Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2020
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events

Old 06-02-10, 14:15   #1
BrianByrne

Looking for my First Live Appearance

Okay guys, so i turned 18 in December, been playing online since i was 16 and have played a total of 2 home games, both of which i won!

wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice at where a good starting point would be for live tournaments?

im living Near Drogheda atm, and repeating my leaving cert, so therefore have no job so buy-ins can not be too high, i can travel to Dublin and other reasonable areas

i do have a Bankrole online, which im sure i could take some of it off,

buy-ins no higher than 60E and i prefer freezeouts

Basically im just looking to get onto the Irish circuit and gain some experience in the live fields.

Again, all help/advice appreciated
BrianByrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 15:09   #2
PT_FTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianByrne View Post
buy-ins no higher than 60E and i prefer freezeouts

Basically im just looking to get onto the Irish circuit and gain some experience in the live fields.

Again, all help/advice appreciated

Brian, You will do no wrong by getting yourself along to Joe McKeevers club in Johnstown, Navan, (The JJP Poker Club). Its only 15 mins from u in Drogheda and we regularly get lads from ur area down to play since clubs in Drogheda have closed. Sunday nights prob your best night to start out with. Its a €50 freezeout, 10k chips, 8:30pm start. if you like the atmosphere then u can check out the other nights. NLHE games on 5 nights a week. Check out http://www.jjppokermania.ie to see the club details and pics etc.

Rgds, PT
PT_FTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 06-02-10, 15:15   #3
Eddie Durkin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_FTO View Post
Brian, You will do no wrong by getting yourself along to Joe McKeevers club in Johnstown, Navan, (The JJP Poker Club). Its only 15 mins from u in Drogheda and we regularly get lads from ur area down to play since clubs in Drogheda have closed. Sunday nights prob your best night to start out with. Its a 50 freezeout, 10k chips, 8:30pm start. if you like the atmosphere then u can check out the other nights. NLHE games on 5 nights a week. Check out http://www.jjppokermania.ie to see the club details and pics etc.

Rgds, PT
You really didn't have to go to the bother of setting up a gimmick account and then posting a few posts just to get your club mentioned (Joking if not true)

There's a live section in the forum where you can advertise what type of games you have etc
Eddie Durkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 15:49   #4
Ace

Forget about poker until your leaving is over, its just 4 months away.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 17:46   #5
PT_FTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
You really didn't have to go to the bother of setting up a gimmick account and then posting a few posts just to get your club mentioned (Joking if not true)

There's a live section in the forum where you can advertise what type of games you have etc
Well sorry for answering the lads question.......
Firstly, I just answered the questions he posted, ie: location of game, <60 freezeout, etc etc. secondly, its not my club, just where I like to play and enjoy the game.
Secondly, why do u say its a gimmick account. As far as I was aware this is a relativly new site and was only set up recently following on from the boards issue. Is it the case in ur opinion that everyone who signs up is gimmicky until proven otherwise!!, by u assumingly?? I have no intention nor did I have any purpose in advertising the club, just simply answering the lads questions.

If I wanted to advertise the club I would have written that on Tuesdays we have an 50 + 30 game, guaranteed 2k prize pool, Thursdays is a 20, 20, 20 game with a 500 guarantee, Friday is same game as Tuesday with the 2k guarantee, Saturday is a 40 turbo freezeout game, 15k starting chips and Sunday is what was in original post.......... Now thats what I would call a gimmicky mail to advertise the local club
PT_FTO is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 06-02-10, 17:59   #6
Eddie Durkin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_FTO View Post
Well sorry for answering the lads question.......
Firstly, I just answered the questions he posted, ie: location of game, <€60 freezeout, etc etc. secondly, its not my club, just where I like to play and enjoy the game.
Secondly, why do u say its a gimmick account. As far as I was aware this is a relativly new site and was only set up recently following on from the boards issue. Is it the case in ur opinion that everyone who signs up is gimmicky until proven otherwise!!, by u assumingly?? I have no intention nor did I have any purpose in advertising the club, just simply answering the lads questions.

If I wanted to advertise the club I would have written that on Tuesdays we have an €50 + €30 game, guaranteed €2k prize pool, Thursdays is a €20, €20, €20 game with a €500 guarantee, Friday is same game as Tuesday with the €2k guarantee, Saturday is a €40 turbo freezeout game, 15k starting chips and Sunday is what was in original post.......... Now thats what I would call a gimmicky mail to advertise the local club
No problem bud!

Thats why i put the smiley face and said about the live section incase i was wrong
Eddie Durkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 18:04   #7
BrianByrne

Ace i can see where your coming from buddy, and i have been putting a lot of time into my leaving cert so no worries there! taking a year out after this one, and its in that period im really gonna home my poker abilitys, FTO cheers for your responce, that certainly looks do-able, ill drop you a pm if im gonna be heading down any time soon!
Old 07-02-10, 12:15   #8
Raheny Red

I don't mean to come across as a prick but if you're repeating your LC you shouldn't be looking for any distractions. Some of these tourneys can go on for a few hours and you'll be banjaxed the next day. If I was you I'd put the head down and then get into the live poker scene in July. G'luck with both anyway!
Raheny Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 14:27   #9
emers guy

great game in mchughes drogheda next friday 35 freezout starting half 7.. should be about 50 runners...
emers guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 07-02-10, 14:33   #10
BrianByrne

Brilliant! 35 + reg? register on the day aswell? or pre?
Old 07-02-10, 18:11   #11
MegaSin

Voodoo card club in Dublin city centrre

Real easy to find every tournie is under 60 and friendly helpful staff. Where I played my first game not to long ago.

A great place to start imo.
MegaSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events