Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In before AJ

Must be Short odds on us adding to that tomorrow

Edit:still better and more meaningful than thugby though
    Last edited by Guest; 13-11-17, 21:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Yikes. Didn't notice that on the HHE outing.

Although we do tend to round the bill up to the nearest thousand.
      More importantly, judging by the last few times I've walked passed, Andy is gone.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Yikes. Didn't notice that on the HHE outing.
          Sounds reasonable enough to me. Though the notion of someone in Donegal charging more than that seems bizarre. Have a vague memory of my local pub charging €20 corkage on a bottle of Whiskey many years ago.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Anyone else encountering any issues setting up alt accounts?
            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Brat home for a few days , havent seen her in 3 months . aint she lucky she got my good looks

stunner

SPOILER
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

bet365 are a brilliant bookies. You can get a decent run from an account with them if you use a bit of common sense.

This is a good article relating to current culture/practices within the industry and some tips on avoiding restrictions.

How do bookmakers make money? How do they set the odds for sporting events? Understanding how bookmakers operate is key to sports betting.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                  Anyone else encountering any issues setting up alt accounts?

Comment

FYI Ecig heads....

Euro giant, bubble gum. .€ 1.50 10 MLS fabulous. Excact same
                    As hubba Bubba!!!
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

McGregor pulled from UFC event in December?

Breaking news in the world of Conor McGregor. According to the commissioner who oversaw last weekend's Bellator MMA Event in Dublin, the UFC has removed

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        McGregor pulled from UFC event in December?

http://mmaimports.com/2017/11/breaki...ator-incident/
                        He was never confirmed for that event? Could be a blessing in disguise for him doesn't look like he was seriously training or anything and would have got killed by a tony ferguson or Nate Diaz

Comment

Copenhagen

Friday night was my mates 40th which meant I got about 3 hours sleep before hitting the airport on Saturday morning.

Drinking your first pint at 6:45AM is inherently wrong but my god they went down well, so well, there was a few had and we almost missed the flight. Having to sprint to the gate after a few pints is not the way I want to start most days. There was only one solution, drink all the way over on the flight. The cabin crew didn't know what hit them as pretty much the whole flight were boozing, all good natured banter though.

Three of us had headed over but we only had one ticket going with a very slim hope for two others. We had got nothing through the FAI away portal and every other lead we would normally get tickets through had turned up nothing. They were literally like gold dust. We landed in Copenhagen, turned the phone on to see a message letting us know two tickets were waiting for us at the Irish team hotel, absolute result!

Bumped into Shane Ross in Copenhagen airport as we were getting out some Krona from an ATM. I had to show him how to use it and not to take the fixed rate of exchange as you get ripped off. Now, I'm not one to judge but when a lad who has been out the night before, got 3 hours sleep and then spent 3.5 - 4 hours boozing has to show the lad who is running the country how to take money out of the ATM...surely some questions need to be asked?

Anyway, onto the team hotel, collect tickets and have a few beers. Turns out, Mr Ross was staying in the team hotel also so we were able to catch up after the ATM debacle before heading to our own hotel to check in.

From there, it was down to the canzone, which was mainly outside the Dubliner pub. Absolute great craic especially with all the people coming in/out of Victoria's Secret. Whoever decided to put a pub next door was clearly a genius.

The match wasn't exactly a classic by any stretch but it was job done by getting out with a clean sheet. Afterwards, there was a bit of a pub crawl which ended up in a cocktail bar with pitchers of Mojito, when in Denmark...By 2AM, enough was enough and we brought the 19 hour session to an end.

Sunday morning was rough but our hotel had a swimming pool so we reckoned that would be a good way to clear the head. The reality was that we just essentially sat in a really large bath as there was no exercise done.

After check out, we decided to dodge any Irish bar and managed to sit in a local cafe and sip on G&T's as we could not face beer.

Bumped into Shano in the airport on the way, he gave me a nod and a wink. I said to him 'We'll have to stop meeting like this, people will start to talk' - I think we're friends now.

Excitement levels starting to grow for tonight. I've already invented an off site meeting I have to attend at 3PM over the Southside so I can ditch work early and go for a few beers with the lads beforehand. Tomorrow starts a very, very, very, very long detox, like 'till at least Friday.

Comment

Back in the day, that would have been a normal 24 hours for Shane. I'd say he was looking at you with fond nostalgia.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Back in the day, that would have been a normal 24 hours for Shane. I'd say he was looking at you with fond nostalgia.
                              He had two fairly young kids with him. They looked too young to be his but have actually no idea how old he is, purely basing this on how old he looks

Comment

BBV has gone to shit since P&F was banned. Very few posts!

