Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muller played the Republicans yesterday into admitting that Trump could and should be charged with obstruction when he leaves office.
    He'll probably pardon himself for crimes he claims he was exonerated for
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
      You boys are watching too many movies. He is an incredibly impressive investigator and a highly decorated former military officer and former FBI director.

He was giving evidence where he had to be very careful not to cross any of a great number of legal lines. He had to avoid characterising findings in any political or partisan way. He had to avoid prejudicing any future investigation and/or prosecution. He also had to put everything through the lens of the OLC report in terms of what they could and could not do legally.

If you want Elliott Ness go watch Untouchables - Ness was nothing like Costner but sure you might as well keep living in that fantasy world.
      “That fantasy world” is the world most American inhabit, I’m not expecting him to be Elliott ness /Batman but that is what the likes of CNN/WaPo/the Colbert’s of this world have been characterizing him as for 3 years now
      He also genuinely did not come across as completely with it, to be expected from a 74 year old. Wasn’t expecting grandstanding but was some basic articulacy too much to ask for?
      Gutted to learn Elliott ness didn’t really throw one of al Capone’s henchman off the roof of a courthouse though. Thanks for clearing that up
      Last edited by Guest; 25-07-19, 09:20.

Comment

Looks like Adare Manor getting Ryder Cup in 7 years (2026)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
          Looks like Adare finally getting a fucking bypass 7 years (2026)
          FYP
          Can’t wait to paint the EU flag on my face and belt out all the old classics like “Europe!Europe!Europe!”

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            FYP
            Can’t wait to paint the EU flag on my face and belt out all the old classics like “Europe!Europe!Europe!”
            What's the problem. Everyone is a winner!

Comment

FYP
              Can’t wait to paint the EU flag on my face and belt out all the old classics like “Europe!Europe!Europe!And what's left of the UK! Europe!Europe!Europe!”
              FYP!

Comment

Already far too warm. This was a bad idea

Comment

He really is such a prick. Heard Matt Wallace an awful bollocks to his caddy also

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    Get in touch with Grian Na Nog Ste, cannot rate them highly enough. They're based on Tay lane, two mins from Rathcoole.

We had an awful experience with Cocoon, pulled the little one out of there and got her a place in GNN. It's phenomenal.

Her teacher last year was doing a phd in child nutrition.

Incredibly professional outfit, full of happy kids.

Places are limited as they're real strict on ratios.
                    Our kids due in there in August . Lost patience with RH. It's more expensive but kiddies deserve better care.

Comment

My prophecy will come true. It's starting . GE, 2ND ref . No brexit. Boris to be history before Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Not doing a #DennyCrane4Trump on this, but he has had a kinda impressive start. He will almost certainly lose eventually. But he isn't a fool by any stretch of the imagination.
                        Sometimes you try too hard
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                          Totally different track, was in pp yesterday and a horse was withdrawn from a race and pp's in shop "info girl" says "it's ok it's number 9 , number 9 is always an outsider ". And these loolahs give their fancies to punters from time to time. She then said a horse just got up in the shadow of the post even though he was never headed for the entire race.
                          One of them regularly mispronounces horses names. Recently she decided 'Franz Kafka' was a weird name for a horse after stumbling over it two or three times before spitting it out like it was an alien language.

Yesterday she blithely mispronounced "Harpocrates' clearly oblivious it was a play on 'Hippocrates' (like in the oath).

And if I hear yer wan who routinely half aftertimes the daily onscreen doubles after the first one has obliged by saying punters will now have a 'tasty docket in their back pocket' I'll, I'll,... fume quietly. Again.

New patter required please.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            This is a putsch, hard right anti EU party with no place for any dissent.
                            Tory sheep will weakly hang in behind him until they are not needed.

Someone could lead an exodus to the Lib Dems but it won't happen because they are too spineless.
                            It says all you need to now about Corbyn that he still couldn't get a VONC through or indeed win a snap GE in the face of the most inept, disorganized and fractured Tory government in living memory
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Eye opening thread on rolexes on boards https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057892564/29

Seems you won’t get a sniff of one these days at authorized dealers unless you already dropping big coin (you effectively have to pay hello money to get on a waiting list), kinda sad, they don’t really even look that great?
                              Big bling watches seem to be making a comeback along with horrible big logos though

Comment

Originally posted by Cricinfo
                                “So England won the toss, elected to bat, and eight hours later their openers were 0-0 at the close. All of Geoffrey Boycott’s dreams have finally come true.”

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  It says all you need to now about Corbyn that he still couldn't get a VONC through or indeed win a snap GE in the face of the most inept, disorganized and fractured Tory government in living memory
                                  How is he expected to get a VONC through when the government he is VONCing has a majority. He can't defy mathematics.

And it's unfair to retrospectively diss his achievements in the 2017 snap election. May wasn't seen as incompetent at the time nor the government as inept - the Tories were 20 points clear in the polls, she herself had huge 'popularity' numbers.
                                  If they were fractured it was perceived as being because they were being held back by a few rebels taking advantage of the small parliamentary majority bequeathed by Cameron.
                                  The snap election was an open goal to increase that majority and 400+ seats for the Tories was the expected result with the bookies. Over the 5 weeks of the campaign Corbyn destroyed their aim with an excellent and inspiring campaign (aided by a terrible Tory campaign).

