up seems counter-productive.
                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 27-07-14, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                    Normally I wouldn't have too strong an opinion on this kinda stuff, but is this not absolutely ridiculous from RTE? I'm assuming what's said in the article is true.
                                                                                    Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                                                                                    This literally makes me sick to my stomach. Shame on you RTE.
                                                                                    RTE responds

RTÉ News Report on Gaza broadcast 23 July 2014

RTE wishes to clarify that the news report on Wednesday 23 July 2014 did not misinterpret or misrepresent the views of a woman featured within the footage from Gaza.

The pictures and information featured in the report were received by RTÉ from the European Broadcasting Union's news service. The material contained pictures of a woman with a lengthy sequence of her shouting in the street. The woman begins by referring to children dying, but she then goes on to say that she is ready to wear an explosive jacket and join the fight.

The voiceover on the report was not intended to be a direct translation. The reporter was paraphrasing the woman's view - clearly stated in the information RTÉ received - that she was ready to resist the Israeli offensive. There was no attempt on RTÉ's part to misconstrue the woman's message or any intention to cause confusion.

The following is information received by RTÉ accompanying the footage:

Date Shot: 23-JUL-2014
                                                                                    Location: GAZA
                                                                                    Country: PALESTINE, STATE OF
                                                                                    Sound: NATURAL Language: ARABIC

Various parts of Gaza streets are under the rubble. A four storey building collapsed last night leaving more victims among defenseless civilians. EPTV camera was there the moment the building turned into dust.

Shotlist of EPTV correspondent in the street along with residents.

10:27:54:09 Forward zoom of building collapsing live next to ambulance.
                                                                                    10:28:09:22 SOUNDBITE (Arabic), male resident: "There's one dead their with a severed head, we also found a dead little girl. Down there, we found a dead woman and the corpses of three little girls around her."
                                                                                    10:28:25:04 - VS of the survivor being rescued
                                                                                    10:28:29:09 - VS of ambulances rushing in the wounded to hospital
                                                                                    10:28:42:24 SOUNDBITE (Arabic), woman in shock and awe shouting: "Four to five children die every single day, where are you people? ...a four-storey building fell on their heads, it is horrific, Allah is great, there's no god but Allah and Mohamed his prophet."
                                                                                    10:28:57:20 SOUNDBITE (Arabic), woman crying out in despair: " Stop the war, stop the truce, never say Hamas, never say Fatah, just say Nation of Allah. Listen to me all, I am ready to wear the explosive jacket and joint our fighters...all our children are dying..."
                                                                                    10:29:27:13 - Close of dead teenager wrapped in shroud
                                                                                    10:29:34:05 - GVs of crowd holding stretcher down the street

Ends

Comment

...

Comment

Mick, there are precisely zero Israeli settlers in Gaza, illegal or otherwise.
                                                                                        I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          Can you not use hola unblocker extension on chrome for it?
                                                                                          I shall look into that.

Thanks Tom.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Superb goal

Comment

ooh and Shrap; you are over here just about long enough to start to figure out that while there is tons of stuff to do in that Landan, actually finding out about them is a pain in the hole as listings are a load of arse.

For gigs try something like the songkick app, looks at your music library and notifies you about gigs by your bands/ linked bands well in advance

Comment

A while back someone put an article or link here about a hippy type comune place where drugs were legal I think. It was in a middle of a city. Belgium or somewhere like that. I remember reading further on wiki. Can anyone shed light on it. Can't remember where it was
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                    A while back someone put an article or link here about a hippy type comune place where drugs were legal I think. It was in a middle of a city. Belgium or somewhere like that. I remember reading further on wiki. Can anyone shed light on it. Can't remember where it was
                                                                                                    Christiana in Copenhagen.

Comment

...

Comment

Sample of texts sent to a prominent TCD prof over last two days. Oh dear.

"I'm too drunk to respond, but generally agree with your point"

"It seems like a great point though"

"A haircut with a beer. Living the dream."
                                                                                                        At least you're not professing drunken love for him.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Remy failed his medical, deal off

Comment

It has already got good reviews here but its worth banging on about just how great Alpha House is.

Its a half hour comedy made for Amazons streaming network created by Garry Trudeau of Doonsbury fame and stars John Goodman

IMO Trudeau has really aced it he's created a TV show that has all the incisiveness and wit of Doonsbury with a lot more belly laughs. Goodman and Clark Johnson and all the supporting cast are great but Matt Malloy steals the show as a sexually confused Mormon Senator from Nevada.

According to wikipedia, Malloy who I'd never noticed in anything before was inspired to start acting by his Uncle who was a well known character and comedy actor from the 60's who was also at his best doing comedy turns. I'l leave it as a guessing game if you fancy it, I think he's very lilke his uncle not just in looks but in his performance.

Comment

Fuck property management company/estate agent cunts. That is all.
                                                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    I didn't know we have a European Olympic Games now, first edition in Baku next June.

I like these multi-sport events, even find the Commonwealth Games quite watchable. Hopefully it'll work out and should be lots of decent medal opportunities for Irish.
                                                                                                                    I wonder will this be replacing/incorporating the European athletic championships?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Pic of Tallinn

Take a trip to the marina while you're there and have a look at the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          Trudeau has really aced it he's created a TV show that has all the incisiveness and wit of Doonsbury with a lot more belly laughs.
                                                                                                                          Ehh...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X