Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    Nothing like a bloody Mary for brekkie sitting in 28 degrees
    Ask for a spicy Red Snapper... Bloody Mary made with gin

Comment

juicy thread

if a bit
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
        north london mate, north london
        Its funnier because he saw it on a tweet and tried to take the credit but fucked it up

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Who would have thought all those years ago that poxy ipoker PP and largely reliant on €2 accumulators placed by old men in the West of Ireland would end up owning Stars and being the largest gambling company in the world?

Seems its the US action they are paying for, rather than Stars, which has probably very limited room to grow profitability.
            I remember an auld lad who was a regular in a pub i worked in in Cork lifted his head from reading about PP in the paper and said to me that the only bet we should ever have had was buying PP shares when they floated

Starting to think he was right

Comment

Seems its the US action they are paying for, rather than Stars, which has probably very limited room to grow profitability.
              100%

Comment

When Ireland win the world cup PP will apply for bankruptcy as I'm collecting big baby.

Comment

A grinding three-year turnaround at Credit Suisse Group AG was starting to pay off and the bank boss was hosting a new year’s drinks party.

Among his 60 or so guests were many locals from the Zurich suburb of Herrliberg, along with a clutch of top Credit Suisse executives and his new neighbors -- Iqbal Khan, the bank’s wealth-management chief, and his wife.

Before long, it all went wrong. A remark by Khan to Thiam’s partner set off a bitter feud between the two alpha males. The guest had insulted the state of the garden, according to a person who was there. Later, Thiam tapped Khan on the shoulder and asked for a word. The two went downstairs and argued before later resurfacing.

The dispute has reverberated ever since and reached a climax Tuesday. That’s when Khan started his new post at UBS Group AG, Credit Suisse’s bigger rival in Zurich, and Thiam’s board revealed the results of an extraordinary internal investigation into the embarrassing soap opera and the decision to spy on Khan after he quit July 1. The result: Thiam’s long-time top lieutenant lost his job, as did the bank’s head of security
                  Credit Suisse's Spying Scandal Started With a Fight at a New Year's Party

Comment

Imagine if he had mocked his taste in glassware
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Shrap HH ever been here ?

any good ?

Le Bus Palladium

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                Shrap HH ever been here ?

any good ?

Le Bus Palladium
                                Plenty of good nights in there but that was in the 90s!

Comment

Ester next week:

Comment

Amazing

Comment

That's sensational

He's gonna dust off this impeachment without hassle again. Sure Schiff wrote it. Lock him up
                                      Last edited by eamonhonda; 02-10-19, 21:59.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

But but but the guy with a dicky bow on the panel of 8 blowhards on Wolf Blitzers show said Trumps definitely done this time.
                                        Actually caught a bit of wolf blitzers show recently, the portentous opening music kept playing for about 10 minutes in to the show. They are a joke

Comment

World athletics champs in Doha have been a bit of a disaster it seems, shaking my faith a bit for Quatar 2020.
                                          Hope it doesn’t get pulled , I wasn’t my December World Cup, it’ll be great

Comment

What is good to do in Birmingham?

Have been there before and did not enjoy it, so am wondering where I went wrong if I did.
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

Have been there before and did not enjoy it, so am wondering where I went wrong if I did.
                                              Eat curry!

Comment

Taking break from Japan, ended up in Philippines, on Bohol island, Chinese holiday week apparently and it's busier than Tokyo was. Absolutely jammed. My skin pigmentation doesn't lend itself to blistering sun and laying around either.

Fly into Cebu, before taking ferry here. Went from Japan to arriving at hotel, smell of burning electrics and the power out of entire block, rats running along power lines, my wife went to bathroom and had to wait as a woman washed herself with toilet water.

Comment

Shepherd's warning

SPOILER
                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 03-10-19, 16:34. Reason: resized as it's fucking huge
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

Sit in the middle of the bull ring and see how Jeremy Kyle made money from talking to these nice people

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                      Fly into Cebu, before taking ferry here. Went from Japan to arriving at hotel, smell of burning electrics and the power out of entire block, rats running along power lines, my wife went to bathroom and had to wait as a woman washed herself with toilet water.
                                                      no harm to experience life from another perspective for a while

go out and have a hot dog

Comment

Wonder what the craze was for planting palm trees in Dublin in the 1970s. Especially around the coast, you see them everywhere from Howth, Sutton, Raheny, Clontarf etc

I have a pretty big one in my front garden but it looks insanely incongruous with our climate, especially now.

Comment

Sangria for brekkie( going down like fruit juice) while sitting in 27 degrees at 10am shur what could go wrong
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            Imagine if he had mocked his taste in glassware
                                                            At least he tapped him on the shoulder and went downstairs to talk about it, I probably would have thrown his coat and scarf off the balcony
                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-10-19, 09:55.

