Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 01-05-17, 22:34   #981
angle_grinder

You might be right in that both players assumed it was miss. Yan pointed out it wasn't a miss.

Then he had to point it out again to Selby.

Then he had to point it out a third time to Selby.

He certainly showed he can put the pressure on referee's as well as opponets.
angle_grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-17, 22:42   #982
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
Eh, both players had assumed it was a miss, Selby asked for it to be replaced and then the ref pointed out it wasn't a miss. No stick to beat Selby with there.
It's just the Selby hate blinding the Ronnie lovers.

How can this call be right or wrong tbh. Selby thinks it hit, Jan thought it didn't. You could watch it 20 times and still not make your mind up. I think it hits because it looks to rock, but that could easily be the lighting

As for the green, i'm sure it's not a miss, but caught up in the action after a foul, then i probably would have looked for it to replaced too.

There's a famous shot from Ronnie v Higgins years ago where Ronnie makes a technical foul while going for a colour, and no miss is called so the choice is for Ronnie or Higgins to play a red. The miss rule changed after this, but it was a tough call for Jan

Although, the shot here at 1:02 from Trump where he miscues and hits the blue is called a miss by Jan. Is it a miss? Is it just a foul? If you had 2 misses at a clear red, and you miscued on the 3rd attempt, should it be called a miss and you lose the frame?
The miss rule is an abomination tbh.

Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 01-05-17, 23:00   #983
angle_grinder

Higgins shot on the Green wasn't call a miss because he actually hit the object ball

If you don't hit an object ball it will be called a miss whether it is a miscue or not.

The Ronnie/Higgins incident was an anomaly in the rules at the time from what I can see.
angle_grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 11:58   #984
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account

Location: In the heart of Transylvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame Yeah.
Quite like the look of the 2/1 USA in this weeks Mosconi Cup, not withstanding that Europe have won the last 5 editions by 11-3 or suchlike.
https://www.oddschecker.com/pool/mosconi-cup/winner

For whatever reasons Europe have made 4 changes to last years team and line up as Jason Shaw, Ralf Souquet, Nick Van Der Berg, David Alcaide and Joshua Filler (debutant). Looks a lot weaker than last year when there was Nils Feijen and Albin Ouschan. Alcaide and NVdB are ropey, Souquet veers from solid to shakey, Shaw is a brilliant nutcase, know nothing about Filler.

USA (now 'managed' by the Dutch lad who was Europe captain for 10 years) are Shane Van Boening, Skyler Woodward, Dennis Hatch, Oscar Dominguez and Billy Thorpe (debutant). For balance has to said Hatch and Dominguez have been consistently terrible in this event, SvB too but surely he's too good not to get it right eventually.

I think Europe will win, but with home venue, the strange captain thing and the weaker Europe team its probably more of a 4/6 6/4 match up imo.
ArmaniJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 04-12-17, 12:07   #985
The Situation
Champ Champ

Speaking of backable outsiders I've put a bit on Dott here at 4's hoping Judd shows his usual big tournament jitters that's plagued him last few years.
Old 04-12-17, 13:56   #986
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
Quite like the look of the 2/1 USA in this weeks Mosconi Cup, not withstanding that Europe have won the last 5 editions by 11-3 or suchlike.
https://www.oddschecker.com/pool/mosconi-cup/winner

For whatever reasons Europe have made 4 changes to last years team and line up as Jason Shaw, Ralf Souquet, Nick Van Der Berg, David Alcaide and Joshua Filler (debutant). Looks a lot weaker than last year when there was Nils Feijen and Albin Ouschan. Alcaide and NVdB are ropey, Souquet veers from solid to shakey, Shaw is a brilliant nutcase, know nothing about Filler.

USA (now 'managed' by the Dutch lad who was Europe captain for 10 years) are Shane Van Boening, Skyler Woodward, Dennis Hatch, Oscar Dominguez and Billy Thorpe (debutant). For balance has to said Hatch and Dominguez have been consistently terrible in this event, SvB too but surely he's too good not to get it right eventually.

