X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbling View Post
    Did you post this in the wrong thread?
    Either way, could you point me in the direction of Redjokers video??
    Don't think so, there was some discussion of 3betting a bit up the page.

Its on Leggopoker.com, should be fairly easy top find once you sign up. It really is very good.

Comment

For those than dont know - Pokernews.com have ventured into the poker training market and signed nanonoko as the lead coach.

Here is a free sample vid -
      Poker strategy, top tips and tutorials for beginners + advanced players. Improve your skills and learn the best poker strategies from experts to help you win.

Comment

What site is soft for 100nl and 200nl games at the moment??

Think there are probably far softer games than Full Tilt even though there are still a decent amount of fish.

Im thinking Ongame and Betfair but the software sucks, and Everest but the rakeback/bonuses suck??

Whats iPoker like these days, still overrun with short stacks??
        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

ipoker or cake from what I've been hearing

Comment

using a new database atm so don't have many hands on regs to look at.

just wondering what kind of fold to cbet% you guys have?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post

57.1% this month to date
              44.4% lifetime

Though I possibly fail
              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Mine is 56%. Should probably be higher.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

63%.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

ha wow. ok. mines about 38%.

Comment

Is optimal not around 65%?? Or does that reduce as you go up in stakes due to an increase in Villains c/r%

edit -sorry thought you meant c-bet
                      Last edited by Bubbleking; 18-06-10, 13:11.

Comment

ha wow. ok. mines about 38%.
                        lol station

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                          Is optimal not around 65%?? Or does that reduce as you go up in stakes due to an increase in Villains c/r%
                          you thinking of cbetting maybe?

Comment

it should be around, 40-45. Like if he bets say 5 into 7, it'll be 7x + (1-x)-5 = 0 so 5/12 which is around 41%, that'll vary obv if he's betting 6 into 8 or 7 into 9 etc, but it'll be roughly similar. It only needs to work 40% of the time so we have to defend 60%. Also, at low stakes people prob cbet too much so you can prob defend even more.

38% seems about right/little loose pl.

Mines 42 or something.

Comment

ha, even lower today. prob a bit of leak long term

Comment

Fold to cbet should be about 40% from a GTO POV

Edit: Assuming they cbet 75% of the pot on average.
                                Last edited by RoadSweeper; 20-06-10, 06:41.

Comment

Hrm, perhaps I need to become more of a calling station in that case.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Maybe, but folding less to to cbets doesnt mean you have to call more cbets

Also, if you are calling more cbets but not raising flops, you probably have to call way more than 60% of cbets.

Cliffs. Raise more flops.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                      Maybe, but folding less to to cbets doesnt mean you have to call more cbets

Also, if you are calling more cbets but not raising flops, you probably have to call way more than 60% of cbets.

Cliffs. Raise more flops.
                                      I'm concerned that I might be a tad exploitable if I start raising 16% more flops.

Comment

Atm you are exploitable as villain can cbet ATC profitably. Raising flops (esp in position) is soooo hard to play vs. and generally not done enough. I dont raise nearly enough flops but I'm increasing it gradually. I reckon if you try to force the stat staright off the bat, you will be busto by Wednesday
                                        Last edited by RoadSweeper; 20-06-10, 09:21.

Comment

is there a way to filter in hm for just hands where someone donk bet?

edit nm, i guess filtering for call on the previous street, and bet on the next will do it.
                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 21-06-10, 03:23.

Comment

I fold to cb 39.8% and raise cbet 16.6%. I don't think I like folding much.
                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

You're all watching too much durrr imo.

Comment

Is it wrong to pretty much never call a 3bet 100bbs deep?

Also, twice tonight, I opened JJ in MP/CO and was 3bet by a ~100bb BTN with 3bet stat of 5 and 7 respectably (over 300 hands). I folded both, as I felt I was doing little else other than setmining by calling, and that he's not folding to a 4bet enough to make it worthwhile, especially since JJ isn't doing well vs these guys' 5bet range.

Am I being a spectacular nit? I really struggle when I get 3bet and I'm OOP.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post

Also, twice tonight, I opened JJ in MP/CO and was 3bet by a ~100bb BTN with 3bet stat of 5 and 7 respectably (over 300 hands). I folded both, as I felt I was doing little else other than setmining by calling, and that he's not folding to a 4bet enough to make it worthwhile, especially since JJ isn't doing well vs these guys' 5bet range.

wow u have tighten up - was looking for something earlier on and found an old board post from theresalwaysone (is he on here?) sayin u were a fish, how times have changed...
                                                  Last edited by Ace; 24-06-10, 01:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                    wow u have tighten up - was looking for something earlier on and found an old board post from theresalways one (is he on here?) sayin u were a fish, how times have changed...
                                                    he's not wrong, I've been stepping on my own toes for years with poker. I am trying to iron out the tilt issues and just look at the overall game/long run a lot more. Basically I'm sick of having monthly graphs that would make excellent MacDonalds signs.