Go Dom, let her back in

Comment

Little does LaoLao know he's now a registered sex offender after the carry on outside that Victoria's Secret.

Comment

Today is the day after the kindness day before. Indian Givers day.

Can I have my stuff back now?

Comment

Madonna released 'like a virgin' 33 years ago. She is releasing the follow up song next week ' like a sausage up O'Connell Street'.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                        Copenhagen

Friday night was my mates 40th which meant I got about 3 hours sleep before hitting the airport on Saturday morning.

Drinking your first pint at 6:45AM is inherently wrong but my god they went down well, so well, there was a few had and we almost missed the flight. Having to sprint to the gate after a few pints is not the way I want to start most days. There was only one solution, drink all the way over on the flight. The cabin crew didn't know what hit them as pretty much the whole flight were boozing, all good natured banter though.

Three of us had headed over but we only had one ticket going with a very slim hope for two others. We had got nothing through the FAI away portal and every other lead we would normally get tickets through had turned up nothing. They were literally like gold dust. We landed in Copenhagen, turned the phone on to see a message letting us know two tickets were waiting for us at the Irish team hotel, absolute result!

Bumped into Shane Ross in Copenhagen airport as we were getting out some Krona from an ATM. I had to show him how to use it and not to take the fixed rate of exchange as you get ripped off. Now, I'm not one to judge but when a lad who has been out the night before, got 3 hours sleep and then spent 3.5 - 4 hours boozing has to show the lad who is running the country how to take money out of the ATM...surely some questions need to be asked?

Anyway, onto the team hotel, collect tickets and have a few beers. Turns out, Mr Ross was staying in the team hotel also so we were able to catch up after the ATM debacle before heading to our own hotel to check in.

From there, it was down to the canzone, which was mainly outside the Dubliner pub. Absolute great craic especially with all the people coming in/out of Victoria's Secret. Whoever decided to put a pub next door was clearly a genius.

The match wasn't exactly a classic by any stretch but it was job done by getting out with a clean sheet. Afterwards, there was a bit of a pub crawl which ended up in a cocktail bar with pitchers of Mojito, when in Denmark...By 2AM, enough was enough and we brought the 19 hour session to an end.

Sunday morning was rough but our hotel had a swimming pool so we reckoned that would be a good way to clear the head. The reality was that we just essentially sat in a really large bath as there was no exercise done.

After check out, we decided to dodge any Irish bar and managed to sit in a local cafe and sip on G&T's as we could not face beer.

Bumped into Shano in the airport on the way, he gave me a nod and a wink. I said to him 'We'll have to stop meeting like this, people will start to talk' - I think we're friends now.

Excitement levels starting to grow for tonight. I've already invented an off site meeting I have to attend at 3PM over the Southside so I can ditch work early and go for a few beers with the lads beforehand. Tomorrow starts a very, very, very, very long detox, like 'till at least Friday.
                                        Not posting pics is ban worthy imo

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                          Not posting pics is ban worthy imo
                                          ...Feels like Lao Lao wrote out his full trip report, with full disclosure, then decided to edit and take out the inappropriate/interesting/Trip report worthy....Not acceptable in my opinion...

Comment

What do the parents of small children think of this article
                                            I’m James Bridle. I’m a writer and artist concerned with technology and culture. I usually write on my own blog, but frankly I don’t want…

Someone or something or some combination of people and things is using YouTube to systematically frighten, traumatise, and abuse children, automatically and at scale, and it forces me to question my own beliefs about the internet, at every level.
                                            To me it sounds quite hysterical and I'm not at all convinced by his assertion that these videos amount to child abuse however he has pointed to some seriously bizarre stuff that is out there! The idea though that any parent would let kids sit in front of that kind of content for hour after hour seems to me as weird as the videos he is talking about.

Don't hug me I'm scared looks mainstream after that
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

5e added to virgin broadband for everybody, might be looking satnavs way :P

Comment

#metoo finally getting around to the big fish. Democrats cleaning house and Clinton’s are heading for the trash where they belong

Feminists saved the 42nd president of the United States in the 1990s. They were on the wrong side of history; is it finally time to make things right?

Yet let us not forget the sex crimes of which the younger, stronger Bill Clinton was very credibly accused in the 1990s. Juanita Broaddrick reported that when she was a volunteer on one of his gubernatorial campaigns, she had arranged to meet him in a hotel coffee shop. At the last minute, he had changed the location to her room in the hotel, where she says he very violently raped her

It was a pattern of behavior; it included an alleged violent assault; the women involved had far more credible evidence than many of the most notorious accusations that have come to light in the past five weeks. But Clinton was not left to the swift and pitiless justice that today’s accused men have experienced. Rather, he was rescued by a surprising force: machine feminism. The movement had by then ossified into a partisan operation and it was willing—eager—to let this friend of the sisterhood enjoy a little droit de seigneur.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  I’m James Bridle. I’m a writer and artist concerned with technology and culture. I usually write on my own blog, but frankly I don’t want…

To me it sounds quite hysterical and I'm not at all convinced by his assertion that these videos amount to child abuse however he has pointed to some seriously bizarre stuff that is out there! The idea though that any parent would let kids sit in front of that kind of content for hour after hour seems to me as weird as the videos he is talking about.

