Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    stan james have herrera @ 33/1 for first booking, probably call it a palp later but worth a dirty £20
    Only 10/1 on PP!

Comment

Backed both goalkeepers man of the match at 20's and 25's.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
        This has been asked a billion times too but -

Going rate for cash in a card for wedding? Groom is a good mate.
        Groom is white.
        One of my good mates gave me a light up sacred heart portrait. I thought it was brilliant but my Mrs wasn't too impressed
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Proper toastmasters speech tomorrow.
          In serious danger up disappearing entirely up my own arse tomorrow
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            One of my good mates gave me a light up sacred heart portrait. I thought it was brilliant but my Mrs wasn't too impressed
            My mother in law said that she was going to give us a child of Prague statue for the new house. I told her that we wouldn't be putting that in the house, but I still got the feeling that she thought i was joking.

Comment

That new crashed lives ad is tough going.

Comment

Best of luck.

I'm doing more standup on Tuesday. In the Ha'Penny Bridge Inn. I go on about half 9. Is a fiver in if you say you're there to see me. Would be nice to have some support.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Not often you find yourself agreeing with Souness but this is pathetic from United. I guess you could say it is a professional performance but with the quality they have in that team surely there are better ways that launching every turnover over the top at Rashford.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                    Not often you find yourself agreeing with Souness but this is pathetic from United. I guess you could say it is a professional performance but with the quality they have in that team surely there are better ways that launching every turnover over the top at Rashford.

Opr
                    Their defence has been good.

All 11 of them

Comment

Bitter lolpool fans are visible from space apparently. The great Wall is nuthin mate.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                          Bitter lolpool fans are visible from space apparently. The great Wall is nuthin mate.
                          For one night only I didn't mind seeing utd win.

The fact ye are shite , as are pool, seems to be lost on utd and pool fans though. It's about time we all realised we are has beens.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                            For one night only I didn't mind seeing utd win.

The fact ye are shite , as are pool, seems to be lost on utd and pool fans though. It's about time we all realised we are has beens.
                            Two trophies and the group stages. Not bad for has beens . I agree with you pool comment though :-).

Jose doesn't do the beautiful game though . Bring back whiskey nose

Comment

Not often you win a European Cup playing absolutely dire football

Also not often that you finish the season with 2 trophies, a charity shield and qualification for the Champions League and think, Jesus, we were fucking awful this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                Two trophies and the group stages. Not bad for has beens . I agree with you pool comment though :-).

Jose doesn't do the beautiful game though . Bring back whiskey nose
                                Seriously though, the football was poor and ye were spoiled with fergie but mourinho knows how to win finals. Never gave ajax a sniff. Co should be fun next year. Thank fuck ye didn't take pool spot would be unbearable

Comment

One last utd comment and I'm putting on my Kerry hat til hopefully Sept . That win could be diff between griesman signing or not and he is a scary proposition imo

Comment

Would be a lol if Liverpool fail to qualify now after all the shite talking about United

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      Seriously though, the football was poor and ye were spoiled with fergie but mourinho knows how to win finals. Never gave ajax a sniff. Co should be fun next year. Thank fuck ye didn't take pool spot would be unbearable
                                      Tonight wasn't as awful as Souey said. They at least had the intensity missing in a lot of games . PL was strange this year . Spurs were the team to watch. For your guys with CL possible (not in it for real yet) will be a touch season to get 4th again . Yer defence is a lottery

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                        Would be a lol if Liverpool fail to qualify now after all the shite talking about United
                                        New manager or new players needed or united will be out early and outside top 4 again m8. Liverpool made the top 4 with a squad nowhere near as good as united.

Comment

Next up the Super Cup . Too many games man

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                            So the important thing is that there is no real evidence or suggestion of mental illness or depression in the series.

With that in mind -

Kills herself over something that happens and has happened to teens since the beginning of time. Or at least something contextually relative.

It never shows her talking to her parents about anything that was happening.

Leaves tapes blaming people she knew.

Lets her parents find her but doesn't explain anything.

