Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Frampton doing a lot of leading with his head, cut the other lad up with it, leaving himself open to the uppercut though.

Far better off at range
    ...Yeah, he is leaving himself open to the uppercut all fight, defintely should keep distance... one round to go, just avoid knockout...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      I've been meaning to ask you about this for quite a while. I'm almost certain you said you were lactose intolerant since you were a kid. Just not getting how moving to France has changed that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNZrveT46fw
      Lots of real mature cheese have little or no lactose due to how they are made and mature

Comment

Lots of real mature cheese have little or no lactose due to how they are made and mature
        Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise (cunts use cream powder (contains MILK) that isn't in the full fat version) on a sandwich is enough to set my gut off. No way I'd gamble with cheese.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Charlie Brookers Cunk on Britain is very good. Its a wee bit stretched and is basically a solo role for (the excellent) Diane Morgan so probably can't be watched back to back. Ep a week is perfect.

Comment

Dave Allen drama.
            At least 20 minutes short, they set up the story and didn't tell it, last 10-15 minutes was good!
            Really liked it, thought it was one of the better things that (the usually terrible) Aiden Gillen has done.
            Only copped at the credits that Conleth Hill had played his brother for their 10 minute duologue (that a word?) in the hospital. Seemed to bounce off each other as well as they did 5 years ago as Littlefinger & Varys.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
              Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise (cunts use cream powder (contains MILK) that isn't in the full fat version) on a sandwich is enough to set my gut off. No way I'd gamble with cheese.
              I use aldi lighter than light or whatever its a called 79 cents lol hellmans nearly 4 quid . Nuts.
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  Was at the Aviva library today. I know I say it a lot but my god it's such a poor base of supporters they have. It's so bad they were blasting Welsh songs out before the match to rouse the away support. Stadium was half empty by full time. The team deserve much better than that.
                  Tell us something you like about rugby. I find it bizarre that you manage to post so much negative shite about the game. Would you not just give up on it and stick to supporting AC Milan or whoever is especially not in vogue these days?

Try not to desperately stand out from the crowd so much, there is nothing wrong with sharing opinions with other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Tell us something you like about rugby. I find it bizarre that you manage to post so much negative shite about the game. Would you not just give up on it and stick to supporting AC Milan or whoever is especially not in vogue these days?

Try not to desperately stand out from the crowd so much, there is nothing wrong with sharing opinions with other people.
                    Well I get plenty of free tickets for them and a lot of my friends would be big into them so go as much for social reasons. I don't hate the sport, Leinster are particularly entertaining to watch right now, just find the core of their support the most meek in sport.

And I supported Milan from a time the league was very much in "vogue" and the best in Europe.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

I mean where is everyone in a hurry to on a sunny Sat afternoon when they can't stay to give their side who've made a fecking major European final a deserved ovation? There was probably more fans in surrounding pubs by 80mins than in the stadium.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          I mean where is everyone in a hurry to on a sunny Sat afternoon when they can't stay to give their side who've made a fecking major European final a deserved ovation? There was probably more fans in surrounding pubs by 80mins than in the stadium.
                          Saw it last year in Munsters hammering by Saracens the so called best fans in the world were streaming out. Munster were just totally out muscles outplayed that day they gave a huge effort. My mate got me the ticket and said with 12 mins left let’s go I said it’s disrespectful and Munster got a late consolation try which got a huge cheer. Really looking forward to tiday Nakarawa the Fiji second row is a phenomenal athlete and Dan Carter on the bench with Joe Rockoco can swing it for Racing. Will be very hard for Munster to get as lucky as they did v Toulon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                            Saw it last year in Munsters hammering by Saracens the so called best fans in the world were streaming out. Munster were just totally out muscles outplayed that day they gave a huge effort. My mate got me the ticket and said with 12 mins left let’s go I said it’s disrespectful and Munster got a late consolation try which got a huge cheer. Really looking forward to tiday Nakarawa the Fiji second row is a phenomenal athlete and Dan Carter on the bench with Joe Rockoco can swing it for Racing. Will be very hard for Munster to get as lucky as they did v Toulon.
                            I think Munster will do it. Irish rugby is heads and shoulders above all other European countries at present.

Get the pace up high, keep it there and Racing will be gassed by the time cokehead is introduced.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                              I left at 76 mins as I was in a hurry to get home and beat the foot and car traffic from where I was sat and parked. I figure it saved me at least 45 mins as I was sat in Upper East row KK. Solid trade off imo. No apologies for it.
                              It always puzzles me which Sitch chooses to spend some of his precious leisure time amongst people he clearly detests.