He is not a good parliamentarian unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    All bets are off predictions are useless but nevertheless...

Might be that they are planning to no deal 31/10 and immediately call an election for 3 weeks later before reality bites.
                                    He has already made 31/10 such a hostage to fortune that if parliament blocks no deal he will have to try to suspending it to fall out by default.
                                    I can't see how a government that forces through no deal gets elected in the spring.

That he has created the cabinet he has ought to have had c.100 of his MP's sign up for the LibDems this morning but they are too lily livered and weak to move and will row in behind him until they are made irrelevant after the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      The snap election was an open goal to increase that majority and 400+ seats for the Tories was the expected result with the bookies. Over the 5 weeks of the campaign Corbyn destroyed their aim with an excellent and inspiring campaign (aided by a terrible Tory campaign).

He is not a good parliamentarian unfortunately.
                                      But could he do it again and in the face of a Boris / Cummings juggernaut?
                                      I agree he ran a great campaign in 17 but has he not squandered all the goodwill and momentum ( ) and made himself unelectable since then?

Comment

Nightswatchman putting in a good show here

Comment

But could he do it again and in the face of a Boris / Cummings juggernaut?
                                          I agree he ran a great campaign in 17 but has he not squandered all the goodwill and momentum ( ) and made himself unelectable since then?
                                          The important thing is he has to be given equal tv time over the course of a campaign, that was one of the key things last time out. So it was a sudden surprise for people to see that JC the Bogeyman of tabloid legend was a fallacy.
                                          But I actually agree, I don't think he could do it again.
                                          But as I said that doesn't mean that 2017 can be re-written as a failure.

Re the Boris/Cummings juggernaut - you could equally argue that Cummings may not be able to repeat his tricks either - that what was successful in a Y/N referendum may not translate to a GE.

Comment

Gonna be some serious hard yakka for the Irish bowlers in that heat today but even worse going up vertical slopes in Le Tour.

Each rider drank on average 22 water bottles yesterday and that was comparitively flat. Insanity.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

One for Chd and Eamonhonda

The Police pulled me over and said 'Papers' I said Scissors, I WIN. They must want a rematch as they’ve been chasing my car for the last 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                Gonna be some serious hard yakka for the Irish bowlers in that heat today but even worse going up vertical slopes in Le Tour.

Each rider drank on average 22 water bottles yesterday and that was comparitively flat. Insanity.
                                                The ol drugs can make you thirsty

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                  Nightswatchman putting in a good show here
                                                  Still in but Burns out

Comment

Wonder what corkage is:

Comment

What's a must to do while in Lisbon..... Currently here sitting not knowing what to do.
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                        Skellig Landing tour canceled again for 2moro. That's 0/6 attempts now.
                                                        This lady and her partner are living on the Grrat Blasket for the summer, running the little guest house on the island. Can see why your trip was cancelled

Comment

With the pace the Irish bowlers bowl at you would think 3rd slip would be the first position you would fill!?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                            What's a must to do while in Lisbon..... Currently here sitting not knowing what to do.
                                                            Time Out market for food. Loads of cool suppliers under one roof. Wander around Bairro Alto afterwards. - Av. 24 de Julho 49, 1200-479 Lisboa, Portugal

Comment

Eye opening thread on rolexes on boards https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057892564/29

Seems you won’t get a sniff of one these days at authorized dealers unless you already dropping big coin (you effectively have to pay hello money to get on a waiting list), kinda sad, they don’t really even look that great?
                                                              Big bling watches seem to be making a comeback along with horrible big logos though
                                                              Chaos is where it's at...

Epic Treatment for an Epic Pen and WatchIt rewrote the rules for pen design with its virile, majestic, imposing form. Now, the Chaos Pen conceived by Sylvest...
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                  Time Out market for food. Loads of cool suppliers under one roof. Wander around Bairro Alto afterwards. - Av. 24 de Julho 49, 1200-479 Lisboa, Portugal
                                                                  Curently in Time out eating some weird crumb stuffed ball yokes. One has cuttle fish with ink in it. Yuk 🤣

The place is fucking jammers. Came in here at the wrong time.

Booked a 45 min speed boat for 3pm. I'll prob get the runs on it after what I just ate 🙈😂
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                    With the pace the Irish bowlers bowl at you would think 3rd slip would be the first position you would fill!?
                                                                    No.

Comment

No.
                                                                      Exaggeration to make a point/ask a question

I've always had the picture that Slower bowlers tend to get "wider" edges

Comment

Curently in Time out eating some weird crumb stuffed ball yokes. One has cuttle fish with ink in it. Yuk ��

The place is fucking jammers. Came in here at the wrong time.

Booked a 45 min speed boat for 3pm. I'll prob get the runs on it after what I just ate ����
                                                                        go to pizzaria cassanova down by cruise ship port, sit outside, drink cold beers and eat pizza diavola beside the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                          I definitely don't like him, but this is somewhat masterful.

