Three live hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three live hands

Three hands from the UKIPT side event (€330). Pretty happy about each but just wanted to see how other people would approach them - they were pivotal in rise and fall of stack on the day, and its good to have a different perspective on the stuff you take for granted.

So

Hand 1:

Blinds 500/1000 with antes. Just moved to new table, this is literally second or third hand there.

Folded to me in button (55k approx, 2 1/2 times average stackwith) with AQo

I raise to 2.5k

SB (30k ish) calls
    BB (25k ish) calls

Flop (8.5k):

A 4 6 with two spades. I have no spade.

SB checks, BB leads for 2.5k

I flat. Was at prior table with BB up to this and he donk bet two very strong hands in spots like this. He is also easily read and if I'm behind on turn I'll know, and he'll pay me off with lesser aces on turn and river.

SB then check raises to 8k. BB folds

Hero calls after a short dwell.

Turn (27k ish):

another (non spade) 4.

Villain checks immediately, hero checks.

River:

non spade 10

Villain fiddles with chips for about 30 secs then leads for 12k. Villain is old, 50s / 60s, and not the kind of old, half pissed, horse racing fan who turns up for these things. He has a card protector from Ladbrokes Killarney game in 2009 and is completely impassive throughout the hand.

Hand 2:

Takes place about 5 hands after hand one. I have raised the hand immediately after hand one and took it down after flop.

Blinds still 500 / 1000 / 100

I raise to 2.5k EMP with AJ o

Folded to lad in small or big blind (playing 25k, I cover ) who raises to 5.8k after a short dwell.

Villain looks like internet type player, over sized headphones. He seems pretty gamey and when I arrived at the table he was taking down a pot post flop after winning a raising war. He has also since raised / 3 - bet / insta folded from LP after one of the blinds played back at him.

Basically he seems capable of playing back at me light and prob thinks, given I've arrived at the table with a big stack and this is the third hand I've been involved with in the one round I've been here, prob thinks that I'm at it.

Folded back to hero.

Hero's action?

Comment

Hand 3

Blinds 600 / 1200 / 100

New player is moved to the table, is playing about 45 - 50k and more or less his first or second hand raises to 2.6k from EMP.

I'm playing 60k approx look down at QQ on the button and raise to 6k. Villain calls after a short dwell.

Flop 15k

4 6 8 with two spades

Villain checks I lead for 6k, villain calls after a short dwell.

Turn 27k

non spade 5

Villain checks, I lead for 8k, villain calls.

River

Another 6 and a third spade

Villain dwells for about 30 seconds then spends another 30 secs assembling chips before leading for 12k.

Hero?
      More interested in earlier streets as river decision is pretty easy.

Edit: Long distance soul read info - villain is wearing a UKIPT t-shirt from a previous event

Comment

Hand 1 fold flop to check raise, once you called given the board run out I checked turn I would definitely call river. I would fold the flop because you don't really know where you are, and even if you have the best hand you can easily get blown off it.

Comment

Hand 2 given your read I'd shove.

Hand 3 Check back turn, no need to bloat the pot on an awkward board. Your hand looks like AK then (or missed overs anyway) and you can call his bet on the river.

Comment

Hand 1: Pretty easy call on the river. Expect worse Ax and busted draws here some especially after the turn check since villain should know we have either a draw or Ax having called the raise so wont be giving us a free card here with his strong hands. Also he doesn't rep very many hands that have us beat and his bet is quite small. Wouldn't fold to the flop c/r either as it looks like too good a spot for villain to squeeze in a BTN vs Blinds dynamic with ranges a lot wider than Ax.

Hand 2: I probably shove given read that he likes to 3b and his raise is just a ridiculous sizing OOP.

Hand 3: I probably check the turn then reevaluate on the river, calling mostly if I expect villain to bet JJ-99 in the same spot.
            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

1. half the time i fold to C/R the other half i call down.
              2. i shove
              3. i fold river

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                Hand 3 Check back turn, no need to bloat the pot on an awkward board. Your hand looks like AK then (or missed overs anyway) and you can call his bet on the river.
                I like the second part of this, because it induces bluffs, but given he is most likely on a straight / flush draw, am I not missing a lot of value by not betting prior to him missing? And letting him get there for free. And similarly missing value if he has a middley pocket pair?

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post

Hand 2: I probably shove given read that he likes to 3b and his raise is just a ridiculous sizing OOP.
                  What does his sizing tell us about his range though, given that our impression is that he knows what he's at?

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                    I like the second part of this, because it induces bluffs, but given he is most likely on a straight / flush draw, am I not missing a lot of value by not betting prior to him missing? And letting him get there for free. And similarly missing value if he has a middley pocket pair?
                    The board is 4568, you want to keep the pot as small as possible. Very easy to be behind or have someone represent the 7

Comment

Hand 1 - Fold the flop to the check raise, the way you got to the river call and pray

Hand 2 - Fold, even if he is young and aggressive not many people 3bet fold those stack sizes he has 25bb if he didnt want a call id imagine he'd shove.

Hand 3 - Check back the turn to call river. Dont be worried about the flush draw so much, imo his range is more weighted towards 77-JJ than just spades

Comment

1. Very villain dependent. Could raise, call, or fold to his RR on the flop and call or fold as played depending on the info I have put together on this guy. Unfortunate that it is only three hands in. In this case I fold to RR against unknown.

2. Fold.

3. Check back on turn and call river.

I find tee-shirts, headphones and card protectors and the like to be poor indicators of playing style. Hard info from previous hands is your only man.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                        X