Comment

Setting up for an exciting finish to the London marathon.

Mo Farah up with Kipchoge at the moment thru 25k.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

On BBC if anyone's interested

Comment

Actually, he looks bollixed now.

Comment

I left at 76 mins as I was in a hurry to get home and beat the foot and car traffic from where I was sat and parked. I figure it saved me at least 45 mins as I was sat in Upper East row KK. Solid trade off imo. No apologies for it.
                                      The upper of the upper stands take a very long time to clear so can understand that.

Comment

Sunday Times rugby corr:

it is clear that the Aviva Stadium is far more noisy and passionate when Leinster are playing than it is when Ireland are playing

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          Sunday Times rugby corr:
                                          Was she the one on the drums or the fiddle?

Comment

Sunday Times rugby corr:
                                            Sample size.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              Quality of drugs not the same since they locked up his dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                Sample size.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  He's cooked, and has slowed right down, but will pick it up no doubt in the last 5.

Comment

If Offaly were in an All Ireland semi at Croker and killing it against Tipp would you do the same or would you remain there to lap up the celebrations and congratulate the players?

I'm not sure if it's a consequence of expectancy with Leinster, or the fact they've done it all before, or that they don't have much of a long history but I find the majority have a similar disconnect from the side, where they go have a nice time but it doesn't stir their emotions too strongly.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Sitch in Bilbao.

Comment

If you have a long connection in an airport (overnight) but it's a connecting flight on the same booking, can you leave the airport?

Comment

Sunday Times Behaviour & Attitudes poll Yes 47% (down two), No 29% (up two). Undecided 24%.

Cements the drop for repeal from the other poll this week.

Weirdly this poll was conducted over 12 days (as far back as April 5th) with sample size of 928. Wonder what the logic is of such a long sampling period. Would imagine the shift is more pronounced as the campaign goes on.

Comment

Vote yes you cunce.
                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                              If you have a long connection in an airport (overnight) but it's a connecting flight on the same booking, can you leave the airport?
                                                              ...I was flying home from Canada 3 years ago, obviously an overnight flight.. we had to come back after 2 hours due to an emergency...A couple left the airport to go for a smoke...Since it was midnight there was no security to do the security check, so they were refused entry back in...So be extremely careful to make sure there is someone to do the security checks back in if it's overnight...

Comment

Yes. Do you have/need a visa for the country you are transiting through?

In general your bags are checked so leaving is fine. I’ve done this plenty of times. Try and get both boarding passes either online or before you leave the airpor. No big deal if you don’t, just makes it handier.

If not just rock up to desk like regular punter when you get back.
                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Pretty sure if your bags are checked through to the final destination, no, you can't leave the airport. Unless you go get your checked bags if possible. If you don't have any checked baggage, then I think you should be alright.

Comment

Sitch has a point. The fact that he as a pretty casual and under motivated fan can easily get a ticket is part of it. But it’s a simple trade off imo. We could have club teams struggling to compete or a provincial arrangement that is a little less engaged with fans but has a greater chance of success.

At the end of the day Leinster (and the other Irish provinces) are professional sports entertainment franchises maximizing their earnings and if that dilutes the ultra fan base so be it.

It’s nothing like GAA fans who are born into their club and county and for most counties only have a decent run once per decade. Rugby is in the entertainment business and that means encouraging casual fans to show up and buy the merchandise.

I never bitch and moan about folk not watching the game, getting up for pints during the match, wearing all the gear and not knowing the players names. If they didn’t spend their dough Irish rugby would be fucked.
                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Swedish Democrats polling first among 18-34 years old ahead of the Swedish general election in September. Probably won't win the election this time but Sweden could be in a for a huge ideological change in the next few years.

Comment

I was parked on Anglsea road near the rds entrance and met a few people on the way out so it was about 40 minutes after the whistle that I got back to the car. Took at least 25 minutes to make it to the N11.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Rugby plays perfectly into Ireland's event junkie culture!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                            It’s nothing like GAA fans who are born into their club and county and for most counties only have a decent run once per decade.
                                                                            And there is no one like the GAA fan for leaving a losing game 5 minutes after half time... its a kind of art form for them

Also a decent run once a decade... in my our dreams
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sitch has a point. The fact that he as a pretty casual and under motivated fan can easily get a ticket is part of it. But it’s a simple trade off imo. We could have club teams struggling to compete or a provincial arrangement that is a little less engaged with fans but has a greater chance of success.

At the end of the day Leinster (and the other Irish provinces) are professional sports entertainment franchises maximizing their earnings and if that dilutes the ultra fan base so be it.

