• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANY GETTING AWAY FROM THIS HAND..

I poker $50 Freezeout : Starting Stack 5k
    Hero - SB - Stack approx 6.5k
    Villain - BB - Stack approx 10k

Blinds 200/400

Folded to me in SB holding 5d 8d, min raise to try steal blinds and flat called by BB.

Flop - 5s 8s 5c

I check, villain raises to 2k. I flat trying to rep a draw..

Turn - Ad

I check again, villain immediately shoves....

CAN THIS EVER BE A FOLD??

No chance im ever folding a full house. assume youve got unlucky against A5 here but its just a cooler and your never getting away from it.
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      No chance im ever folding a full house. assume youve got unlucky against A5 here but its just a cooler and your never getting away from it.
      Worse - he had A A

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
        Worse - he had A A
        Cooler dot com. Even if you somehow managed to get it all in on the flop he's still unlikely to be folding his Aces.

Comment

Fold. He obv has AA

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Fold. He obv has AA
            If I pushed on the flop I was afraid of butchering any value to be had and extracting the max from the hand..
            His pre flop action just flatting the raise was nicely played and completely disguised the hand.. but when he did shove I put him on AK.. I had completely under repped my hand strength post flop and as I wasn't stealing blinds/raising with rags, I think he put me on a similar hand A K , A Q...
            Would take enormous disipline to fold here - don't think I could ever in this spot..

Comment

Yeah defo think I'd find a fold here 15 bbs and getting it in on a board like this is -ev imo!!

Comment

Worse - he had A A
                Actually him having AA is better for you, gives you 1 out to win

Comment

Fold pre IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                    Fold pre IMO.
                    Hillarious

Comment

Hillarious
                      Huh?

Comment

C/fold the flop. Straight flushdraw out there.

I'd agree with fold pre tbh. With that stack you should only be shoving or folding or if you know the BB is very aggro a raise to induce a shove.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                          C/fold the flop. Straight flushdraw out there.
                          Most bizarre thing I've ever read. c/f a full house on the flop because worried about a straight flush draw... just bizarre.
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                            Most bizarre thing I've ever read. c/f a full house on the flop because worried about a straight flush draw... just bizarre.
                            Agreed. It's almost as if he is being sarcastic.

I don't understand the flat call of the 2k on the flop.
                            Even if you shove for the amount you have back I reckon villan is never folding there anyway?
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The most important thing in these situations is to always be results orientated.

Of course it's a fold, he has the nut full house. Calling is lighting money on fire

Comment

At first I had a reply written out because I thought you only paired the 8.

Then I realised you had a house

Like an actual fucking house

Comment

Get it in here all day every day and then fistpump the fuck all over the place when you hit the 1 outer and then do much LOLing at him playing his Aces like a tool .

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                    Fold pre IMO.
                                    Hillarious
                                    Fold pre is the most solid piece of advice in this thread IMO.
                                    http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                    http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                      Fold pre is the most solid piece of advice in this thread IMO.
                                      Agreed that with the starting hand a fold is obviously the play here.. But as I had entered the pot I was asking if anyone could, as played, get away from the hand having flopped the world..

Comment

Agreed that with the starting hand a fold is obviously the play here.. But as I had entered the pot I was asking if anyone could, as played, get away from the hand having flopped the world..
                                        No player in the world should fold here unless you see his hand.

Comment

How can you think of folding post flop? Are you taking the piss?

This thread makes my head hurt.

Comment

Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life. Min raise folding pre would be fine vs certain opponents too.

Comment

I poker $50 Freezeout : Starting Stack 5k
                                              Hero - SB - Stack approx 6.5k
                                              Villain - BB - Stack approx 10k

Blinds 200/400

Folded to me in SB holding 5d 8d, min raise to try steal blinds and flat called by BB.

Flop - 5s 8s 5c

I check, villain raises to 2k. I flat trying to rep a draw..

Turn - Ad

I check again, villain immediately shoves....

