• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipoker Major

Standard calls?

Villain 17/12/0.9/9.6(3bet) , 3% limp, over 300 hands,

IPoker, $69 Buy-in (15/30 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: 10,000 (333.3 bb)
    MP2: 10,114 (337.1 bb)
    MP3: 9,940 (331.3 bb)
    CO: 10,030 (334.3 bb)
    BTN: 9,676 (322.5 bb)
    SB: 10,205 (340.2 bb)
    Hero (BB): 10,075 (335.8 bb)
    UTG+1: 10,030 (334.3 bb)
    UTG+2: 9,930 (331 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: T:diamond:
    UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls 30, MP1 folds, MP2 calls 30, 4 folds, Hero checks

Flop: (105) 3:diamond: A:diamond: K:spade: (3 players)
    Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks

Turn: (105) T:club: (3 players)
    Hero bets 63, UTG+2 raises to 270, MP2 folds, Hero calls 207

River: (645) 7:diamond: (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG+2 bets 420,

Villain 17/10/2.6/1.6 over 140 hands

IPoker, $69 Buy-in (300/600 blinds, 50 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: 14,112 (23.5 bb)
    BTN: 19,745 (32.9 bb)
    SB: 9,350 (15.6 bb)
    BB: 30,239 (50.4 bb)
    UTG+1: 53,273 (88.8 bb)
    UTG+2: 7,500 (12.5 bb)
    Hero (MP1): 24,487 (40.8 bb)
    MP2: 7,620 (12.7 bb)
    MP3: 39,611 (66 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: K:spade:
    2 folds, Hero raises to 1,200, 5 folds, BB calls 600

Flop: (3,150) 8:spade: 7:club: 5:club: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets 1,260, BB raises to 3,000, Hero calls 1,740

Turn: (9,150) 9:spade: (2 players)
    BB bets 920, Hero calls 920

River: (10,990) K:diamond: (2 players)
    BB bets 25,069 and is all-in,

Hi Keith, first hand I would fold river, although would have raised pre and bet flop, he probably has qj which is the most limped hand,

Second hand I'd let go on flop if not defiantly on turn, king on river changes a little but straights still have us screwed, it's a messy spot on river come to think of it...

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
      Hi Keith, first hand I would fold river, although would have raised pre and bet flop, he probably has qj which is the most limped hand,

Second hand I'd let go on flop if not defiantly on turn, king on river changes a little but straights still have us screwed, it's a messy spot on river come to think of it...
      Read this, then you know what not to do imo

Comment

Debate away, if you want, it's only a view

Comment

Really?

H1 - for me is a check/call as played on the river imo. Whole hand is costing us 7% of our stack & I think I call the river with the 2 pair.

H2 - Wierd spot on the river. Villains betsizing is all over the place (10% of pot on turn - 2.5x overbet shove pot on river). It looks so bluffy on his part, like he has no plan after defending preflop. I dunno, really have to think about that one. Would be praying I had notes written on villain because you really have to hope he's at it here.

Comment

Hi Keith,

IMO first hand is a standard call as played.

Second hand,

Second hand I'd let go on flop if not defiantly on turn

I'm never folding that flop to his check raise!

Personally I might raise turn considering his lead sizing to try and get added value from draws. He could be nutted of course but the over-bet on the river is interesting and open to interpretation following such a small turn lead.

What range do you put him on when he makes up the BB and check raises you this flop?

Also what stats were you playing yourself when this hand happened?
            Poker is like sex, position is everything..

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Duecewilder

Comment

Hand 1

I did fold to the river bet.

It was his sizing on the river that put me off so I felt it was best to fold especialy so early in the tournament.

Hand 2

Found this to be a tricky enough spot on the river. I dont go mad on this flop as it been a draw heavy board so I am just going to use pot control, his turn sizing is all over the shop but still happy to just flat and when he jams the river I did tank for a bit.

I felt he might have been on some sort of a draw even when he did 3bet me on the flop but his river jam just has to be a protective shove and wants to just take it down there and then.
              I did call and he had A9.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                Hand 1

I did fold to the river bet.

It was his sizing on the river that put me off so I felt it was best to fold especialy so early in the tournament.

Hand 2

Found this to be a tricky enough spot on the river. I dont go mad on this flop as it been a draw heavy board so I am just going to use pot control, his turn sizing is all over the shop but still happy to just flat and when he jams the river I did tank for a bit.

I felt he might have been on some sort of a draw even when he did 3bet me on the flop but his river jam just has to be a protective shove and wants to just take it down there and then.
                I did call and he had A9.
                Good call hand 2.

Hand 1 I really dont get. Mythical, magical level of thinking I guess. See no reason to fold whatsover.

Comment

Working...
                X