Bad call or bad timing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad call or bad timing?

Ok basically hand from live event, thoughts please, will give as much detail in HUD stats form an stuff and see what use think
    Hero 18k
    villian 40k
    Stats on villian VPIP 80% PFR 60% AGG 80% turn shove 70% river shove 80%
    Basically villian is mad man and only didnt play 1 or 2 hands when smoking
    Saw villian play SD and Fd 100% aggresively by basically putting you all in everytime, and also if he flops top pair, ok
    Hero button 1010
    Villian?? CO
    blinds 400/800/50
    villian limps
    button makes it 2100 to go
    villian flat calls
    flop Qc 2c 8d
    hero bets 3k villian FLATS
    pot now 16kish not exact but basically i'd little over pot size bet behind
    turn was 3d villian checks
    button checks
    i checked turn to entice river shove!
    river was 9c
    villian shoves 20k!!!!
    ??????????
    By gathereing all information above and a lot more of it aswel just doing this quite quick but is my hero such a bad call??? Or correct?
    Planned on calling river shove, when club came it wasnt nice card obv, but i tanked, went through every way he plays and its all aggro with draws
    I tank call and he shows 58cc for flush lol
    thoughts?
    4ofakind1489
    Last edited by 4ofakind1489; 07-03-14, 09:07. Reason: mistake
    take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Open less pf.

C-bet less on the flop.

Bet fold turn.

Comment

Yea its just estimate sizing and pot tbh was putting it up quickish, would of cbet 40ish % of pot tbh, and bet fold turn v this kind of villian? Can you explain your bet/fold turn?

Comment

Ammend that to bet, and then go with your read on the turn if raised.

I bet the turn as 10s should crush his range, but you don't want to give a free card.

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
          Ammend that to bet, and then go with your read on the turn if raised.

I bet the turn as 10s should crush his range, but you don't want to give a free card.
          Agree 100% i should have shoved turn tbf, that was the mistake, just confused how different he played his FD and was wondering was it bad call giving information I had gathered, didn't add up tyty

Comment

aggainst this villian i would open silly big around 3.5-4k if hes limping late pos he;ll call up to 4k then your c-bet will be a way bigger % of your stack say 5 or 6k he flats we assume he hasnt got a q
            close your eyes and shove turn
            gonna get snapped by a q sometimes but with all in middle he.ll call with fl/dr and miss most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
              aggainst this villian i would open silly big around 3.5-4k if hes limping late pos he;ll call up to 4k then your c-bet will be a way bigger % of your stack say 5 or 6k he flats we assume he hasnt got a q
              close your eyes and shove turn
              gonna get snapped by a q sometimes but with all in middle he.ll call with fl/dr and miss most of the time
              +1

Comment

Pre looks fine to me,

can bet a little smaller on flop 2300-2500 but 3k isn't much different so its fine imo.

Think checking turn is fine and plan on calling most rivers even if a clubs comes,

River has to be one of the worst cards in the deck for us as a bunch of hands just got there,pretty shitty spot but i think i fold,
                “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Originally posted by shanno66 View Post
                  Pre looks fine to me,

can bet a little smaller on flop 2300-2500 but 3k isn't much different so its fine imo.

Think checking turn is fine and plan on calling most rivers even if a clubs comes,

River has to be one of the worst cards in the deck for us as a bunch of hands just got there,pretty shitty spot but i think i fold,
                  V most villians I'l fold as after calling flop basically there's not a hell of a lot, I'm beating to a river shove, and rather than hero for my tourney, i still could fold and pick a better spot to get them in, just found it extremely difficult v this villian as stated above, he plays top pair and flushes, very aggressively and had shoved so many rivers and showed air,maybe I just got schooled lol or he out of nowere turned into passive mode, tyty

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
                    Open less pf.

C-bet less on the flop.

Bet fold turn.
                    The opposite of this for me.
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                    X