Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus why didn't he just kick it over. Would have been a nice cushion
    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Sexton just does stupid stuff more as he gets older.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Madness not taking the points there in this situation. Worst in play call I've seen in some time.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Yessss

You've gotta love Stockdale's face when he's on for a try
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Phew
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'd say the neutrals loved that. Cracking game.
              Profit before people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Hmm maybe I'm missing something then! 1.9% seems waaaay too low to be realistic, but maybe that's the way they sell cars now.
                  Why would you buy a new car though? Doubt you get that finance on a 2nd hand one.

Comment

Cracking game at Murrayfield, messy but good viewing. One time Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                      Cracking game at Murrayfield, messy but good viewing. One time Scotland.
                      Second half gonna be scary for Scotland. I have a feeling

Comment

Hmm maybe I'm missing something then! 1.9% seems waaaay too low to be realistic, but maybe that's the way they sell cars now.
                        I know VW do a PCP and HP form of finance. I'd guess 1.9% is HP.

I think PCP gets a bad rep but it can be very advantageous if you're selective. I know VW's GMFV has been quite good in recent years while BMW & electric/hybrids tend to be poor. I went standard finance on my last car but I'd consider PCP now.

I would take a look at cars with high residual price relative to their RRP. A couple off the top of my head that tend to hold long term good value are historcially Toyota Auris, Honda Accord/Civic (that could be different now)
                        Reliability is.

If going for PCP, crude rules of thumb would be:
                        Overestimate your mileage.
                        Don't stray too far from the model you could afford from a financial institution.
                        Have as large a deposit as possible 30% maybe.

I think theres a lot of PCP related threads over on the dark side so it could be worth taking a look.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                          Second half gonna be scary for Scotland. I have a feeling
                          What a result.

Would love to be in Scotland right now.

Comment

Great game, wasn't it? Just a good spectacle even if England weren't on fire as they have been in recent times.

Enjoyable day of rugby in the end

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                              Great game, wasn't it? Just a good spectacle even if England weren't on fire as they have been in recent times.

Enjoyable day of rugby in the end
                              Absolutely fantastic and England got no losing bonus point which I had forgotten up to now with been so engrossed in the game.

Comment

BBC going with snowmageddon next week with maybe more to follow it.

The UK is set for its coldest spell of weather in a number of years. Tomasz Schafernaker has the long range forecast.

Opr

Comment

Hate town on days like today. Full of people on the sauce all day who can't handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Hate town on days like today. Full of people on the sauce all day who can't handle it.
                                    Lol, that's Dublin every weekend!

Comment

Given the timer in the background, I guess he got around in about 26 mins or so. Not too shabby.
                                      I did the first Swim a Mile programme for newcomers a few years ago and Varadkar did it the same night. Saw after he did a crazy fast time of 16 mins, often wondered if it was a mistake but maybe not.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      I'd keep away from the car company loans anyhow and go via bank or cu if I was in your position.
                                      Bank loan probably best. CUs are still paying off past losses so thats incorporated in their lending rates. Wouldn't touch car-co financing, but I'd imagine that will start to become very competitive in a few years as the car cos start to realise they can make very decent money out of out-competing the banks.
                                      WTF for a new car there is no comparison, motor company all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                        For the finance/money wizards, girlfriend is looking to probably buy a new car this year and I'm thinking of learning to drive also, best to get a bank loan/credit union/PCP with the car company?
                                        Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        I'd keep away from the car company loans anyhow and go via bank or cu if I was in your position.
                                        Bank loan probably best. CUs are still paying off past losses so thats incorporated in their lending rates. Wouldn't touch car-co financing, but I'd imagine that will start to become very competitive in a few years as the car cos start to realise they can make very decent money out of out-competing the banks.
                                        Why would you buy a new car though? Doubt you get that finance on a 2nd hand one.
                                        Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                        WTF for a new car there is no comparison, motor company all the way.
                                        Hmmm
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Lol, that's Dublin every weekend!
                                          Far more pronounced on early major sport days. When so many people can handle two day sessions it's mad that Joe Public can't handle an afternoon on the sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                            Hmmm
                                            We got the loan through vw bank for our new car - way cheaper.

Banks make their money on the interest vw on the actual car sale.

Comment

Paying for money to buy an asset that depreciates so rapidly is surely one of the maddest social norms.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                Paying for money to buy an asset that depreciates so rapidly is surely one of the maddest social norms.
                                                I hope your asset doesn't go down rapidly.