Same as leaving your kids watch Hollywood movies ,mtv or Disney.its all degenerate bullshit made by degenerates giving your kids a fucked up view of the world

Comment

Some of the videos are very creepy but kids love them. Adults opening toys and playing them. There are some fairly violent knock off cartoons which I would worry about but that 20minutes peace in the morning is worth the risk
                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I read a good chunk of that article before I gave up, but at that point he was basically just saying that kids channels are popular. Far too long to get to any sort of point to hold my attention. I don't like badly structured rants.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        Little does LaoLao know he's now a registered sex offender after the carry on outside that Victoria's Secret.
                                                        Does the ol charity work for a rainy day, to be seen to be above reproach. Himself and Dice craftily careful not to be seen together.

Comment

Don't let the kids play on tablets or watch TV Mon-Thurs.

I reckon that makes up for the shite they come across at the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            I read a good chunk of that article before I gave up, but at that point he was basically just saying that kids channels are popular. Far too long to get to any sort of point to hold my attention. I don't like badly structured rants.
                                                            Yeah he seems a bit overly sensitive this guy. My fella has never seen anything on the net or TV that we haven't sat and watched with him.

Of course that won't last forever but, as one commenter said, 'Maybe don't let the internet raise your kid'.

One of the easiest things about parenting a toddler IMO is managing screen time. I'm much more likely to hear 'phone away dada' as he demands i play with him while trying to secretly catch the news headlines.

Comment

Comment

Comment

France NZ currently on for those at a loss before the Ireland game. 7-7 so far.

Comment

@revolut users

Took out €300 from my local bank of ireland machine, inside of an actual bank of Ireland and the revolut card charged me €306. What is this utter shite?
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                      @revolut users

Took out €300 from my local bank of ireland machine, inside of an actual bank of Ireland and the revolut card charged me €306. What is this utter shite?
                                                                      Never been charged anywhere before. Could it be boi?

Comment

Comment

Myler for odowda only change

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                            France NZ currently on for those at a loss before the Ireland game. 7-7 so far.
                                                                            France go in at half time leading 15 14

Comment

This is savage:

Comment

3-1 Ireland. Hup

Comment

Could someone throw up a decent stream for the game I can get in the US? Cheers

Comment

3-1 Ireland. Hup
                                                                                    Don't mean to be rude but Lol.

Going for 0-0 myself

Comment

Originally posted by alocon View Post

Comment

Won the singing
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by alocon View Post
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Some lep

Comment

We will do what we usually do. Score early then go into a conplete panic of kicking the ball as high and long as we can. While our opponents eventually work out how technically shit we are, pass it around us with ease and we lose 3-1.

You heard it here first.
                                                                                              Time to resuscitate this post in some kind of BBV-ian anti manner. Part I done. Part II underway.

Comment

...

Comment

It's the hope that kills ya

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      FFS. My 2 year can turn on the laptop and navigate to Netflix, he's so used to watching stuff. Can't talk though, which might be related to watching so much stuff. Might have to fix that.
                                                                                                      Well current thinking suggests there probably is a link between the two.

I've read BabyHiFi a book every night i'm at home since he arrived two years ago and that blossomed into a love of books and he'd happily look at books all day and torture me or his ma to read stories and can parrot most of his favs quite convincingly (and cutely).

Digs the library too though we both also enjoy Puffin Rock on Netflix at the weekend narrated by Chris O'Dowd and his motley bunch of Derry-accented exotic sea and air friends including Mossy the farting shrew and his 'shrew crew' who love a good old stink up!

Comment

Time to resuscitate this post in some kind of BBV-ian anti manner. Part I done. Part II underway.
                                                                                                        Part III now in progress. Luckily our keeper hasn't read the script.

We scored about 84 minutes too early.

Comment

We've seen this movie before
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Rather unexpectedly, an actual game of football has broken out.

Comment

Nice composure on the post there

Comment

Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                    It's the hope that kills ya
                                                                                                                    Yep

Comment

Oh dear
                                                                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

3-1 Ireland. Hup
                                                                                                                        BBV gonna deliver 1-3 due to your cockiness

Comment

well fuck

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X