• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carnage today
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Based on the performance of Flaxen Flare in the Div 2 Triumph, I've had to go in again on Our Conor. Heavily.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Based on the performance of Flaxen Flare in the Div 2 Triumph, I've had to go in again on Our Conor. Heavily.
        Strongly considering following you, might be the only way to save the week
        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Not a bad day as Sprinter gives me a right good sweat, waiting on Dynaste to bring up a treble and an accum, will be worth a right few quid, thinking about laying off but where to look, i just dont know

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
            Strongly considering following you, might be the only way to save the week
            Dom will have to turn the lights off if it loses
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by terryl View Post
              sgt reckless in d last...get on....
              he'll be in a burger in tesco nxt week..

Comment

Great stuff today from GAB. WP indeed.

Comment

Spent the last hour frantically scrolling my online accounts looking for my Our Conor ante post bet. Real scare when I couldnt find it, was sure I had €75 ew at 6/1. Onto support on PP and Boyle and no sign. Gutted, put €150 win on at 7/2. Check Ladbrokes by off chance, there it is except was €150 win @ 6/1. Meh, no guts no glory!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                    bit left of centre but I have backed Long Lunch in the 5.30 Huntingdon - dont worry if he is soft in the market.
                    Thats interesting because John Jo's was expected and was pulled out late.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

1.30 Aupcharlie
                      2.05 Berties Dream e/w
                      2.40 Cue Card
                      3.20 Smad Place
                      4.00 Casey Top e/w
                      4.40 Prince of Pirates
                      5.15 A New Story e/w
                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

1-30: Dynaste
                        2-05: Captain Sunshine
                        4-00: Cantlow
                        4-40: Super Duty

My l15 for tomorrow after todays disaster.

Comment

What price is Our Conor going to go off? He's now getting held on the machine at 3's!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                            What price is Our Conor going to go off? He's now getting held on the machine at 3's!

Opr
                            Im on a small bit at 10s another bit @ 6s and again today @ 7/2 with some profit.
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              Im on a small bit at 10s another bit @ 6s and again today @ 7/2 with some profit.
                              Some cowardly swines stuck in a lay at 4.1 for a decent amount almost straight after my post (No one on this forum would be looking to hedge?)

Opr

Comment

Some cowardly swines stuck in a lay at 4.1 for a decent amount almost straight after my post (No one on this forum would be looking to hedge?)

Opr
                                €169 available at 4.2 now
                                My money's a few stops up the queue

Comment

I don't think any measures taken by the government to take this country out of recession can compare to the impact Our Conor winning tomorrow will have. Seems like half the country are on by now.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    I don't think any measures taken by the government to take this country out of recession can compare to the impact Our Conor winning tomorrow will have. Seems like half the country are on by now.
                                    Mrs Duke eventually worked out that Cheltenham is on and asked me for tips.

'back Our Conor, Noel's horse. You know, the one I told you about?'

'Which one is Noel again, is he the one with the crazy diet?'

'No, that's Olly. Noel is the guy with the horse.'

'Is he the one you always get completely pissed when you go out with him?'

'Yes!'

Solid name recognition. I now have a fiver to place on OC in her name, she also has it in her head that he's going to win a Gold Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Mrs Duke eventually worked out that Cheltenham is on and asked me for tips.

'back Our Conor, Noel's horse. You know, the one I told you about?'

'Which one is Noel again, is he the one with the crazy diet?'

'No, that's Olly. Noel is the guy with the horse.'

'Is he the one you always get completely pissed when you go out with him?'

'Yes!'

Solid name recognition. I now have a fiver to place on OC in her name, she also has it in her head that he's going to win a Gold Cup.
                                      PMSL!!
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Sklansky bucks rich after Days 1 & 2, smashed SPs with anteposts on My Tent, Pont Alex, Pendra, Bordoni etc but no chicken.

Today I'm relying mostly on Gimmeabreak's HayesWise service, as previewed on @FinalFurlongPod Day3 podcast preview, i.e. Aupcharlie, Hada Men & Jetson, Cantlow, Chartreux.