Comment

Walking around town after afternoon tea / food tour (getting accustomed to new salary) and notice all the welsh people, one of the lads asks one what the score was as we were on this tour for the whole thing. He thought we were taking the piss out of him and he was raging, ready to swing at us. Was confused into silence at mentions of vegan food tour and turns to his mates to ask what the score was ( I think anyway, from trying to decipher their accents), they had no idea at all, not even a ballpark. Completely hammered. Saw lads fighting all along the liffey chasing each other up and down beating the shit into each other, gardaí nearby in their car watching the madness unfold. Really felt like home.
                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-02-18, 23:15.

Comment

I understand that I could do my own research, but did a quick search and wasnt satisfied. Getting the sickness again, and want to find a decent size tourney. Any ones this year?
                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                      I understand that I could do my own research, but did a quick search and wasnt satisfied. Getting the sickness again, and want to find a decent size tourney. Any ones this year?
                                                      Poker stars has the turbo series on at the moment if you want online.

Comment

Had a funk load on Wales +8.5 today, the last 5 minutes was extremely confusing for my little brain!!

Gutted yet delighted
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                          I did the first Swim a Mile programme for newcomers a few years ago and Varadkar did it the same night. Saw after he did a crazy fast time of 16 mins, often wondered if it was a mistake but maybe not.
                                                          Not a hope he did a mile in 16mins. World record territory

Comment

Sorry 40 somethings but 26 mins for 5k is very shabby. Sure Michael D Higgins could probably do that and he has lickle legs.

Also 16 mins for a mile swim is incredible . I could do it but only if it was downwards with stones in me jocks .

Comment

Out of interest how well do planes hold their value?(of the type pilots like you would fly)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                Sorry 40 somethings but 26 mins for 5k is very shabby. Sure Michael D Higgins could probably do that and he has lickle legs.

Also 16 mins for a mile swim is incredible . I could do it but only if it was downwards with stones in me jocks .
                                                                Yeah very embarrassing considering he makes such a show of wearing all the Lycra gear.would be ok if he was just running in old o neill shorts and l raggy old t shirt/race t shirt.you also get plus points for no gps watch and cheap trainers (not the gait analysis scam tip offs)

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                  Out of interest how well do planes hold their value?(of the type pilots like you would fly)
                                                                  The list price of mine in 1978 is exactly what I bought it for! It would be fairly standard that they stay at or around the list price for their whole lives (but obviously become more affordable due to inflation). A little bit more when the engine is fresh, a little less when it's close to overhaul.

Obviously it costs more than a car to keep airworthy, but I do chuckle when the chap I work with who buys a new E-class every few years ridicules ME for throwing away money.
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 25-02-18, 10:54.

Comment

Decent day of football ahead. Something for everyone!

Palace v Spurs - 12.00
                                                                    Aberdeen v Celtic - 2.30
                                                                    Feyenoord v PSV - 2.30
                                                                    Man Utd v Chelsea - 3.05
                                                                    Bayer Leverkusen v Schalke - 3.30
                                                                    Arsenal v Man City - 4.30
                                                                    Beşiktaş v Fenerbahçe - 5.00
                                                                    Juventus v Atalanta - 6.00
                                                                    Valencia v R Sociedad - 6.30
                                                                    Roma v AC Milan - 8.45
                                                                    Sevilla v A Madrid - 8.45
                                                                    PSG v Marseille - 9.00

Comment

He is perhaps being slowed down by others wanting to talk or say hello at least. He also said it wasn't his best time. We're also on speculating on his time based on the time in the picture afterwards. He could have been finished after 23 minutes for all we know.

I'd love to be able to do it in 26 mins now. My best from a few years back when I was at least reasonably fit was around 24 minutes, but I was never closer than being 'not far off ideal weight' as opposed to now when I'd need to lose a couple of stone before being considered overweight.

Comment

Comment

Sorry 40 somethings but 26 mins for 5k is very shabby.
                                                                          He probably has to run politely and not push past the slow people in front of him, bad press. Can't be seen shouting 'for fucks sake move' at some dawdler in a set of headphones.

Me local Shinner councillor and nearly-a-td-twice Paul Donnelly knocked in a nice 24min pb yesterday to get the constituency bragging rights anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                            Decent day of football ahead. Something for everyone!

Palace v Spurs - 12.00
                                                                            Aberdeen v Celtic - 2.30
                                                                            Feyenoord v PSV - 2.30
                                                                            Man Utd v Chelsea - 3.05
                                                                            Bayer Leverkusen v Schalke - 3.30
                                                                            Arsenal v Man City - 4.30
                                                                            Beşiktaş v Fenerbahçe - 5.00
                                                                            Juventus v Atalanta - 6.00
                                                                            Valencia v R Sociedad - 6.30
                                                                            Roma v AC Milan - 8.45
                                                                            Sevilla v A Madrid - 8.45
                                                                            PSG v Marseille - 9.00
                                                                            Times mixed between Ireland and Malta times?

