No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone think City are waaaay too short v Liverpool. Any other bet seems to be a bit of value, draw 16/5, Pool 18/5 or Pool DNB 9/4.

City rightly should be favourites given they haven't conceded much a at all at home and have been scoring goals for fun but Zabaleta is still out, Clichy on his wrong side and a confidence sapped Hart said to start in goals not to mention Aguero out up front. Suarez will likely find ways to target Dimichelis and Clichy as the weak links.

City conceded 3 v Arsenal last week and they didn't have the most in form striker in world football.

Granted Liverpool at the back are worryingly short of talent but Id have enough faith in Rogers to think that if his defending personnel can't hack it that his tactics will give them some joy.

Like to hear others thoughts on this?
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Anyone think City are waaaay too short v Liverpool. Any other bet seems to be a bit of value, draw 16/5, Pool 18/5 or Pool DNB 9/4.

City rightly should be favourites given they haven't conceded much a at all at home and have been scoring goals for fun but Zabaleta is still out, Clichy on his wrong side and a confidence sapped Hart said to start in goals not to mention Aguero out up front. Suarez will likely find ways to target Dimichelis and Clichy as the weak links.

City conceded 3 v Arsenal last week and they didn't have the most in form striker in world football.

Granted Liverpool at the back are worryingly short of talent but Id have enough faith in Rogers to think that if his defending personnel can't hack it that his tactics will give them some joy.

Like to hear others thoughts on this?
      City are going to destroy them on their way to the title. This City team is the rw deal, Aguerö or not

Comment

City win and over 3.5 for me to ease the pain (maybe) 12/5

Comment

Everton ht\ft and spurs ht\ft double 4/1. For those looking for a bigger price maybe include Chelsea ht/ft at 8/1 (all betfair multiples). I'm a massive Liverpool fan but I think city will hockey us today (6/4 city ht/ft). Have a great St Stephens day friends.
          Real laptop chargers for €35 inc courier www.realchargers.ie
          Nationwide repairs inc courier iPhone 5 screen replacement €120 iPhone 4(S) €80 www.itrepairs.ie
          Last edited by accomputers.ie; 26-12-13, 10:03. Reason: Add detail

Comment

City to win and both teams to score at 9/4 is a Power Play special with PP
            Last edited by Jam-Fly; 26-12-13, 14:53.
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Watching the Arsenal game here and it's showing all the goals/decisions (e.g red card for Howard and the subsequent penalty live). Great stuff

Comment

Suarez anytime 6/4 in PP shop. Was tempting but stuck to original plan of backing City at 5/6. They may be an inferior team without Aguero and to a much lesser extent Zabaleta but I think the price is pretty generous.

Comment

Quick one guys. I never do MOM bets but my father in law is around for the day and asked me to do one for him earlier on my account. I put 20 on Carrick for him and assumed it would be void considering he only came on towards the end. Turns out I lost the score and it's marked down as a losing bet with Boyles. Is this normal ?

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                    Quick one guys. I never do MOM bets but my father in law is around for the day and asked me to do one for him earlier on my account. I put 20 on Carrick for him and assumed it would be void considering he only came on towards the end. Turns out I lost the score and it's marked down as a losing bet with Boyles. Is this normal ?
                    If he played some part then yes, your money is gone

Comment

May as well curse myself here.

Going to pub with all the inlaw Liverpool fans here in the sticks.

Have lost the plot on PP & completely loaded up on City (feeling a bit durty as a Utd fan)

City win
                      City -1
                      City -2
                      City HT/FT
                      City to win to nil
                      Negredo 1st/anytime.

Tank emptied. Heineken time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        May as well curse myself here.

Going to pub with all the inlaw Liverpool fans here in the sticks.

Have lost the plot on PP & completely loaded up on City (feeling a bit durty as a Utd fan)

City win
                        City -1
                        City -2
                        City HT/FT
                        City to win to nil
                        Negredo 1st/anytime.

Tank emptied. Heineken time.
                        If Liverpool score in the first 10 mins, start on the shorts straight away!

Comment

Have city -1and 5-3 city
                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Demichelis doesn't start, Zabaletta is back and Cissokko is in for Liverpool. Bad news all round.

Comment

If anyone has a stream can they post it. Thanks
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

City 5-2 Liverpool

you heard it here first
                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                    City 5-2 Liverpool

you heard it here first
                                    I have taken a bit of that too. Still 80/1.