Sounded like a fucktard

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                            Exaggeration to make a point/ask a question

I've always had the picture that Slower bowlers tend to get "wider" edges
                                                                            No, not true.

Look where the slip stands for a spinner, it's still the classical first slip position.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                              go to pizzaria cassanova down by cruise ship port, sit outside, drink cold beers and eat pizza diavola beside the water.
                                                                              +1. This guy eats!

Probably the most enjoyable meal I had in a few days in Lisbon and great location. Right beside a main train/metro hub and a short walk to old town Afalma district. Its very cheap and the food is great.

Comment

No, not true.

Look where the slip stands for a spinner, it's still the classical first slip position.
                                                                                Meant medium pace rather than spinners but fair enough, you remember the unusual so the 3rd slip catches probably stick more in the mind

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

It's the use of their cake stand included in the package that would have sealed the deal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                    I actually passed that but kept walking. I'll do that after the boat trip minus the pizza.

Just had a beautiful cherry liqueur in a white chocolate cup. Was absolutely beautiful. 1 euro. Then ordered a glass of red holy fuck half a bottle he poured in 2 e in a little cafe.
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Ireland getting a test match lesson today

Comment

Always stuck me as a watch for unimaginative people, seems to happen a lot that people come into money, feel they need to get a watch and can't look past a Rolex

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                          She then said a horse just got up in the shadow of the post even though he was never headed for the entire race.
                                                                                          I assume this is a coherent sentence understood by horse racing types. Mad how unintelligible it is to me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                            Always stuck me as a watch for unimaginative people, seems to happen a lot that people come into money, feel they need to get a watch and can't look past a Rolex
                                                                                            Or a Tag Heuer

Comment

That RTE investigates program last night on the Creches in Dublin a very difficult watch.

Comment

Red wine at room temp would be great.

Red wine at 30C not amazing....

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                  That RTE investigates program last night on the Creches in Dublin a very difficult watch.
                                                                                                  I wouldn't watch it but those that did at home were very upset by it.

I just wonder if it was really necessary for RTE to have to show that instead of just working with the licensing authorities to see that action is taken.

Obviously though there is something rotten in the licensing system, they ran 2500 inspections this year but still someone thought they could get away with that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                    Red wine at room temp would be great.

Red wine at 30C not amazing....
                                                                                                    Put some ice in it or put bottle in a bucket

Perfect day for a chilled red

Comment

All happening in Le Tour

These men deserve whatever drugs they are on and a whole lot more !

Comment

All happening in Le Tour

These men deserve whatever drugs they are on and a whole lot more !
                                                                                                        Details ? Can't await highlights later

Comment

The Tony Martin & Luke Rowe incident was pretty interesting. I thought on the face of it that the decision to expel was a tad harsh.

I know Rowe isn't a climber but I'd be curious if he would have been worth much to Thomas today.

Comment

45 mins on a speed boat the more I screamed the faster the cunt went. Embarrassed to say I left a puddle on seat after me.

Holy fucking jesus not even a seat belt, a little bar to hold on to, 😂😂

Was some laugh after the fear settled lol
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                              Details ? Can't await highlights later
                                                                                                              All the GC players tried one after another to kill Alaphilippe but he finished strongest of them all. Bernal could only pick up 30 secs and Thomas couldn't get a yard on him. And yet there just enough weakness shown on the pointy end of the climb to keep them thinking they can break him tomorrow or Saturday.
                                                                                                              Quintana found his gear and flew away from the breakaway and picked up 6 minutes so he'll probably try to do the same again tomorrow.

Best Tour in years.

Comment

My sister had her iphone pinched from her bag waiting in line at a wine shop opposite her holiday apartment last week in Lisbon. She only noticed when she got back. Track my phone showed the phone up a side alley close by but went dead soon after. Keep aware.

Comment

All the GC players tried one after another to kill Alaphilippe but he finished strongest of them all. Bernal could only pick up 30 secs and Thomas couldn't get a yard on him. And yet there just enough weakness shown on the pointy end of the climb to keep them thinking they can break him tomorrow or Saturday.
                                                                                                                  Quintana found his gear and flew away from the breakaway and picked up 6 minutes so he'll probably try to do the same again tomorrow.

Best Tour in years.
                                                                                                                  Not Normal!

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                    My sister had her iphone pinched from her bag waiting in line at a wine shop opposite her holiday apartment last week in Lisbon. She only noticed when she got back. Track my phone showed the phone up a side alley close by but went dead soon after. Keep aware.
                                                                                                                    Ya was tipped off about that have a crossover bag glued to me.
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Ya was tipped off about that have a crossover bag glued to me.
                                                                                                                      Solid plan. It was at the very end and took the shine off for the group but shes not one to get worried about these things.

One of my lesser mentioned brothers on the other hand goes on holiday with a stick up wallet so if hes stuck up its just a dummy wallet. He wanted to go with wallet to chain before that!. Some character.

Comment

Best Tour in years.
                                                                                                                        Was wondering WTF you were on about, then realised I've been watching on ITV4+1.

Amazing how none of them get hospitalised here.

Comment

England effectively 97/6 in the final session of the day. Get Root quickly

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X