SCOOP 6, 15 million rollover, Saturday 24th - ***Entry closed***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puremagpie View Post
    Lads apologies if this has been asked already,I only invested in this weeks Scoop so not sure what happened last week.
    With regards seeing the final selections before the 1st leg kicks off - will this be through the private forum only and more than likely Saturday morning?
    Thanks
    Will be on the private forum and very close to the off of the first race.
    The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

FYI

But keep in mind it will still be bloody hard to win and in to double digit winners is still unlikely...

Comment

Good few members now calculating the preferred cocaine to hookers ratio based on White Knights table.
        The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Fk it, 2 more, sending now. Ty

Comment

Two shares please Rob; money will be in tomorrow or Thursday morning, will pm when sent.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
              FYI

But keep in mind it will still be bloody hard to win and in to double digit winners is still unlikely...
              Jasas; last week I was looking at £200k, now £40k, sur t'is hardly worth it

Comment

In for 2 more shares. Will ship tomorrow
                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

The coke dealers and Hookers wont know what hit them when we do win.

35k+ This community are all degens at their best.

Comment

Almost getting caught up in the certainty of this free money.
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Is there any chance you will lose the lot in this or are you gtd some return?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                        Could all be gone on the first race. Very nearly was last week.

But shipping it is on the cards this week.

Comment

Could all be gone on the first race. Very nearly was last week.

But shipping it is on the cards this week.
                          4 more shares Rob. Shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                            6/4 favourite to be confirmed busto's by tea time Saturday

Comment

what is the return on one share if all horses win?
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                Good few members now calculating the preferred cocaine to hookers ratio based on White Knights table.
                                £40K?

Quit job, watch world cup, spend summer in gym and London's finest ipb approved sespools, get new job in September

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                  White Knight estimates it at €13.3K (see the fifth column) assuming we are the only people with the winning ticket. (obviously half that if two winning tickets etc).

Comment

imo between 667 and 13333 (but could be lower)

Comment

Jesus havent been on in bout 5 hours read through thread and laugh ass off as i doing it,
                                      Rob on a serious note im taking 5 more shares will the loot tomorrow evenin Aib to aib

Comment

the amount here invested 30 k plus, shur is that just not like a small percentage of uk whatever that normally does it every week and they win nothing if you get me. why is this more hopeful
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          White Knight estimates it at €13.3K (see the fifth column) assuming we are the only people with the winning ticket. (obviously half that if two winning tickets etc).
                                          Don't think that take into account the place prize pool or bonus pool though... open to correction obv.
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

the amount here invested 30 k plus, shur is that just not like a small percentage of uk whatever that normally does it every week and they win nothing if you get me. why is this more hopeful
                                            A normal scoop ticket is £2 with 1 horse selected in each race 1x1x1x1x1x1

A punter willing to spend an expensive £128 can have 2 horses in each of the 6 races 2x2x2x2x2x2 64 lines = £128

We can currently have circa (we would be a little under) 6x6x5x5x4x4 horses in the races which gives us a big advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                              Don't think that take into account the place prize pool or bonus pool though... open to correction obv.
                                              Correct. Could be up to 40% more if we scooped (won bonus alone and shared place) those too.

Comment

As has been pointed out as well, if we are lucky enough to be receiving amounts based on a win, there is a big bonus pool for the following week as well. How does selection in that differ given it's one race? How many runners can be chosen given (I assume) that no more money is needed to be put in, or would money for investing in permutations in the bonus race be taken from the winnings the week before? Cart before the horse I know, but still interested to know.

Comment

A punter willing to spend an expensive £128 can have 2 horses in each of the 6 races 2x2x2x2x2x2 64 lines = £128

We can currently have circa (we would be a little under) 6x6x5x5x4x4 horses in the races which gives us a big advantage.
                                                  Is this like the fabled lotto syndicate situation a few years ago. How much to cover all the combos.

The assumed 50% ede seems fanciful?
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    As has been pointed out as well, if we are lucky enough to be receiving amounts based on a win, there is a big bonus pool for the following week as well. How does selection in that differ given it's one race? How many runners can be chosen given (I assume) that no more money is needed to be put in, or would money for investing in permutations in the bonus race be taken from the winnings the week before? Cart before the horse I know, but still interested to know.
                                                    You have 1 choice per winning ticket so likely only 1 selection in the bonus race. Free of charge bonus!

Comment

ah right get you now ty
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                        Is this like the fabled lotto syndicate situation a few years ago. How much to cover all the combos.

The assumed 50% ede seems fanciful?
                                                        The more knowledgeable are saying we are circa 20/1 chance. I like those odds.

Comment

Nothing like a guaranteed return here Michelle. If you invest for one share chances are you won't see any return, but potentially you could be looking at a very nice return. We are getting good odds (20/1 has been mentioned) of a lower return by pooling money rather than a tiny chance at a huge return.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            The most the syndicate can have is one selection in the bonus race (assuming we are not repeating lines this week which would be strange tactic) and it is indeed a 'freeroll'.
                                                            What often happens is if there are say x winners of the Scoop6 that they join forces to pick x horses in the following weeks bonus race and split x ways, to maximise their chances.

Comment

Last edited by luckforsome; 20-05-14, 22:52.

Comment

time for another update before bed, bear with me.

