Best Android Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
    looking for an app to install on my daughters phone (blackberry) that will send a copy of her sent and recieved texts to my phone or my email.
    also her phone is constantly locked so i would be looking for ideas on how to install it without her knowing.
    tut tut how old is she?

Chanel has a Blackberry, wonder would she know?
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

looking for an app to install on my daughters phone (blackberry) that will send a copy of her sent and recieved texts to my phone or my email.
      also her phone is constantly locked so i would be looking for ideas on how to install it without her knowing.
      Just send an email to hulkhogan@overprotectivefathers.com
      airport, lol

Comment

I'd imagine, and sincerely hope, that this isn't possible.
        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

would it not be better to just take it off her.she's obviously to young to have one
          inform yourself in forum with others

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
            I'd imagine, and sincerely hope, that this isn't possible.
            you think something like this isn't out there. i just want to know how do i install something like this on her phone with out her finding out.
            i could be wrong in this but i think that there is certain software/spyware out there that can be installed by just texting the target phone. i think it is only given away by the fact that a message shows up in your inbox.
            obviously my source for this is the pub so may or may not be true, but certainly dosn't seem too far fetched, i should really look at installing some kind of security on my phone.
            wonder is there a android security essentials type product out there?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

you think something like this isn't out there. i just want to know how do i install something like this on her phone with out her finding out.
              i could be wrong in this but i think that there is certain software/spyware out there that can be installed by just texting the target phone. i think it is only given away by the fact that a message shows up in your inbox.
              obviously my source for this is the pub so may or may not be true, but certainly dosn't seem too far fetched, i should really look at installing some kind of security on my phone.
              wonder is there a android security essentials type product out there?
              I obviously dont know how old she is but surely if shes too young that you cant trust her sms then take the phone off her. If shes older and you want to read her SMS because of worry or something I think your best option is asking her.

I know when I was younger if I found out my mam or dad was reading my SMS even if I was 12 or 13 I would be extremely upset. Just a thought.
              Last edited by A_CitizenErased; 22-02-12, 00:19.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                I obviously dont know how old she is but surely if shes too young that you cant trust her sms then take the phone off her. If shes older and you want to read her SMS because of worry or something I think your best option is asking her.

I know when I was younger if I found out my mam or dad was reading my SMS even if I was 12 or 13 I would be extremely upset. Just a thought.
                nothing wrong with her having a phone.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

My first post being a joke whether I agree with what you do or not is none of my business, I wouldn't think there's anyway of setting this up as a regular app and hiding it, unless of course we are talking about a very young child who won't notice the app in the menu. There's no way of hiding a regular app from the menu
                  airport, lol

Comment

i had to block internet access on DS for for my kids as they were looking at some crazy stuff

as for blackberry there is PhoneSheriff but dont know whether that suits your requirements

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                      i had to block internet access on DS for for my kids as they were looking at some crazy stuff

as for blackberry there is PhoneSheriff but dont know whether that suits your requirements
                      Blocking, or restricting internet access is fair enough. It's to protect a child.
                      But spying on SMS without them knowing is another thing altogether. And not a good idea imo.

There are ways to restrict it so that calls and texts can only be made to approved numbers, might be an acceptable option

Comment

I've a custom ROM flashed on my phone (HTC Desire HD), what's the quickest/easiest way to revert to non rooted standard ROM? When my phone checks for updates it detects one available but it says it wont delete any apps or data, does that mean installing it over an unofficial ROM will cause problems?

I'm pretty sure I have the old ROM backed up, just wondering if this would be a quick solution or something potentially very harmful.
                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                          I've a custom ROM flashed on my phone (HTC Desire HD), what's the quickest/easiest way to revert to non rooted standard ROM? When my phone checks for updates it detects one available but it says it wont delete any apps or data, does that mean installing it over an unofficial ROM will cause problems?

I'm pretty sure I have the old ROM backed up, just wondering if this would be a quick solution or something potentially very harmful.
                          I was messing around with ROM's last night and wanted to switch back to the stock rom, after messing around and reading stuff on reverting I just tried to the factory reset, on the Wildfire S hold down the -volume & power button at the same time selected factory rest and it reverted back to the original rom.

Hopefully its something like that for you.
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

handy app here.
                            You download it to your fone AFTER you have lost it and it sends the fones location to you.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Whats the best app for browsing the interweb?

Comment

I'm really liking goggle chrome beta on ics, syncs all your bookmarks and its easy to go between windows/tabs. Dolphin hd is good to,gestures is really cool feature i think

Comment

Is ICS worth updating to? I've the S2 with litening ROM installed currently. What are the main features of ICS?
                                  NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Can i update the software on my Galaxy S , its currently saying firmware version 2.1 update 1 .
                                    Can it be updated and how much is it .
                                    Step by step idiots guide would be helpfull

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                      Can i update the software on my Galaxy S , its currently saying firmware version 2.1 update 1 .
                                      Can it be updated and how much is it .
                                      Step by step idiots guide would be helpfull
                                      samsung kies baby

Comment

samsung kies baby
                                        Done this today , just pooching around now to see whats different . The first thing i noticed is the phone seems a lot faster .

