• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure bout water, price is just bout right

i ended up laying bohs at that price, twigg on bench for rovers
    overs in longf game at evens is nice
    on sligo 1.95 bf
    on fingal at 6/5 early week (was confident it would move)
    GAA News Website

Comment

bleh push . . .

nice result for galway holding fingal. some crazy last minute scoring happening in the sligo game! also nice to see dundalk getting a little form. Pats drop points. Game on for the league
      GAA News Website

Comment

Now that the Irish Open is over, I can now concentrate on contributing to and mining this thread.

Happy days.
        To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Waterford's Utd's run of wins could turn into a run of one draw on the trot against Monaghan this weekend.

WUFC are travelling up on the same day for the game, v tough game against a quickly improving Limerick last weekend, and Monaghan are also improving rapidly with a 6-1 hammering of Mervue last game fresh in their minds.

Still won't have enough to win and Waterford would be happy to take a point while waiting for George O Callaghan to get match fit.

Draw is 11/5 and the handicap draw WUFC -1 is 13/5.

Comment

agree RE waterford. will be laying 2.3 or lower if get the chance

laying shelbourne below 2.1

backed shamrock at evens already

looking to get 4/6 on longford before i touch them, price little too short

good word that galway are frantically scrambling to get a dispensation for a new keeper - bohs look a lock, although just too short to back at the min
            GAA News Website

Comment

fill your boots on bohs too. very short but still having a bit on myself
              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                fill your boots on bohs too. very short but still having a bit on myself
                boyles go 11/8 on bohs win and jason byrne to score anytime, not a bad bet, he also thats bohs penalties

Comment

could do with a few more goals pretty soon!
                  GAA News Website

Comment

lol keeper! he musta bn on galway
                    GAA News Website

Comment

You are on the ball this season semibluff.

Comment

agree RE waterford. will be laying 2.3 or lower if get the chance

laying shelbourne below 2.1

backed shamrock at evens already

looking to get 4/6 on longford before i touch them, price little too short

good word that galway are frantically scrambling to get a dispensation for a new keeper - bohs look a lock, although just too short to back at the min
                        good shout on waterford robin

bohs were shocking, not sure how galway even left with a point but doubt barry murphy will have to pay for a pint up there any time soon!
                        Last edited by Semibluff; 16-04-10, 21:12.
                        GAA News Website

Comment

barry murphy will have to pay for a pint up there any time soon!
                          Hes a Rovers infiltrator after all though!

Comment

I was vilified on the old boards for saying Chelsea were nailed on for the Prem because they were just too strong over a whole season long.

I hope I will be sent to Coventry for saying Fingal will win the league this year.

Comment

Taking a few weeks off unless something big comes up, no br management skills when it comes to sportsbetting, doesn't help when Bohs are tilting me. Higgins must start at CM and that should be enough to turn it around. Nobody looking good enough to win the league at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by robinblinds View Post
                                I was vilified on the old boards for saying Chelsea were nailed on for the Prem because they were just too strong over a whole season long.

I hope I will be sent to Coventry for saying Fingal will win the league this year.
                                Apart from away to galway (when they were short due to suspensions) fingal have been one of the better teams all year. this bet aint too far wrong.

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                Taking a few weeks off unless something big comes up, no br management skills when it comes to sportsbetting, doesn't help when Bohs are tilting me. Higgins must start at CM and that should be enough to turn it around. Nobody looking good enough to win the league at the moment.
                                keep looking at the fixtures and voicing your opinion oscar. The bohs game knocked me for 10 today aswell - but sure hopefully get a better price on them next game (although doubt it)

were u at it? opinion??
                                GAA News Website

Comment

Glad Fenlon is in charge, the defence has to improve but the quality is there to do so. Murphy is also a better keeper than that performance, his distribution is 1000x better than O'Connors which is vital for us at the mo, if Higgins gets into the team I can see us hammering a few teams, Keegan is class but basically a crab footballer, no forward passes, Cronin is similar but not as good at it , need a creative flow in there.

Would say Higgins will start next Friday judging by Fenlons post match interview btw.
                                  Last edited by bohsman; 17-04-10, 09:08.

