Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2020
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events

Old 28-01-10, 11:21   #1
big_iain

Send a message via MSN to big_iain
Irish Poker Rankings message to players/td's/clubs/organiser.

Irish Poker Rankings message to td's/clubs/organiser.

In a bid to be totally inclusive and to be fair to all clubs and tours we have decided to include every event and poker game in Ireland as a ranking event. With the new ranking formula each game will have weighted points available to your cashing players. This is based on number of players, buyin and the finishing position. details here: http://www.irishpokerrankings.com/in...ions&Itemid=52

There will be no minimun buyin and for most games the td's will need to enter the results directly into the IPR system(Passwords and logins will be sent to you). Although this creates a bit of extra work for you guys but all of your games will be advertised free of charge and it will enable players to see what is available in their area.

We will be featuring a club every week and talking about the players, winners and losers in each area.

We will be able to create individual leauges and club specific info on your own page and section on IPR.

All games from reputable tours and clubs from the 1st of January are to be included. We will have the interface ready for the last day of Febraury. In the mean time we will enter your results into the system for you if you send them to us by email.

Please use the following format for the resluts and send to results@irishpokerrankings.com

event name: Example : JP POKER: Molloys : 14/01/10 : 100

Number of players: Example : 87
Winners: Example : 1. Iain Cheyne, Longford.

As we will have players with the same name we need the city or area they live to identify them.

Please start sending results as the early adopters will benefit most.

This is open to all established and reputable clubs and tours in Ireland

Please post here if you require any further detailsor contact me iain@irishpokerrankings.com
big_iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 28-01-10, 11:30   #2
big_iain

Irish Poker Rankings message to Irish Players:

After completing the deal for the new sponsorship of Irish Poker Rankings 2010 (details will be coming next week) there will be a lot to play for.

The new ranking formula is being programmed as we speak and should be online within the next two weeks. Results since 1st of January will be added retrospectively.

In a bid to be totally inclusive for all players and clubs we are changing the rules on a qualifying events down to zero. All events in all reputable tours and clubs will qualify and if you have cashed this year then you already have points towards the rankings. Please talk to your club and ensure they psot them and get in touch with me to co-ordinate there login and password so they can post your results.

Until the end of February they can email us the results and we will put them in and the rankings should be up to date by the end of Febrary.

The one point i will make is that the point awarded will be weighted depending on the buyin, number of players and finishing positions. see here for examples :http://www.irishpokerrankings.com/in...ions&Itemid=52

Please ensure your local club is involved by asking them to participate. remember it is free for them and it only takes 5 mins to include your points in the rankings.

Please post here if you require any further info
Old 28-01-10, 16:00   #3
The Situation
Champ Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_iain View Post

Number of players: Example : 87
Winners: Example : 1. Iain Cheyne,
I know it's only an example but let's not lose all sense of reality here!
Old 28-01-10, 17:23   #4
kakak1

Best of luck with this, great idea, hope it works well,

Please check your email
kakak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-10, 18:21   #5
Laois Hammer
Irish Iron

New way of working out points is a nice touch.
Old 28-01-10, 19:44   #6
bops

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakak1 View Post
Best of luck with this, great idea, hope it works well,

Please check your email
I wonder who's winning the Waterford league??
bops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-10, 20:03   #7
kakak1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bops View Post

whoever the luckbox is he probably won't be around at the finish & it wouldn't account for much in these rankings
kakak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 15:42   #8
big_iain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bops View Post
Later in the year we will be able to tell you exactly who is the best in each town or city or county.

stay tuned
Old 29-01-10, 15:44   #9
big_iain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekop Dog View Post
I know it's only an example but let's not lose all sense of reality here!
Funny. It happened last saturday in the voodoo.
Thanks From:
Old 29-01-10, 17:26   #10
tipp86
LifeNit

Would you mean by this including a weekly 50 game with 1k gtd with 15-30 runners as part of the rankings?
tipp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-10, 17:31   #11
big_iain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipp86 View Post
Would you mean by this including a weekly 50 game with 1k gtd with 15-30 runners as part of the rankings?
Yes, every torunamnet in Ireland. The new rankings formula wouldn't award many points for it compared to say any of the majors but it would be included
Thanks From:
Old 30-01-10, 01:17   #12
Ste05

Threads merged and tidied...