Comment

samsung kies baby
                                          Not sure i like this now , is there any way of going back ??

Comment

Swift key 3, try it out, cool keyboard app also Skyfire I find is prob the best browser app I have come across so far.

Comment

Nexus 7 Project Hubs UI
                                              sample
                                              SPOILER

This is my Hubs layout on my Nexus 7.Links:Iconia A500 Hubs thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1232359Root Toolkit http://forum.xda-deve...

Basically each screen has a theme, each screen has a folder of wallpapers it cycles through and at the bottom are buttons that take you to the screen with that name.
                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-07-12, 15:55.
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                Nexus 7 Project Hubs UI
                                                sample
                                                SPOILER

This is my Hubs layout on my Nexus 7.Links:Iconia A500 Hubs thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1232359Root Toolkit http://forum.xda-deve...

Basically each screen has a theme, each screen has a folder of wallpapers it cycles through and at the bottom are buttons that take you to the screen with that name.
                                                rumour has it dixons in airport have a couple. too lazy to go up so maybe theyll have them on thursday when im there
                                                airport, lol

Comment

quick one for adding flash.

The nexus 7 uses Jellybean and most android fones should be pushing it out over the next few days (my Google Nexus already done so)

Download Adobe Flash Play 11.1 apk here or download it from XDA Developers. After the file has downloaded open and install it. Please be sure that “Install from unkown sources” is checked off in the Android settings for the Nexus 7. (Copy to a fodler on your phone/table and use something like Astro File Manger to browse to it on your device, click install)
                                                  Install Firefox Beta browser from the Android Market.
                                                  That’s it, now you have Flash support on your Android 4.1 (JellyBean)

easy peasy

Comment

Was just looking around play store and came across this very nice app. Just downloaded an album straight to phone in less than ten mins. Also currently downloading a movie off kickass.

Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Went onto the play store to download pokerstars for some late cash. All the reviews are saying its play Money tables - is it? Is there any app that works?
                                                      Also can ya deposit on it?
                                                      Thanks in advance
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Last time I played the Stars app I couldn't deposit.
                                                        There were real money tables though.
                                                        I think you can only play one table of zoom at a time though and 4 tables total.

Comment

you dont download it from the app store. google it on your device and download it from there. Nearly positive thats how I did it !
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                            you dont download it from the app store. google it on your device and download it from there. Nearly positive thats how I did it !
                                                            yeah that's right it's on pokerstars site as well.
                                                            Just go to www.pokerstars.com on your device and it should be able to tell you are connecting from a mobile device and redirect you to a page where you can download the app.

Yeah google don't allow apps that allow you to gamble in the play store

Comment

Google are having a .25c sale to celebrate 25 Million App downloads

Next 5 days a selection of Games/Movies/Books and Mags will be 25c

Some real good bargains here.
                                                              I just picked up Office Suite Pro (usual price $15.99)

FAO: Nexus Users;
                                                              Get your free $25 and go to town

Official Press Release:

Whether you’re looking for directions, checking email or sharing a picture with friends, apps are now an indispensable part of life. And if you’re using Android, it all starts with Google Play, home to 675,000 apps and games. That’s a lot of choice. We’ve now crossed 25 billion downloads from Google Play, and to celebrate we’re offering some great discounts for the next five days.

Every day you’ll be able to choose from a collection of apps from some of the world’s top developers including Gameloft, Electronic Arts, Rovio, runtastic, Full Fat and more. And all for just 25 cents. We’ll also be offering some special collections like 25 movies you must own, 25 banned books, 25 albums that changed the world and our 25 top selling magazines, all at special prices.

Twenty-five billion is more than twice the distance, in miles, that the Voyager 1 spacecraft has travelled since its launch 35 years ago. It’s the amount of time, in minutes, that have passed since some of our earliest ancestors began to set foot in Europe. And now, thanks to all of you, it’s a Google Play milestone. We look forward to the next 25 billion.

Posted by Jamie Rosenberg, Director, Digital Content
                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 27-09-12, 10:02.

Comment

Any here have a HTC and find the Sat Nav (navigation app) is abysmal? Mine constantly loses signal and then when it eventually gets signal it had my location all wrong.
                                                                It's been like that on my last 2 HTC's as well? Maybe I'm missing something.
                                                                Last edited by RoadSweeper; 27-09-12, 10:29.

Comment

Last day of the 25c app sale

Comment

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 01-10-12, 12:44.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

One from my post in BBv earlier
                                                                      here are the profiles for most popular sixaxis games

Comment

Think this would be any good for my nexus?

