Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Ole ole ole Ireland 32 Italy 12 latest.
    36-12 result. Italy were -14.5 on the cap pre-match

Comment

LET'S DO THIS
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        He was born in Dublin.so he’s a dub,not irish
        My youngest was born in Dublin but tells everyone that she is Scottish

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
          My youngest was born in Dublin but tells everyone that she is Scottish
          Pretty standard. My kids were born in Dublin and say they're French, although they'll cheer on Ireland in the rugby the little feckers.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Maybe he was just on the pro-democracy side. Maybe he was just a dumbass 17-year-old who got caught up in something he shouldn't have been caught up in.
              Maybe or maybe he was radicalised by his father the leader of Ireland's largest Mosque who despite living here for 20 years has refused to learn conversational English, had been criticised by other Muslim leaders for not doing enough to stop radicalisation in ireland, has been quoted as saying he lives under Sharia law, has called homosexuality sinful, persists with making his daughters were oppressive head wear and clothing. Or maybe you are right.

Comment

Just finished the 120th and final reading exercise on ReadingEggs a program (an excellent one, I'd highly recommend) for teaching your kid how to read. Had to do it as they don't learn reading here until quite late and obv she wouldn't be learning to read in English.

120 exercises = about 1 in every 2 evenings for the last seven or eight months spent on this thing! The last 40 or so exercises were about an hour long. I can easily say that teaching kids anything is the most painful thing in the world, even if both me and her feel rather proud of our achievement today.

Am treating the whole thing a bit like a game of Civilisation. We've now unlocked reading. Maths is next. Then the two combined will enable us to unlock basic coding using MIT Scratch. Can't quite remember the full Civilisation learning path, but I'm fairly certain, all going well, that we'll be at nuclear fusion by about the age of eight.

If you could just get her a copy of the Young Lady's Illustrated Primer from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diamond_Age
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  I personally guarantee that anyone who listens to this from start to finish Sunday morning can't fail to have an amazing Sunday...

Sergei Prokofiev - Battle On The Ice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyDKezDLGTM
                  Sounded like a mishmash of old movie scores , still though it's quite stirring . 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    LET'S DO THIS
                    good luck, don't forget the vasoline (im too late ain't I)

Comment

If anyone wants to visit a place like the third world just visit Rosvadov. The place is fecking crazy.
                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Terrible stoppage by the ref considering how the fight was going and what went on previously. The big heart shown by Takam.

...Yeah, definitely a bad decision, shouldn't have been stopped at all...Takem deserved to hear the final bell imo...
                        ...Think 2018 will be an interesting year for him, he'll definitely fight either White or Wilder, possibly both...

Comment

Lazare just passed me outside Bushy Park, more than 17 miles in and looking in very fine fettle, big smile! These people are legends

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                            Lazare just passed me outside Bushy Park, more than 17 miles in and looking in very fine fettle, big smile! These people are legends
                            He needs a reverse split, running the second half faster than the first, to break 4 hours.
                            Looks like he's on track for it but it's going to be a hell of a tough finish.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Took me a while to connect the dots with Laz's post. When did the race move to the Sunday?
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

3:58:08
                                Spot on target time

Congratulations Conor, incredible achievement.

Comment

Great stuff Laz, enjoy the buzz.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Spot on target time

Great time considering where the fitness was a few years back.

Also, Dub13, occasionally of these parts, ran it in 3:38 today, just missing his 3:30 target. Still a great time though.

Comment

Lazare only got under the 4 hours cause I prayed for him to do so at mass this morning.

I bet he's the type to walk around all day wearing his medal.

GFYL.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-10-17, 14:02.

Comment

How do you find out where someone finished in the marathon?
                                              They all finished in the same place. You're welcome.

Comment

***Gone***
                                                Last edited by NuckChorris; 29-10-17, 18:41.

Comment

LET'S DO THIS
                                                  Targeted 3:58:xx

Romped it, 3:58:08.

So happy right now.