If it wasn't for rakeback and bonuses, I wouldn't even have a roll.

Comment

Yeah, it'd be pretty wrong to never call a 3b 100bb deep. OOP, you shouldn't be calling 3bets much, but IP, especially against aggro enough guys, you need to pretty badly.

As to the hands, it depends on image and what their btn 3b stats are like, but I think folding JJ on the CO and MP to BTN 3bs is probably a leak. Sometimes you can, but if they're at all aggro you can call or 4b. If they're aggro enough, I'd definitely lean towards 4betting though.

Comment

Yeah sorry, was meant to say OOP in my initial question. At stakes I'm playing, 5% 3bet stat seems about average, and that was what one of the above players had, and the other 7%.

I'm not happy 4betting to get it in vs their 3bet range (perhaps a serious case of MUTBS?), and I don't think a 4bet gets many folds vs these guys either too.

Comment

you have to look at what the 3bet% is by position though. they should be 3betting a ton otb. and you should be 4bet bluffing a reasonable amount with blockers and stuff too.

Comment

yup, I'm 4betting there with AJo, KJo and KQo a lot.

I guess its all just selective memory, but as if I needed proof, I just 4bet JJ from MP and called a BTN shove (3bet of 17% over 2k hands). He obviously has KK and I don't suckout.

I just don't see JJ as being a hand that is strong enough to get it all in pre with vs most players at these stakes (I think the hand I mentioned is probably fine, other than the fact we were deep), and its simply because players don't 3bet light, and rarely 5bet anything less than KK+ and AKo+.

Comment

It depends on your stats obviously but for me I'd 4bet and stack off 100% of the time here. If it's a 3bet stat of 5 and 7% overall then it becomes an even easier decision to stack off as there BTN 3bet will probably be 9% or so.

Edit: Just seen your new post. If people are only stacking off with the goods then you're probably to nitty yourself.
                                                              Last edited by Teddie; 24-06-10, 01:57.

Comment

That doesn't make any sense. If they are doing it light enough to warrant 4 bet bluffing with Aj etc, then you should be 4 betting Jacks some of the time as well. I would be very reluctant to fold Jacks in either of the two spots you mentioned.

Just some other thoughts on this page, most of the advice is very narrow minded, don't worry about getting a close to GTO optimium stat on one street, worry about the hand as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                  Edit: Just seen your new post. If people are only stacking off with the goods then you're probably to nitty yourself.
                                                                  I am happier 5bet shoving JJ than calling a 5bet shove with it. Does this make sense?

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                  That doesn't make any sense. If they are doing it light enough to warrant 4 bet bluffing with Aj etc, then you should be 4 betting Jacks some of the time as well. I would be very reluctant to fold Jacks in either of the two spots you mentioned.

Just some other thoughts on this page, most of the advice is very narrow minded, don't worry about getting a close to GTO optimium stat on one street, worry about the hand as a whole.
                                                                  The difference though is card removal, when I 4bet AJo I'm folding to a 5bet ~100% of the time. But can I do that with JJ? I don't think so. Players at 20/25nl where I'm playing now aren't adapting much, and we are all pretty much playing ABC poker, I rarely see people 3betting with JJ (and often choose to flat with it myself too).

Again, I'm asking questions here, (albeit maybe not in a direct manner), so please feel free to pick anything I've said apart.

Comment

To make it easy, say its 100bbs. You make it 3, he makes it 10, and you make it 25 with JJ. He then shoves for 75bbs more. Its 75 more to you, and the pot will be 200 if you call. You need 37.5% equity.

Against a tight, but likely range of only bigger pairs, AK and AQs (suited only) you have 38% equity.

Against a super tight range of bigger pairs and AK you have 36% equity.

Against an aggressive range of 99+, AQ+ you have 50% equity

Against a super nit range of AA/KK you should obviously just fold!

There will always be some random bluffs, i'm pretty much never folding here once I 4 bet, and I'm going to 4 bet against almost anyone who 3 bets alot from the button, anything over 7 and im happy to get it in.

I'm a lot happier 4 betting JJ and getting it in than 4 betting AJ and folding.

