Double Chance Tourneys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Chance Tourneys

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Just wondering when is the best time to take your second lot of chips in these? Cheers.

First hand.

Comment

Double up on someone els, then take your second stack
      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Try to keep the table covered. If someone else doubles up, or takes their other chips, then you get yours

Comment

I think this was posted by doke? before but the only time I wont take my second stack straight away is when a really good player has position on me.

also its worth noting but some players (wrongly) stack off lighter when they have the "safety net" of their second stack - its worth identifying these players early and trying to build you own stack.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
            Double up on someone els, then take your second stack
            not this,

take them straight away if you feel you have an edge on the table

i always take them straight away

there are some arguments for waiting and these are relevant to your poker abilities and your opponents abilities

so in a vacuum wer you are the best or better than some players who have taken ders, take you chips straight away
            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
              I think this was posted by doke? before but the only time I wont take my second stack straight away is when a really good player has position on me.

also its worth noting but some players (wrongly) stack off lighter when they have the "safety net" of their second stack - its worth identifying these players early and trying to build you own stack.
              This is pretty much it imo, if a very good player has position try to hold off until one of you is moved or stacked

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post

Yeah, only time I ever held back was when I found Andy Black sitting to my immediate left.

Good point on identifying the kamikaze kids too: they add value to rebuys and double chances.
                My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                  Yeah, only time I ever held back was when I found Andy Black sitting to my immediate left.

Good point on identifying the kamikaze kids too: they add value to rebuys and double chances.
                  This....
                  "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Working...
                  X