Come on.

Did you watch it?

Location?
                                            Have cans.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

so the other two babies learned to hop up the branches and left this angry little fucker behind, hes crying all evening

SPOILER
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Quite possibly a complete fabrication but a good yarn nonetheless.

Lots of terrible news today including the sad passing of Roger Moore but this fab story is worth a read as @Mrkenshabby writes, “This truly wonderful Roger story from Marc Haynes is soothing my aching soul” Us too chap, us too. Man – welling up now! And so are other people: “They broke the mould, …

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                  Quite possibly a complete fabrication but a good yarn nonetheless.

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/05/23/...ve-been-great/
                                                  Was posted earlier.

Scarlet for you. Terrible werewolf and a reposter.

Comment

Went to my first one last night coincidentally. Looking forward to getting more into it!

Comment

Hope to bring WayneFest to Dublin in June.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                        Hope to bring WayneFest to Dublin in June.
                                                        need dates in advance to book holidays.

Comment

He said you and dave are harder to get out than he is. He is running it past his superior.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                            so the other two babies learned to hop up the branches and left this angry little fucker behind, hes crying all evening

SPOILER

Comment

Painting fence with woodstain. Tin says 'One coat' , wife says "Do a second coat"

Multinational paint company are wrong

Mowing lawn with wheels on mower set in lowest notch. Wife says "I would like it shorter" Lower to below engineered notches (resting on frame)

Multinational lawnmower maker company make design flaw

All this good weather reminds me of the superior intelligence of the female species. Yes, I am convinced they are a different species.

Tea break over I better get going ..

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                Painting fence with woodstain. Tin says 'One coat' , wife says "Do a second coat"

Multinational paint company are wrong

Mowing lawn with wheels on mower set in lowest notch. Wife says "I would like it shorter" Lower to below engineered notches (resting on frame)

Multinational lawnmower maker company make design flaw

All this good weather reminds me of the superior intelligence of the female species. Yes, I am convinced they are a different species.

Tea break over I better get going ..

My wife painted the shed and cut the grass
                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                  Messy time to get a Brazilian but sure if she's doing it herself.

TMI btw .

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                    played my first game (??) of Cricket yesterday evening. Not quite a full test game but rather we were in Urban Cricket (www.urbancricketireland.com) and it was good fun a group work activity. Would recommend.
                                                                    how was your batting style? Thinking more 'effective' than 'graceful'.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                      Robot lawnmower being installed on Saturday. Sadly I'm excited!
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                        Got one a few years ago - quite possibly the best money I ever spent!

Comment

I want to see a video of this.

This could be a life high point

Comment

Never heard of a robot mower. Googled it. Mind blown
                                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Maybe get a robot wife:

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                Never heard of a robot mower. Googled it. Mind blown
                                                                                I'm assuming it's like a robot vacuum cleaner with blades

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  I want to see a video of this.

This could be a life high point
                                                                                  Lol. I'll do a David Attenborough style commentary over the video...

And here in the depths of rural Kildare we have a new breed of mower...an automower...watch as it glides across the lawn of V4V quietly trimming his lawn and leaving a thin layer of cut grass to enrich the lawn...It's GPS unit allowing it to utilise a random walk pattern to ensure no tracks are embedded in the Lawn and the grass is cut in different directions to ensure a carpet like surface...Meanwhile V4V lies tucked up in his bed as the near silence of the electric motor keeps his lazy ass undisturbed...
                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                    I'm assuming it's like a robot vacuum cleaner with blades
                                                                                    That's next. A robo vacuum and floor washer. One tenth of the price of the automower so clearly a bargain!

Comment

That's next. A robo vacuum and floor washer. One tenth of the price of the automower so clearly a bargain!
                                                                                      robo nappy changer and you're all set

the car is the tipping point imo

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

This Bitcoin really is blowing up. Annoying me I don't own any.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                              Sold mine at $900 for 50% profit a few years ago and felt good about it lololol
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Can't see it being able to move picnic table, strim edges or dispose of cut grass. Would be great if lawn was clear and no raised edges.

