Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is interesting stuff.

Just shows you: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/we-...-a-major-setup
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      ++

Except I thought brilliant as it is the whole thing of the firefighters wife at the hospital was poorly done but the rest was so good it wasn't a problem
      Originally posted by mickste View Post
      Yep, was too unrealistic to believe, she is great though, going to be Irelands next big star
      There is an accompanying podcast 'The Chernobyl Podcast' which is good, fact checks some of the stuff in the TV show and explains what has been changed for purposes of TV. Haven't listened to the one about Ep3 yet but the story of the firefighter and the wife is based off an actual recorded story

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        Game 1 seems to be CHDad by a nose from GAB, RD3 and bohsman.
        RD3 had the golden UK ticket but his Danish wingman let him down.
        Game 2 seems to be Solks in a photo from Dimoxinil and Dice who both got scores which would have won the other game.
        UK again let down by their partner.
        Hmmm, UK still trying their heart out for Dice and RD3 with their score reduced by a further 5 points.
        Contest organisers revise the final scores after admitting they miscalculated the jury voting.

Result on the night counts etc, though don't think the 5 points would have changed it anyway.
        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 23-05-19, 09:09.

Comment

Hmmm, UK still trying their heart out for Dice and RD3 with their score reduced by a further 5 points.
          Contest organisers revise the final scores after admitting they miscalculated the jury voting.

Result on the night counts etc, though don't think the 5 points would have changed it anyway.
          FPP only

Comment

Ah here . I bought a new gansey with me winnings

Comment

$185.75 pre-market
              Well I'm already down around 200k, or 80% of my net worth. Might as well lose the rest of it.
              Are you leveraged at all?
              Nope, all Jan21 call options, so if it rebounds, I'll be ok.

But I like to expect the worst. Only thing that bothers me is that there's no way for me to safely profit off of this dip since I'm pretty much out of money and rent is still due next month.
              In same boat. Lesson learned
              Ouch

Comment

I realised shortly after waking up this morning how many words ended in umble.

It's 12:44 now and it's still the most interesting thought I've had today thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Jesus. How rotten is the UK at present? Knock on wood Ireland doesn't go down this kind of rabbit hole...
                  Ireland is only coming out of that rabbit hole over the last 20-30 years

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Ouch
                    Maybe they could go long GBP and fly to the moon on the profits.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                      Ireland is only coming out of that rabbit hole over the last 20-30 years
                      With them making the backstop central to the whole fiasco it is in a very real sense the exact same rabbit hole they are falling down.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                        There is an accompanying podcast 'The Chernobyl Podcast' which is good, fact checks some of the stuff in the TV show and explains what has been changed for purposes of TV. Haven't listened to the one about Ep3 yet but the story of the firefighter and the wife is based off an actual recorded story
                        And while I find it preposterous my russian friends shrug and see it as the most documentary like part! Except for the amount of money handed over at the desk either which would have been a bigger wad or more likely some western commodity like a watch or box of cigarettes!
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          I realised shortly after waking up this morning how many words ended in umble.

It's 12:44 now and it's still the most interesting thought I've had today thus far.
                          Any recent sightings of TylerDurden?

Comment

AGOT...

SPOILER
                            ...was absolutely awful.
                            The actually story arc was about two scenes. Watch followed was poorly written fan fiction (complete with plot holes). A shit load of fan service, that was almost breaking the 4th wall.
                            If that was GRRM's ending. I hope he fixes the flaws.
                            Last edited by Mellor; 23-05-19, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                              Any recent sightings of TylerDurden?
                              I refer the right honourable gentleman to the comments I made dated the 11th of April:

I apologise for the drop in quality but a possible Tyler Durden sighting last night at College Green around 7:40pm. Was using a being with a child as a cover to cast doubt. But I am on to him. As ever stay frosty Where Was Tyler Durden fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                James Holzhaueron on Jeopardy passes $1m in record 14th Consecutive Win

He bets sports as his main source of income and did a well on 2+2 in the past.
                                Opr
                                This guy is still going. I have been downloading the episodes to watch his progress since hearing about his run. He had his first ever what you would call close battle yesterday. Just short of the $2m mark now in total earnings. The record total for any one day before he appeared on the show was $77k. He has been averaging that per-episode since he started!

James Holzhauer is on track to be the highest winning Jeopardy contestant of all time. How is he doing this? James is professional gambler and his game-play ...

Opr

Comment

I refer the right honourable gentleman to the comments I made dated the 11th of April:
                                  Recently announced his engagement. Probably too busy ridin' to post about it here.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah seen that, was hoping for further sightings. He is an international globetrotter these days though so sightings are more rare of course.

Comment

I don't think I've read a poem in years, but I came across William Blakes proverbs of Hell - it actually blew me away.

SPOILER

In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.
                                      Drive your cart and your plow over the bones of the dead.
                                      The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
                                      Prudence is a rich ugly old maid courted by Incapacity.
                                      He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence.
                                      The cut worm forgives the plow.
                                      Dip him in the river who loves water.

