Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some amount of characters about town.

Was that you Raoul trying to talk your way past a traffic cop this morning?

"He's not even my Pope!

Comment

fuckers are holy rolling since 6 the fucking noise from the park this morning
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
        Yes?
        He's entered in a tournament. Was not expected to do well and has a great chance to win. In his late 40s so doubt he expects to top 10 in the world rankings again so what's the issue with it being discussed?

He's fucking bat shit crazy. The new swing stuff is mental. Impossible not to like him. Great example to any aspiring golfer

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
          He's entered in a tournament. Was not expected to do well and has a great chance to win. In his late 40s so doubt he expects to top 10 in the world rankings again so what's the issue with it being discussed?

He's fucking bat shit crazy. The new swing stuff is mental. Impossible not to like him. Great example to any aspiring golfer
          Jaysis I didn't say there's anything wrong with it being discussed like.

I want him to win - Other than Tiger he's my favourite player - I was just saying this win means nothing ranking-wise.

Comment

I'd be delighted if he wins. Every win is worth something. Stuck a few bob on Scot Jameson just in case Pod has a mare. Come on POD take it down.

Comment

I'd be happy for him to win a Pro-Am these days!

Not huge prize money - https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsn...payout-110567/
              Last edited by Emmet; 26-08-18, 13:10.

Comment

Ed Ball's Travels in Trumpland is well worth a watch for anyone concerned about whats going on in the US.
                There is a fair bit of infotainment bullshit to cut through but somehow Balls is able to get away with it and carry the viewer through to the interesting bits.
                Will be fascinating if he gets to do a follow up when its all over.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Harrington consolidating his GOAT irish sportsperson status further.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

another day another disaster
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

DP you seem a little Trump obsessed lately m8. You'll give yourself a stroke taking things you can't control so seriously

Comment

Ugh

Comment

135k @ the pope today

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            DP you seem a little Trump obsessed lately m8. You'll give yourself a stroke taking things you can't control so seriously
                            not taking it seriously so much as not letting this level and depth of ridiculousness pass without comment and become the norm

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                              135k @ the pope today
                              Seriously?

That's a quarter of the forecast!
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                Seriously?

That's a quarter of the forecast!
                                It was pretty funny when he was going around in his pope-mobile, the crowd wasn't even two people wide in many places.
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                  It was pretty funny when he was going around in his pope-mobile, the crowd wasn't even two people wide in many places.
                                  He must feel like an awful eejit in that thing even at the best of times, it's one thing if it's a hereditary role but to have that thrusted on you late in life when you've no interest in pomp.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                    I guess it's true: we're now officially a post-Catholic country.

You're all Protestants now. Welcome aboard.

Comment

I guess it's true: we're now officially a post-Catholic country.

You're all Protestants now. Welcome aboard.
                                      Yes, protesting at the stupidity of all religion.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        Yes, protesting at the stupidity of all religion.
                                        Being a protestant isn't a religious thing. It's a matter of taste and breeding.

Apart from those northern types of course.

Comment

Being a protestant isn't a religious thing. It's a matter of taste and breeding.

Apart from those northern types of course.
                                          A taste for self-denial/self-loathing (the Protestant work ethic ffs) and inbreeding you mean

The Irish are just returning to their Pagan selves

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Looking for recommendations. Have a party of 20. Going for meal / piss up. Must be City centre or close burns like Ranelagh etc . Similar to market bar that they will put out semi decent platters / Tapas but Jesus not the market bar. Anywhere similar around the town. Mid priced is fine. Nobody looking for cheap but would have a few pull out if it was big money. Cheers if anyone has any thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                I was there meself when the Polish goalie came.

Absolutely under this time. Although it still will be disgustingly high at about 60,000 people.
                                                Unless it is limited to that type of number it'll be much higher, but more from a celebrity and hype point than any religious fervour for a lot of people.
                                                Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                38% of the electorate voted against gay marriage Laz.

There'll be 400k minimum out.

There'll be buses going from every corner.
                                                Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                Lol, 60k is miles off imo. It'll be far higher. Don't think it'll get anywhere near a million but would expect 250k anyway
                                                Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                135k @ the pope today
                                                Nearest the pin.

What do I win?
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Looking for recommendations. Have a party of 20. Going for meal / piss up. Must be City centre or close burns like Ranelagh etc . Similar to market bar that they will put out semi decent platters / Tapas but Jesus not the market bar. Anywhere similar around the town. Mid priced is fine. Nobody looking for cheap but would have a few pull out if it was big money. Cheers if anyone has any thoughts.
                                                  Was at a similar type thing in Fallon and Byrne. Wasn't as expensive as I was expecting and food and service both decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Nearest the pin.

What do I win?
                                                    Had forgotten about that. Happy enough with my prediction at the time.

