On the bubble, AQs in late pos facing UTG raise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the bubble, AQs in late pos facing UTG raise

I'd like to get some opinions on this one please.

Live tourney. Freeroll, but 50 euro rebuy and topup, which most used. 10 paid, 11 left. Blinds are 5k/10k with 1k ante. Average stack is around 120k. I have 97k.

Payout structure is 500 for 10th up to 7kish for first.

I have AQs in late position, 6 handed. UTG raises to 27k from a stack of around 130k ish. He's a strong, solid player. I have a solid image at this table I think, I haven't been caught without the goods at this table whenever I was called.

It's folded around to me.... what to do......

We're too shallow to consider a call or a raise I think, so it's shove or fold.... (although other opinions are welcome!)

Does it alter your opinion to know that there's a deal to pay the bubble 200?

Has the villain been opening normal instead of shoving on his previous raises? If he's a strong player as you say he's never raise folding from a 13bb stack. Dump the AQ here and look to open shove with a wide range on the next few hands.

By the way you're not on the bubble here as the deal has already broken the bubble.

Comment

Fold unless UTG is aggressive

Comment

I could never fold this personally unless I have a super solid read on the guy. I think I always cram this especially 6 handed. Maybe that's a real leak in live games but i'm happy enough to get them in there at this point. We have under 10bb and a real decent hand. In live games we do have fold equity here despite what people say. I'm in the shove and get into the final table with real prospects of winning. I would to hear a full run down on the villian though.

Comment

Pretty villain dependent for me.
          "Strong, solid player" tells use nothing about his likely holding.

Basically, if he's aggressive and solid, he could bet/fold here, so we should shove.
          He is is tight solid, then we have to expect a call and shoving is a losing play.

Comment

Thanks for the advice folks.

The villain wasn't overly aggressive in the time I was at the table especially from UTG, so I agree with the general consensus that a fold would be the right move, I'm probably either flipping or way behind his range here, so I think the shove was a mistake in hindsight

As it played out, I shoved, and he called with pocket 10s. About as good as I could have
            hoped for him to have in the circumstances.

Flop comes down 10s7s2x, so nut flush draw for me and set of 10s for him. 2 on the turn sealed my fate.

Comment

Working...
            X