Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alms for an ex limper?

Just a quickie.

Playing live last night. €55+5 NLH. 14 left 4 paid. 8000 start stack. 20 min blinds. Can get a bit crap shoot like late on.

History. Lots of limping going on. Hi-jack always limps no matter what the hand or level. I shoved the previous level against 6 limpers with AK in the BB and shoved again not long after from the BB with K7s vs serial limper and sb limp. Won with a no-show both times.

7 Players at the table
    Blinds 400-800
    UTG Limps (Has raised his big hands and has limp folded earlier. His is above the average standard there but that not saying much.). 16k stack.

HJ Serial Limper limps (12k)
    Button limps (17k)
    SB limps (8k)

I look down a A8 with 16k stack.

Action?
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Checking>Shove>Small Raise

Checking is by far the best option here imo.
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I check. If I hadn't just done it twice in recent memory and have an uber tight image I might consider the shove (I usually wouldn't though: I'm not under any real pressure to do so with this stack), but I don't like the risk to reward of shoving here where even a live donk will have noticed the previous shoves and be more likely to trap limp.
      My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Meh i like a shove here. It's hard to allocate anyone anyone a decent holding. UTG doesn't know how much action will be behind so i wouldn't necessarily put him on a trap. HJ does his thing. The button likes his pretty hand and probably thinks you wouldn't shove 3 times. The SB comples for value and you shove to take the dead money.

I probably wouldn't shove ATC, but A8 wont always be in bad shape against limpers. There's a greater chance one of the limpers will be get pissed off with your constant shoving and snap call with KQ/KJ or a small pair, than you walking into a trap imo.

You've 20BB at a 7 handed table and 10 off the money, i'd be happy enough taking a shot at picking up 4k here

Comment

25% of your stack is in the middle, nobody has shown any strength on a table of serial limpers. Shove, and hope to be called by KQ or 44.

Comment

they sound like bad players?
            if so, i wouldn't give them the opportunity to take my stack that easy

check for me anyway - 20 bbs is too much to put in the middle here

Comment

Wit 20bbs i check here.If say i had around 12bbs i would be shoving.
              As it stands 20 is very comfortable even though its going to get very crapshooty.
              "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                Checking>Shove>Small Raise

Checking is by far the best option here imo.
                /thread imo

Comment

Free look at the flop in a serial limped pot with a raggy ace oop with 20bbs?

Yes please all day long.(after briefly considering something retarded of course).
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

my first response was raise but thinking about it id just check see the flop here imo

Comment

I much prefer jamming to checking in these spots but I am assuming that UTG limp folded the hand when you had AK and shoved into 6 limpers so I would consider that he it may just increase the possibility he has limped a big hand.

That said I am def jamming AT and Idk that 99/88 A9 form a large enough part of their limp calling ranges for the hands to be that much different.

Comment

Working...
                      X