Comment

Has anybody got a number for Harry Findlay?' Maybe he might get involved
                                                                  http://www.pokerireland.ie

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      The most the syndicate can have is one selection in the bonus race (assuming we are not repeating lines this week which would be strange tactic) and it is indeed a 'freeroll'.
                                                                      What often happens is if there are say x winners of the Scoop6 that they join forces to pick x horses in the following weeks bonus race and split x ways, to maximise their chances.
                                                                      ye can go 5x5x5x5x5x5= 38437 or ye can go

4x4x4x4x4x4 = 10076 x 3 times and 3x3x3x3x3x3 = 1793 x 4 times

and use 8 horses in each race with few same horses in each perm this way ye could win it 2 or 3 times think this is the way harry findley does it but in a bigger way of course and why he gets more than 1 winning ticket in bonus race when he wins the scoop 6

Comment

Regarding the bank charges and other admin expenses, while there hasn't been a fee considered or charged, I presume given the large make up of the forums background, a generous "tip the dealer" pool would come into effect. Probably worth the gamble from the lads involved I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                          Regarding the bank charges and other admin expenses, while there hasn't been a fee considered or charged, I presume given the large make up of the forums background, a generous "tip the dealer" pool would come into effect. Probably worth the gamble from the lads involved I'd imagine.
                                                                          dont see why not,if for no other reason just to make sure someone is willing to do this ridiculous amount of work next time this comes around [cant wait]
                                                                          speaking of which rob can u double check my numbers i think i should have total 3 shares, 1 last week 2 this week im no 70 noname1255

Comment

also this 20/1 that someone came to, is that number based just on math perms and doesnt take into account the fact that we have people involved that know one end of a horse from the other
                                                                            so we could be shorter than 20/1

Comment

gonna be honest lads, I'm going to look on every site possible and pick a horse nobody has picked for my £2 syndicate. But I promise to buy each one of you hookers and blow if I win it on my own. Not a dance though, actually buy them.
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

2 shares please Rob- send me a PM with bank details & i will lodge today.

Comment

It's like living in that mad country on the edge of Europe that is always on the news .people in a mad buying frenzy and where you wake up every morning to find that the most important asset in your life has rapidly diminished since the day before (Ireland I think it's called).

One more share please Rob. Ship Thursday AM.

Off to do some looting and queue for bread.

Comment

Comment

What time is the cut-off Rob?

Just an idea, the lads involved have put in a lot of work, Rob, Hicloy and this weeks master etc.

I'm not sure if this is even enough to thank them, but what about given them each a share free, I know that's only worth €57 at the moment, but they might like it....

It will be a small knock on to everyone else percentage.

any views.

Comment

A new day. Another 100 shares please.

Will try and get as much over to you today as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowless View Post
                                                                                          A new day. Another 100 shares please.

Will try and get as much over to you today as possible.
                                                                                          Love to know where you work. Some punters they are, GL to 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                            Love to know where you work. Some punters they are, GL to 'em!
                                                                                            Damn them for continuing to dilute my shares! Everyone's feeling the pressure of needing to increase their investment now, the only thing worse than losing everything this week would be to win the thing when you could easily afford to grab a few more shares

Comment

Just lodged 230 there for 2 shares for me and 2 for flushdraw.
                                                                                              Thanks rob
                                                                                              48

Comment

Anything shadowless can do, I can do better!

Another 2 (yes, two) shares for me. I'll transfer money now, you'll have it tomorrow. Have to stop the dilution!

On the issue of bank charges, etc, I have no problem with Rob holding back 50 or so from the kitty so as to avoid being out of pocket. I'm sure he won't care if we win, but it'd be an extra sickener if we bust.

Comment

In for 2 more. Monies shipped. Eye on the prize.....

The lads admining this thing shouldn't be out of pocket imo.
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Yeah chop out a few quid out of each share as a gesture. If we scoop a tenner each would pay them into the IO next year.
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Shipped via AIB for 7 more

GL Us
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadPat View Post
                                                                                                        I'll take 2 shares,
                                                                                                        Will transfer €114.76 from AIB to AIB when you send on your bank details.
                                                                                                        Just transferred €114.76 for 2 shares Patrick A, Tully

Comment

everyone should have just rounded up their monies for the organisers, would be a few bob then left over for charges or whatever.
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

ok folks, we are about to hit €45k. (which gives us €50k in bets with our rebate, £40k, 20,000 lines vs the 7k we had last week)

I would like to close this off for bookings shortly, and allow til lunch time tomorrow for payments to hit.

Next step, to try and get all the funds onto the site we are betting with as efficiently as possible.

(sheet is getting complex !, if anyone sees anything they deem incorrect, let me know and I will check it out)
                                                                                                              Last edited by Norwichfanrob; 21-05-14, 10:12.

Comment

I'll take 40 shares please. I'll head into a branch to deposit to make sure you get it in time.

Edit: can I reserve an option to take an additional 20, I will know for sure tonight.
                                                                                                                Last edited by NewApproach; 21-05-14, 10:27.

Comment

Shipped via AIB for 1 more, Frossach & name

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                                                                                                                    ok folks, we are about to hit €45k. (which gives us €50k in bets with our rebate, £40k, 20,000 lines vs the 7k we had last week)

I would like to close this off for bookings shortly, and allow til lunch time tomorrow for payments to hit.

Next step, to try and get all the funds onto the site we are betting with as efficiently as possible.

(sheet is getting complex !, if anyone sees anything they deem incorrect, let me know and I will check it out)
                                                                                                                    I'll be taking 3 more shares. Lodging tomorrow am probably

Comment

I preferred this when I had a chance of becoming slightly rich
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                                                                                                                        Just awaiting confirmation of how many we're taking. It'll be 18-20 and I'll confirm within the next couple of hours. I'll deposit funds directly first thing tomorrow morning so there'll be no delay.

Comment

Ill take 3 more as well Rob.

Last min.

Thanks!
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X