Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
    4/5 into 2/5?? jesus!!

You do know home advantage is about 1/4 a goal. So if this game was on in St pats youd have them -2.2.5 goals?
    which is about 1.15

Galway cant be this bad??
    well they have a team of amateur players that have never played top flight football, never played a competitive match in Terryland and have only been together less than 2 weeks.

Obv I was exaggerating with how low I'm willing to back Pats but its a lump on for me surely

Comment

Betting preview for the league in tomorrow's Racing Post btw...........

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
        Betting preview for the league in tomorrow's Racing Post btw...........
        be very interested on who's writing it!
        GAA News Website

Comment

be very interested on who's writing it!
          Johnny Ward at a guess.

Comment

Rovers have been slow starters under O'Neill the past 2 seasons and with Dundalk having already played 2 very competitve games they could catch them on the bounce. Rovers also had a very poor record against this shower last season too. 4s in PP and Hillsl. I may play it safe though and back Dundalk on the handicap @ 11/10 with Stan James.

Comment

Rovers have been slow starters under O'Neill the past 2 seasons and with Dundalk having already played 2 very competitve games they could catch them on the bounce. Rovers also had a very poor record against this shower last season too. 4s in PP and Hillsl. I may play it safe though and back Dundalk on the handicap @ 11/10 with Stan James.
              Just lay them on betfair and give yourself a 5/4 bet, if you want

This match could go anyway. Will be a brilliant game though

Wont be backing Pats below 1.8 and wouldnt mind a bit bigger on sligo

going to be sitting out most games though as the price has moved on most (shels being the main one here)
              GAA News Website

Comment

bohs look a little short too - be interesting to see how they start
                GAA News Website

Comment

We have a young lad in goal and Fenlon is suspended. Really depends on just how bad Bray are, I'd be confident of a win but not backing it.

Have Shels at 11/8, Limerick at evens and Pats 8/11.

Comment

Value in laying Bustos @ 2.5 on Betfair?

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                      Wouldn't go piling in myself.

No real bets bar small two small singles on Cork@1.6 and Pats @1.85

Comment

sligo good to go in a draw no betish market from match odds.

like pats drift
                        GAA News Website

Comment

Joined you guys on Shels tomorrow night. GL with bets.
                          Last edited by The Situation; 04-03-11, 19:44.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                            Nope, didnt see it through in the end thank God.

Dont feel comfortable making any bets yet, too early to make any sort of assessment.

Shamrock Rovers got a team of alot of potential there. McCabe, Finn sticking out although cant see Finn winning mnay 50/50's

Comment

Shels to win the FAI Cup is worth a small bet. Our squad would comfortably finish midtable in the premier division and our manager has a great cup record. 50s is well worth a couple of € E/W. Should be 28s or 33s at most.

Shelbourne @ 50/1

Comment

4/5 into 2/5?? jesus!!

You do know home advantage is about 1/4 a goal. So if this game was on in St pats youd have them -2.2.5 goals?
                                which is about 1.15

Galway cant be this bad??

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                  you cant just say theyre a bet regardless, only get burned long term in irish football. A Sean Connor team, with home advantage, and 5 late signings that bolstered his squad well. Also with the First game of the season status to it (we all remember dundalk getting a 93rd minute winner in first game versus a far worse bray team than this galway team)

I liked them anything from 1.8 or higher - which they were! happy days on the win for both of us, but i hope you get my point
                                  GAA News Website

Comment

you cant just say theyre a bet regardless, only get burned long term in irish football. A Sean Connor team, with home advantage, and 5 late signings that bolstered his squad well. Also with the First game of the season status to it (we all remember dundalk getting a 93rd minute winner in first game versus a far worse bray team than this galway team)

I liked them anything from 1.8 or higher - which they were! happy days on the win for both of us, but i hope you get my point
                                    Ah i was only being a wretch for the reaction. obv you have a far better line on this than i do. Genuinely was just trying to wind you up.

long searon to go

Comment

Standout price of the weekend.

Longford 17/10 away to Wexford. (Boyles)

Joining 2 pieces of form together.

Longford supposedly impressive on Saturday night vs Shels (Raheny Red confirm????) & Wexford very limited judged by performance against City on Friday.

Loss of Conor Sinnott and Gary Sheahan are massive and they have not found any replacements of that caliber based on their performance on Friday. Don't think they even had a shot on goal.....

Comment

Match report and highlights of the Longford - Shels game, check out the second Shels goal to clinch it

http://shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1768

I wasn't too impress by Longford tbh, Shels were quite poor and we made them look good at times. They played with a lone striker, who looks very dangerous btw, but the balls into him were poor so it made it very difficult for the lad. I wouldn't fancy getting stuck into teams outside of the 'top 4' in this division just yet. However, you seen Youths at the weekend so don't let me put you off.

Bwin are first to price up LoI First Division games and there will be weeks to catch this shower out no doubt. They currently have Cork City @ 7/10 away to Mervue, that worth a nibble AH?

Comment

boyles are up 1.6 cork

Bwin are whores to get money on and off with. Charging you a 2% depending on what form of deposit you use
                                          GAA News Website

Comment

By all accounts Mervue have improved past Salthill so that is a bit of an unknown. But, put it this way it will be very disappointed if we don't pick up 3 points.

Our first 11 is strong(injuries and suspensions will be key this season) and we have Derek O'Brien back in the mix after suspension. Should have put up a number on Wexford but for some poor finishing and good goalkeeping.

Comment

I think If you could get someone to help lift the burden of goals from Cummins then cork would have a very good chance.
                                              Who else do you rate on that team AH? vital cogs??

Mervue have got relatively better, still definetly the second worse team. Salt hill hasnt improved in the slightest, should get thumped by most teams

Interested in big price on Derry. Think a few of the prem teams a little too short also
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Derry definitely the bet of the week. Bray prob too big at 19/2, will have a small bet.

Comment

Dundalk -1 @ 13/10 worth a gallop? And I'm tempted by the 15/8 treble of Pats, Bohs, and Dundalk.

Comment

derry and waterford (draw no bet)
                                                    Are the only ones im doing

would like cork a bit bigger
                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

having some of longford too, but a smaller bet on this
                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

There really is not much value this week is there

Comment

Small bit on Derry and nice bit on Cork.
                                                          Waterford interest me but I'll stay away

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                            Derry definitely the bet of the week. Bray prob too big at 19/2, will have a small bet.
                                                            Nice one. Came back from 2 down.

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                            Small bit on Derry and nice bit on Cork.
                                                            Waterford interest me but I'll stay away
                                                            Ugh Cork conceded in the 80th min to a terrible goal.

Comment

was at bohs game

Opinions on it oscar?
                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

was at bohs game

Opinions on it oscar?
                                                                The fixture list is perfect for us, its going to take us a while to gel but so far so good. Fagan and Flood looking very good up front, the defence have been shakey up to now but mopped up well in the second half. I was happy with the performance, still have Bayley, Burns and Cronin to come in aswell. Think we can only get better and should finish 3rd or 4th.

Unblinkered opinion Donal?

Comment

regards finishing third, no chance!

I thought you's were very unimaginative in the centre. Bayly may help this, although id really hate if my team had to rely on a nutter like him.

Bisto works hard up front, you know you'll always get that from him but against the stronger centre backs in the league i dont think he'l feature at all. Wasnt too impressed with Fagan although i heard he was a bit better last week. His touch seemed to be off.

Rossiter and Dixon linked up well on the right. Rossiter seemed very good and this was your best for of attack. Dixon is your typical right winger, seems to have a bundle of talent and the right attitude too. I think he could be a big player for you's this season.

Burn will be a big addition too. Him and price in centre, with cahill dropped do you think?
                                                                  I think bohs will do reasonably well, but you have to remember who you were playing tonight. Their defence was very poor. Both full backs were poor on the ball, and arent even over 5ft6. Their centre backs were a bit green behind the ear and the space they gave the forwards may have flattered their actual ability. Droghs centre mid had 2 stone on him and apart from their #7 they lacked any inventiveness at all, yet still had a few half chances to sneak a draw.

Brennan was the best player on the park this evening class wise on paper, yet three of his corners didnt even beat the first man and his set piece free kicks were dismal. If he could sort his attitude then he may have a chance to be instrumental to their season.

With such a weak panel Bohs will never be able to do much. A bunch of journey men who will probably be more likely to throw a game, than but their head were they shouldnt. Bohs are just a few players off challenging for top 4.

With such limited players set pieces will be their best chance of scoring and i think they could cause some upsets yet will also be shown up against the better teams.

They could of won tonight by 3 but thats more a sign of how bad drogheda are.
                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Bisto is the biggest example of a confidence player as I've ever seen, Bohs season may hinge on him running good in certain spots. On form he'll bang in 13 goals in 15 games kind of runs easily, he'll also have 0 goals in 15 games runs and these will usually involve him getting himself sent off, if luck goes his way when times threaten to get bad he'll bang in goals, if he goes on a bad run he may struggle to recover. One of the most frustrating players you'll ever see.
                                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Yea, Fagan has been very impressive up till tonight, got nothing off the ref which didnt help. It was Dixon who failed to beat the first man with a lot of those corners by the way. Next week will be a big test away to Dundalk. Our starting 11 once available should be

Murphy
                                                                      Heary Burns Price O'Brien
                                                                      Dixon Bayly Cronin Brennan
                                                                      Flood Fagan

A very experienced keeper and back 4, shouldnt be letting much past them but lack pace big time. 2 defensive centre mids who will be hard to break down but wont offer much going forward so the wings will be relied on a lot. As I said earlier Flood and Fagan looking good, can see Fagan back in England soon enough if he keeps it up. Then there's Rossi and Cahill in backup along with 4 or 5 from last seasons A team who are looking very impressive. With the budget we have we should be finishing at the very least top 5. Sligo and Shams are far better but there's not too much between Pats, Dundalk, Derry and Bohs.

Comment

dixons first 3 corners in the second half dropped short - but im referring to brennans left sided ones in the first half. The set pieces he hit were terrible too, hit wall or over hit a lot of them
                                                                        Was really impressed with rossiter tonight and would be surprised if he isnt in the starting line up for your full strength team.

Next week should tell a lot for you's. Id fancy that you'll get a lot of change from your right hand side and with the correct delivery into the box you could get a goal or two. Nathan murphy very weak left back and ross gaynor is excellent going forward but wont track back a lot. This should be exploited by bohs. Also they are relatively light in centre mid although good ball players
                                                                        With how quigley is playing for them id say theyll have enough to beat you's and a point would be a brilliant result for bohs.

Dundalk will be 10/11 id imagine, and id be backing them over evens. Although cherrie missing for them is important

Really though oscar i wouldnt get too worked up by that team, limited in the middle and arent as good as pats or dundalk or derry

suppose time will tell but top 4 would be a brilliant achievement for this team
                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

As long as they keep giving 100% I'll be happy.

Comment

yeh thats all you can ask for this season. Team of lads working hard and being competitive in every game, bringing a little pride back to the club

Hopefully you's do well - good luck for the season
                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

#98
                                                                              Galway were unlucky tonight. deserved something from the game imo

Comment

#99
                                                                                I think If you could get someone to help lift the burden of goals from Cummins then cork would have a very good chance.
                                                                                Who else do you rate on that team AH? vital cogs??
                                                                                Sorry didn't see this Q?

Gearoid Morrisey who came back from Blackburn last season is very good. Played out wide right in mervue he would be better seen in midfield. Danny Murphy is proven quality in the league and Stephen Mulcahy will be really important to us in defence.

Big question marks remain over the reign of Tommy Dunne. Gave him the benefit of the doubt last season because of the poor preparation pre season but judging by the first couple of games the same worries are there.

There doesn't seem to be a gameplan if things are not going our way. The team does not push on when it gets a lead goal. He is loyal to players that have continued to disappoint.

In spite of all that if Cummins continues on from last season we will be challenging.

Comment

Tough week, Derry at 4/5 looks the best of it. Athlone at Salthill at 10/11maybe.

Comment

all signs are that dundalk will keep drifting . . . ill be getting knee deep in this

oh and i like free money too, so might go to drogheda to cheer on the boyos
                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Got Shels 1/2 earlier in the week. Happy with that.

I think Derry/Shamrock are decent bets.

Gonna chance my arm and lay Mons away to Finn Harps.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                        Got Shels 1/2 earlier in the week. Happy with that.

I think Derry/Shamrock are decent bets.

Gonna chance my arm and lay Mons away to Finn Harps.
                                                                                        Fuck you Derry throwing away a 2 goal lead and a clean sweep for me.

Comment

Shels almost blew a four goal lead too, Wexford hit the post with a free kick with 15 minutes to go at 4-2
                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Awful stuff from us, a heroic Jekyll & Hyde performance. Big sweat for the -1 backers. 2/2 so far but conceding 3 goals against midtable sides is very poor. We need to tighten up at the back big time.