A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees.
                                      He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star.
                                      Eternity is in love with the productions of time.
                                      The busy bee has no time for sorrow.
                                      The hours of folly are measur’d by the clock, but of wisdom: no clock can measure.

All wholsom food is caught without a net or a trap.
                                      Bring out number weight & measure in a year of dearth.
                                      No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.
                                      A dead body, revenges not injuries.
                                      The most sublime act is to set another before you.
                                      If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise.
                                      Folly is the cloke of knavery.
                                      Shame is Prides cloke.

Prisons are built with stones of Law, Brothels with bricks of Religion. - Theres more https://poets.org/poem/proverbs-hell
                                      Last edited by Hectorjelly; 23-05-19, 16:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                        I don't think I've read a poem in years, but I came across William Blakes proverbs of Hell - it actually blew me away.

SPOILER

In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.
                                        Drive your cart and your plow over the bones of the dead.
                                        The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
                                        Prudence is a rich ugly old maid courted by Incapacity.
                                        He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence.
                                        The cut worm forgives the plow.
                                        Dip him in the river who loves water.

A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees.
                                        He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star.
                                        Eternity is in love with the productions of time.
                                        The busy bee has no time for sorrow.
                                        The hours of folly are measur’d by the clock, but of wisdom: no clock can measure.

All wholsom food is caught without a net or a trap.
                                        Bring out number weight & measure in a year of dearth.
                                        No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.
                                        A dead body, revenges not injuries.
                                        The most sublime act is to set another before you.
                                        If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise.
                                        Folly is the cloke of knavery.
                                        Shame is Prides cloke.

Prisons are built with stones of Law, Brothels with bricks of Religion. - Theres more https://poets.org/poem/proverbs-hell
                                        Blake fairly lived as he wrote, he advocated:

broad reform tradition starting in the 1820s that held that marriage is slavery, and advocated the removal of all state restrictions on sexual activity such as homosexuality, prostitution, and adultery, culminating in the birth control movement of the early 20th century.

Comment

Enjoying The Virtues on Channel 4 so far, worth catching if you're into hopeless heart wrenching dramas.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            Enjoying The Virtues on Channel 4 so far, worth catching if you're into hopeless heart wrenching dramas.
                                            I'm watching now it's fucking excellent

SPOILER
                                            he should get an Oscar for his vomiting skills alone 🤮
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                              Just watched the first episode there. Stephen Graham is probably my favourite actor (along with Tom Hardy), and Shane Meadows is wonderful at revealing the emotional depth of real life experience.

Comment

That boards Gangland shooting coverage is becoming some farce.
                                                Paul Williams and his ilk ultimately responsible I guess constantly pumping up the wee beys and snoops of the Dublin scene while Vonda’s and the Greek go about their biz unmolested. Wonder who our clay Davises are, FF used to be tight enough with Mansfield didn’t they?
                                                Last edited by Guest; 24-05-19, 00:20.

Comment

I see there were another 5 deaths climbing on Everest between today and yesterday,

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                    I see there were another 5 deaths climbing on Everest between today and yesterday,
                                                    That is most unfortunate. It is certainly something nobody could have foreseen and I’m sure they were all as well prepared as it is humanly possible to be
                                                    Last edited by Guest; 23-05-19, 23:52. Reason: Hotspur is watching

Comment

Saw this earlier, but it doesn't look real

A huge queue of climbers has formed near the summit of Mount Everest as expedition organisers Thursday reported two more deaths on the world's highest mountain.

Comment

Apparently it is. Madness.

The route from the Nepal side slowed to a single-file march of 250 to 300 people. The delay may have contributed to the deaths of two climbers.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                          Yesh possibly as that guy who got shot dead last night was a close friend of Zac Parker. But there is a melting pot of scum and villainy in Darndale that it could also be a lend of a tenner gone wrong. That Ladbrokes in Priorswood beside Martins lounge should be seen to be believed, the travellers own that pitch. Its like that Star Wars scene. Its an experience.
                                                          I've a series of WhatsApp messages and videos with the background to this.
                                                          Some fella called the zombie is involved.
                                                          Three lads were dealing where they shouldn't be, were told not to, two of them went to the zombies House, smashed his car up and gave his missus a few slaps.
                                                          The video of this is readily available. The lads did not cover themselves in glory running from the girl until they remembered they outweighed her by a few stone and were a few feet taller.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            Saw this earlier, but it doesn't look real

https://phys.org/news/2019-05-traffi...ie-summit.html
                                                            Aside from the Facebook likes what is in it for people any more? No honest person should be getting a real sense of personal achievement or getting kudos from others for Climbing Everest the way it is done by the majority these days (getting dragged up the mountain by Sherpas)

I’m not talking about real mountaineers here who , mainly about the guys who’s plan is to bore people to tears with corporate inspiration talks when they get home.