Why not these as well......

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                  Agricultural but effective. Well able to slap them away from a current Clontarf bowler but I suspect with decent fielders id be out for 0. That said, give me a month of practice and I'd fancy it.
                                                                                                  Once you have the hand\eye co-ordination, you're half-way there - and with your hurling background you should be all grand there. Anyone bowling straight-up shouldn't be a problem, unless they're fast, which you won't ever come across. If you do, I don't recommend getting hit in the nuts at 120kph
                                                                                                  .

A bit of spin though and things might look like this:

Comment

This was Shane Warne's first ball in Test cricket:

the look of 'WTF just happened?' on Gatting's face (experienced and very good Test batsman) is a joy to behold

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                      Sold mine at $900 for 50% profit a few years ago and felt good about it lololol
                                                                                                      It'd be great to remember that I took a punt on a couple of hundred dollars worth in 2010 and forgot about them until now.

Sadly though...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        This was Shane Warne's first ball in Test cricket:

the look of 'WTF just happened?' on Gatting's face (experienced and very good Test batsman) is a joy to behold
                                                                                                        Greatest sports song evah

Made this while trying to learn Adobe Premiere...Apologies for the casual nudity in the cheese roll scene.
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just when you think you think the Internet can't wierd you out anymore, along comes the story of Juan Baptista dos Santos.... WTF!

I am inclined to call bullshit on Dumas though.

Still not sure how how I ended up there, I was simply reading about Christopher McCandless after watching the film Into the Wild and two or three clicks later ended up there.

Internet eh!
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                            I didn't mean to get any but somebody paid me a bit and it's gone up 1300% now lols. Even dogecoin made people loads of profit recently. Since I own so little I'll leave it there til I retire as a millionaire on my half bitcoin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              I didn't mean to get any but somebody paid me a bit and it's gone up 1200% now lols. Even dogecoin made people loads of profit recently. Since I own so little I'll leave it there til I retire as a millionaire on my half bitcoin.
                                                                                                              Bose headset in the bag....Might let it ride now!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                My plan is to wait until it goes up enough, then buy a set of these:

https://www.bose.ie/en_ie/products/h...n-headset.html
                                                                                                                Can you do it yet?

EDIT: snap!

Comment

We signed up last week to a service from a UK company. Haven't received the product yet or paid anything to them, just signed. I emailed them yesterday saying we had changed our mind and had decided to cancel the service.

Got a call from them there saying there is no cooling off period in business to business contracts.

Google says that's correct in the UK, can anyone tell me if that's the case here?

If so what are our options?

If we tell them to gtfo what are the repercussions?
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

Have the vacuum, recommend it, but never found a good one for mopping

Comment

Yeah that's correct.

Obviously it's company dependent but a rant on their FB / other social media page is the quickest way for them to change their minds.

Although it doesn't sound like you have much to complain about. You placed an order and it probably has been processed to an extent on their end.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          yeah there's no cooling off period in business contracts in Ireland either. Is it for enough that they'd want to legally follow up? Might be best giving the mimimum notice period on the service part of the product now, and sucking up the loss (and deciding to only enter contracts you want to in future ). Unless of course they made misrepresentations to get you to sign the contract.
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                          Yeah that's correct.

Obviously it's company dependent but a rant on their FB / other social media page is the quickest way for them to change their minds.

Although it doesn't sound like you have much to complain about. You placed an order and it probably has been processed to an extent on their end.
                                                                                                                          It's a company called PHMG, they offer professional studio recorded hold music and marketing. You can only make 4 changes per year to the content. They wanted 2800 p/a for it initially but I told the sales guy (a prick) to gtfo, my boss signed a deal for 1400 per year. They hadn't done anything other than a demo yet as they were waiting for me to supply them with copy.

I then signed up with Blueface for a new Voip system and that system offers all the functionality for us to do it ourselves and make as many changes as we need for a fraction of the cost.

Meh, maybe have to suck it up.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X