Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
    "I've warmed to him"

Willie just say how wrong you got it. You still know your golf and can pick a winner but an irrational underestimate of the goat took a hold of you.
    I've warmed to Rose not Woods. Woods is Woods. My points are missed but meh. Golf needs Woods back. He got an easy run today mind.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      Rose deserves the FedEx. Points distribution seems far too heavily weighted to the final event for Tiger to have had a shot at all.
      be worse in the future, the Tour Champ will bag it.

Comment

Had ten on tigger.
        "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Abolsute scenes in cabra.
          Local nutter tries to Rob ladbokes with slash hook and told to fuck off.
          Then stabs someone in the pub then runs home.
          Guards bust in and he's on the roof fucking roof tiles at them shouting abuse and throwing tiles.
          Then an older neighbour climbs up on the roof and punches him off the root.
          Oh yeah yer man is bollock naked too.
          A lot of videos and images on twitter WhatsApp.
          About as sfw as you'd expect so not posting them here.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

JUST DONE IT

Comment

That was enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                He's an amazing athlete, setting records and a 2 division champ. If you're into the sport there is everyone reason to like him.

If you're not a fight fan or just plain clueless about how it works then I can see why you'd say such a thing but there is every reason to like him.
                You're only having a kid because McGreg had one.
                "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  Guards bust in and he's on the roof fucking roof tiles at them shouting abuse and throwing tiles.
                  Then an older neighbour climbs up on the roof and punches him off the root.
                  Surely this gent i came across on twitter earlier

Comment

Shadow UK Chancellor just ruled out a re-run of the Brexit referendum.

They're going....any fantasies of Remain are just as deluded as the nutters on the side of hard Brexit.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hypothetically, if the shinners were to go over and vote how many defections, deaths etc. would they need to trigger an election?
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Hypothetically, if the shinners were to go over and vote how many defections, deaths etc. would they need to trigger an election?
                        DUP + Conservatives = 10 + 317 = 327.
                        326 is a majority so everyone else including SF is 323.
                        It's complicated by people like Anna Soubry and Ken Clarke who are weak (on Brexit position) on the Tory side, and Kate Hoey and Frank Field who are weak on the Labour side.
                        Also the mere presence of SF would have an unknown effect beyond the actual numbers, i.e., it's never simple enough to say that 'Vote XYZ was won by a margin of 7 therefore it would have been a different result if SF were there'.
                        If SF were there then a 2 line whip might have been a 3 line whip, or some MPs might have voted differently as they couldn't accept SF being the differential.

Comment

Then an older neighbour climbs up on the roof and punches him off the roof.
                          What a sentence

Comment

An unwelcome return of the word 'baltic' to the common lexicon this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              An unwelcome return of the word 'baltic' to the common lexicon this morning.
                              It's definitely not warm, but it's still quite nice out. Meant to be up to 18 or so in places this week too.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                Shadow UK Chancellor just ruled out a re-run of the Brexit referendum.

They're going....any fantasies of Remain are just as deluded as the nutters on the side of hard Brexit.
                                The polls of Labour supporters are overwhelmingly in favour of a second vote from what I have seen. While Corbyn is mad to get out of the EU the pressure on him is mounting in the opposite direction.

The fact that they have gone from 'respect the result of the referendum' to 'keep all options on the table including second referendum' over the last 24 hours is hardly describable as a hardening of a pro-Brexit position.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  It's definitely not warm, but it's still quite nice out. Meant to be up to 18 or so in places this week too.
                                  It was 4.5C when I sat into my car this morning

Comment

The polls of Labour supporters are overwhelmingly in favour of a second vote from what I have seen. While Corbyn is mad to get out of the EU the pressure on him is mounting in the opposite direction.

The fact that they have gone from 'respect the result of the referendum' to 'keep all options on the table including second referendum' over the last 24 hours is hardly describable as a hardening of a pro-Brexit position.
                                    One of the main Union bosses (Unite) just said the same.

i.e. 'the people voted Leave, we're leaving'

Followed by the usual fantasy bullshit of protecting workers etc. With added helpings of pet unicorns.