Comment

Surprisingly busy in the polling station this morning.
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                Voting for the Green candidate with the Sinn Fein candidate name who ran rings around Casey the other day.
                                                                Every time I’ve seen Casey on TV he has been an embarrassment (pretty sure he was well oiled on the LLS too) . An absolute embarrassment
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 24-05-19, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                  Voting to the Green candidate with the Sinn Fein candidate name who ran rings around Casey the other day.
                                                                  Every time I’ve seen Casey on TV he has been an embarrassment (pretty sure he was well oiled on the LLS too) . An absolute embarrassment
                                                                  +1, Casey is a thundering disgrace, setting up advertisements to have a go at that former Rose of Tralee candidate because of her "homosexual lifestyle", the worst type of politician, telling bold face lies and then ignoring people who ask him to back it up.
                                                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Dublin media and guards doing some ordinary decent rural politician down again. Wonder who it could be

The Garda Ombudsman, GSOC, has opened “a public interest investigation” into alleged irregularities in voter registration in Kerry.

A full garda investigation is also underway into allegations surrounding registration forms for the supplementary electoral register and a garda superintendent from outside the Kerry Division has been assigned to the matter.

The enquiry centres on the Killarney electoral area, it is understood. The central allegation is that that large numbers of forms, involving up to 200 additional voters, or voters who were changing address, were stamped by a garda in a garda station without the presence of the voters asking to be registered, as required.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                      +1, Casey is a thundering disgrace, setting up advertisements to have a go at that former Rose of Tralee candidate because of her "homosexual lifestyle", the worst type of politician, telling bold face lies and then ignoring people who ask him to back it up.
                                                                      Dunno if this was posted here, it’s his actual election leaflet

Other side nearly as much of a joke, dunno what most of it has to do with Europe
                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 24-05-19, 09:06.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                        I went at about 8.15 in Kiltiernan and it was amazingly quiet! Couldn't believe it, never voted that early before in the four years I've lived in Sandyford but expected a bit of bustle.

Comment

Exit stage left for Strong and Stable Mable.

Comment

Exit stage left for Strong and Stable Mable.
                                                                            we need Lazare to pray for her replacement not to be BJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                              Seems to be deleted now but he had a row on twitter with a Ming Flanagan parody account tweet from 2013 the other day

Comment

Fasted 16 hours, Blood tests done, voted (pass the divorce amendment ty, girl im seeing needs to get divorced), went for breakfast , read may has resigned, Eddie rockets started doing beyond burgers, what else you got for me Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  we need Lazare to pray for her replacement not to be BJ
                                                                                  Ah no. For pure comedic effect, while the UK pours itself down the shitter of history, you want a proper clown at the helm.

May was a truly awful PM in every way possible but there was zero craic to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Ah no. For pure comedic effect, while the UK pours itself down the shitter of history, you want a proper clown at the helm.

i still believe there is a small chance for a second referendum, so no chance of that happening with him at the helm

Comment

Think the brexiteer public's mind are more firmly made up than ever re leaving - the refrain now is 'let's just get on with it - no deal!' Anyone who disagrees is a traitor It will obviously hit us in the pockets but surely for the rest of the EU's sake better out than in, poisoning the rest of us?

Obviously no matter what happens, whether the UK breaks up, living standard plummet, whatever, those responsible will not acknowledge that and the papers will go on blaming Brussels, immigrants, the Irish.

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I’d given it zero thought tbh,it’s a field full of non entities and she stood out. Thought most of that green blocking developments stuff is just in Dublin and catering to the same Dublin NIMBYs who would be harping on about diversity in public while making sure there’s no halting sites or social housing anywhere near their leafy enclaves

Might just spoil my vite now, or vote for Ming

Comment

Or might go with the renua guy who’s main policy is to end the “economic apartheid “ of more investment being made inside the M50.

Comment

Brexit won't happen Brexit won't happen
                                                                                                  La la la la

La la la la

La la la la

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        This is the same Renua that is campaigning against the biggest investment in rural Ireland since electrification in the form of the National Broadband Plan?
                                                                                                        I agree with them .

In other news

La la la la

Comment

If only everyone had Corky's Daughter to vote for. What credentials.

What party are ye?

Fianna Fail

Fuck off

Comment

...
                                                                                                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 24-05-19, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Like a particularly heavy shite, the splashback would impact us too. My gove for pm bet (made months ago) is maturing nicely though
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If only everyone had Corky's Daughter to vote for. What credentials.

That's real /r/instagramreality stuff there, https://twitter.com/ODonovanDeirdre look at the obviously touched up profile photo vs the header image in which she looks far more weathered...
                                                                                                                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  Like a particularly heavy shite, the splashback would impact us too. My gove for pm bet (made months ago) is maturing nicely though
                                                                                                                  Laughably enough, he *could* be viewed as a compromise candidate.

That's how fucking mad it all is. And Putin laughing his ass off.

Comment

...

Comment

Our Brexit Man has delivered his verdict.

I actually expected more knife-twisting. I get the impression he can hardly be bothered to point out the stupidities any more.

Comment

...

Comment

I always have raved about Mia's school as ye know... Just got the best news ever. Mia was going to Lurgan had the deposit paid and all.

School just rang fully paid scholarship worth 1k im fucking thrilled

Also refunding me the deposit.

Nearly crashed the car when principal rang!!! Over the moon.

Now ideas for a nice pressy for the principal, please
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X