CAN THIS EVER BE A FOLD??
                                              No
                                              If you're not in, you can't win

Comment

So you're discounting making a standard fold pre with a suited 2 gapper oop playing 16bbs but asking should you fold a flopped full house playing 16bbs pre flop?
                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

First of all, this IS a profitable shove pre. Secondly, you should NEVER EVER fold post flop here and finally, it's kinda embarrassing how many posts there are in this thread given the hh

Comment

Originally posted by NicoSanty View Post
                                                    First of all, this IS a profitable shove pre. Secondly, you should NEVER EVER fold post flop here and finally, it's kinda embarrassing how many posts there are in this thread given the hh
                                                    "Embarassing" - guess this site is just for "experts" to discuss the game.. No room for amateurs like myself..
                                                    Cheers

Comment

The hand history you posted is as straightforward as they come, thats why a lot of folk are taking the piss, there is a new to poker section on this site where you can ask any questions
                                                      and you wont get the smart alecs on. Its in the general poker section.

Comment

"Embarassing" - guess this site is just for "experts" to discuss the game.. No room for amateurs like myself..
                                                        Cheers
                                                        The rest of his post is spot on though and says all that needs to be said. Fold or shove pre, once you do get to the flop, it's terrible to even think about folding.

Comment

Cheers
                                                          don't assume people are experts just because they are condescending, never a fold, don't mind the min raise pre if he is on the tighter side either

Comment

Originally posted by B8kedbean View Post
                                                            don't assume people are experts just because they are condescending, never a fold, don't mind the min raise pre if he is on the tighter side either
                                                            Very true. Some allegedly good players have given me some awful advice in the past(not on ipb just ftr!). Rather than taking peoples advice just because they're supposed to know what they're talking about, you're far better off trying to understand the situation, and maybe not necessarily being told the right way to play a hand in a certain situation straight up, but rather using other bits of info to eventually come to the right conclusion.
                                                            One of my friends used to answer every question with the phrase " Ah just shove in that spot". He never gives any reasoning why and now anytime we play or talk about hands I always just sarcastically tell him to shove. I dont think he's copped on yet though

Comment

You shouldn't be playing $50 tourneys if you are making threads about situations like this.

Comment

Cheers
                                                                That wasn't really my point. What I meant was this almost all replies to the op are just reiterating what everyone else was saying ie don't fold, just a cooler etc. and everyone is just going over old ground in such a basic spot.

Apologies for any offence caused.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                  You shouldn't be playing $50 tourneys if you are making threads about situations like this.
                                                                  Why shouldn't I? If I have a high disposable income can't I play whatever the I want? Not exactly high roller stuff @ $50 a pop I would have thought?

Have qualified for Irish Open, 2 UKIPT's and IWF online so have a bit of ability..

Comment

Why shouldn't I? If I have a high disposable income can't I play whatever the I want? Not exactly high roller stuff @ $50 a pop I would have thought?

Have qualified for Irish Open, 2 UKIPT's and IWF online so have a bit of ability..
                                                                    Zing. Solid response. Back in your box CHD

Welcome to the forum Kaiser.

Comment

I never even read the OP(til now) but if I was two give my two cents (worth remarkably less than two cents as it happens)
                                                                      1- There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to play a $50 if you have the money. "So what" would be my view on that one.
                                                                      2-Once you play the hand and flop the house, it's just a cooler, nothing you can really do at all. I personally would have check raised ai on the flop but, hey, same net result so that doesn't really matter.
                                                                      Last edited by Foxy; 29-11-12, 15:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                        How can you think of folding post flop? Are you taking the piss?

This thread makes my head hurt.
                                                                        Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                        the purpose of a strategy forum is to be helpful and learn not to be a prick to someone who is likely new to the game ans is trying to improve,

Comment

the purpose of a strategy forum is to be helpful and learn not to be a prick to someone who is likely new to the game ans is trying to improve,
                                                                          Why did you quote my post?

Comment

I remember when I started posting here I took alot of stick, however I might add I did bring a bit on myself which I freely admit because I was somewhat confrontational and really hated the smart ass responses of alot of people.

However in saying that i think almost everybody who is of a certain ability has a tendency to dismiss hands which they feel don't warrant a real response, which I think is often human nature especially in a game such as this because ego plays such a large part.

My advice would be keep an eye on the theory section because in my opinion there are certain people who will comment on hands such as this because its so standard, everyone will say the same thing and there is no thought process.
                                                                            These aren't the type of people who's opinion should matter to you(for the most part)!

