Big draw and what to do with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big draw and what to do with it?

This is a hand from a micro stakes SNG, I have no read on villan and this is prolly the first hand I have played against him.

***** Hand History for Game 4070545011 ***** (IPoker)
    Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, April 05, 11:40:51 ET 2012
    Table Helsinki 705786841 (Real Money)
    Seat 8 is the button
    Seat 1: Villan ( $4120.00 USD )
    Seat 2: cored67 ( $1330.00 USD )
    Seat 6: Pelmen1992 ( $3010.00 USD )
    Seat 8: eltreivellass ( $1390.00 USD )
    Seat 9: Hero ( $2570.00 USD )
    Seat 10: bizzymc ( $2580.00 USD )
    andywalsh1291 posts small blind [$50.00 USD].
    bizzymc posts big blind [$100.00 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to hero [ Jd 4d ]
    villan calls [$100.00 USD]
    cored67 folds
    Pelmen1992 folds
    eltreivellass folds
    andywalsh1291 calls [$50.00 USD]
    bizzymc checks
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 8d, 9h, Qd ]
    hero bets [$150.00 USD]
    bizzymc folds
    Villan raises [$400.00 USD]
    hero calls [$250.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 5c ]
    hero checks
    villan checks
    ** Dealing River ** [ 2c ]
    hero bets [$575.00 USD]
    villan raises [$1500.00 USD]
    hero folds
    villan wins $3175.00 USD from main pot

any thoughts on how to play the hand differently and if so why would you take the different line?

Villain limps ep u have to put him on a hand v an unknown, donk lead is pretty terrible as well. Not betting turn is bad also. What sort of hand are you trying to rep on the river? J10, q10...check flop, call bet don't hit , if he bets again just give it up
    Last edited by Pat Mustard; 05-04-12, 23:33.
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
      Fold pre
      25 bigs with J4 out of position, should be a very easy fold
      airport, lol

Comment

Read the op wrong he's sb don't mind completing.
        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

This is meant constructively ....

1). Your biggest mistake here is that you have 'no read on villian' - you're down to six players in this sng and this villian has almost trebled up - regardless of the number of tables you're playing, at the very minimum you should be clicking the replay button after each player is knocked out/every big hand, to see what happened.
          Had you done that you'd know, for eg whether villian raises or limps big hands, the kind of hands he goes all inwith etc [to treble up he either knocked out two players once, or was in two 'large' separate hands] - even that limited kind of info on a villian is vital ina sng.

2). Completing sb is fine, where you have plenty chips, and once you do it with the intention of getting away easily where you don't hit strongly. - Here you've flopped a nice draw so happy days.

3). When villian calls your flop bet, he has something, even if it is only Ace high. Because you haven't been watching him we have no real idea. Betting your draw is fine, once you also check your draws sometimes too.

4). I wouldn't have bet the river. If you check and he bet, you could consider how good J high is against what he would be betting with. Alternatively, you could have bet the turn when you still had a chance of hitting which in turn would have made it more likely he would have feared you on the river.

Comment

1) It's not a donk lead

2) Villain didn't call the flop lead, he raised

You played it fine OP. You could 3bet the flop given that the stacks are suitable and none of your draws are disguised, It really depends on what you think his flop raising range is. Btw I wouldn't really consider this a big draw.

Comment

Completing J4s this shallow is pretty terrible, more so pre ante. We're OOP, it's very difficult to flop a strong hand, we'll almost never have the nuts, and even when we do flop something like trips we will rarely get action with only one limper. There's also significant reverse implied odds, as the times we flop TP we will stack off a lot more than we will ever double since we only really get action from better Jx/PPs or maybe one street of value from worse.

As played just shove over the raise OTF, we have enough equity vs w/e he r/calls with here, but it sucks balls to miss and c/f OTT
              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
              X