Comment

Wonder what the craze was for planting palm trees in Dublin in the 1970s. Especially around the coast, you see them everywhere from Howth, Sutton, Raheny, Clontarf etc

I have a pretty big one in my front garden but it looks insanely incongruous with our climate, especially now.
                                                              I wonder how many palm trees are planted here: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...year-1.4037802

SPOILER
                                                              Originally posted by IT View Post
                                                              "The McEvaddys acquired the estate on the Dublin Road in Malahide for about €1.87 million in 1996."

"An entry in the residential property price register for Auburn House estate, which sits on 11 hectares (27 acres), indicates €6 million was paid, but this figure represents the price paid solely for the main house and up to an acre of lands. An additional undisclosed sum was paid for the remainder of the site and houses."

"The final price paid for Auburn House is likely to be one of the highest value – if not the highest value – Dublin home transactions of the year, and certainly the most expensive house sold in north Dublin since the property market collapsed in 2007."

Comment

With a bit of luck it will blow away today, other than that give it a good feed of roundup.

Comment

Just remembered spotted Gholimoli up at Citywest at weekend (well he spotted me). Must have been left out for good behaviour.

Comment

Nice to see the RTE Player is still a complete pile of garbage that hasn't had a tap of improvement since the turn of the century.

Comment

Work herded is into canteen to let us watch the rugby, for fucks sake. Must make a complaint to the WRC

Comment

Bad Beat. Has Rob for 1st try scorer. Or so I thought. Specsavers etc . Feck.

Comment

Like what I’m seeing here , would be funny if we don’t get BP.
                                                                          Looking solid for a quarter final exit

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            Just remembered spotted Gholimoli up at Citywest at weekend (well he spotted me). Must have been left out for good behaviour.
                                                                            You've seen more of him in the last 6 months than i have, and he lives close to me

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                              Like what I’m seeing here , would be funny if we don’t get BP.

Looking solid for a quarter final exit
                                                                              Always thought you were Irish??

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                I am I just hate all the bullshit that surrounds the Irish rugby team (and rugby itself). It’s the official sport of the Irish Parasite class
                                                                                Could never support a team that sings Ireland’s call before a match, that would turn me against the soccer team.

Comment

whatever people are for, PSV is against

He's talking himself into being virulently pro-Trump at present..

Comment

I am I just hate all the bullshit that surrounds the Irish rugby team (and rugby itself). It’s the official sport of the Irish Parasite class

Could never support a team that sings Ireland’s call before a match, that would turn me against the soccer team.
                                                                                    That's fair enough you don't like it, but firstly why comment on it then, simply ignore it if it doesn't float your boat, and secondly to actively shout against your own nation is a little bit sad to he perfectly honest.

Comment

He's talking himself into being virulently pro-Trump at present..
                                                                                      Ah, he is upping his game

'Are you talking to me?' Donald Trump asked during an extraordinary exchange with Reuters’ White House correspondent Jeff Mason.Subscribe to Guardian News on...
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

That's fair enough you don't like it, but firstly why comment on it then, simply ignore it if it doesn't float your boat, and secondly to actively shout against your own nation is a little bit sad to he perfectly honest.
                                                                                        Despite the best efforts of the marketing brainwashers this isnt Rugby country.
                                                                                        Almost everything about how rugby is presented in this country is incredibly grating
                                                                                        I know plenty of people with similar views to myself
                                                                                        #Teamofthem

Comment

Meh! Too many unforced errors.

All we need now is for Italy to qualify and Japan beat Scotland then PSV's mission will be complete

Comment

Bunch of fucking amateurs

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Almost everything about how rugby is presented in this country is incredibly grating

#Teamofthem
                                                                                              Me think the lady doth protest too much!

Comment

What about someone from Dublin with little interest in GAA funking hard for Kerry, or Mayo last year?

*Hand up*
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                  What about someone from Dublin with little interest in GAA funking hard for Kerry, or Mayo last year?

*Hand up*
                                                                                                  If you have little interest why are you funking for anything, just ignore the fecking thing [emoji849]

Comment

Support or hate who/what you like boys . You are entitled to your opinions.

I for 1 embrace winning and not the keep yer head down like a good man Brits are coming begrudgery thinking shite that a large % of Irish people suffer from .

Coybig and B

Comment

If you have little interest why are you funking for anything, just ignore the fecking thing [emoji849]
                                                                                                      Not that easy to ignore , constantly rammed down your throat.
                                                                                                      Likes of off the ball are embarrassing anytime they have a rugby player on eg BOD. No hard questions they just line up to take turns fondling his balls .
                                                                                                      Watch now how all the rugby “journalists” will suddenly be interested in PEDs in rugby if it’s South Africa that knock us out.
                                                                                                      Of all the sports rugger lads get the easiest ride, if Sean o brown was a soccer player pissgate would have been front page news.

Comment

Likes of off the ball are embarrassing anytime they have a rugby player on eg BOD. No hard questions they just line up to take turns fondling his balls .
                                                                                                        Watch now how all the rugby “journalists” will suddenly be interested in PEDs in rugby if it’s South Africa that knock us out.
                                                                                                        Of all the sports rugger lads get the easiest ride, if Sean o brown was a soccer player pissgate would have been front page news.
                                                                                                        Is that you Gerry Thornley? P.S. love the mullet, dont mind the haters!