Comment

i had to defrost the car windows.
                                      I have loads of stuff in the garden that i hoped would get through to late oct without a hard frost

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        DUP + Conservatives = 10 + 317 = 327.
                                        326 is a majority so everyone else including SF is 323.
                                        It's complicated by people like Anna Soubry and Ken Clarke who are weak (on Brexit position) on the Tory side, and Kate Hoey and Frank Field who are weak on the Labour side.
                                        Also the mere presence of SF would have an unknown effect beyond the actual numbers, i.e., it's never simple enough to say that 'Vote XYZ was won by a margin of 7 therefore it would have been a different result if SF were there'.
                                        If SF were there then a 2 line whip might have been a 3 line whip, or some MPs might have voted differently as they couldn't accept SF being the differential.
                                        > 2/1 an election before 2020 sounds like value.

Comment

One of the main Union bosses (Unite) just said the same.

i.e. 'the people voted Leave, we're leaving'

Followed by the usual fantasy bullshit of protecting workers etc. With added helpings of pet unicorns.
                                          Yeah I saw that yesterday.

I think it's starting to look like the 90% of Labour members in favour of a second vote is starting to outweigh ideological anti-EU positions of the top brass in Labour and the unions.

Comment

A second referendum would be a fantastic example of the madness of this scenario
                                            You'd have a pro leave corbyn campaigning for remain and a pro-remain May defending the brexit line
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Row with the missus?

Gets down to -5 for me sometimes

Comment

A second referendum would be a fantastic example of the madness of this scenario
                                                You'd have a pro leave corbyn campaigning for remain and a pro-remain May defending the brexit line
                                                May isn’t in charge in any second referendum or general election scenario. The Tories simply wont go into another defining election with her leading the show. It’s all a pretence leaving her in position at the moment.

I don’t share RDIII’s confidence that the impact of Brexit will be merely sectoral in Ireland. I think we will have greater pain in different areas but I do think we’ll all feel it to a significant degree.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I'm not sure how pro-Remain May is after. I know she went that way at the time but I don't know if that was more to do with the fact that the establishment wing of the Tories at the time wanted that result and she wanted to be in their good graces.

It seems like every time we are expecting her to moderate her message and start manoeuvring a softer Brexit she goes farther off the cliff. I see some people positing that she is in reality pro-Brexit and sees leaving the as her legacy which seems to fit the facts better now.

Corbyn being such a lefty is dreadful luck for the UK. The only way out, which there appears to be a glimmer for, is that the Labour masses he has sworn to obey continue to tell him loud and clear that they want another crack at it and he will agree to it despite not wanting it.

Then a million other things need to happen as well of course but honestly given the appalling alternatives I give the Labour reversal a decent chance (well, non-zero) at happening.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                    May isn’t in charge in any second referendum or general election scenario. The Tories simply wont go into another defining election with her leading the show. It’s all a pretence leaving her in position at the moment.

I don’t share RDIII’s confidence that the impact of Brexit will be merely sectoral in Ireland. I think we will have greater pain in different areas but I do think we’ll all feel it to a significant degree.
                                                    I'm probably just seeing all that extra juicy IFSC work coming here, with added uplift potential.

Comment

I think it's starting to look like the 90% of Labour members in favour of a second vote is starting to outweigh ideological anti-EU positions of the top brass in Labour and the unions.
                                                      Where are you getting that 90% number from?

Comment

Where are you getting that 90% number from?
                                                        It was YouGov I think.

Jeremy Corbyn would be prepared to back a second referendum on the European Union if activists at his party conference forced a change in Labour policy.

But the Labour leader insisted he was not calling for a public vote and believed a general election would be a better way to resolve the political crisis over the nature of the UK's departure from the EU.

His comments came as a poll found 86% of Labour members think voters should have the final say on the outcome of Brexit negotiations, and 90% would now vote to remain in the EU.
                                                        Jeremy Corbyn would be prepared to back a second referendum on the European Union if activists at his party conference forced a change in Labour policy.

Comment

Seems odd when you consider it was the Labour heartlands that delivered Brexit.

Although I suppose 'members' vs 'voters' might be two very different groups.

In the neverending 'Canada vs Norway' (where the Tories illogically want to be both in the Single Market i.e. Norway and out i.e. Canada) debate, it's Canada that is looming largest. And they have done zero preparation. It took Canada ten years.