I think Europe will win, but with home venue, the strange captain thing and the weaker Europe team its probably more of a 4/6 6/4 match up imo.
They changed up the qualifying system a bit, Darren Appleton is promoting his own ‘World pool series’ in New York so the likes of him, Melling,Boyes haven’t played enough qualifying events
Old 04-12-17, 14:19   #987
The Situation
Champ Champ

Masters, UK Champs, World's, Head to Heads v Finkle, the bigger the occasion, the greater the lay Trump becomes
Old 19-12-17, 12:53   #988
rounders123

I would recommend a hefty wager on Christopher Keogan at scratch to beat Nigel Bond in the German qualifiers today 2.30pm (best of 9).
He's coming to the boil, beat Nigel 4-0 most recently and starting to score heavy. Nigel seems to be going the other direction recently.
rounders123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-17, 19:11   #989
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounders123 View Post
I would recommend a hefty wager on Christopher Keogan at scratch to beat Nigel Bond in the German qualifiers today 2.30pm (best of 9).
He's coming to the boil, beat Nigel 4-0 most recently and starting to score heavy. Nigel seems to be going the other direction recently.
This will sound like aftertiming but I’m only seeing this now. Keogan is by a distance the worst professional I’ve ever seen. How this fella is on the tour is amazing.
Old 19-12-17, 19:48   #990
rounders123

He was 2-0 up!. Bond isn't getting breaks but boa constricted him was enough. You could be right.
rounders123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 13:12   #991
Hooch

Ronnie on a different planet at the moment currently 4 - 0 against Fu with 3 centuries. All in under an hour. Davis and Hendry saying hes unplayable like this and the greatest the sport has ever seen. Truly enjoyable to watch.
Hooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 16-01-18, 15:56   #992
TM2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
Ronnie on a different planet at the moment currently 4 - 0 against Fu with 3 centuries. All in under an hour. Davis and Hendry saying hes unplayable like this and the greatest the sport has ever seen. Truly enjoyable to watch.
When he's in this mood it's light out for all
TM2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 16:22   #993
Hooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2204 View Post
When he's in this mood it's light out for all
Won 6 - 0 in 82 minutes.
His interviews are also a joy and as you said depending on his mood, today he stated that hes not feeling well and dizzy to which Davis said wish i got sick like you and he reckons that he needs more magnesium in his diet.
Thanks From:
Old 18-01-18, 14:00   #994
Hooch

O Sullivan beaten 6 - 1 by Allen.
Ronnie looked like a man that didnt want to be there.
But still not trying to take away from Marks play he was very good.
Old 18-01-18, 17:44   #995
ferg

Quote:
O Sullivan beaten 6 - 1 by Allen.
Ronnie looked like a man that didnt want to be there.
But still not trying to take away from Marks play he was very good.
"From my perspective I can rest up now and get ready for my next event. I had to show up, if I was a football player I would have missed this game.

"I'm struggling, I don't know if it's a virus, I've had it before and it's very difficult, I gave it a go."

From the man himself
ferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-18, 06:45   #996
The Situation
Champ Champ

Murphy should be fav against Trump today imo. Murphy's got to the final of all the big money events this season such as Uk Champs, China Champs and Champion of Champions, so he's raising his game for the big occasions. Trump continues to struggle badly in the bigger ones in recent years.
Old 19-01-18, 07:56   #997
Kim Huybrechts
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
Murphy should be fav against Trump today imo. Murphy's got to the final of all the big money events this season such as Uk Champs, China Champs and Champion of Champions, so he's raising his game for the big occasions. Trump continues to struggle badly in the bigger ones in recent years.
Murphy is the perfect opponent for Trump these days though, Trump doesn’t look happy at all in slow cagey games he just wants to have a bang. Murphy is far too attacking sometimes, normally I’d be all for taking trump on but I think he will smash Murphy
Old 11-02-18, 18:49   #998
Hooch

Really like the blue ball Shoot out in the event of a tie game at the Snooker shoot out. Such a fun tournament although I wouldnt like to see one every week.
Old 11-02-18, 18:53   #999
zuutroy
Minor Local Celebrity

Quote:
Really like the blue ball Shoot out in the event of a tie game at the Snooker shoot out. Such a fun tournament although I wouldnt like to see one every week.
I think it's an abomination of a yoke. It tries to make snooker everything it isn't and shouldn't be.
Old 11-02-18, 19:04   #1000
Hooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuutroy View Post
I think it's an abomination of a yoke. It tries to make snooker everything it isn't and shouldn't be.
I do see your point and thats why I did say that I wouldnt like to see one every week.
The tournament is aimed at increasing viewership numbers and tries to preceive the game in a different light.
Surely you could agree that a shoot clock needs to be introduced in more tournament even if its only 60 seconds.

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling