Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had an entire 2 day work jolly there, with no physical cash used whatsoever from house to home again. Very liberating must say, in a year or 2 no wallet either i suspect, just phone will be enough.
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Hey, so when I was in Dublin Ryanair cancelled my flight about 12 hours before departure and there was no alternative flights available as they only fly to Nantes quite rarely.

The fckers didn't tell me I was entitled to compensation under EU law for this (in addition to the flight cost refund), but I am amn't I? The law is actually extremely clear on the matter as far as I've read it. Think it adds up to €250 as its a shortish flight.

Now there's a difference between the law and actually getting EU261 compensation from Ryanair. Has anyone ever successfully extracted compensation from them for a last-minute cancelled flight?

Predictably they have a form (which they don't seem to link to from other parts of the website), as think they were forced to put it up, but when you type your details in it shows an error.

So I've shot them off an email.
      refundme.in helps air passenger to claim compensation for overbooked, denied boarding & cancelled flight. Check flight status & book cab at airports with refundme.in.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        They will tremble in fear and capitulate instantly.
        Hopefully he let them know he was a big deal on the internet. That always works for me*.

*works 50% of the time everytime. results not guaranteed.
        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I presume the lads are trolling mdoug in the horsey thread? If not they are coming across very badly.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
            I presume the lads are trolling mdoug in the horsey thread? If not they are coming across very badly.

Opr
            I presumed the same but its not looking like that. If they are they need to let him know straight away. Not much point telling him when all his horses have lost !!!

Comment

Doug is sound.

Comment

oops... Dougie.

Ninja edit...lol
                Last edited by oleras; 16-03-17, 15:41.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Poor Mdoug, I would have been greetin at this stage, I hope you all enjoyed having a laugh at his expense.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                    Poor Mdoug, I would have been greetin at this stage, I hope you all enjoyed having a laugh at his expense.
                    Cliffs?

Comment

Raoul is a Gazman

fk Doug if he cant take a joke (I think this is the preferred IPB line no?)

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        Cliffs?
                        Over in the Cheltenham thread

Comment

Over in the Cheltenham thread
                          That defeats the purpose of asking for cliffs.

Comment

A cool house for someone looking for a bargain in Dublin!

Comment

That defeats the purpose of asking for cliffs.
                              I doubt I could do it justice to explain. One of the other more eloquent posters will be along shortly.

Comment

Cliffs?
                                Doug made life difficult for RD3 by not formatting his tables right, RD trolled him, then both threw toys out of pram.

Comment

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for...ublin-1408769/
                                  Class. Ideal if you were opening a brothel too, ready to go. Do genuinely like it

Andyfb, here you go, plus lots of money for Vegas.
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Is that a tanning thing in the kitchen?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                      Is that a tanning thing in the kitchen?
                                      Looks like it, can't see the kitchen properly for the stand up tan thing. Silly idiots lol

Comment

Ah its great. Keep the working girls happy too during quieter times. I love the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Now there's a difference between the law and actually getting EU261 compensation from Ryanair. Has anyone ever successfully extracted compensation from them for a last-minute cancelled flight?

Predictably they have a form (which they don't seem to link to from other parts of the website), as think they were forced to put it up, but when you type your details in it shows an error.

So I've shot them off an email.
                                          Yeah, I got a tidy amount from them last year - had to go via the Small Claims Court in the end (as I knew I would, no chance they'll give you anything ahead of it) and they settled before the court date. You just need to work through the process; complain via their own system, ask them for clarification why they are not giving you comp and then use all of this as ammo when submitting the small claim.

Comment

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for...ublin-1408769/
                                            Absolutely rank tack.

I think every morning after my nightly bottle of vino, id vomit upon wake up walking from room to room with dizziness
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Posted here 2 weeks ago about putting in a claim for backdated medical insurance relief - just came through today. Just under €2k in refunds and another €500 in relief this year.

Revenue my all-time favourite arm of the State to deal with.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Posted here 2 weeks ago about putting in a claim for backdated medical insurance relief - just came through today. Just under €2k in refunds and another €500 in relief this year.

You able to dig out or summarise the OP?

Comment

After selling a business and handing them 1/3 of the proceeds, I respectfully disagree.

Comment

Class. Ideal if you were opening a brothel too, ready to go. Do genuinely like it

Andyfb, here you go, plus lots of money for Vegas.
                                                    just beside finches too. class location
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My Nixie tube clock from Ukraine arrived today. Didn't get stung by customs either, probably somewhat due to the seller marking the value as 500 Hryvnia. Decided I wanted one after watching this vid. Sad I know

For the last few years I've being trying to find a ready-made nixie clock that I could recommend. This video shows what I've found - and the links below will...