It’s nothing like GAA fans who are born into their club and county and for most counties only have a decent run once per decade. Rugby is in the entertainment business and that means encouraging casual fans to show up and buy the merchandise.

I never bitch and moan about folk not watching the game, getting up for pints during the match, wearing all the gear and not knowing the players names. If they didn’t spend their dough Irish rugby would be fucked.
                                                                              I fully agree, and fair play - as a massively committed rugby fan - for calling a spade a spade on the matter. To compete with the French clubs, that ticket revenue is vital. Leinster have come a tremendously long long way in two decades in terms of building a base of interest in the province. They market aggressively and have been hugely successful in terms of building a base of interest and support. Whether that interest or support are going to win any awards as 'best fans ever' is absolutely irrelevant.

For the two years before Foley died Thomand Park hadn't been sold out and was becoming increasingly empty too don't forget. This is professional sport - win, entertain while winning and you'll fill your stadium. Not everyone in that full stadium will be paying their full attention. This is the world we live in.
                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Munster will either eke out a super tight win by the seat of their pants or get absolutely smashed imo. If they go more than 7 points behind in the first 20 minutes watch out.
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I'll tell what isn't good for the fans and increasing the amount of fans is BT Sport and spreading your coverage across two premium sports stations.

Comment

Decent start from racing

Comment

Keatley needs to just settle down and keep it simple for a bit. Munster need to weather the storm and build into this.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Keatley having a nightmare so far.

Comment

That could be that already.

Comment

Ugh, awful defending for that 2nd try.

Comment

Missing tackles all over the park. Could be 50

Comment

Gah. This is painful. I hope Munster can get something before half time or it’s going to be really ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                  Missing tackles all over the park. Could be 50
                                                                                                  I wonder did that SA trip mess them up? Munster usually wouldn't miss this many tackles in three months.

Comment

Munster showing no heart at all, so many missed tackles.

Comment

This is great.

No doubt munster will fight back in the second half

Comment

Taking Conway off the wing looks an awful decision.

Comment

I'll tell what isn't good for the fans and increasing the amount of fans is BT Sport and spreading your coverage across two premium sports stations.
                                                                                                          That’s why they are bringing back in some FTA broadcasting and switching to a single premium sports station. Also things like developing the game in the states etc will all help increase the general interest. What the game look like after 40 or 50 years of professionalism will be interesting but nobody gets it all right straight away.

Comment

I wonder did that SA trip mess them up? Munster usually wouldn't miss this many tackles in three months.
                                                                                                            No excuse for missing tackles from pro players. Too mNy average players in a side if it wants to get to a final of a champions cup. Keatley the front and second rows the centers are weak. Good backrow excellent 9 and a good back 3.

Comment

24-10 would be a workable h-t score....

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                No excuse for missing tackles from pro players. Too mNy average players in a side if it wants to get to a final of a champions cup. Keatley the front and second rows the centers are weak. Good backrow excellent 9 and a good back 3.
                                                                                                                Sadly, this is true.

Only Murray, O'Mahony and Stander are genuinely international class.

Comment

You can’t win a European Cup with such a sub standard out half (game though he is). 10 minutes plus of solid possession with nothing to show for it.

Comment

That’s why they are bringing back in some FTA broadcasting and switching to a single premium sports station. Also things like developing the game in the states etc will all help increase the general interest. What the game look like after 40 or 50 years of professionalism will be interesting but nobody gets it all right straight away.
                                                                                                                    Whats the future TV plan, where will the games be shown and from when? I wasn't aware it had changed. Good news if it has.

Comment

BOD keeps saying that he thinks Munster are 2 to 3 years behind Leinster in their development and it’s looking like it today. Racing are getting the tries that Toulon failed to in the qtr final. Keatley having a few brain farts and the defence being a little slow to get to the pitch of it doesn’t help either. Very much like Clermont v Leinster last year.

Comment

BOD keeps saying that he thinks Munster are 2 to 3 years behind Leinster in their development and it’s looking like it today. Racing are getting the tries that Toulon failed to in the qtr final. Keatley having a few brain farts and the defence being a little slow to get to the pitch of it doesn’t help either. Very much like Clermont v Leinster last year.
                                                                                                                        I think Leinster had the beating of Clermont last year but were caught early rather then been outclassed which is what is happening to Munster today.

Comment

Whats the future TV plan, where will the games be shown and from when? I wasn't aware it had changed. Good news if it has.
                                                                                                                          There’s something about your default tone of everything being fake news unless you are personally aware of it that grinds my gears a bit Jack.

Here you go doubting Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X