1010 on ft 6/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1010 on ft 6/9

Guys stats on both villian ridiculous, and over a large sample. Opener playing something like 40/33 over 500 hands and 3 better's 3bet stat was also huge, and have been on same table for most tourney and he does it for fun. Given this info, I chose to do what I did but, how wrong is this for icm, do we have to take this spot given the info? Tbh I expected 2 folds but didnt mind the call. Any input strongly appreciated, cheers Glenn
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3 Tournament, 65,000/130,000 Blinds 13,000 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Hero (Button) (t2,186,904)
    SB (t7,720,507)
    BB (t1,471,533)
    UTG (t5,080,628)
    UTG+1 (t1,621,372)
    MP1 (t4,432,216)
    MP2 (t2,440,350)
    MP3 (t2,215,042)
    CO (t1,741,448)

Hero's M: 7.01

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, 10
    UTG raises to t260,000, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t577,777, 3 folds, Hero raises to t2,173,904 (All-In), 3 folds, MP1 calls t1,596,127

Flop: (t4,919,808) K, 2, A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t4,919,808) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t4,919,808) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t4,919,808

Results below:
    SPOILER

Hero had 10, 10 (two pair, tens and twos).
    MP1 had A, K (two pair, Aces and Kings).
    Outcome: MP1 won t4,919,808
    take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Playing it exactly the same. Don't think ICM is a factor at all seeing as you're just in the middle of the pack and there's no immediate short stacks.

Comment

Stats would be nice... but looks standard ul
      “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Yep, I play it the same way. Sometimes the maniac has it, ul

Comment

Has villain been actively 3 betting the other bigger stacks and early position opens. So different if he's actively 3 betting hijack/cutoff opens. Seems to me he'd have to be pretty terrible to be 3 betting a wide range in that spot with so many >20 bb stacks behind and makes our decision really tough. Think I'm just folding 99 there. No fold equity (unless he's terrible) and a utg opener to get through I'd seriously consider a fold.

Comment

Originally posted by LTL View Post
            Has villain been actively 3 betting the other bigger stacks and early position opens. So different if he's actively 3 betting hijack/cutoff opens. Seems to me he'd have to be pretty terrible to be 3 betting a wide range in that spot with so many >20 bb stacks behind and makes our decision really tough. Think I'm just folding 99 there. No fold equity (unless he's terrible) and a utg opener to get through I'd seriously consider a fold.
            yea mate hes 3 betting every hand for fun, no matter who opened, but folded to a lot of 4bets. The utg open didnt matter here, villian had shoved any 2 cards for the last half hour, stack hd been like a yoyo and prior to that he opened from everywere he could with any 2 cards. 2 worst players I've possibly ever seen tbh so I know I'm miles ahead here 90% of the time, but I just wasnt sure icmwise thats all
            take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

As said then, standard shove. Such an awful spot for him to 3bet wide but if he's that terrible doubt he's given it much thought. Unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by LTL View Post
                As said then, standard shove. Such an awful spot for him to 3bet wide but if he's that terrible doubt he's given it much thought. Unlucky.
                why is it such a bad spot to 3bet ? if utg opens as much as most regs do i dont see a problem with it tbh
                “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

He's got 7 players to act behind of which 5 are >19 bb stacks which 3bet folding to would be pretty awful. Considering the short stacks are going to adapt if he's actively 3betting all opens as said, they're going to shove lighter too. Unless the whole table have been nitting it up and folding hoping to ladder it seems pretty bad to me.

Comment

With your stack no options, only shove. ul tho
                    hit the showers

Comment

Working...
                    X