Depending on the player calling the 3bet is often the best play. If they play very predictably (ie tight) and you can get to a showdown when you are ahead then calling is good, if they play very aggressively post flop its a good hand to trap someone with.
                                                                    Last edited by Hectorjelly; 24-06-10, 02:30.

Comment

Don't listen to advice about playing too nitty yourself, players at these levels don't adjust their play a whole lot. You should be able to see the most important factor is if people are getting it in with AK or lower pairs. If they are either folding AK to the 4 bet or not 3 betting it most of the time, then 4betting is clearly not a good option. I've played in plenty of games over the years where people are felting AA and KK only preflop, the key to making the right decision is to correctly gauge what people's ranges are in these spots.

Comment

fold to 4bet%

I was comparing my stats to a 200-400nl pro and his stats were similar to mine except for fold to 4bet% where his was 37% over a large sample and mine was 52%(mainly 100nl). So I implemented some changes but still can only get it down to 49%. Im pretty happy with my 3bet/4bet game at the moment and currently where I play I have tons of notes on my opponents and can identify the preflop warriors and I lower my calling/shoving range accordingly.

Just wondering what other peoples fold to 4bet% is ?

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                                          I was comparing my stats to a 200-400nl pro and his stats were similar to mine except for fold to 4bet% where his was 37% over a large sample and mine was 52%(mainly 100nl). So I implemented some changes but still can only get it down to 49%. Im pretty happy with my 3bet/4bet game at the moment and currently where I play I have tons of notes on my opponents and can identify the preflop warriors and I lower my calling/shoving range accordingly.

Just wondering what other peoples fold to 4bet% is ?
                                                                          Mines 28.8% over the last 50k. . I obv don't like folding .

Be careful with the stat though. Compared to a guy playing 400NL, someone playing 100NL should probably have a higher ft4b. Secondly, it takes a huge sample to even let it become close to accurate. I'm not bothered to do the sums, but I reckon 100k would be too small a sample anyway. Thirdly, looking at someone's stats and trying to emulate them without understanding them doesn't work. There may well be a very good reason why he folds to 4bets much less. May actually be a leak of his, may be a leak of yours, or maybe both of ye are playing well vs your opponents. May be an artefact of a small sample either. Certainly wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                            or maybe both of ye are playing well vs your opponents.
                                                                            All of what Tommy said, but this especially. Fold to 4bet is exactly the kind of stat that would vary between winning players at different levels of the game.

Comment

Playing a tourney. Eff. Stack 18k. Villain is Iain Cheyne.

7bb stack limps MP, I limp behind CO, SB checks, BB checks.

Flop AsTx8x

checked around.

Turn 8s

SB checks, BB bets 1k into 2500 or so, shortie folds, I call, SB folds.

River Ts (Pot is about 4500)

BB checks. What is our betsize here, and what hands do we bet with?

I've my own idea of what is right, and its not how I played it.

Comment

I think your betting range is polarized here. you have to bet all houses obv and all your air hands (unlikely you have complete air after calling the turn imo)

no point betting any flush hands because its unlikely you get any value from worse so I just check behind. I also check behind most Aces.

meh Im betting between 3.5 - 4k.

Comment

On the GTO defending ranges discussion, you're missing the fact that if villain checks it's +EV for him. If you made villain's cbet 0EV he could improve his expectation by checking instead, which means your defending range isn't optimal.

Comment

Flop AsTx8x

checked around.

Turn 8s

im betting 2700 here with all my hand Ax 8 any T flush hand etc alot of the time in this spot they call to chop and min me if they have it!

Comment

Thoughts on this hand?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($24.14)
                                                                                      Button ($15.48)
                                                                                      Hero (SB) ($29.07)
                                                                                      BB ($25.14)
                                                                                      UTG ($10.71)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K
                                                                                      UTG calls $0.20, MP bets $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.90, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.40) 9, 2, 5 (2 players)
                                                                                      Hero checks, MP bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

Turn: ($6) 2 (2 players)
                                                                                      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($6) 4 (2 players)
                                                                                      Hero bets $3, MP raises $8, Hero folds

Total pot: $12

Villains stats are strange, plays 17/15 over 800 hands AF of 4.2, 81% cbet but 14% turn cbet.

I floated the flop cause I don't think he has much, and I've taken it away from him on the river twice already when the action has gone cbet call, check check, donk fold.

I'm repping a pretty decent flush imo, and can't really see what the villain can have here other than 44 or the Nut flush played strangely. Am I mad to think about shoving over his river raise? Nobody bluff raises rivers at this level surely? But I can't really put him on a hand that would play like this. Turned quads??