Comment

I do like the glorious simplicity of Barnier's slide:

Comment

I do like the glorious simplicity of Barnier's slide:
                                                              Even the Canada deal would need them to back down on NI right?

Comment

I'm not sure how pro-Remain May is after. I know she went that way at the time but I don't know if that was more to do with the fact that the establishment wing of the Tories at the time wanted that result and she wanted to be in their good graces.

It seems like every time we are expecting her to moderate her message and start manoeuvring a softer Brexit she goes farther off the cliff. I see some people positing that she is in reality pro-Brexit and sees leaving the as her legacy which seems to fit the facts better now.

Corbyn being such a lefty is dreadful luck for the UK. The only way out, which there appears to be a glimmer for, is that the Labour masses he has sworn to obey continue to tell him loud and clear that they want another crack at it and he will agree to it despite not wanting it.

Then a million other things need to happen as well of course but honestly given the appalling alternatives I give the Labour reversal a decent chance (well, non-zero) at happening.
                                                                This is very much pie in the sky tinfoil hat stuff but if Mueller throws up evidence of Russian interference in the US, I imagine it wouldn't be long before the UK found evidence of the same.
                                                                The nice easy (well relative) get out is blame Russia lets do it again.

Comment

pretty sure it'd mean a heard border

Mr Starmer added: “Whatever the agreement – if there is one – it has to keep to the solemn commitment of no hard border with Northern Ireland. The only combination that will meet that commitment is a customs union with the EU and a single market deal with high alignment.”

Comment

The GFA means they have to back down on NI

The fact that the Irish government has paid towards roads/hospitals being built in NI means they will probably have to back down on NI

But then again, they have already broken the GFA by going into power with the unionists

Comment

This is very much pie in the sky tinfoil hat stuff but if Mueller throws up evidence of Russian interference in the US, I imagine it wouldn't be long before the UK found evidence of the same.
                                                                      Who needs Mueller?

Comment

Let me know when it's 'end game'

Comment

GFA is an international treaty that will not be superseded by whatever arrangements the UK make for itself, if and when they choose to leave the EU.
                                                                          All the rights and obligations remain and if the UK were to decide to renege on them they would be opening themselves up to some extraordinary consequences. It would not take a huge shift in the polls to see a FF SF government in power here next year and, well I'll leave it to your own imaginations to pitcure the kinds of scenario we could be looking at then

Comment

After the weekend..

Sat 12.30pm
                                                                            West Ham v United (6)

Sat 3pm
                                                                            Arsenal (3) v Watford
                                                                            Huddersfield v Spurs (3)
                                                                            Newcastle v Leicester (4)

Sat 5.30pm
                                                                            Chelsea (1) v Liverpool (1)
                                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 24-09-18, 13:28.

Comment

Think there's 0.1% chance of this happening.

Whatever happens it's years of completely wasted human endeavour.

Comment

GFA is an international treaty that will not be superseded by whatever arrangements the UK make for itself, if and when they choose to leave the EU.
                                                                                All the rights and obligations remain and if the UK were to decide to renege on them they would be opening themselves up to some extraordinary consequences. It would not take a huge shift in the polls to see a FF SF government in power here next year and, well I'll leave it to your own imaginations to pitcure the kinds of scenario we could be looking at then
                                                                                A bit of "grow the fuck up" thrown a various groups would be fun to see/do

Comment

Comment

Most labour voters are new labour voters from when it was the most sensible party around. The top brass in labour hate Corbyn and the return to union politics.

He was in no way the candidate the party wanted and has been an outsider for decades. Ed miliband was the chosen successor

Comment

Rosenstein gone.

Comment

Rosenstein gone.
                                                                                        Seems to be only rte reporting that. CNN saying he's on his way to the White House.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Rosenstein gone.

You would have to think Mueller had contingency plans in place for this eventuality.

Comment

You would have to think Mueller had contingency plans in place for this eventuality.
                                                                                            Said this elsewhere when he tweeted his order to release documents
                                                                                            I wonder if this is an un recuse Sessions or fire Sessions move.

Trump shitposts order
                                                                                            Order actually has to come from AG
                                                                                            AG gets told by Rosenstein (who has say on all things here) to feck off
                                                                                            Sessions disobeys the order referencing his recusal and Rosenstein will refer the President to the complaint of the special counsel and his independence.
                                                                                            Trump cries conspiracy and fires everyone

or...