Last 3 miles were sadistic though, took absolutely everything out of me.

Comment

Spot on target time

Can't believe sp stole Lazare's thanks

Comment

Spot on target time

Cheers Tony. On the high of my life right now.

Comment

Congrats to Lazare.

Got to feel for Gary O'Hanlon on having the national title taken from him by a Kenyan.

Comment

V good Kilkenny county final on tg4 the borough 2-4 v the village 1-5 after 14 mins

Comment

V good Kilkenny county final on tg4 the borough 2-4 v the village 1-5 after 14 mins
                                                            Bbved the match. One way traffic since I posted this

Comment

3-10 3-5 now. Cracker

Comment

Louis CK does a Woody Allen

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Lucien Freud exhibition at the IMMA is well worth a visit. Free in til the 5th of Nov (need to book online though)

Comment

Great running lazare. Well done. Sorry I wasn't in Dublin to give you a shout out. First one I missed in years.

Comment

Targeted 3:58:xx

Romped it, 3:58:08.

So happy right now.

Last 3 miles were sadistic though, took absolutely everything out of me.
                                                                      Fair play man, excellent effort - especially considering it was your first time doing one! I finally got my first sub4 (3.58.02) at the third time of asking - delighted with it.

Were you running with the 4 hour pacers? Good chance we were stepping on each other's heels if you were!

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                        Got to feel for Gary O'Hanlon on having the national title taken from him by a Kenyan.
                                                                        He wasn't mugged.
                                                                        Surprising that Gary wouldn't know the rules even more surprising that he'd be having a moan about it afterwards especially given that the Raheny Shamrocks runner finished three minutes ahead of him.

Comment

Lazare only got under the 4 hours cause I prayed for him to do so at mass this morning.

I bet he's the type to walk around all day wearing his medal.

GFYL.
                                                                          Still have it on in the taxi. Might get Sonjay to beep at traffic so I can hold it up.

GFYK

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                            Fair play man, excellent effort - especially considering it was your first time doing one! I finally got my first sub4 (3.58.02) at the third time of asking - delighted with it.

Were you running with the 4 hour pacers? Good chance we were stepping on each other's heels if you were!
                                                                            I started off v conservative, the 4hr guys were gone in the distance. The 4:10 pacers passed me at Kevin st and were ahead of me until about mile 7. I then picked it up and finally overtook the 4hr guys at the KCR.

I gained about 400m on them until Roebuck. I died around there. The most the legs had suffered was 20 miles, and I was grand until about 22.5, still cheering and high fiving kids, but I hit a wall at Clonskeagh. They caught me going up heartbreak, then I lost them going down Fosters.

At the end of Nutley Lane they were on my back and my left leg went. Agony. Just seized up, I thought that was it, game over, but I hopped and screamed for about 50m then the pain went, was able to run it out.

I then ran with the 4hr guys in a world of pain until the last km. Let loose then, found something in me and ran the last 800m or so at 10k pace.

What a day.

Comment

Never even said congrats to you Carlo.

Well done man.

Comment

I flew over yiz all about 11:45. Garda chopper was out the left window over the north side so not sure where the runners were at that stage.

Comment

Little brother did his first one in 3.28 today with a half arsed prep. I always harboured ambitions of doing one at some stage but the realisation that there is zero chance of me ever beating that time has put an end to any delusions I had of doing one. Fair play lads.
                                                                                  Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 29-10-17, 18:56.

Comment

First arrests due by the Mueller team tomorrow, with the likely targets being Mannafort and Flynn. Trump firing out a stream of "look, over there!" tweets.

I think he'll end up firing Mueller. If he does that, it will provoke a constitutional crisis. Then we'll see if any of the GOP have any moral fibre remaining (Corker and Flake excepted).

Easiest way out is for Trump to issue himself a pardon.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      First arrests due by the Mueller team tomorrow, with the likely targets being Mannafort and Flynn. Trump firing out a stream of "look, over there!" tweets.