Comment

Good solid 1-0 win away to Linfield tonight, hopefully back to usual now.

Comment

yeh nice win when he put back in rossiter and brennan

pats should win tomorow, although wouldnt like them if they get too short
                                      GAA News Website

Comment

yeh nice win when he put back in rossiter and brennan

pats should win tomorow, although wouldnt like them if they get too short
                                        Bohs seem to have no shape to me this season, like a dodgy LOI version or a Real Madrid superstars lineout, get them all on the pitch and hope it works out

rossi would make a big difference if stuck in on right imo

Comment

We're slowly finding our shape, Rossi is past it unfortunately but still useful as a squad player.

Comment

We're slowly finding our shape, Rossi is past it unfortunately but still useful as a squad player.
                                            ugh mcglynn got suspended for 2 months.
                                            does he still get paid by bohs durin those 2 month?

Comment

apparently mc glynn had like 20E on a game on betfair on his acc - a game in a league he didnt even play in -
                                              Think its a bit unrealistic to expect these players not to have a punt or two. Theyre wages are so $hit, and some of these guys are punting on things they know alot about.

By no means do i justify match fixing, which there has been alot of in the eircom league - but there must be a bit of common sense brought into it aswell.

A guy who has played with say 4 seperate teams in irish leagues, and has friends and knows managers very well. This same guy now only receives only 300-600E a week(which is taxed). Why shouldnt they be able to supplement their wages, or punt like the rest of us, once it isnt in a match they ar involved in.

I know it'll never be accepted really, and also understand the basic reasoning behind it, yet think its ver stupid. Opinions??

On a side note, get in there st pats - 4-0 up at the minute
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

By no means do i justify match fixing, which there has been alot of in the eircom league - but there must be a bit of common sense brought into it aswell.
                                                *Maybe harsh enough not being allowed to bet on loi matches but zero tolerance is probably the easiest way to police it and stop players giving each other the nod on every match!?

as for match fixing, im not saying its never happened but the vast majority of nonsense printed/said about dodgy matches is bookies mouthing off because they didn't put the work in and priced up games wrong

Div one games where one team have injuries and other team are 5/1-7/1
                                                have the bookies screaming fix in this country, where they would be told to fcuk off in other countries

FAI should get the lawyers after them a couple of times imo

*that said the length of the ban is a bit of a joke esp when compared to the Pats lad last year who bet on a match involving his own team
                                                couple of games and a fine was plenty, scapegoat rubbish imo

FAI are a bunch of clowns
                                                Last edited by Guest; 20-04-10, 20:37. Reason: *

Comment

apparently mc glynn had like 20E on a game on betfair on his acc - a game in a league he didnt even play in -
                                                  Think its a bit unrealistic to expect these players not to have a punt or two. Theyre wages are so $hit, and some of these guys are punting on things they know alot about.

A guy who has played with say 4 seperate teams in irish leagues, and has friends and knows managers very well. This same guy now only receives only 300-600E a week(which is taxed). Why shouldnt they be able to supplement their wages, or punt like the rest of us, once it isnt in a match they ar involved in.

I know it'll never be accepted really, and also understand the basic reasoning behind it, yet think its ver stupid. Opinions??

On a side note, get in there st pats - 4-0 up at the minute
                                                  you reckon he's only on like 600 quid a week?

Comment

i didnt say he was - i was giving an average wage for 70% of the players in the league
                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                      you reckon he's only on like 600 quid a week?
                                                      At most. Players signed/resigned this season are on less than half of the players on old contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                        *that said the length of the ban is a bit of a joke esp when compared to the Pats lad last year who bet on a match involving his own team
                                                        couple of games and a fine was plenty, scapegoat rubbish imo
                                                        Agreed, also the same length ban as the physio got who bet on a mtch involving his own team. Would be madness not to appeal.

Comment

At most. Players signed/resigned this season are on less than half of the players on old contracts.
                                                          but sure it wouldn't be worth his while - i'm sure that he would get more working full time than playing football. fair enough bohs put him up in a gaff and pay all expenses but wouldn't have thought 600 quid before tax would be worth it.

