NL Omaha hand - How'd I play it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NL Omaha hand - How'd I play it?

I've been playing a few NL Omaha or PL Omaha tournaments on Stars recently, with reasonable success (particularly in the NLO as the standard seems poor). I was knocked out of a tournament last night and was wondering if I played it ok; I've a feeling I wasn't too far out of line but maybe someone can let me know of any flaws in my play / thinking:

$20 + $2 NL Omaha freezeout - 3,000 starting stack, slow structure

Blinds were 200 / 400 / 25

Average stacks were 5,000 approximately.

Hero (BB) had 9,500
    Villian (UTG) had 11,000

A number of players limped (including the UTG Villian) and I checked my option in the BB, holding 4x 6x As Qx. (pot approximately 1,600)

The board was 3s 5x 7s, giving me the nut straight.

I bet out 1,000, UTG raised to 2,500, UTG+1 flat called this. (pot approximately 7,500)

As earlier mentioned, in general (I've played this tournament a good few times) players are quite poor and probably too loose (I'm in this category as well!); that said, I considered that since I have the As my hand was much stronger than simply the nut straight, as I knew I wasn't up against the nut flush draw and therefore any other flush draws out there should be worried about this.

So I decide to push my remaining 8,000 in, hoping that both would fold - even at the time I was unsure whether this was the correct thing to do, with two players left to call my all-in and them getting 2:1 on the call. What do you think? If I didnt have the As in my hand I probably flat call and re-assess on the turn - would this have been the correct move, or should I still shove, or even fold?

I shove all of the time and can't see a reason not. If you were deeper you could rep the nut flush if it came later in the hand but you have nuts already so no need to wait and turn your hand into a bluff anyway.

EDIT:
    Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
    or even fold?
    I hope you would never fold the nuts. FTW...
    Last edited by Caf; 10-06-10, 19:11.

Comment

Never folding this especially in a tournament

Comment

I think the shove is right as there's very few cards on the turn that you can be sure are safe. Any pair to the board, 4,6,8,9 or spade could also kill your hand. The fact that it;s been raised to 2500 is a very good thing for you as if both flatted the 1k and any of the above come on the turn what do you do OOP??

Obv danger is someone with same straight with a baby flush draw, but you can't dodge him. Ship and be glad to take ~4% off the flush drawer's odds by holding the As. The fact that it's the Ace wouldn't scare these guys as they'll just assume that as you led the pot you're not just drawing to nut flush (although it could be your back hand).

Have also found these games, and pretty much all $10-$30 Omaha/Omaha Hi-Lo MTTs to be huge value on Stars.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post

Have also found these games, and pretty much all $10-$30 Omaha/Omaha Hi-Lo MTTs to be huge value on Stars.
          Agree with this although Full Ring PLO is Zzzzzzzz...I wish for more 6max tourneys

Comment

Working...
          X