The clock feeds from 12V/1A, or operates autonomously using replaceable CR1220 batteries. All the parts are of high quality and cathode anti-poisoning routine is prolonging its service. The tubes are sensitive to outer impacts and should be used as it is shown in the images.
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                        My Nixie tube clock from Ukraine arrived today. Didn't get stung by customs either, probably somewhat due to the seller marking the value as 500 Hryvnia. Decided I wanted one after watching this vid. Sad I know

For the last few years I've being trying to find a ready-made nixie clock that I could recommend. This video shows what I've found - and the links below will...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1119620852...664&rmvSB=true
                                                        Looks like something out of that house.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          You'd never be short of drugs anyway.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            You able to dig out or summarise the OP?
                                                            It's here.

I feel this is one that Mrs DIII doesn't need to know about.

Comment

Applied for relief on € 2,700 med expenses recently hoping it would arrive in time for Cheltenham, ended up owing them € 112 . Something to do with not working the first 3 months of last year. They are Cunce.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                Applied for relief on € 2,700 med expenses recently hoping it would arrive in time for Cheltenham, ended up owing them € 112 . Something to do with not working the first 3 months of last year. They are Cunce.
                                                                I feel like you got outplayed there.

I worked out what I thought they owed me and gave them the calculations. They gave me an extra ~500 on top.

Comment

Joe Hates St Patricks Day, so he took to the streets of Dublin, Ireland to interview the public and figure out why everyone across the world loves it so much...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                    I would have expected you to have gone this direction tbh

SPOILER
                                                                    Last edited by Mellor; 16-03-17, 22:39.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                      Did they charge you tax on the social payments ? That happened me when i was out sick also.

Work was paying me, minus the social welfare payment. Ended up like that, a ball of med1 but owed them in the end.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I love the jacks.

Can't understand why a man would spend so long not questioning why another man hated the jacks.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          I love the jacks.

Can't understand why a man would spend so long not questioning why another man hated the jacks.
                                                                          I assumed it was all jacks, in general.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Ah its great. Keep the working girls happy too during quieter times. I love the place.
                                                                            It's a work of art.

Wouldn't like to live in it, but for absolute sure, an artist created it.

Comment

Reminded me of Warhol anyway.

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I love the jacks.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                  I've always assumed it was referring the square toilets in the Sporting Emporium jacks.
                                                                                  I know that highly specific, but genuinely what I thought, still think actually.

Comment

A young father stone.

Comment

It's a work of art.

Wouldn't like to live in it, but for absolute sure, an artist created it.
                                                                                      It's artistic no doubt, but I also feel that a lot the look is dependant on the furniture, probably aren't included in the sale.
                                                                                      I've seen similar in the past that looks good in professional photos. But in person the shoddy DIY paint job stands out and the Marilyn transfers on the walls are just A3 print outs.

Comment

No, it was hated a jacks.

Like one particular jacks, one time.

I remember getting caught smoking in the jacks in school by the principal. I went in there with a m8, we lit a cigarette and I went into the cubicle. Plan was he would keep sketch while I smoked half, then I would keep sketch for him.
                                                                                        The principal snook into the jacks, having already copped us ne'er do wells sloping in up the corridor. He gave a 'shut your bleedin mouth' shush finger look to my m8 and motioned for him to fuck off.

I flushed the jacks and opened the door with a mickied smoking butt in my left hand behind it. I cop the big man and flick the butt away. He bursts in, one arm grabbing my scruff, plumes of smoke, shouting 'WHERE IS IT TOBIN, I KNOW YOU WERE SMOKING YOU BASTARD'

The butt is gone, it's not floating in the jacks, it's not on the floor, gone. We spent about five seconds in total madness because of this missing butt that we both quite obviously knew was there ten seconds ago, and both knew the other one knew they knew. Then he dragged me off somewhere.

Hated that jacks for a while. Don't now.

Was trying to think of a time I used to hate a jacks.

That's the only one I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          Was in the finches once for a pre-wedding drink for one of the warehouse lads weddings. I shit you not but they had an office with a glass window for cashing welfare cheques inside the door. Salt of the earth though....

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                            It's artistic no doubt, but I also feel that a lot the look is dependant on the furniture, probably aren't included in the sale.
                                                                                            Ah I'm not really thinking of it like that, haven't really looked at it from a buyers perspective, just think its pretty creative. Not exactly my taste but creative nonetheless.

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                            I've seen similar in the past that looks good in professional photos. But in person the shoddy DIY paint job stands out and the Marilyn transfers on the walls are just A3 print outs.
                                                                                            The idea is the art man.

Comment

Lazare and I are going to go have a viewing.

Cold conditioning gives numerous physical, mental, and emotional benefits, and taking cold showers is an easy way to get started. Kenton shares some of the b...