Should I just fold to the cbet, or do I need to be calling cbets here with a hand such as this vs someone who cbets so wide?

Comment

Just fold flop, esp without having even back door equity.

Comment

becasue of his high cb % then this board isnt a bad one to check/raise flop and follow up on turn if called. However not sure if this will work too often at 20nl who find it hard to release an overpair even though equity against your check/raising range is around 35%..

As played fold the river..

Comment

Yeah just fold flop emmet. You don't need to win every hand, and floating oop is just gonna burn money most of the time.

Flop AsTx8x

checked around.

Turn 8s

I jam for 16k and think the OB is fine, but should have made it like 8k or so. Anyone tell me I'm retarded?

Comment

Yeah just fold flop emmet. You don't need to win every hand, and floating oop is just gonna burn money most of the time.

I jam for 16k and think the OB is fine, but should have made it like 8k or so. Anyone tell me I'm retarded?
                                                                                              I like it. It puts huge pressure on his 8x hands and flushes can pretty much never call. You can very conceivably have a T here imo.

I assume you had air and he called you off with the 8, yeah? Or he checked a T to the aggro spew monkey?

Comment

It's Rush Week next week on Full Tilt and I plan on extracting the most bonus I can get out of it. Then I'm going to change sites. Anyone got recommendations for a place to play? I'm leaning towards Betfair at the moment given their great signup bonus and rakeback, how fishy it apparently is, and my high tolerance for bad software.

I'll explore some other options though. Anyone playing on Cake or Entraction have anything good/bad to say about them?

Comment

Go with it, im on there at the moment after switching from Full Tilt at the start of this month and its like ive gotten a time machine back to 10 years ago.

Software is ridic bad and there is practically no customer service but if you want tables full of 62-16s its the place to be.

Comment

Nice one Marvin. I deposited a bit for a test, played an hour of 4 tables this afternoon and was up 1.5 buyins. The software's really bad, but it's tolerable. I think I've found my next home. The only problem's going to be not dribbling away my winnings on sports betting.

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love stars
                                                                                                      "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love stars
                                                                                                        PUKE...

Comment

Jebus! WTF happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                            Go with it, im on there at the moment after switching from Full Tilt at the start of this month and its like ive gotten a time machine back to 10 years ago.

Software is ridic bad and there is practically no customer service but if you want tables full of 62-16s its the place to be.
                                                                                                            What stakes are you playing? I'm playing 25/50. Let me know by PM if you want to trade hand histories. Having a decent DB can make a big difference.

Comment

So I'm gonna play the GUKPT summer sizzler event here in Sheffield next week and was thinking of selling a few % since it's way out of my bankroll. Would it be completely out of order for me to try to flog %'s here?

Obviously I'm not gonna charge 25% vig to cover expenses, if anything I should probably offer them at a discount... Total buyins will be ÂŁ825, which is ~$1250. I'll play the sats obviously, but it's still a significant amount of money for me. $11 for 1% of a random boards guy in a 110-man tourney that will be a random mix of mid-stakes pros and local donks would not be unreasonable would it?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                It's Rush Week next week on Full Tilt and I plan on extracting the most bonus I can get out of it. Then I'm going to change sites. Anyone got recommendations for a place to play? I'm leaning towards Betfair at the moment given their great signup bonus and rakeback, how fishy it apparently is, and my high tolerance for bad software.

I'll explore some other options though. Anyone playing on Cake or Entraction have anything good/bad to say about them?
                                                                                                                where can I find details of their sign up bonus and rake back?

Also fire ahead with selling % imo

Comment

Bubbleking: I got all my offers from IanMc's RakebackFTW site. That's my referrer URL if you want to use them. I'd like a cut obv. There's loads of sites like this that will have handy lists of bonuses and rakeback deals too.

Comment

I've never deposited on stars, (dispite playing there for years) is there any way I can add a rake back deal now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                      I've never deposited on stars, (dispite playing there for years) is there any way I can add a rake back deal now?
                                                                                                                      No RB on stars even under the table. VIP scheme only

Comment

Is that the bronze/silver/.....supernova thing,

I need to play more there

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                          Is that the bronze/silver/.....supernova thing,

I need to play more there
                                                                                                                          thats it...

You have reached a page at PokerStars™ which no longer exists. Visit our homepage or the sitemap to find the page you're looking for.

basic calc there for which levels you could reach
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Mike; 14-07-10, 13:04. Reason: sentence didnt make sense

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X