Comment

Going to have a treble on the time of 1st team goals again today.

Norwich before 72.00 5/6
                                      Swansea before 55.00 5/6
                                      Luton before 42.00 5/6

Really liking Norwich, tempted with a decent single.

Comment

Did a shedload of Championship bets to ease the boredom down here in the sticks.

Then discovered they're not on today

Cabin Fever setting in .....

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                          Going to have a treble on the time of 1st team goals again today.

Norwich before 72.00 5/6
                                          Swansea before 55.00 5/6
                                          Luton before 42.00 5/6

Really liking Norwich, tempted with a decent single.
                                          Sweating Norwich here, really should have been up already.

Comment

Sweating Norwich here, really should have been up already.
                                            yeah amazing they haven't scored yet!

good luck with it mate

Comment

Comment

I'm taking Newcastle and everton singles and Newcastle everton city treble.
                                                airport, lol

Comment

leroy fer 11/2 anytime gs

Comment

taking a bit of hull at 10s. liverpool had 2 tough games and are there to be beaten. if hull good enough not sure. but price is value.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                      taking a bit of hull at 10s. liverpool had 2 tough games and are there to be beaten. if hull good enough not sure. but price is value.
                                                      Nevermind Hull, Arsenal are playing terrible so 14/1 on Cardiff seems generous!

Comment

Swansea to beat Utd has to be a bet today, no Rooney or RVP was well flagged but that tool Buttner is playing as well

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                          Swansea to beat Utd has to be a bet today, no Rooney or RVP was well flagged but that tool Buttner is playing as well
                                                          Had a small nibble on 6s earlier myself, 11/2 now
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Comment

United 3/4 vs Sunderland tonight, what are people's thoughts?

Surely United and Moyes won't want any more pressure and will be playing for a win tonight. As bad as United have been, surely beating Sunderland isn't too much to ask?
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Surely United and Moyes won't want any more pressure and will be playing for a win tonight. As bad as United have been, surely beating Sunderland isn't too much to ask?
                                                                Moneyback special with PP for the game

If Sunderland become the latest team to beat United tonight, we'll refund all losing First Goalscorer, Last Goalscorer, Correct Score & Scorecast singles on the match

Comment

Got on at EVS

Comment

Any thoughts on this?

Lamela to leave Spurs during January. No @ 8/13

We know he hasn't settled, but i just don't see Spurs, and Levy in particular letting their £30m record signing leave after less than 6 months. He needs time, but if they were to let him go, they'd need to at least wait til the summer to recoup anything near what they paid. I reckon he'll be there 2 seasons at least myself.

Would this include loans? I doubt he'll be loaned out, especially with Defoe now looking like he's heading to Toronto so they'll want to keep as many attacking options as they can.

Comment

Rooney confirmed out tomorrow. Swansea still 13/2 with Boyles.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                        Any thoughts on this?

Lamela to leave Spurs during January. No @ 8/13

We know he hasn't settled, but i just don't see Spurs, and Levy in particular letting their £30m record signing leave after less than 6 months. He needs time, but if they were to let him go, they'd need to at least wait til the summer to recoup anything near what they paid. I reckon he'll be there 2 seasons at least myself.

Would this include loans? I doubt he'll be loaned out, especially with Defoe now looking like he's heading to Toronto so they'll want to keep as many attacking options as they can.
                                                                        Has to be value imo, can't see a £30m player leaving just like that

Liked the look of Crystal Palace at 9/1 vs Tottenham, they've dropped to 8/1 since last night though. I think it's the exact type of game Holloway could pull of a 1-0 win
                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Has to be value imo, can't see a £30m player leaving just like that

Liked the look of Crystal Palace at 9/1 vs Tottenham, they've dropped to 8/1 since last night though. I think it's the exact type of game Holloway could pull of a 1-0 win