Cold showers ftw

Comment

Cold conditioning gives numerous physical, mental, and emotional benefits, and taking cold showers is an easy way to get started. Kenton shares some of the b...

Cold showers ftw
                                                                                                Bagsys first go in the man toaster.

We can go for looseners in the Dragon first

Comment

The Oxford comma is used before “and” or “or” in a list of three or more. Ignore it at your peril. It’s a much-maligned punctuation mark, sniffed at by descriptivists and given a bad name by stuffy academic prescriptivists. Here's an example from Grammarly to show its importance:I love my parents, L...

Lovely.

Comment

Cold showers ftw
                                                                                                    Had to stop.

The tile and a bit tilted me.

Its 11/10s of a tile that way, don't know what its like the other end of that wall but it could have been split at least 2/5s
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Avoiding town tomorrow.

I will look at the parade on the TV though :P

Comment

Had to stop.

The tile and a bit tilted me.

Its 11/10s of a tile that way, don't know what its like the other end of that wall but it could have been split at least 2/5s
                                                                                                        Ole, your fucks are precious, don't be giving them away too liberally.

Comment

Don't worry, this isn't one of those articles about how fruit is actually Satan.No, this is a list of all those health "facts" we're raised with, which are actually false. Passing down knowledge through the oral tradition was of course handy when mankind was still in huts, but now we have NHS Direct...

Comment

No, it was hated a jacks.

Like one particular jacks, one time.

I remember getting caught smoking in the jacks in school by the principal. I went in there with a m8, we lit a cigarette and I went into the cubicle. Plan was he would keep sketch while I smoked half, then I would keep sketch for him.
                                                                                                            The principal snook into the jacks, having already copped us ne'er do wells sloping in up the corridor. He gave a 'shut your bleedin mouth' shush finger look to my m8 and motioned for him to fuck off.

I flushed the jacks and opened the door with a mickied smoking butt in my left hand behind it. I cop the big man and flick the butt away. He bursts in, one arm grabbing my scruff, plumes of smoke, shouting 'WHERE IS IT TOBIN, I KNOW YOU WERE SMOKING YOU BASTARD'...
                                                                                                            There days if you caught the principle sneaking into the boys toilets you'd have him by the bollox.

Ah I'm not really thinking of it like that, haven't really looked at it from a buyers perspective, just think its pretty creative. Not exactly my taste but creative nonetheless.

The idea is the art man.
                                                                                                            I know its all about the idea, but execution in king in my book.
                                                                                                            I'm saying that as a designer, there's nothing more annoying for me than having this masterstroke od an idea and having some shovel-fisted monkey making a balls of the execution.

Comment

Love watching old American Chat shows. Came upon this after watching Johnny Carson. Although so dated laughed so much but maybe it was the vodka consumed

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

@theDrunkenone!

Steve Martin performs his funky musical parody "King Tut," which satirizes the popularity of the King Tut exhibit. Aired 05/22/78#SNLSubscribe to SNL: https:...

Comment

Myself and Smurph arrived in Lanzarote yesterday morning. We haven't been away in nearly 5 months and it's well overdue.

Since the start of the year, we both were on a weight loss plan and decided to do the Operation Transformation programme.

This was the 10th year of the series and for the previous 9 years I've sat on the sofa watching it with a glass of wine in one hand and a packet of crisps in the other. This year I decided that I had to do something about my weight as it was starting to affect my sleep and that's not good for my job either. Also now I have a new grandchild and I'd like to be around to see him grow up.

So we followed the plan, and stayed off the drink and other crap since the start of the year, went out walking every day, and now we're both feeling so much better for it. We were even signed up for the 5K finale in the phoenix park, but due to us both having the flu we had to give it a miss.

Smurph is cycling in and out of work and is also doing the slimming world plan and has me nearly converted to the meals and recipes.

We have lost a combined total of 4 and a half stone.33 lbs of it, (2st 5lbs) gone from my ass. Still a bit to go but we are feeling much better both physically and mentally.

We'll be back on the beer for the week that's in it, but no mad sessions.

Happy Paddy's Day ... !!
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 17-03-17, 09:11.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Well done Smurph and Martin, it is easy to eat on the SW plan as the meals are tasty enough! Myself and Tony are also on a health drive. Although my exercise has been stopped with the injury I will be continuing to eat healthy and keep off the drink. (Drank more since moving to Malta than I did ever!)

Although with the day it is and the partying going to be happening here... I will be having a few drinks at the street party in St Julian's

Hope ye all enjoy your St Paddy's day celebrations, wherever you are and whatever you are doing

Comment

I've gained 10lbs in 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          I've gained 10lbs in 3 weeks.
                                                                                                                          That would be your guardian angel reentering your body after all that Buddhist self enlightenment.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X