It should be the guys who can dissect a hand thoroughly and give you the appropriate reasons as to why its played a certain way and why its profitable. Don't be worried about the results in a hand really ever, often the hands I criticise myself most about are those which I win because i think I can get more value etc.
                                                                            These are the things you need to look at, so my advice is look at the theory section and see which guys give the best answers and try to follow their advice.
                                                                            Also don't be afraid to post, the better guys won't berate you because they can explain things correctly and show you why their play is most profitable.

Just to get you started on the tournament side of things listen to "Winning, LineUs, 72over, Daragh999, Caf" to name but a few and sorry if I missed anyone best of luck!!
                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 29-11-12, 17:26.

Comment

#39
                                                                              I don't really see why people are getting onto others in this thread for their comments. It should be a post in the bbv not a thread. I doubt the op even considered folding for 1 second. There's no theory needed. It doesn't matter how your chips went in post flop as long as they went in. The fact that he posted saying he's qualified for 4 big tournaments proves the point because he's not a beginner or new to poker. You don't do that by considering folding a flopped house about 15 bigs deep.ust keep it to the bbv in future

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                I don't really see why people are getting onto others in this thread for their comments. It should be a post in the bbv not a thread. I doubt the op even considered folding for 1 second. There's no theory needed. It doesn't matter how your chips went in post flop as long as they went in. The fact that he posted saying he's qualified for 4 big tournaments proves the point because he's not a beginner or new to poker. You don't do that by considering folding a flopped house about 15 bigs deep.ust keep it to the bbv in future
                                                                                I think the fact the guy has played 4 big tournaments is kind of irrelevant to be honest, we all know you don't need to be good to bink an online package, maybe he has a better grasp than it seems by the post alright. Yes, it should be in the BBV but I do feel that someone posting for the first couple of times is alot less likely to return because of the way people respond to them and the way we have responded to this guy makes it a hell of alot less likely for him to post again in the theory section. That's all I'm saying!!

Comment

#41

So what?

The question you are asking is that of someone grinding $5 games who thinks they will become a pro.

You can be worth millions and match the best players bankrolls, but it isn't about that. It is about matching their ability so what I meant by playing $50 games is you are playing out of your depth. I could be wrong, it was the middle of the night and I was commenting in a pointless thread due to boredom.

You might have qualified for all that but... how much have you lost?

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                  Zing. Solid response. Back in your box CHD

Welcome to the forum Kaiser.
                                                                                  Eh, not really...

STFU.

That is me being a prick.

I wasn't with my previous comment. Either was Caf. What are you on about?

Actually it doesn't matter.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    By that reasoning games like Celtic Poker Tour games @ €120 buy ins should be out of my depth?
                                                                                    I'm playing on and off online for about a year and a half.. Have no disillusions about EVER becoming a pro.. I have a good career and am doing alright for myself..
                                                                                    I enjoy the game of poker and see it as a passtime where potentially I may get lucky and run good sometimes..
                                                                                    I am the first to admit I am not making a steady income on poker and I am running at a loss, no doubt I am..
                                                                                    But, for me it's a HOBBY
                                                                                    Posting on here was never meant to start an avalanche of people telling me how inept at poker I am..
                                                                                    Thats my last post on this.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      By that reasoning games like Celtic Poker Tour games @ €120 buy ins should be out of my depth?
                                                                                      I'm playing on and off online for about a year and a half.. Have no disillusions about EVER becoming a pro.. I have a good career and am doing alright for myself..
                                                                                      I enjoy the game of poker and see it as a passtime where potentially I may get lucky and run good sometimes..
                                                                                      I am the first to admit I am not making a steady income on poker and I am running at a loss, no doubt I am..
                                                                                      But, for me it's a HOBBY
                                                                                      Posting on here was never meant to start an avalanche of people telling me how inept at poker I am..
                                                                                      Thats my last post on this.
                                                                                      Oh dear...