Just wondering if the keyboard bit would be worth it?

Comment

nope.

I wouldnt bother with that at all.
                                                                          I'll stick a few nice cases up and seriously unless you are doing some serious stuff, i cannot see the need for a keyboard.
                                                                          I have a terminal setup on mine and still dont use a keyboard

Comment

Could do with a case myself any links to.what's decent? Something similar to iPad smart cover be good
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Trying to sort the screen rotation. Any ideas? Got the app but still not rotating. Mind tired so might be missing something obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                Trying to sort the screen rotation. Any ideas? Got the app but still not rotating. Mind tired so might be missing something obvious.
                                                                                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dC5yb3RhdGUiXQ..
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

I said I have got the app

Thought I had it set to auto rotate but it wont. Prefer that for browsing on ipb etc.

Comment

Excellent NFL highlights app

use MX player for best results

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                      forget the app.
                                                                                      Root the device and get the ROM toolbox and change the dpi
                                                                                      or simply get another launcher

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        Could do with a case myself any links to.what's decent? Something similar to iPad smart cover be good
                                                                                        Flip Cases Brand,Model,Price,Materials,Colors,"Smart",Hand Strap,Stand,Stylus Holder,Other Features,N7 Specific,Weight (Nexus 7 weighs 12 oz),Pros,Cons,Reviews,Reddit Thread Asus,Travel Cover,

Comment

forget the app.
                                                                                          Root the device and get the ROM toolbox and change the dpi
                                                                                          or simply get another launcher
                                                                                          It actually did work... Didn't notice icon at top. Will leave be for now and sleep!

Comment

You get one yourself?
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

What's the story with free andriod apps (yes SP a fucking google phone)
                                                                                              asking for mad access to everything on your phone?

Surprised (semi-)tech minded people so comfortable downloading apps that give so much access tbh!

paid apps much better???

Haven't rooted phone and not pushed on doing it until I have actually used the phone for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Surprised (semi-)tech minded people so comfortable downloading apps that give so much access tbh!

paid apps much better???

Haven't rooted phone and not pushed on doing it until I have actually used the phone for a while
                                                                                                most of the free ones are fine. I tend to buy the paid version of the ones I use lots like Doggcatcher and TuneInRadio just to support the developers.

I rarely bother with rooting until there is something I actually need to do it for and so far that hasn't arisen on the S3. Though if the JellyBean roll out doesn't happen soon I'll probably try it out when I get time.

I bought that Rebuild on the 25c sale that Hitch recommended...tried playing it and have been randomly pressing buttons and I have no clue what on earth is going on... its day 15 and I'm still alive

Comment

You get one yourself?
                                                                                                  picked up a hard shell case on holiday
                                                                                                  I rarely if ever use it to be honest.....only as a stand to play games/watch movies

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

paid apps much better???

The access is pretty standard to be honest.
                                                                                                    USB access to write to SD card
                                                                                                    system access to stop the screen going to sleep
                                                                                                    Phone access to kill the app if the phone rings etc etc

Comment

How does one root a phone SP? Is there much of a downside?

Comment

No downside just follow a simple guide like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                          How does one root a phone SP? Is there much of a downside?
                                                                                                          +1 on this. I tried it last year for the HTC and had not a clue what to do even with a guide.
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            No downside just follow a simple guide like this one.
                                                                                                            is it as simple as this? is this all you have to do and will it work on the s3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaXu...yer_detailpage
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

The access is pretty standard to be honest.
                                                                                                              USB access to write to SD card
                                                                                                              system access to stop the screen going to sleep
                                                                                                              Phone access to kill the app if the phone rings etc etc
                                                                                                              saw popular ones last night that were looking for full internet access (and then according to some reviews ran adverts for porn /*is this real or just competitors fucking around?) and the ability to look thru your contacts and make calls
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 02-10-12, 11:35.

Comment

is it as simple as this? is this all you have to do and will it work on the s3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaXu...yer_detailpage
                                                                                                                You are better off looking at it being done on your exact fone model
                                                                                                                If you’re looking to pick up a Samsung phone, from the Galaxy Note 20 to the Galaxy S21, and everything else in between, we got you covered with the best deals from the biggest phone netw...

Comment

You are better off looking at it being done on your exact fone model
                                                                                                                  http://www.knowyourmobile.com/samsun...galaxy_s3.html
                                                                                                                  I am having problems with the second file , it wont exctract?

tar file??
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Open ODIN

Click the button marked ‘PDA'

Choose the .tar file you unzipped earlier
                                                                                                                    you dont need to unzip it
                                                                                                                    also ensure you have you fone backed up first!

Comment

you dont need to unzip it
                                                                                                                      also ensure you have you fone backed up first!
                                                                                                                      so just save it to desktop and use when needed?
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

yup

Just RTFM

Comment

I like the look of this one.
                                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X