I'll get you a set of rosary beads

Comment

In Ranelagh, you have Host (www.hostrestaurant.ie) which do small plates but think they only serve wine from an alcohol point of view so may not be great for the piss up point of view but you have several pubs very close by after if you want to move on after food.

Other option would be Taphouse (Taphouse.ie) who do good pub grub at reasonable prices. Plus you're perfectly placed for a feed of pints after.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        McCain had a pretty rock solid republican voting record until the illness. E.g. voted down every single public health initiative. Kudos to the good style he went out in, and his family seem like good people, but he was a standard odious republitard for most of his career.
                                                        A somewhat tenuous reason to post some Norm Macdonald.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Went to Jimmy Hall based on GAB's recommendation...it was fantastic. Incredible to see how much things have changed in Ireland in such a short period of time. Brilliant production.

Comment

I was ignoring Papal visits 40 years before it was cool

As it happened I spent this weekend with someone who has been a very close friend since we turned a serendipitous meeting the day the Pope was in the Phoenix Park into the first of a series of spectacular parties and lifelong friendships.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              I was ignoring Papal visits 40 years before it was cool

As it happened I spent this weekend with someone who has been a very close friend since we turned a serendipitous meeting the day the Pope was in the Phoenix Park into the first of a series of spectacular parties and lifelong friendships.
                                                              see how far we've come. now you can get married.

Comment

Bit of a surreal weekend, felt like a weird high fever nightmare of progressive and regressive Ireland all mangled together with an off tone Daniel O Donnell ballad in the background.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Opened up the laptop to book a trip to Switzerland at half-term, ended up with confirmed flights and airbnb in Edinburgh. Not sure how that happened.

5 days with no MrsDIII either so could be interesting. Hopefully there is kid-related activity there? (Mrs F, heeeeeelllllllllppppppp)
                                                                  Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 26-08-18, 21:06.

Comment

10% what they were only a couple of decades ago.

One more generation. It's very sweet.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

another mass shooting in us
                                                                      some fucker shoot up a madden tournament
                                                                      entire thing was streamed on twitch

the above isn't graphic visually but you can see the laser sight on the fella in red just before it happens

Sources told News4Jax, a Jacksonville broadcast station, that at least four people had been fatally shot, and 11 total.

The shooter was a gamer who was competing in the tournament and lost, according to Steven “Steveyj” Javaruski, one of the competitors.

The shooter “targeted a few people” and shot at least five victims before killing himself, Javaruski told The Times in a direct message on Twitter. The gunman killed two or three people “that I saw,” Javaruski said.
                                                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 26-08-18, 21:33.

Comment

Reading Dostoyevsky at the moment, has put the thought of going to St Petersburg in my head (think I remember Hitch raving about it before)

A few weeks in Australia last year has put me off visiting anywhere English speaking for a good while.

Comment

Comment

Dunno when I joined here surely min 5 yrs ago.. And ye all know mia at this point.

Well she off to secondary school in morn. Fuck me I'm not really the emotional type but I am now

Where do the yrs go!?

She plaited her hair while damp so. It will be curly in morning, scrubbed her Teeth and learned how to tie a tie. While giving me a bit of lip....

She's obv not into make up or girlie stuff but loves shawn mendes and has been on to me months to buy her his perfume... So. In the morning she will be gifted with it as a little surprise.

I'm. So excited for her as she is. I think she will go on to do very well for herself.

Can't wait for morning to see her!
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                              Dunno when I joined here surely min 5 yrs ago.. And ye all know mia at this point.

Well she off to secondary school in morn. Fuck me I'm not really the emotional type but I am now

Where do the yrs go!?

She plaited her hair while damp so. It will be curly in morning, scrubbed her Teeth and learned how to tie a tie. While giving me a bit of lip....

She's obv not into make up or girlie stuff but loves shawn mendes and has been on to me months to buy her his perfume... So. In the morning she will be gifted with it as a little surprise.

I'm. So excited for her as she is. I think she will go on to do very well for herself.

Can't wait for morning to see her!
                                                                              Only 8.5 years ago Michelle, and a couple in the old place too I'd say. Where does time go to? She'll smash it.

Comment

Only 8.5 years ago Michelle, and a couple in the old place too I'd say. Where does time go to? She'll smash it.
                                                                                Fuck me 8.5 yrs not too far off a decade. Holy fuck.and obv because I'm so vocal ye have grown with mia. Great to have the memories.

Great oul bunch we are
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Castle Rock, ep 7, the latest one, is up there with one of the best hours of tv definitely this year, reminded me of the character driven episodes on leftovers.

Amazeballs.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Are there boys in this school SatNav?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          And if you turned up rocking a tie as a full grown women you'd get some mighty weird looks.
                                                                                          A tie is standard on Women Police Officers uniform in the UK isn't it?
                                                                                          Probably some other mainstream jobs well but can't think of any.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                  Castle Rock, ep 7, the latest one, is up there with one of the best hours of tv definitely this year, reminded me of the character driven episodes on leftovers.