With First Lieutenant & Albertas Run in the Ryanair, Reve de Sivola, Bog Warrior & Wonderful Charm in the World.

Even if it all goes Pete Tong (again!), my 33/1 Our Conor ticket WILL just about get me out.

Have a good Day 3, all!

Comment

Havent had any real interest all week but today is my last day in work before I head off to Mexico so in the spirit of doing SFA Ill be blindly following Noel advice today and watching/listening to the races in work to break up the day.

Any profits shall be a bonus. If I bink Ill be sure to bring Mr.Hayes back a nice bottle of Tequila.
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

You just gotta love accumulators, trixies, patents and all the rest.

I've €50 riding on a smattering of GAB's tips for the day backed to win and e/w with all sorts of combos.

If the 4 horses win I win €45k. Funktastic stuff really. I just hope the first one does the business and the sweat starts from there.....
                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Opr
                                              i dont know, reckon he'll go off @ 5/2-9/4ish maybe less,when you think about it,oc will come into the mind of most day to day punters tomorrow morning,he'll get tons of media exposure in the daily newspapers as well as the previews tonight and so on(the concept of value just doesn't exist for most)i would think that amount of money riding on oc could very well double between the hours of 10am-1.30pm tomorrow morning given the time of the race(ie first race on the card)anyways a few good wans to look out for today

v neck and foundation

SPOILER
                                              ones a fine jumper and just stick your house on the other

boom-boom
                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                You just gotta love accumulators, trixies, patents and all the rest.

I've €50 riding on a smattering of GAB's tips for the day backed to win and e/w with all sorts of combos.

If the 4 horses win I win €45k. Funktastic stuff really. I just hope the first one does the business and the sweat starts from there.....
                                                If all 6 win im in for a solid 3.2MM from my 2 euro stake.

I may be looking for some financial advice at the end of todays racing so dont turn your phone off just because you won 45K.

For someone of my racking knowledge its all about the ridic accumulators.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I'm on our Conor at all sorts of prices so obviously want him top win as much as anyone, but in the interest of balance I was intending on doing a post outlining some possible negatives, a devils advocate sort of post if you like.

I've come to the conclusion that that is impossible. Bar a slight possibility that he beat a hype horse in diakali last time, there's nothing negative I can say. His form has been franked over and over again and conditions should suit him down to a tee. He is bombproof. I don't think I will be able to resist going in again.

Comment

on solwit and junior today for a bit of interest!
                                                    https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

just the one place yesterday for me with my ante post going down as-well so no joy there,have a tenner e/w on Freneys Well @ 40/1 from monday.had a good look at the Pertemps Final (2.05)don't fancy sam winner at the price at all tbh,wooobie reckons the horse is a great bet but not for me anyways given recent stats if he's good enough good luck to him,think the winner will come from
                                                      Bouggler,According to Trev,Bakbenscher,Pateese,American Spin,Berties Dream & Hada Men.going with According To Trev @ 22/1,Berties Dream @ 40/1 and hada men @ 40/1,score each way on each with 1/4 odds first five.good luck all
                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

PP shops First Lieutenant 11/4 max €200.

Comment

Any worries Noel that Chartreux hasn't been moving on the markets?
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Todays huge bet

£1 e/w acc

Texas Jack - 13:30
                                                            Top of the Range - 14:05
                                                            Cue Card 14:40
                                                            Deal Done 16:40

Potential return - £22,863

Comment

Plan B...
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Cooper breaking his Chelts duck has to be seen as another positive for tomorrow. In other news I'm doing my proverbials,
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Close House is my biggest bet of the week each way. I really think they have had this one planned for him for twelve months when he ran a very good race when finishing fourth to Simonsig. I'm having a saver on According to Trev which is a stablemate of the horse which beat Close House here in November.
                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Cooper breaking his Chelts duck has to be seen as another positive for tomorrow. In other news I'm doing my proverbials,
                                                                    Hes up on First Lieutenant now. Davy Russell stood down for the day.

