Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't follow rugby too closely but from an outsider's looking in pov, Aki's inclusion and Zebo's exclusion seems all sorts of wrong from a fairness perspective.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      Wouldn't follow rugby too closely but from an outsider's looking in pov, Aki's inclusion and Zebo's exclusion seems all sorts of wrong from a fairness perspective.
      That’s racist

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
        McGregor blurring the lines between UFC and WWE. Hype, choreographed fights, more hype, ring invasions etc.
        hope he gets put to sleep next fight.cant believe I fell for the BS and thought he wasn’t a jumped up scrote. You do get the feeling the fall will be as spectacular as the rise. In a way he has nowhere to go after the Mayweather fight,he is never getting as big a hit of attention and money again

Comment

any recommendations for a nice hotel (clean, convenient, only shopping trip) in Milan?

Thanks

Comment

COYBIG

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
              COYBIG
              We will do what we usually do. Score early then go into a conplete panic of kicking the ball as high and long as we can. While our opponents eventually work out how technically shit we are, pass it around us with ease and we lose 3-1.

You heard it here first.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  We will do what we usually do. Score early then go into a conplete panic of kicking the ball as high and long as we can. While our opponents eventually work out how technically shit we are, pass it around us with ease and we lose 3-1.

You heard it here first.
                  Well that's not what we usually do at all. Only ever conceded over 2 goals in one competitive game under MON and that includes plenty of better sides than Denmark.

What we usually do is defend with distinction but offer little going forward.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Zebo has left the country robbing Ireland of management of his playing time and also ability to win games for an Irish club and attract punters to pay for tickets in this country. He will double his wage. Nothing unfair at all about the IRFU decision. He also plays in a position where he is replaceable without a serious drop off.

There is probably three players an exception would be made for and he is not one of them. Sexton, Murray and Furlong that is all.

Zebo has decided that an international career, an extended playing career due to the welfare programme, the potential to be one of Ireland's most marketable sport stars, the taxation benefits of playing sport in Ireland etc. isn't worth it - I would call it short termism.

Aki has done nothing wrong, every other country is exploiting the rules the way they are now so we have to as well. New Zealand literally harvest the talented islanders at a young age with scholarships etc. An Irishman just got the final three points for Italy in their game v Fiji.

Its two totally different points and they shouldn't be compared.

Comment

Well that's not what we usually do at all. Only ever conceded over 2 goals in one competitive game under MON and that includes plenty of better sides than Denmark.

What we usually do is defend with distinction but offer little going forward.
                      Do you think Ireland’s price is a little big considering their away form
                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

But Zebo has chosen to walk away, he knows the rules so unless hes deluded himself into thinking hes as crucial as the likes of Sexton and I don't think he has any issue with it.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                          Zebo has left the country robbing Ireland of management of his playing time and also ability to win games for an Irish club and attract punters to pay for tickets in this country. He will double his wage. Nothing unfair at all about the IRFU decision. He also plays in a position where he is replaceable without a serious drop off.

There is probably three players an exception would be made for and he is not one of them. Sexton, Murray and Furlong that is all.

Zebo has decided that an international career, an extended playing career due to the welfare programme, the potential to be one of Ireland's most marketable sport stars, the taxation benefits of playing sport in Ireland etc. isn't worth it - I would call it short termism.

Aki has done nothing wrong, every other country is exploiting the rules the way they are now so we have to as well. New Zealand literally harvest the talented islanders at a young age with scholarships etc. An Irishman just got the final three points for Italy in their game v Fiji.

Its two totally different points and they shouldn't be compared.
                          I realise they're completely unrelated but combination of both happening for the same game makes it feel jaring. One guy born and raised in Ireland, represented his club and country well over the past 8 years, coming out on twitter today saying how much he'd love to play. The other here a wet week, had zero Irish ties and only here for the same reason Zebo is leaving. May as well call us the barbarians.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                            Do you think Ireland’s price is a little big considering their away form
                            Probably. Would prefer to lay Denmark than back Ireland though.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

...Just treated myself to the Samsung Galaxy S8...It really is a sexy fucking phone...Really liking the edge but of it, makes things look so slick...

Comment

Scotland Samoa is the perfect autumn international

Comment

Zebo is not a true Irishman anyway, does even sunburn .

#notarascistfather

Come on the Ireland's. Win double .
                                  Last edited by Solksjaer!; 11-11-17, 16:18. Reason: Not zero

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                    any recommendations for a nice hotel (clean, convenient, only shopping trip) in Milan?

Thanks
                                    When ya going 2024?

Comment

I realise they're completely unrelated but combination of both happening for the same game makes it feel jaring. One guy born and raised in Ireland, represented his club and country well over the past 8 years, coming out on twitter today saying how much he'd love to play. The other here a wet week, had zero Irish ties and only here for the same reason Zebo is leaving. May as well call us the barbarians.
                                      He is here three years.Thats the rules look I feel more aggrieved a journey man like herring is in the squad. Some foreign player singing the national anthem does not make him irish either does giving them a passport saying paddy on it after 5 year here. Think the media are afraid Henshaw will be switched to 13 so no place for darling Ringrose.

Comment

Hey all, been a while. I am trying to post a blog in the blog section but there is no option to post a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                          either does giving them a passport saying paddy on it after 5 year here.
                                          If having an Irish passport isn't what makes you Irish what do you think does

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Born here freckles bad teeth. If I go and live in Mozambique abd after 5 years they give me a passport am I a Mozambiqian?