I think he'll end up firing Mueller. If he does that, it will provoke a constitutional crisis. Then we'll see if any of the GOP have any moral fibre remaining (Corker and Flake excepted).

Easiest way out is for Trump to issue himself a pardon.
                                                                                      Cant pardon state charges according to my missus, so if some are pardoned then they just file them in the state it happened and same result.

Coincidentally i am expecting to find out this week if I get my 10 year greencard to the US or not. right now they have processed applications up until July 19th 2016, my application was in on the 24th.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

* not a bank holiday as weirdo france has bank holidays on the actual day they naturally occur - in this case Wednesday
                                                                                            Same as Malta, so if it falls on a Saturday then it's adios bank holiday!

Comment

Lots of joy amongst the handful of theatre people I know at ex-gate director Micheal Cólgan being outed as a Weinstein-lite sex-pest.

Michael Colgan, who this year stepped down as artistic director of the Gate Theatre in Dublin, has been accused by three women of making inappropriate comments

Been described to me as 'a day of complete joy'.

I don't think its going to develop into a rapey-rapey story but it's likely to put an end to his expected happy retirement of dinners with the president and invites to the best premieres.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                Lots of joy amongst the handful of theatre people I know at ex-gate director Micheal Cólgan being outed as a Weinstein-lite sex-pest.

Michael Colgan, who this year stepped down as artistic director of the Gate Theatre in Dublin, has been accused by three women of making inappropriate comments

Been described to me as 'a day of complete joy'.

I don't think its going to develop into a rapey-rapey story but it's likely to put an end to his expected happy retirement of dinners with the president and invites to the best premieres.
                                                                                                'being outed' or 'being alleged'?

he might be guilty, he might not - we don't know

Comment

Already seeing snaps from people I'm meeting later wearing Trump costumes. Lazy bastards. Probably expecting me to turn up in the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    'being outed' or 'being alleged'?

he might be guilty, he might not - we don't know
                                                                                                    Well there nothing actually criminal being alleged so 'guilt' is maybe the wrong word. I'm guessing the Times and Mail-on-Sunday believe the story holds up somewhat, but interesting to see how it plays out alright.

Comment

...

Comment

He wasn't mugged.
                                                                                                        Surprising that Gary wouldn't know the rules even more surprising that he'd be having a moan about it afterwards especially given that the Raheny Shamrocks runner finished three minutes ahead of him.
                                                                                                        I don't think it's a case that he doesn't know the rules.
                                                                                                        I think he's point is that that despite what the rule might be, the Kenyan isn't Irish.

Comment

Good morning Conor , how are your feet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                            Good morning Conor , how are your feet ?
                                                                                                            Morning Willie, feet are grand actually, no issues there.

My quads are in ribbons though. Hobbled over to the spar there to grab a coffee, took about 30 seconds to cross the road.

The head is still buzzing though, even after a feed of beer last night.

Comment

Want. Want bad.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Just reading on it there. Can kinda see where Gary is coming from, especially as he thought he had won the Irish version of the race and then just found out after 'winning'. He probably just threw out the first thoughts that came into his head. But then again the Kenyan guy has been living in Ireland for six months in a row before the race so that seems like punishment enough to deserve the win.
                                                                                                                    The guy did all his training in Kenya, he lived in Ireland for 6 months somewhere in the last 2 years. I wonder what visa he was on? Definitely not an Irish citizen anyway.

Comment

oh dear Donald. Michael Moore response is quite savage.
                                                                                                                      Nice comeback poor Donald

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post

Good morning Carlop, how are your feet ?

Comment

Just reading on it there. Can kinda see where Gary is coming from, especially as he thought he had won the Irish version of the race and then just found out after 'winning'. He probably just threw out the first thoughts that came into his head. But then again the Kenyan guy has been living in Ireland for six months in a row before the race so that seems like punishment enough to deserve the win.
                                                                                                                          He needs to move up levels and stop cribbing about the booby prize.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X