Amazeballs.
                                                                                                  it was brilliant.
                                                                                                  slightly surprised they went that route as
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  it's starting to smell a little dark tower-y with
                                                                                                  red kings, time travel, loops and telepathy
                                                                                                  and alan pangborn is a stephen king mainstay, wasn't expecting him to fall at all.
                                                                                                  For another dark tower reference, I'm thinking that the town is near a rift (or a thinny) exaplining the assorted madness and the "sound"
                                                                                                  It was fantastic tv. and I dont think I've seen dementia played so well in the past.
                                                                                                  her choosing to stay in the memory at the end was pretty poignant
                                                                                                  It's interesting that the guy playing the Kid is also the guy playing IT. It would need to be pretty ballsy to link the two, but I see him more a Walking Dude than pennywise.

As a King fan, I'm loving this show.
                                                                                                  There are so many links to his work and themes, the concept of cancer is an interesting one. The kid was a cancer or tumour localised to shawshank and is now spreading throughout the town.
                                                                                                  Pet Semetary is hinted at quite a bit.
                                                                                                  Ruth is a Timewalker like Henrys son gam
                                                                                                  Odin (deaf dude in the woods) is potentially henry's real father?
                                                                                                  Which makes Henry Thor anbd the Kid Loki

Last edited by DeadParrot; 27-08-18, 09:13.

Comment

Classy guy.

Comment

Pavan absolutely crushed the back 9. Padraig was in a winning position, and just had to not do much wrong.

Except Pavan decided he was going to win, and won it well.

Was gutted for Padraig but it really was great golf that won it and you have to be happy to see that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                        Pavan absolutely crushed the back 9. Padraig was in a winning position, and just had to not do much wrong.

Except Pavan decided he was going to win, and won it well.

Was gutted for Padraig but it really was great golf that won it and you have to be happy to see that too.
                                                                                                        Totally agree. POD missing a lot to the right with his putts. Nearly aced one too.

But sure feck it , world ranking points etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                          Totally agree. POD missing a lot to the right with his putts. Nearly aced one too.

But sure feck it , world ranking points etc etc
                                                                                                          He's going out-to-in a lot with the putter, so ending up sliding the ball across the face.

Probably a sign he's too biased with his left wrist (he does left below right), so isn't following through straight. It's frustrating as it's something I suffer from a lot too with putts within 5-6 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                            He's going out-to-in a lot with the putter, so ending up sliding the ball across the face.

Probably a sign he's too biased with his left wrist (he does left below right), so isn't following through straight. It's frustrating as it's something I suffer from a lot too with putts within 5-6 feet.
                                                                                                            If you are struggling with short putts give the claw grip that Justin Rose uses a try. Has been a gamechanger for me and down to my lowest handicap ever now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post

Classy guy.
                                                                                                              funny guy too

Comment

What you lot make of the Ryder cup this year. I know some in here don't like it but i always have. The players do be all in too.

US have 3 picks at the end of this week and one more after next week.

Woods, Phil , Bryson are bankers.

Finau hot fav for the last spot.
                                                                                                                Zach my outsider if he goes experience. But there are no rookies in the US team bar Justin T and Bryson which is unreal.

It would be Europe's best victory if they got it done. That states team is incredible.

Bjorn picks after this week.

Poulter Stenson Casey and Pieters for me.
                                                                                                                But they say he's going Sergio. I'd drop him. They dropped him in 2010 and it was grand. He's been muck all year bar France of course why he's still being regarded.

Also reading Casey in trouble and he should play Denmark instead of Boston(Which he won't and nor should he). I'd take him all day. Serious Match player too and good ryder record. He's 20th in the fedex cup. Doesn't like closing tournies but loves burying people in Matchplay.
                                                                                                                Some people calling for Stenson's head. 1st in GIR in the states and 2'd in fairways hit is perfect for Rose and Foursomes.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                  If you are struggling with short putts give the claw grip that Justin Rose uses a try. Has been a gamechanger for me and down to my lowest handicap ever now.
                                                                                                                  Would need to change my putter for that to work to a very heavy one so I'll have to see. That grip has the putter doing all of the work.

Comment

Woods, Phil , Bryson are bankers.
                                                                                                                    Certainly bankers considering he picked them yesterday evening

Comment

It has been well established that the Apple cofounder Steve Jobs often acted like a jerk. The new anecdotes add color to the many stories of how Jobs was mean or rude to employees and business partners. The net effect is that Jobs looks like a truly terrible person.

Steve Jobs daughter is releasing her memoir, he comes across poor in his own book but excerpts for her book make it that bit worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                        Certainly bankers considering he picked them yesterday evening
                                                                                                                        No. He didn't.

Comment

Dave Chapelle coming to Dublin

Succession is a good watch. They are all cunts and somehow it works and is quite funny at times.

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X