Comment

Doubt Bohs put him up, Id happily play football for a living for around 35k a year before tax. The club would certainly make allowances for anyone wanting to study aswell, know a few are in DCU.

And lol at the fact that you recently posted that McDonalds at around 15k a year pretax sounded decent.
                                                            Last edited by bohsman; 20-04-10, 21:56.

Comment

Doubt Bohs put him up, Id happily play football for a living for around 35k a year before tax. The club would certainly make allowances for anyone wanting to study aswell, know a few are in DCU.

And lol at the fact that you recently posted that McDonalds at around 15k a year pretax sounded decent.
                                                              And bohs do put them up (sounds fairly sweet accomadation as well)

when did i say McDonalds @ 15k a year sounded decent - i said the prop bet that semibluff suggested - 4500 a month was decent. - there is a difference

Comment

"sure there were professional people Q-ing for a job in mcdonalds down the country there a few months ago - mcdonalds isn't that bad of a place imo. "

McDs paying 15k isnt that bad a place but why would someone want to play pro football for 35k?

Comment

"sure there were professional people Q-ing for a job in mcdonalds down the country there a few months ago - mcdonalds isn't that bad of a place imo. "

McDs paying 15k isnt that bad a place but why would someone want to play pro football for 35k?
                                                                  this is going way off topic, people losin jobs right/left and centre were Q-ing for the mcdonalds job - better than nothing - i have no idea of the wage - where u got 15k from i have no idea.

Ok, maybe i didn't see the fact that 35k a year is good, the thought of 600 quid a week when compared with say the english Championship/League 1 isn't much from my pov - indeed there have been many players from the league that have gone over in last few years. would you agree that players with bohs would be of the same standard as some english championship teams?

Comment

Yea, way off topic, sorry. I worked in BK for a few years while in school, its min wage for the majority, slightly more for low grade management.

Some Bohs players could/will make it in the championship, Murphy and Deegan both first choice there now however the moneys not in the league, anyone that cant get a good money contract in England are probably better off on a decent wage living close to home, the likes of Keegan and Heary went to school around the corner from Dalymount.

Comment

any opinions on the upcoming game? prices seem to be all over the place

hw much will suspensions affect bohs away?
                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Oman shouldn't be a loss, McGuinness looked very solid on Monday, on paper and on the last 2 seasons its one spot that shouldn't trouble us if theres less than 4 defenders out. Anto Murphy back from injury straight in for Cretaro on the right, McGlynn back from being cuptied aswell and a very good chance that Higgins will start alongside Keegan. So suspensions to have close to zero affect.

Comment

got bohs at nearly 6/4, its alot shorter now. therell be 2.3 available on bf the day of it id imagine

Fingal will win tonight, but dont like that at that price. should be a bit bigger

few interesting fixtures friday - have a look at them tomorow
                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Sligo are well up to winning in inchicore. 3/1 is generous.

Treble of

Waterford
                                                                            Derry
                                                                            Shamrock Rovers

Comment

Originally posted by applehunter View Post
                                                                              Sligo are well up to winning in inchicore. 3/1 is generous.
                                                                              16/5 with bet365

2/1 draw no bet looks ok

Comment

Fancy anything Monday night?

UCD look a fair price at 10/11 with Boyles. Already gave them a hammering up in Drogheda 1st time out. Saw them against against Fingal on Thursday evening and they really should have won.

Comment

bray missing shane o neill and baker away to dundalk. This one looks like absolute game over

If bohs keep drifting ill take them, but want higher than 2.6 (theyre going to cost me a fortune this year!!)

galway wont take anything away from their game either
                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Dundalk's price did shorten up in a lot of places today.

A few burnt fingers I'd say.

Was there any of that 2.6 about Boez beforehand semibluff?

Comment

WP Robby Doyle Saints 3 points clear. whoda thunk

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                        WP Robby Doyle Saints 3 points clear. whoda thunk
                                                                                        The OP.