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

lol, I even made the typo of of instead of off

*Pulis
                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I like Middlesbrough away today, Blackpool have been brutal lately ,in saying this they'll probably win easy...
                                                                              https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Liverpool have been backed very short here. Of the teams similar quality or better than Liverpool who went to the Britanica this year Everton were 1.9, United 1.8, Chelsea 1.65, Liverpool are currently 1.52. They've a pretty horrible record at Stoke in the league too and have looked most vunerable defending against height this season of which Stoke have in abundance.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Small one On Newcastle +1 at17/5in running.
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    Liverpool have been backed very short here. Of the teams similar quality or better than Liverpool who went to the Britanica this year Everton were 1.9, United 1.8, Chelsea 1.65, Liverpool are currently 1.52. They've a pretty horrible record at Stoke in the league too and have looked most vunerable defending against height this season of which Stoke have in abundance.
                                                                                    Jack Butland in goal instead of Begovic
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                      Jack Butland in goal instead of Begovic
                                                                                      England international Jack Butland, honestly though it's not a major factor, he's a pretty capable no 2 imo. Liverpool are priced up like what you'd expect a potential title winner to be away to Stoke.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Galatasary 4/5 against Celtic in a "Cup Final" friendly. Gala have played a strong team against Ajax in the semi and I expect a strong team again today (4-30). Just waiting on line-up before i jump on the h-cap also.

Comment

Galatasary 4/5 against Celtic in a "Cup Final" friendly. Gala have played a strong team against Ajax in the semi and I expect a strong team again today (4-30). Just waiting on line-up before i jump on the h-cap also.
                                                                                          Muslera, Inan, Melo, Sneijder, Bruma, Semih Kaya, Chedjou, Burak Yilmaz, Riera, Balta, Drogba.

Zaluska; Herron, O'Connell, Fraser, Fisher; Forrest, Biton, Henderson, Boerrigter; Pukki, Balde

Gone to 4/7 on b365 but 8/11 on PP. Single on PP then when it kicks off ill be backing the -1 in running.... maybe -2 also

Had a bit of -2 at 5/1, couldnt resist.
                                                                                          Last edited by Percy007; 12-01-14, 16:35.

Comment

Fucking 0-0 ............. sigh

Comment

Milan about to make me cry
                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                Milan about to make me cry
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                2-0 and then the same kid scores all 4 goals. Wonder what price they were @ 2-0?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Just realised that in the youtube comment it says he scored a 'poker' loool
                                                                                                Last edited by Flushdraw; 13-01-14, 13:06.

Comment

Liverpool with a very attacking formation. Benteke anytime is 9/2 in places.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                    Liverpool with a very attacking formation. Benteke anytime is 9/2 in places.

Opr
                                                                                                    Nice shout

Comment

Think Spurs are too big at 29/20 against Swansea today

Comment

Think Spurs are too big at 29/20 against Swansea today
                                                                                                        Same, Swans have had a very tough last few games, with a few injuries thrown in.

Thinking, Spurs 4.4.2 will be easily circumvented by the swans mid 3.
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

You don't think the same

Comment

Spurs goal before 50.00 5/6
                                                                                                            Chelsea goal before 42.00 5/6
                                                                                                            Inter Milan before 43.00 5/6

Treble for today

Comment

Luiz to score anytime if he starts @ 7/1 for me today
                                                                                                              48

Comment

Spurs goal before 50.00 5/6
                                                                                                                Chelsea goal before 42.00 5/6
                                                                                                                Inter Milan before 43.00 5/6

Treble for today
                                                                                                                Inter should be three up already, lashing rain there now.
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Same, Swans have had a very tough last few games, with a few injuries thrown in.

Thinking, Spurs 4.4.2 will be easily circumvented by the swans mid 3.
                                                                                                                  Called it right!

Spurs would be mullered playing 442.

Sherwood >AVB.

Also, Matri having an impressive loan debut for fiorentina after spending half a season on the bench.
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                                    Luiz to score anytime if he starts @ 7/1 for me today
                                                                                                                    he is 13/1 with victor, around 11 on bf,

obviously as said if he starts, also if lamps start he will take penos.

there will big market changes as soon as lineups announced,

anyone know where the earliest place with accurate lineups?

Comment

Twitter in about five minutes!
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Twitter in about five minutes!
                                                                                                                        Yeah that what I used to use with google search clicking the Realtime option
                                                                                                                        however they have since disabled that feature

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                                          Yeah that what I used to use with google search clicking the Realtime option
                                                                                                                          however they have since disabled that feature
                                                                                                                          hmmm, either subscribe to each team you wish to follow, or download "the football app" which has a live fanzine Twitter feed, which usually has the info up very quickly.
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X