Stats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats?

Im new enough to poker and iv never used Pokertracker or holdem manager.

Iv noticed on here when someone is talking about another player in a hand they might say something like, he was playing 20/10/5, or something like that. What does this mean? How do you use this to your advantage?

Im sorry if this type of thing is asked here alot.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking

if they say 20/10/5, it means they put chips into a pot willingly (so not counting blinds) 20% of hands, they raise 10% of hands and when there has been a raise in front of them they 3 bet 5% of the time.
    Basically, you can tell if the player is a fish, tight, loose, etc from the stats and alter the range of hands you choose to play against different players based on the stats

Comment

Originally posted by bogmonster1 View Post
      if they say 20/10/5, it means they put chips into a pot willingly (so not counting blinds) 20% of hands, they raise 10% of hands and when there has been a raise in front of them they 3 bet 5% of the time.
      Basically, you can tell if the player is a fish, tight, loose, etc from the stats and alter the range of hands you choose to play against different players based on the stats
      I was googling it online for ages and every where i look it says the third stat is Aggression factor and that it applys to post flop too
      "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking

Comment

sorry, ya usually there are 4 figures, so the 4th figure is usually the number that represents how often a person 3 bets. The 3rd figure is the aggression factor as you have said.
        Aggression factor is calculated based on how often you bet/raise to how often you call post flop.
        But hopefully someone else here can explain it better than me as I've only started using these recently.

Comment

Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
          My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Working...
          X