Something like that.
        That's defeatist talk.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

latest runners and riders

get your money in you lazy bums

Comment

Off the nags 8 years but sure someone else is doing the gambling so that doesn't count.Pm details please

Comment

elbows and GAB received

Comment

Shipped, ty.

Comment

puremagpie received, NA in transit

latest R&R: 19 received, €950 in the pot

Comment

Think if we were to get over €1500 in the pot I'd be leaning towards the defeatist talk of eoghan104, still be over 1k for 1st with a return for 2nd/3rd.
                    But you're the man putting the time in & organising it so think you can have the final word on it!
                    Roll on this day week, fuckin love Cheltenham!!

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                      Think if we were to get over €1500 in the pot I'd be leaning towards the defeatist talk of eoghan104, still be over 1k for 1st with a return for 2nd/3rd.
                      But you're the man putting the time in & organising it so think you can have the final word on it!
                      Roll on this day week, fuckin love Cheltenham!!
                      RD lets go with 1k for winner and do something for 2nd and 3rd. Thank this post if you agree to gauge what people are thinking.

It keeps a lot more people interested for the week.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                        RD lets go with 1k for winner and do something for 2nd and 3rd. Thank this post if you agree to gauge what people are thinking.

It keeps a lot more people interested for the week.
                        Down with this sort of thing.

That is what 25/1 winners in the Grand Annual are for.

Comment

The Duke is not for turning.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Nah im on the winner takes all wagon.

Comment

All or nothing. Place money is for losers.
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                The Duke is not for turning.
                                it will be hilarious if eoghan comes second

almost as hilarious as the time he turned a straight flush in a complicated props bet...and was in the jacks at the time so couldn't claim it. ~€600 ftw

I got the dealer to hold the board until he got back to the table obv.

Comment

In any case, the rules are fairly transparent, Rule 1 in fact:

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool.

Comment

Forgot about this, will ship funds tonight. Dam AIB and their stupid card reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      it will be hilarious if eoghan comes second

almost as hilarious as the time he turned a straight flush in a complicated props bet...and was in the jacks at the time so couldn't claim it. ~€600 ftw

I got the dealer to hold the board until he got back to the table obv.
                                      OK fair enough I will stop being ghey.

Funking hard for a RD 2nd place now.

What about the time I called your All in with A7 to crack your AA? Still the greatest moment of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                        What about the time I called your All in with A7 to crack your AA? Still the greatest moment of my life.
                                        I aged about ten years that day

tactics will be interesting for this - clearly you are better off nuggetting out the longshots rather than backing a steady diet of 2/1 shots

Comment

If you have winners the first day does your betting bank increase or is your max stake for the week 1,000
                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Cheltenham festival. Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week.

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
                                            The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)
                                            Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                            If you have winners the first day does your betting bank increase or is your max stake for the week 1,000
                                            You can only punt up to 600 in a day
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              You can only punt up to 600 in a day
                                              If you start with 1,000 bet 100 on 3 races on day 1 and win all three bets your bank increases to more than 1,000 say 2,000 to make it easy. Can you then bet on every race for the rest of the festival for 100 i.e 18*100 or are you limited to a max of 1,000 worth of bets over the 4 days.

Comment

If you start with 1,000 bet 100 on 3 races on day 1 and win all three bets your bank increases to more than 1,000 say 2,000 to make it easy. Can you then bet on every race for the rest of the festival for 100 i.e 18*100 or are you limited to a max of 1,000 worth of bets over the 4 days.
                                                Yes, you can bet 100 * 18 in that case.

You're very optimistic. Harrington win going to the head?

Comment

Yes, you can bet 100 * 18 in that case.

You're very optimistic. Harrington win going to the head?
                                                  Cheers.

If I have more than 4 bets a day I would be very surprised.

Have 6 bets locked in at the moment unless the ground is soft or worse. Trying to find at least another 6 will be tough. Final Furlong pod will give me few I hope.

Harrington win was nicely timed and yes it has gone to my head. My biggest priced winner ever.

Comment

Shipped now. AIB, REF - Jibzzzz.

Ty for doing this.

Comment

I don't know one end of a horse from the other

Meh, I'm in, PM bank details please. I may need them at some point in the not too distant future anyway

When is Cheltenham?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                        I don't know one end of a horse from the other
                                                        hasn't been a handicap for previous winners, in fact it might be an advantage

Originally posted by Lao Lao
                                                        When is Cheltenham?
                                                        Starts next Tuesday and runs for four days solid.

Comment

hasn't been a handicap for previous winners, in fact it might be an advantage

Starts next Tuesday and runs for four days solid.

Money shipped there from BOI A/c - Should be with you by Friday latest

Comment

What would be a reasonable handicap to give GAB in this??

Im thinking he wouldn't be harshly treated carrying a 25% deduction in virtual winnings - soften his edge a small bit

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                              What would be a reasonable handicap to give GAB in this??

