early in a 90 seater sng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early in a 90 seater sng

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.5 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP1 (t1,260)
    MP2 (t3,880)
    CO (t1,520)
    Button (t2,040)
    SB (t2,125)
    Hero (BB) (t1,575)
    UTG (t2,320)
    UTG+1 (t1,270)

Hero's M: 21.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
    UTG calls t50, 2 folds, MP2 raises to t150, 3 folds, Hero raises to t475, 1 fold, MP2 calls t325
    Flop: (t1,025) A, 3, 3 (2 players)

pot is 1025 on the flop and i have 1100 left
    I had no stats on opponent but he has near tripled in the early stages
    Is check folding too weak considering how much has gone in pre
    and am i committed if i decide to bet or can we bet fold here?
    Last edited by Nuttkickker; 05-09-14, 23:28.
    The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
    MTT Calender 2015

Originally posted by Nuttkickker View Post
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.5 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP1 (t1,260)
    MP2 (t3,880)
    CO (t1,520)
    Button (t2,040)
    SB (t2,125)
    Hero (BB) (t1,575)
    UTG (t2,320)
    UTG+1 (t1,270)

Hero's M: 21.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
    UTG calls t50, 2 folds, MP2 raises to t150, 3 folds, Hero raises to t475, 1 fold, MP2 calls t325

pot is 1025 on the flop and i have 1100 left
    I had no stats on opponent but he has near tripled in the early stages
    Is check folding too weak considering how much has gone in pre
    and am i committed if i decide to bet or can we bet fold here?
    You have a pot sized bet left here.
    With that much invested i just shove the flop regardless of what flops.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
      You have a pot sized bet left here.
      With that much invested i just shove the flop regardless of what flops.
      Any flop with less than two different overcards,warrants a shove from hero.A smaller bet,or check allows the chip leader to put the onus on you with his bet that will range from 50% of pot,to a shove.Make him do the thinking.

Comment

What's the flop?

Comment

sorry deleted the flop by accident flop was A,3,3
          MTT Calender 2015

Comment

yea, I think once we 3bet pre, we got to bet that flop. He could be isoing limper here, and when he only flat pre, A is in our range a lot more than his. I'm not shoving tho, I'd bet as normal, however I'm obv not folding. If we werent oop, I dont see any reason to be betting the flop as all were doing then is turning our hand into a bluff
            take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

Prefer to check/call than to shove anyway. At least he has some bluffs in his range that way. Hard to get called by worse if you shove.

Comment

290/fold to shove. Give up all non J turns. You should be shoving none of your range here in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by LTL View Post
                  290/fold to shove. Give up all non J turns. You should be shoving none of your range here in my opinion.
                  so if ak is in his range here and he has a pot sized bet behind, whats his play?

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
                    so if ak is in his range here and he has a pot sized bet behind, whats his play?
                    Same as above obviously shoving all turns. Shoving achieves nothing except getting called by worse Ax's. You fold out all pairs 44/KK. I don't hate checking to induce light shoves either but I prefer to do that if we have some history and villain has high % bet when checked to. Sure the 290 gives a decent player the opportunity to float/shove turn but with stacks so shallow I don't expect that often. Hands that might call include 44/1010 and unless he's good and wants to turn some of them into bluffs when we check turn, I expect to get to showdown quite often vs this range.
                    Last edited by LTL; 07-09-14, 10:11.

Comment

Vs a random I'd check/decide based on sizing, mostly c/folding vs an ace heavy range. Alternatively b/f like 250. Shoving is lol-bad, definitely wont stack off unimproved.
                      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

in the hand i bet 315 and called his shove and lost v his AJ
                        the reason i posted the hand is myself and a friend discussed the hand after and completely disagreed on how the hand was played.

My friend though check folding or bet folding was better and i shouldn't be calling his raise once i bet. He thinks most players are not shoving their pairs and would most likely flat them.
                        Where i think once i bet i should call since i only have a pot size bet V an unknown and he could easily continue with a lot of pairs, since there's only 1 overcard

The hand would have been a lot easier to play if i had stats or if i have more more than a pot size bet on the flop. I'm still not sure after reading posts what the best action seems to be, is a fairly mixed response. looks like bet small/fold bet/call check/fold and check/call could all be options. Maybe just shoving pre v an unknown in this spot could have been the best play
                        MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Horrid enough spot with jacks so early in sng's. I actually don't hate an open shove
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Plenty of time hang in son
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              Plenty of time hang in son
                              That's some quality advice as usual, back to your werewolf game
                              MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X