United game on at 2.05 anyway for anyone looking for an afternoon nap

Comment

I would imagine Leo in the top 10% in the Dail with that time and better than the vast majority of the population. To me it sends out a good message to people that if you think your too busy your not if the Taoiseach can get himself in good enough shape to achieve that.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                I would imagine Leo in the top 10% in the Dail with that time and better than the vast majority of the population. To me it sends out a good message to people that if you think your too busy your not if the Taoiseach can get himself in good enough shape to achieve that.
                                                                                Boris sets the standard for politicians to maintain that healthy running glow.

Comment

Never mind Leo lads. Aim higher 26 minutes come on that's the walking pace of a drunk Northsider

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    Boris sets the standard for politicians to maintain that healthy running glow.

Raise

Comment

Not even a call, never mind a raise. You use the wrong chips?

Comment

I wonder what it is about running that makes people seem like monumental cunts?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                          Finally had an angiogram done today. General agreement that the arteries in my heart are too fucked to benefit from stents or whatnot. They literally said I must have had at least 2 heart attacks in the last few weeks. Bypass surgery lined up for Friday. Should be some craic.
                                                                                          Only back from 2 weeks away, i hope you survive by the time i get caught up...

If you want to talk about anything send me a PM, had my op >5 years ago and while its like getting hit by a buss for a few weeks, lots of good quality pain medication makes the healing process go smoothly.

The psychological pain though will need addressing, noone told me about that, you will be crying at the drop of a hat, measuring your life etc, that too shall pass !

Dont let me BBV CC.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

@Hitch You had a tweet about driverless trains/trams the other day.

I'm listening to this and it's quite good Canadian Minister for Transport and former astronaut. Recorded in Montreal so a few French questions too.

The Ray Dialo episode is great.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                Times mixed between Ireland and Malta times?

United game on at 2.05 anyway for anyone looking for an afternoon nap
                                                                                                Oops, yeah. I started changing some to UK but forget to finish it

Comment

Both teams shocking first half. Chelsea slightly worse second half. Thought Willian was shocking for Chelsea so was happy to see him stay on and hazard off. Far from playing well but a win is a win. Badly needed

Comment

Eeeeeehhhh...Nice handball by Sergio for the auld goal there

Comment

This is a cool idea.

Is that not already standard?

Comment

...

Comment

Never seen it before. Is it standard? Thought the packs normally said if it was free range, but didn't say if it was caged.
                                                                                                          https://www.fsai.ie/legislation/food...egg_packs.html

Already required.

Comment

Are you still in hospital CC ? Must have been a pain getting you ready and then canceling like that, have you family around when you come out after the op ?
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Never seen it before. Is it standard? Thought the packs normally said if it was free range, but didn't say if it was caged.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                              Had seen it here all the time and thought it was the same in Ireland too as was sure I had noticed it

Comment

Tiger - 2 after 4 and in the top 10. Few narrowly missed putts yesterday cost him a legit chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                  Are you still in hospital CC ? Must have been a pain getting you ready and then canceling like that, have you family around when you come out after the op ?
                                                                                                                  Yeah the novelty of hospital food is well gone at this stage. Scheduled to be operated on on Tuesday morning. And my 3 sisters that live in Dublin around regularly.
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Tiger - 2 after 4 and in the top 10. Few narrowly missed putts yesterday cost him a legit chance to win.
                                                                                                                    I've a serious question for you.

Every time I experience this I say to myself I need to ask me physicist m8 wtf is going on.

Why is a layer of grease on water in a pot or pan repelled so dramatically when a drop of fairy liquid is dripped onto it?

What's going on there?

Comment

Or is that the job of a chemist to explain?

Comment

Lidl have my favourite wine, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano at €14.99, less than half I've ever seen it anywhere.

Have it lined up with some blue, brie, crusty bread and prosciutto, shall report.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          I've a serious question for you.

Every time I experience this I say to myself I need to ask me physicist m8 wtf is going on.

Why is a layer of grease on water in a pot or pan repelled so dramatically when a drop of fairy liquid is dripped onto it?

What's going on there?
                                                                                                                          Not 100% sure as its more chemistry but soap contains molecules called surfactants which make fats and water mix better than they would without. Each surfactant molecule attracts a load of water to the tip and grease to the tail. I'd say it's not that it's repelled, more that it's dissolved to the point where you can't see it. Ask your chemistry m8 for a better explanation!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X