Im thinking he wouldn't be harshly treated carrying a 25% deduction in virtual winnings - soften his edge a small bit
                                                              If the old Gambling Syndicate is anything to go by we should probably let him double his stake

Comment

I'm in for this if you can pm details plz

Comment

20 paid up so far, 4- figure prize guaranteed

Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 04-03-15, 20:37.

Comment

13 declared runners have not paid their entry fees, if all make it in we will have a prize of €1650 for the winner

I'm not going to chase people, you are all (well mostly) functioning adults

plus the glory, don't forget the glory

Comment

13 declared runners have not paid their entry fees, if all make it in we will have a prize of €1650 for the winner

I'm not going to chase people, you are all (well mostly) functioning adults

plus the glory, don't forget the glory
                                                                      Maybe there should be a champion tipster signature under your name for the winner or better than chief tipster assuming GAB doesnt win

Comment

Defo in, up the North for work will do tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                          Defo in, up the North for work will do tomorrow.
                                                                          that tip of yours just paid for about 10 entries, wp wp

Comment

that tip of yours just paid for about 10 entries, wp wp
                                                                            At least my € 50 donation to the hedge hopping experts will be a freeroll! I have decided my strategy will be to have 50 virtual euro on number 6 in the first 20 races. Worked for me once when hardy eustace won the CH at 33's.

I hope after the runaway success of this you will organise one for all weather champions day on good Friday .

Comment

#98
                                                                              ...Pm's Sent, shipped just now...

Comment

#99
                                                                                runners and riders at the four day declaration stage:

prize pool is €1150

Comment

who's running a book on this ?

Comment

Take me off the list there RD cheers, must stop giving away free money

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                      who's running a book on this ?
                                                                                      You

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                        Take me off the list there RD cheers, must stop giving away free money
                                                                                        Never stopped you before! np, done.

Comment

Horatio and Timeout - funds in transit.

Kim Huybrechts, careca, Benny, Dice, poprock, mcnugget - get shipping if you want in. Funds must be received by Tuesday am.

Comment

Please to send your bank account details?
                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Mostly going to be relying on a tactic I picked up yesterday to win this. Bet on a horse yesterday that took a bad fall at the last jump. Checked my account a bit later and turned out i'd bet on the winner by accident, seems to be my best chance in this

Comment

Lodged in branch at 10.25am

Cheers for organising.

Comment

Shipped with username as reference. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    I think the most interesting aspect of this is how you manage your 1,000 Bank in line with stake limits and selections having to be in before the start of the first race.
                                                                                                    Indeed, there is going to be lot of tactics at play.

It could make life too complicated for RDIII but would it not be more interesting and perhaps fairer if
                                                                                                    4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.
                                                                                                    was changed to Nominated by PM
                                                                                                    1PM and no editing to make it easier to manage.
                                                                                                    Whatuthink?
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Indeed, there is going to be lot of tactics at play.

It could make life too complicated for RDIII but would it not be more interesting and perhaps fairer if

was changed to Nominated by PM
                                                                                                      1PM and no editing to make it easier to manage.
                                                                                                      Whatuthink?
                                                                                                      post in the thread.

If you are that worried about it, post at 1pm exactly.

Comment

In if i can get my Skrill/Paypal accounts country change in time (im some lazy fuck)

Details please

Comment

Dice and gaz, moniez received.

Should make the €1500 mark imo

Comment

You
                                                                                                            way to many sharps here for me

Comment

way to many sharps here for me
                                                                                                              I would not have a clue how to price it up. I should be 33/1 at least anyway.

How is the golf punting going.

Comment

I would not have a clue how to price it up. I should be 33/1 at least anyway.

How is the golf punting going.
                                                                                                                Going decent, last year was very good after a very rocky start. yourself ?

I'm looking forward to this competition doing my Cheltenham placepot work for me.

Comment

Going decent, last year was very good after a very rocky start. yourself ?

I'm looking forward to this competition doing my Cheltenham placepot work for me.
                                                                                                                  Last year was good. Had Cabrera, Stallings and Kirk as big price winners and a few decent places as well.

This year was going ok had Stallings and Noren place and a few tied places which were annoying but had Harrington last week at 300/1. Now massively in profit.

Trying to figure out the best strategy. Don't have many the first day but a few decent fancies on the other days. Hard to know what to do.

Comment

latest runners and riders:

€1300 received so far, €100 in transit and 5 runners yet to ship. If you are shipping cash, should probably get moving!

Comment

I somehow (and regrettably) managed to resist the urge to write 'For sexual favours rendered' as the descriptor.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 06-03-15, 19:22.
                                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Downtown sniffs value. Reminder to any intending runners to ship the entry fee.

Prize pool looking to be ~ €1500.

Comment

I expect there will be stakes back if either Douvan or Un De Sceaux win their races ya?
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X