Comment

the goals expectancy of the start of the season is really living up to what has been billed

Ive nearly recovered from the crippling hangover that was derry not winning.

Anything we like this weekend?
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Anything we like this weekend?
                                                                                                Not really, Cork at 8/13 and Rovers at 5/4 maybe.

Bray are big at 11/4 aswell, UCD are nowhere near the side they were last year.

Comment

Not really, Cork at 8/13 and Rovers at 5/4 maybe.

Bray are big at 11/4 aswell, UCD are nowhere near the side they were last year.
                                                                                                  yeh looks nice on cork - although they havnt performed much this year

rovers will get a little bigger id guess - theyre on fire now. could do a lot worse that back them

ucd seem to be finding their feet - so i'd say their still vulnerable here. Their keeper seems unreal
                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

While Cork are 3/3 with a hat trick of 1-0 wins I'd be wary of backing them away from home against a side who'll be out to keep the score down......

Comment

While Cork are 3/3 with a hat trick of 1-0 wins I'd be wary of backing them away from home against a side who'll be out to keep the score down......
                                                                                                      1-0, 1-1, 1-0.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                        1-0, 1-1, 1-0.
                                                                                                        Indeed, I remember seeing the Star as having 1-0 for the Mervue game and it just stuck in my head.

Comment

athlone are so bad its unreal. only a little better than mervue - with salthill bringing in up the ugly rear on their lonesome

longford one of the more under rated teams . . . fwiw
                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Did you go to Drogs last week Donal? Awful Derry or good from Drogheda? Bohs seemed well worth their point at Dundalk by all accounts.

Comment

Did you go to Drogs last week Donal? Awful Derry or good from Drogheda? Bohs seemed well worth their point at Dundalk by all accounts.
                                                                                                              dundalk had stone cold peno turned down. Ended up going off draw no bet which is crazy i think

didnt go no - wasteful derry along with them tuning out for 20 mins was messy . . . sligo will hammer drog
                                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

dundalk had stone cold peno turned down. Ended up going off draw no bet which is crazy i think

didnt go no - wasteful derry along with them tuning out for 20 mins was messy . . . sligo will hammer drog
                                                                                                                Should have been a free to Bohs just before it tho.

Comment

yeh looks nice on cork - although they havnt performed much this year

rovers will get a little bigger id guess - theyre on fire now. could do a lot worse that back them

ucd seem to be finding their feet - so i'd say their still vulnerable here. Their keeper seems unreal
                                                                                                                  If Cork sign someone to sit in the hole who can add 10/11 goals a season they'll be right up there. Athlone are pretty terrible though so you'd still have to fancy Cork.

Haven't made my mind up about Derry yet and that price for Rovers could look very big post game.

U.C.D are 2/5 draw no bet now with PP and Hills. Can't see Bray winning but U.C.D may find scoring difficult. Their keeper is Ger Barron a lad from Limerick went to Celtic at 17 but hated Glasgow and found it hard to get into Youth/Reserve teams at Celtic.

Comment

“We’ve got good options, but today we decided to go the little bit more direct and it worked.”

Quote from Tommy Dunne after the 1-0 victory over Limerick on Friday.

......

The reality was that we scored a nice goal with a bit of great individual wing play from Derek O'Brien. The rest was the usual incoherent rubbish. Greg O'Halloran chief culprit in giving the ball back to Limerick.

The final 20 minutes had basically our whole team on the edge of our own penalty area as we invited Limerick to attack us. This was a feature of last season as well and lead to a of late goals against us.

No surprise that we performed better away from home last season with these tactics.

There is some real quality in this team. Candau, O'Brien, Morrissey, Duggan are all quality on the ball but if the ball is sailing over their heads they can't show their stuff.

Comment

Shels to win the FAI Cup is worth a small bet. Our squad would comfortably finish midtable in the premier division and our manager has a great cup record. 50s is well worth a couple of € E/W. Should be 28s or 33s at most.

Shelbourne @ 50/1
                                                                                                                      Into 25s now. Fingers crossed for a few handy draws along the way

Comment

Going with

Cork City to win

2-0 11/2
                                                                                                                        3-0 10/1

Athlone down to bear bones by all accounts

Comment

cork shitty!!!!

did you go to it apple?
                                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X