Comment

Fecket was on Russel 4/1 top jock without the big 2

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                        Fecket was on Russel 4/1 top jock without the big 2
                                                                        Punctured lung they mentioned, gone tomorrow if the case

Comment

cue card

Some ride that was!
                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

If Reve doesn't win I'd love to see Solwhit reel in the years, such a classy travelers/jumper in his peak, amazed we've not seen him tackle a fence.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

missed the start of the race - what happened to Menorah? just tailed off?

Comment

Reve De Sivola is a big price.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                  fiddled the one before the stands and never really recovered. My impression anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                    pulled up

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      have layed Oscar Whiskey at 4.2 and could now lay him at 3.75 - the way I am running this is a sure fire omen that you should be smashing into Oscar W!
                                                                                      No negativity!

Chartreux will do the business and I'll be buying myself an armful of custom shirts and a tablet in it's honour.

Our Conor will pay for a weekend in Aldridge lodge and a nice steak and lobster meal at the end of the month.

Believe.

Comment

Get in..a place...
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Finally a winner Classic Carberry ride
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Finally I got a decent priced winner. I had to go to the GP so missed the race. Maybe I should just not look or listen to any race for the rest of the day.
                                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Balls...Cantlow out.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Looked like a bad enough bleed, surprised they were willing to let him run. Potential PR disaster avoided.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Fucking hell this is a bad day

Comment

Dynaste leaves me down for €3500, was waiting on 3 dockets with him, a treble, accum and a 6 horse accum, fairly sick.

Comment

haha Venetia just pawned Balding reminding her of her grand national teeth faux pas when Threadwell just won there.

Comment

Finally a winner Classic Carberry ride
                                                                                                        My first winner of the festivel too. Stiill behind but confident about Chatreux and Arabella Boy

Comment

1 Carrickboy (L Treadwell) 50-1
                                                                                                          2 Vino Griego (J E Moore) 11-1
                                                                                                          3 Tartak (R Johnson) 20-1
                                                                                                          4 Hunt Ball (Nick Scholfield) 8-1
                                                                                                          No 13 Cantlow (6-1) was withdrawn not under orders. Rule 4 applies to
                                                                                                          all bets. Deduct 10p in the £.

Comment

what happens that bet btw?
                                                                                                            It's in as Void, money back?

edit looks that way
                                                                                                            In all horse races, excluding ante-post bets, if a horse is withdrawn, not under starter’s orders, bets will be settled in accordance with Tattersalls Rule 4(c), which says that backers of the withdrawn horse will have their stakes refunded.
                                                                                                            my biggest winner today
                                                                                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 14-03-13, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                                                              Dynaste leaves me down for €3500, was waiting on 3 dockets with him, a treble, accum and a 6 horse accum, fairly sick.
                                                                                                              I feel your pain. To a lesser extent Ruby screwed me yesterday winning the last at 25/1 as i backed him to have no winners on Wednesday and only made the bookies(boyles dame st a hive of scum and villainy btw) in time to see him scoot in. Today a bit of a disaster, just a good job i kicked the door down with Quevega.

Comment

Pretty lolworthy performance from me this week solidly doing my bollix.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                  (boyles dame st a hive of scum and villainy btw).
                                                                                                                  Confirmed. The local methadone aficionados like to use it as their base of operations. Much nicer one on Wicklow Street, always quiet and patronised solely by respectable degens.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                                                                    Pretty lolworthy performance from me this week solidly doing my bollix.
                                                                                                                    OC has the hopes of a nation on him

Comment

Our Conor now my biggest bet of the year. Chartreux and either BobsWorth or SDC winning would also go a long way towards getting me out of it

Comment

On Romanesco and Alfie Sherrin and did a R/FC just in case I get it very right!

Comment

I think people should relax on Our Conor and not rush in today. There will be other gambles and the price right now is too low. I can see him drifting tomorrow in the last hour before the race. I could be very wrong about that but I've seen it too often to ignore.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X