Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts

Villain is a loosing reg, played a hand with him where I got very lucky, I min from utg, he flats flop 368s, he was short at the time, anyway we get it in on the flop when I have QQ, he has 33 and the board runs out all the same suits for a chop.

This is a $22 1R1A btw and we are pretty deep at this stage.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 22 Tournament, 500/1,000 Blinds 100 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

UTG+1 (t21,738)
    MP1 (t58,794)
    MP2 (t55,949)
    CO (t8,470)
    Button (t14,432)
    SB (t54,525)
    BB (t24,314)
    Hero (UTG) (t29,328)

Hero's M: 12.75

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, A
    Hero raises to t2,000, 6 folds, BB raises to t4,925, Hero calls t2,925

Flop: (t11,150) 7, 3, A (2 players)
    BB bets t5,005, Hero calls t5,005

Turn: (t21,160) 8 (2 players)
    BB bets t14,284 (All-In),

Call all day. You have nearly a quarter of your stack in the middle with top pair and a draw to the nuts. No possible fold here

edit: nearly a third even, sharp at maths me
    Last edited by eamonhonda; 26-02-14, 23:12.
    airport, lol

Comment

Call

Comment

Ya, I was just looking for some quick replies, tbh I did tank known I nearly have to call as I had too much in but I didnt like it tbh, I know I picked up the draw on the turn but felt at the time I more than likely need to hit it, like what else is he doing this with?

Turn: (t21,160) 8 (2 players)
        BB bets t14,284 (All-In), Hero calls t14,284

River: (t49,728) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t49,728

Results below:
        SPOILER

BB had A, K (two pair, Aces and Kings).
        Hero had Q, A (one pair, Aces).
        Outcome: BB won t49,728

Comment

Not super call, but pot odds are there, so we have to call.
          Our pot odds are about 29%, and with eV of 37%, we can't do anything but call.
          razbor IPB.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ibimon View Post
            [ATTACH]1967[/ATTACH]
            Think you forgot to enter the flop and turn?

Comment

Shit...
              Il do it when I get home.
              Estimated guess is that our eV will go up OTT of this board.

Comment

[ATTACH]1967[/ATTACH]
                Villain can have a wider range surely? And I don't see how this is pretty deep. 22bigs vs 24 bigs. Hand just plays itself methinks especially with the turn. Folding just seems like burning money.
                Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Any stats?

Your utg open stat + his 3bet stat would help,

Probly either shipping pre or folding, don't really like flatting this shallow as played I'm calling,
                  “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                    Villain can have a wider range surely? And I don't see how this is pretty deep. 22bigs vs 24 bigs. Hand just plays itself methinks especially with the turn. Folding just seems like burning money.
                    Deep as in closing in on the bubble

Comment

Originally posted by shanno66 View Post
                      Any stats?

Your utg open stat + his 3bet stat would help,

Probly either shipping pre or folding, don't really like flatting this shallow as played I'm calling,
                      Don't have stats at hand but I would think my utg stat would be above standard as I did pick up a few premiums from utg and we have history when he flops a set v my QQ which was not too long before this happens.
                      Villain has to put me on a hand as I did not really get out of line plus he must think about what I am calling him with.

Comment

Yeh, if you have been pretty active utg I'd probly just ship pre.

He can deffo 3bet/fold 24bbs deep and we block a good bit of he's value range,

Obv if he has a low 3bet % that changes things.
                        “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

I fold preflop pretty much always here, but I am a huge nit, so take my advice with caution
                          "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                            Don't have stats at hand but I would think my utg stat would be above standard as I did pick up a few premiums from utg and we have history when he flops a set v my QQ which was not too long before this happens.
                            Villain has to put me on a hand as I did not really get out of line plus he must think about what I am calling him with.
                            Your giving him too much credit for thinking .

Comment

he can indeed in these spots, but I prefer to give standard meta ranges, unless we/hero specify that it can be wider and our V is a creative artist

and as Damo said above, "Your giving him too much credit for thinking".

As I think Barry Greenstein or one of his co-hosts on cash poker podcast said "Consider everybody to be an idiot at the table, unless they prove otherwise". Not exact words, but as close as I remember it being said

Easier to assign straightforward ranges until we see V go out of line imo.
                              Don't see many opponents go wacko OTT without history ether or a strong hand.

Don't take me wrong I love table dynamics,but imo a lot of V's don't understand the concept apart from few regs, and sometimes we may end up leveling ourselves in casual spots like sb vs bb, blinds vs BTN because we think, he knows, that we are thiking, that....and so on and on

Comment

Don't like pre at all. I don't think this is a good hand to be peeling 3bets with off 24bbs effective. Most useful stats here are his 3bet from blinds and his defend stats. If he defends a lot then you can just go ahead and fold. If he has a high 3 bet then you can shove. But I don't like calling at all. I'd much prefer shoving than calling pre.

Not many people bluff 3bet off 24bbs. A lot of hands you flip with probably don't induce. Don't see any hand you dominate 3betting for value. So yeah without anymore reads just sigh fold I guess.

fold>shove>>>call IMO As played sigh call.

Comment

All of the above. HUDs are invaluable for spots like this. Who is villain?
                                  "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

This is villain http://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-St...layers/Nes1989

His 3bet stat is 6% and 25% from the bb but I have only 47 hands on him
                                    My raise 1st stat is 17% from ep

Do people really think that open shoving 29 bigs pre is the best option, do we not want to get value out of our hand, now that villain has 3bet, is it best to fold/ship or flat, surley flatting cant be that bad or shiping probably is'nt either.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                      vs him may fold AQ pf, also can get away OTF as well.
                                      Chronic fish only ever 3bet with JJ+/AK
                                      A lot of times vs these fish even our AK on K or A flop is dominated or a split.

But sweet jebus he's a nice donor ))
                                      god bless him, and I hope people never say anything bad to him at the tables.
                                      We need people like him

Comment

But sweet jebus he's a nice donor ))
                                        god bless him, and I hope people never say anything bad to him at the tables.
                                        We need people like him

I disagree. Those are not the stats of a an idiot at all. He shows good profit on his 10r, 50r and 100r games sample.
                                        Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

I disagree. Those are not the stats of a an idiot at all. He shows good profit on his 10r, 50r and 100r games sample.
                                          20k games -29k, I'm not sure he's the brightest tool in the box.
                                          Unless he's on a downswing since 09..

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
                                            I fold preflop pretty much always here, but I am a huge nit, so take my advice with caution
                                            Spots like this it's probably best to take the lower variance/nitty line and just fold and move on. We don't have enough history so it comes down to positions and stack sizes.

Can't do much else as played.
                                            It's all an illusion

Comment

Working...
                                            X