Comment

For a country widely derided in Europe (well France at least), as a tax haven - we're not doing too bad with home-grown companies like Ryanair going to be biggest airline in Europe by passengers this year, Paddy Power going to be biggest gambling company, and CRH maybe second biggest building materials company.

Throw in sub-industry leaders like Kerry, Kingspan, and Intercom, and we're massively above weight worldwide per capita for industry leaders created in the last two decades.
                                                                                                          All that and you missed the industry we are most dominant in, we have 3 of the 4 largest aircraft leasing firms run out of Ireland with Irish management teams too. They have enterprise values greater than Ryanair ($13bn), CRH ($37bn) and new the new larger PP ($13bn), with #4 SMBC ($15bn) #3 Avolon ($20bn), #2 GECAS ($30bn) and #1 Aer Cap ($40bn).
                                                                                                          They are either unlisted or listed in other States so they wouldn’t get the same coverages. Likewise Ardagh packaging at $12bn EV, listed in NY, is 1st-2nd in its sector.

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                          I don’t think that’s as bad, she’s just getting muddled on stage.
                                                                                                          Respect for the ref, fans socializing and watching games together and physicality left in the game, what’s not to love?

#Teamofthem
                                                                                                          Why does it grate on you? From what I’ve seen most people who hate rugby are from Dublin and didn’t go to a private/rugby school and see the whole scene as privileged tossers, whereas I grew up playing in rural Ireland and whilst it wasn’t even the third sport in the town it always garnered interest and I’ve found nearly everyone I’ve met through rugby from the Atlantic coast and south Dublin to be good people. Some tossers too, but they are the exception in the same way as any sport.

Comment

It was front page news, also the Jackson trial shows the media don’t have a free pass. I can’t remember the last OTB interview that grilled any soccer or GAA player either, it’s no their MO as they’re basically a tiny show on a small island and can’t disenfranchise people by grilling them like C4.

Comment

Support or hate who/what you like boys . You are entitled to your opinions.

I for 1 embrace winning and not the keep yer head down like a good man Brits are coming begrudgery thinking shite that a large % of Irish people suffer from .

Coybig and B
                                                                                                              Did you grab the crest on your Man U training top as you type that

I for one can't stand Irish event driven glory hunting bandwagon jumping bores who proclaim sudden knowledge of sports where they couldn't tell you shit about it before Irish team X became good

They are fucking dull and the rugby ones are the worst!

Hope Ireland win the world cup, will probably watch some of the later stages but ultimately rugby is a minority sport for a reason... its shite!

*And that's not saying only big sports count or any of that guff but...

If PSV has to tolerate listening to the shite, he should have the right to point out its shite
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 03-10-19, 13:40. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

I don’t think that’s as bad, she’s just getting muddled on stage.
                                                                                                                She is the housing minister... she is getting muddled because she is a fucktard

Comment

Who would have thought all those years ago that poxy ipoker PP and largely reliant on €2 accumulators placed by old men in the West of Ireland would end up owning Stars and being the largest gambling company in the world?

States legalizing poker are increasing, if they US market opens again to poker then profitability will go nuclear

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                                                    States legalizing poker are increasing, if they US market opens again to poker then profitability will go nuclear
                                                                                                                    Are we all dusting of our copies of Kill Phil and Harrington on boredom?

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                                                      Poker will pale in comparison to sports betting MLB, NFL & NBA share 87% of the book in Nevada. Its envisaged to produce 6.5 billion in casino revenue within 3-4 years.

Given those associations will be given a cut directly from the source, NBA apparently asking for 1% of bets, the level of marketing behind will be incredible.

Just like poker in Ireland, it will be small compared to what sports betting will generate.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                        Did you grab the crest on your Man U training top as you type that

I for one can't stand Irish event driven glory hunting bandwagon jumping bores who proclaim sudden knowledge of sports where they couldn't tell you shit about it before Irish team X became good

They are fucking dull and the rugby ones are the worst!

Hope Ireland win the world cup, will probably watch some of the later stages but ultimately rugby is a minority sport for a reason... its shite!

*And that's not saying only big sports count or any of that guff but...

If PSV has to tolerate listening to the shite, he should have the right to point out its shite
                                                                                                                        Man u badge lol . Never wore one in my life . Cherry picking also. Why not bold the part where I agreed he is entitled to his view. I mistakenly gave you credit for being an objective tongue in cheek type . Obviously I'm wrong . Wha Wha? Gtfo

Comment

Man u badge lol . Never wore one in my life . Cherry picking also. Why not bold the part where I agreed he is entitled to his view. I mistakenly gave you credit for being an objective tongue in cheek type . Obviously I'm wrong . Wha Wha? Gtfo
                                                                                                                          Fishing

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X