Final table 3 handed AQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final table 3 handed AQ

Tough enough spit I found myself in recently, just looking for thoughts...in my head I felt it was a mistake at the time but looking for opinions

Hero 850 k
    Villain 1 400k
    Villain 2 700k

Blinds are 10/20k and I'm in sb with AQ, villain 1 min raises and I 3 bet (with the intention of calling his 4 bet) to 140k...villain 2 in BB then shoves his 700k...villain 1 folds, what's my play?

Edit: The table has been playing very tight, I have only shown Ak, Kk and AA in show down. Villain 2 has been fairly standard TAG
    Last edited by Colddeck; 02-12-15, 12:42.

Not folding here.

Comment

I was in almost exactly this spot a few weeks ago , I covered by more and when I snapped his AK held.
      That time he had top of his range, I'm almost always calling it off here without a strong read.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I folded after a bit of a tank

Honestly I had his range as quite narrow 99-AA, Ak, AQ and unlikely but possibly AJs

If ihad him covered by more I probably would have snapped,

Comment

Originally posted by Colddeck View Post
          I folded after a bit of a tank

Honestly I had his range as quite narrow 99-AA, Ak, AQ and unlikely but possibly AJs

If ihad him covered by more I probably would have snapped,
          That's poor thinking imo. If it's a snap with a bigger stack it's a snap now.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            That's poor thinking imo. If it's a snap with a bigger stack it's a snap now.
            I suppose I phrased that poorly, if ihad him covered by more, if he had a similar stack to the short stack in other words I would have put his range wider and acted accordingly...as it was I didn't see him pushing with worse than AQ

Comment

Unless you can see him turning over AT AJ here its a fold

Comment

i had done the maths on this and had it all typed out but the electricity went, just going by pot odds v the hand range you put him on it was close but a fold. think you needed 40% to call and had 37.5% equity v that specific hand range
                when we take icm into consideration it should be a fold i ran it in icmizer and it has you only calling AA.KK,QQ.
                Can go through it the numbers again if you want.
                post the payout too if you want me to go through it again
                The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Nuttkickker View Post
                  i had done the maths on this and had it all typed out but the electricity went, just going by pot odds v the hand range you put him on it was close but a fold. think you needed 40% to call and had 37.5% equity v that specific hand range
                  when we take icm into consideration it should be a fold i ran it in icmizer and it has you only calling AA.KK,QQ.
                  Can go through it the numbers again if you want.
                  post the payout too if you want me to go through it again

Cheers for the info, I guess my instincts were right for a change

The payouts were
                  1st 16.5k
                  2nd 12k
                  3rd 8.6k

Comment

It's heavily payout and player dependent. I can run it through icmizer as well but I suppose the question I have is did you feel you had an edge playing against your opps? Ie: if your opps are playing TAG would you feel comfortable opening up? Your spot looks to me without running the maths like it's close to a pass but if I felt I could open up to a more LAG game and if we had an edge here then defo pass

Comment

Working...
                    X