Iain, if you want me to combine or change the text in the OP just shoot me a PM if you can't edit it yourself.

Ste
Ste05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 03-02-10, 21:44   #13
big_iain

irish poker rankings new point calculator is now up on the left hand side of the website. YOu can work out how many points you have received for your wins.

Club tours Organisers already on board (even before full launch)

Fitzwilliam
JP Poker
Hibernian
Celticpoker tour
Loft club Naas
Ceasers port laois
Voodoo
4 Aces
Eglinton
Banditz Poker
Tipp Poker

Many more to confirm

If you are interested in your events becoming part of the rankings then call me if you have the number or email to iain@irishpokerrankings.com

Last edited by big_iain; 04-02-10 at 10:32.
Old 04-02-10, 04:26   #14
JP Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_iain View Post
irish poker rankings new point calculator is now up on the left hand side of the website. YOu can work out how many points you have received for your wins.

Club tours Organisers already on board (even before full launch)

Fitzwilliam
Hibernian
Celticpoker tour
Loft club Naas
Ceasers port laois
Voodoo
4 Aces
Eglinton

Many more to confirm

If you are interested in your events becoming part of the rankings then call me if you have the number or email to iain@irishpokerrankings.com
Hi Ian,

I'd like to include my games also, I drop you a line after the deepstack.

jp
JP Poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 09:15   #15
DAMO72
Poker Face ringtone

Hi Iain , Could you please add BanditzPoker to the list.
DAMO72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 10:31   #16
big_iain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Poker View Post
Hi Ian,

I'd like to include my games also, I drop you a line after the deepstack.

jp
I was kinda expecting(hoping) you to be in the pot as well JP. Will be up at Deepstack on Sunday, hopefully i can get a few minutes with you.
Old 04-02-10, 10:31   #17
big_iain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMO72 View Post
Hi Iain , Could you please add BanditzPoker to the list.
no problem. Will give you a ring and sort it with you.
Old 05-02-10, 15:07   #18
big_iain

Boylepoker.com sponsors Irish Poker Rankings 2010 with a €10,000 prize for the winner

Ireland’s poker player of the year race, Irish Poker Rankings, offers €10,000 to the country’s leading player in 2010 courtesy of Boylepoker.com

Dublin, Ireland: February 5, 2010 – www.Boylepoker.com today announced its exclusive sponsorship of Ireland’s highly regarded Irish Poker Rankings 2010.
The overall winner of Irish Poker Rankings 2010 will walk away with a €10,000 sponsorship package courtesy of the new sponsor.
There will also be huge prizes on offer to successful ranking players throughout the year such as a free token into the online Monthly Million for the player who has earned the most points in any given month.
After a succesful launch in 2009 when Francis “Wally” McCormack won the title, the ranking points system has been expanded to include many more clubs and events and points will be awarded according to event buy-in, field size and finishing position. The formula can be found at www.irishpokerrankings.com.
Paul Spillane, Head of Poker at Boylepoker.com, explained the company’s involvement, saying, “We recognise Irish Poker Rankings as a fantastic way to connect with and bring together Ireland’s grass roots poker community.”
“It’s widely respected, highly competitive and a lot of fun, which is right up our street, and that’s why we’re delighted and very proud to sponsor this year’s race to the €10,000 sponsorship package!”
The idea for Irish Poker Rankings was formed at the 2008 Boylepoker.com International Poker Open, where one of Ireland’s global stars of the game, Andy Black, gave a free workshop to all the players at the tournament. In his talk, he asked players where they thought they ranked as a player: in their town, in their county, or in the country. On hearing this, poker player Iain Cheyne realised there was a need for a nationally recognised Irish ranking system, encompassing live events around the country and Irish Poker Rankings was born.

About Boylepoker

Boylepoker is part of the biggest European poker network — iPoker. Players have access to a huge range of tournaments running around the clock with massive guaranteed prize pools and the opportunity to qualify for prestigious live events. The company does not accept players from the U.S.

Last edited by big_iain; 05-02-10 at 17:16.

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events