A CPT game wouldn't be near the standard of this one, more like a $5 or $10 online game.
                                                                                      It doesn't matter what you work at, how much money you have, or anything else, it's much better to shove or fold with a <20bb stack in this spot(SB v BB).
                                                                                      TBH, I genuinely thought you were taking the piss, I mean how could you not be? You flop the world and want to fold? Methinks Flushdraw is spot on, it's just a bad beat and you're focusing on the result way too much. You don't need to worry about it though, only that you're getting the most out of how you play, this entire hand is a preflop decision, so just stop concentrating on the post flop play...you shouldn't get there in the same away again if you've taken anything out of this thread.

As for your 'last post on this,' that's up to you. You'll pick up a lot here the more you post and definitely the perfect spot for someone playing as a hobby to improve their game, just grow a thicker skin. Nobody's insulted your family here, it's only a single hand of poker after all.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Yore Mudder

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                          Oh dear...

A CPT game wouldn't be near the standard of this one, more like a $5 or $10 online game.
                                                                                          It doesn't matter what you work at, how much money you have, or anything else, it's much better to shove or fold with a <20bb stack in this spot(SB v BB).
                                                                                          TBH, I genuinely thought you were taking the piss, I mean how could you not be? You flop the world and want to fold? Methinks Flushdraw is spot on, it's just a bad beat and you're focusing on the result way too much. You don't need to worry about it though, only that you're getting the most out of how you play, this entire hand is a preflop decision, so just stop concentrating on the post flop play...you shouldn't get there in the same away again if you've taken anything out of this thread.

As for your 'last post on this,' that's up to you. You'll pick up a lot here the more you post and definitely the perfect spot for someone playing as a hobby to improve their game, just grow a thicker skin. Nobody's insulted your family here, it's only a single hand of poker after all.
                                                                                          I meant last post on this thread..
                                                                                          I never had any intention of folding.. Never could/would find a lay down there.. I just asked if anyone could.. I was so sick at the end of the hand
                                                                                          I do learn from the sections on here but just feel there could be less patronisation and looking down on others posts..
                                                                                          Cheers

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Degenerate88 View Post
                                                                                            Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life. Min raise folding pre would be fine vs certain opponents too.
                                                                                            Never a waste of time to see what goes on inside the heads of some sample size of your opponents IMO

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Pretty pathetic that this thread has ran to nearly 50 posts.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                OP, any reads on villain? Legit tough spot, it's probably a fold if he has aces tho, ul
                                                                                                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                                                                                  OP, any reads on villain? Legit tough spot, it's probably a fold if he has aces tho, ul
                                                                                                  Smart man..
                                                                                                  Glorified Gamblers on here,with vamped up opinions of themselves.. Putting down people who have a question that have the stupidness to think there are people with manners and normal social skills to answer in a mannerly fashion.. 90% of dickheads on here with these superiority complexes will end up in the gutter without a pot to piss in..
                                                                                                  Enjoy your superiority on a forum like this because sure as hell you ain't functioning outside your cyber world

Not referring to Winning as in the 90% of the bracket of people with glorified opinions.. Have learnt a lot from the posts from said person but know that sarcasm is rife on here and beginners are not welcome.. Slan leat IPB
                                                                                                  Last edited by Kaiser; 04-12-12, 20:19.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    C'mon.. I gave a genuine opinion and you gave me a sarcastic response...

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Dude what did you expect/ want to hear? Nobody gets away from this ever.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Smart man..
                                                                                                        Glorified Gamblers on here,with vamped up opinions of themselves.. Putting down people who have a question that have the stupidness to think there are people with manners and normal social skills to answer in a mannerly fashion.. 90% of dickheads on here with these superiority complexes will end up in the gutter without a pot to piss in..
                                                                                                        Enjoy your superiority on a forum like this because sure as hell you ain't functioning outside your cyber world

Not referring to Winning as in the 90% of the bracket of people with glorified opinions.. Have learnt a lot from the posts from said person but know that sarcasm is rife on here and beginners are not welcome.. Slan leat IPB
                                                                                                        I like the cut of your gib young man . Dont be so hasty to leave , you might actually enjoy it here . Will buy you a pint if ever we meet .

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          I'm folding here mate. Yea we have a nice hand but, lets be honest, its not the absolute meganuts and villain can still have us beat here. Just let it go. We will have 8.5BB left so still plenty left to make a few moves.
                                                                                                          Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                          X