Trump shitposts order
                                                                                            Order actually has to come from AG
                                                                                            AG gets told by Rosenstein (who has say on all things here) to feck off
                                                                                            AG un recuses himself to get "transparency" and calls off the investigation for lack of evidence or that contents of texts are proof of the witch hunt

Either way, interesting times ahead

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                              Seems to be only rte reporting that. CNN saying he's on his way to the White House.
                                                                                              nah it's everywhere...was a resign pending firing...looks like he's not going quietly

Comment

Boom! Letter from EBS saying we are included in their tracker review.

Put back on ECB + 1.05% (from SVR of 3.7%) immediately and compensation (I estimate 25k) to follow.

One might drink a gin this evening.
                                                                                                Cheque landing and total redress is higher than my estimate.

Sick as a dog so will struggle to celebrate but I think a portion of the win will have to go to Mr J Nicholson.

Comment

Any landlords or people knowledgeable about renting here?

I'm looking to end my tenancy in the apartment I'm renting. The 12 month fixed term ended 6 weeks ago. Just wondering what notice I give here as afaik I'm considered to be in a month to month scenario.

Is it 6 weeks or one month?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                    Any landlords or people knowledgeable about renting here?

I'm looking to end my tenancy in the apartment I'm renting. The 12 month fixed term ended 6 weeks ago. Just wondering what notice I give here as afaik I'm considered to be in a month to month scenario.

Is it 6 weeks or one month?
                                                                                                    42 days notice by law, ask your LL to give shorter if you want and see what happens.

Works both ways, currently my landlord would have to give me 168 days notice with how long I've been here

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      42 days notice by law, ask your LL to give shorter if you want and see what happens.

Works both ways, currently my landlord would have to give me 168 days notice with how long I've been here
                                                                                                      Yeah I was hoping it wasn't going to be the 42 days one. I know the landlord personally so he might be agreeable. Have a new place to move into on the 18th which I had to grab instantly with both hands, just didn't want to be stiffed for an unnecessary extra month of rent. That said the security of 42 days in such a poor market for tenants is some comfort.

Could always AirBnB it for the extra days

Comment

Yeah some people are sound about it, especially as they'll have no problem replacing you.

Bit of a disaster for me if I wanted to leave, 84 days notice. Be faster for me to not pay rent and get kicked out

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                                          You're only having a kid because McGreg had one.

You'll probably say our decision to name him or her Conor Jr. is down to McGregor too. Sound m8.

Comment

...Watch this goal by Salah against Everton earlier in the year...It was a good goal, in fact it was probably a very good goal...But how the fuck this has won the puskas award for goal of the year is astonishing...I have probablyseen 20 goals in the premier league alone that are as good as if not better...The Gareth bale overhead kick in the biggest game of the season was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, but was beaten by this...Speechless...

Mohamed Salah's fine individual goal for Liverpool against Everton during the 2017/18 English Premier League season. Footage courtesy of the Premier League....

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                              ...Watch this goal by Salah against Everton earlier in the year...It was a good goal, in fact it was probably a very good goal...But how the fuck this has won the puskas award for goal of the year is astonishing...I have probablyseen 20 goals in the premier league alone that are as good as if not better...The Gareth bale overhead kick in the biggest game of the season was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, but was beaten by this...Speechless...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8XGUgvoAM
                                                                                                              Fans voted on it. It's a non story. Salah the Chelsea reject was embarrassed collecting it. It was the worst of the nominees.

Comment

2k to meet Metallica at slane. 15yo me would be disappointed that I'm not snapping it up.

Comment

Won this twitter competition but can't go tonight. If anyone here wants free tickets for 2 plus a free popcorn drop me a PM. Showing Blade in Sugar Club, doors from 7.30pm and movie at 8.15pm.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                                    Won this twitter competition but can't go tonight. If anyone here wants free tickets for 2 plus a free popcorn drop me a PM. Showing Blade in Sugar Club, doors from 7.30pm and movie at 8.15pm.

what a movie

Comment

what a movie
                                                                                                                      If you fancy babysitting I could make it yet!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          2k to meet Metallica at slane. 15yo me would be disappointed that I'm not snapping it up.
                                                                                                                          I may not even snap up standing @100, 15yo me very disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X