Comment

bohs went out to 2.5 then off at 2.44 i think. i dint get on

backed ucd as alot of "bent" money went on them in bookies. But i think it was just down to the late team news. drogh only had 10 first team squad members with them

laid galways and backed pats for a little too

lost big on ddalk - even though bray missing so many. wtf?!? i give up backing anything shorter than 1/2 in irish football. well for now anyways! lol
                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

think the 12/5 on shamrock rovers is massive away to pats. Few things about the game that i like. the away factor shouldnt make as much diff as we saw rovers win away to bohs already. also their fans travel well so they should be there in force. One thing aswell is that whilst homeless, Rovers shared grounds in richmond.

St pats have been very good so far, and may be slightly over rated. Rovers are the better team on paper, although havnt had the same form as pats. This'll be a very good, tight game in which we'll find out whether or not pats are a title contending team. I think the answer is no, and expect them to fall short of getting the win. 12/5 laddies is too big, and should win this low scoring game

Waterford to keep romping against Longford. With suspensions for longford, and simon kelly (player they recently signed) still serving a suspension, they cant keep clean sheet. the 7/10 with laddies is a good price. Also expect alot of goals here

lay bohs if they go lower than 2/5

Dundalk could be a massive bet, depending on team news for drogh. If theyre as depleted as last week, ill certainly be opposing them - but will no more tomorow evening

have small bet on fingal also - this will tell alot for their season. took the 11/5 on it. i make it just shorter than 2s
                                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Rover - Bohs game was in Tallaght, 12/5 looks like value but has 0-0 written all over it.

Comment

Id echo what semibluff has said about the Waterford game. Can see plenty of goals and a Waterford win. Why the hell George O'Callaghan is playing 1st division LOI football is beyond me. But all we can do is take advantage I suppose.

Sligo at odds against at home is always worth a punt. Fingal look a bit of soft touch away from home this season.

Comment

personally not backing sligo that short, fingals form has been indifferent of late

backed wexford for a little and layed cork also
                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

think the 12/5 on shamrock rovers is massive away to pats.
                                                                                                    great shout wp

Comment

Top previews again semibluff.

Comment

cheers - yeh had good night. didnt get to lay bohs in the end, they drifted. Also had small Unders bet on rovers game, so the late pats goal killed me. Was at the game also, very impressive rovers team

On waterford and overs. And small bit on fingal also
                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

very weird result in the waterford game. 1-0 up against 10 men to lose
                                                                                                          won overs tho, push there then bink fingal at 11/5 bookie (and bit at 3.4 on bf)
                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

opposing both pats and dundalk probably in asians. taking monaghan too
                                                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

sligo draw no bet tonight. Instead of using bookie - do it with betfair by backing draw+sligo, so that its break even on the draw.

small bit on longford at 5/4

all short fave should win, avoiding them though
                                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

the stand alone 8/13 with boyles for rovers at home to galway is a v good price. wont be there come friday i doubt
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

ever get the feeling that your talking to yourself??
                                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Im reading but stubbornly avoiding till I find a price I cant refuse. Bohs have only conceded 1 in their last 5 now, unders on all game Id say. Especially with Raf carrying an injury and McGlynn out for the month.

Comment

Im reading but stubbornly avoiding till I find a price I cant refuse. Bohs have only conceded 1 in their last 5 now, unders on all game Id say. Especially with Raf carrying an injury and McGlynn out for the month.
                                                                                                                      is he only out for the month?

ugh i used to be into irish football but then shels went and got relegated
                                                                                                                      thought i'd try get back into this season but they hasn't really happened - a shels fan supporting bohs doens't sound right

Comment

The premier division is so closely matched its hard to see any edge in any of the games.

So I'm going with some unfashionable teams this weekend where maybe the odds compilers have not factored in the form.

Again I will back Sligo at home even though they have gone a little gun shy the last couple of games but Bohs have been so terrible you have to take them on.

For me college are the standout bet of the weekend at 11/10 in Bray. Unbeaten in 7 and really solid defensively.

3/1 on the handicap is also worth a bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                          is he only out for the month?
                                                                                                                          Yea, reduced on appeal.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X