Comment

He is here three years.Thats the rules look I feel more aggrieved a journey man like herring is in the squad. Some foreign player singing the national anthem does not make him irish either does giving them a passport saying paddy on it after 5 year here. Think the media are afraid Henshaw will be switched to 13 so no place for darling Ringrose.
                                              I dunno, International rugby seems to becoming a best 15 of your national clubs regardless of birthplace. I feel a growing emotional disconnect from it, aside from the shitness of the sport that is
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                I very much doubt he gets given an Irish passport. Residency rule doesn't imply nationality gain or change.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                  Hey all, been a while. I am trying to post a blog in the blog section but there is no option to post a new thread.
                                                  It's an automatic thing but I have to add it. Send me a link by pm and I'll get it added at some point soon.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Aki first try 16/1
                                                      Aki two or more 20/1

And bet of the week Aki Motm 7/1

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          Cascarino apparently had zero Irish connection, and Aldridge was about as Irish as O'Bama.
                                                          We didn't have a blanket rule for excluding certain Irish players though.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

expect these bastards to be filthy as usual

Comment

Don't recall this outrage with any of the numerous others who've played for Ireland and not been born here (and with tenuous links to here). What's so different with Aki?

Comment

Anyone have a decent link for Wales v Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                  It's on bbc2

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                    It's on bbc2
                                                                    Yes but I only have one tele in the living room and that's showing the Irish match

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                      that Total Rugby App or w/e it's called made a stupid post and has heaped attention on the subject, this has been magnified by the Zebo issue.
                                                                      Its a complete storm in a teacup. Hope he scores a hattrick today and no one else gets a look in for the next 2 years

Comment

If I go and live in Mozambique abd after 5 years they give me a passport am I a Mozambiqian?
                                                                        Yup. If you use a Mozambican passport then you are indeed, by definition Mozambican.

Comment

Bunde O'Aki just killed his first Bok

Comment

Who approved these sets of jerseys?! Not half clashing

Comment

Ireland should be in white surely

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                Ireland should be in white surely
                                                                                One of them will surely switch at HT

Comment

It's on iPlayer

Comment

Yep, so hard to tell them apart on TV, just heard the same message from someone at the game.

Comment

Don't recall this outrage with any of the numerous others who've played for Ireland and not been born here (and with tenuous links to here). What's so different with Aki?
                                                                                      There was plenty similar talk about stander

Comment

Who approved a grey jersey full stop.absolutely mank

Comment

Shocking , making it very hard to watch imo.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                            Shocking , making it very hard to watch imo.
                                                                                            Ah, at least they have different coloured shorts.
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                              Ah, at least they have different coloured shorts.
                                                                                              Ya but even that isn't very obvious from the aerial views.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                Ya but even that isn't very obvious from the aerial views.
                                                                                                I was mostly thinking they all have lovely bottoms

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                  I was mostly thinking they all have lovely bottoms
                                                                                                  Theres none of them lads shopping in Topman.

Comment

Was in Beshoff's in Clontarf there. Seems Clontarf is the coeliac capital of the world. Also, the potato room is in fact called the 'food prep area' which was disappointing.

Also, O'Brien's are selling 6 Spaten Oktoberfest for €10 which is ridiculous value. Felt like something of an alco coming out with a staff member pushing my order on a hand trolley.

Was at a wedding in lolcork yesterday. Got a pretty sweet tailored suit to keep for being a groomsman.

#sockwankers

That concludes my contribution.

Comment

Younger son works in an Irish bar in Copenhagen sounds like hes had enough already. Its been crazy there since early yesterday morning.

Comment

Ireland beat what was put in front of them there. Which was pitiful, given the Bok's heritage.

Do not carried away with this imo

Comment

Anyone have a link for the football? (Rte player not an option)

Comment

And that is what happens when someone tells you 50% of your team must be a certain race regardless of how good they are!

Comment

Doing well to see any sport tbf. Pyjama party in progress with a dozen screaming 11 y/o.

They're at that wierd age where they veer from 6 to 16 and back again about five times a minute.

I'm drinking wine, eating pate and surreptitiously on Sky Go.

Comment

Ireland beat what was put in front of them there. Which was pitiful, given the Bok's heritage.

Ah, we still looked really good though! Rock solid defence, good attack. I won't get carried away but it's not like we could have beaten them any more comprehensively (we are not the All Blacks... just yet )

Comment

Shameful really from such a good rugby nation. The least you would expect off then is to beat the shit out of you. Just 10 years ago they won the World Cup had savage players Bakkies Botha Matfield John Smit Habana Fourie Du Oreez and a menacing bench. Now they are god awful one spirited loss to the all blacks aside there rubbish.

Comment

Thank Christ we left Denmark with a point

Comment

The fog game away to Bosnia in the last playoff was a better spectacle.

Comment

You heard it here first.
                                                                                                                        I got the kicking it up in the air bit right.

Jaysis, Denmark are nearly as shite as us though. What happened to dem Laudrups?

Comment

Listening to 'Flat Baroque and Berserk', seems strange that it's from 1970.

Roy Harper - Flat, Baroque And Berserk (1970)Join us ---- https://www.facebook.com/groups/pyramidmtm/ and share the music you love!We do not own anything of ...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X