Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Rules and Rulings

Old 07-05-12, 13:52   #1
Eoin-Dubh

Too many burnt cards - ruling ?

cards dealt..player A limps, player B goes all in (pocket 6's), player C calls all in (pock 5's)
player A folds.
Flop, turn, river dealt.......66 hold up but then player A notices that 4 cards in total have been burnt (one too many) ...
any rulings or rules for this ? this actually happened in a sit and go......

views please....
Eoin-Dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 07:17   #2
AlanO92

Is it clear at what point the extra card was burnt?(flop,turn,river?)

If it is,and i mean 100% clear,seeing as all action happened preflop i suppose you could backtrack to the point where you fix the problem(example: the extra burn card was on the river,so 2 instead of 1 were burnt,then simple the wrongly burnt card becomes the river).

Other than that(and even at that) theres not much anyone can do other than maybe give the dealer an evil look and walk off.
AlanO92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 08-05-12, 07:42   #3
Mellor

If its possible to pinpoint when it went wrong then fix it.

If not. As a quick resolution, i'd also check if any of the burnt cards changed the outcome. If they didn't and no straight/flush/set was possible, the palyer with 55 could be content with the fact that he was ever winning.

If you can't be sure when it happen and one of the burnt cards happens to be a 5 or similar. Then I see no other option that reshuffling the deck, excluding the muck, and dealing a new board.

35 Betfair bonus
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 08-05-12, 09:48   #4
Donkathon
On a Quest.....

I think that since the extra burnt was't noticed untill after the river it's going to be very messy backtracking

The only fair ruling imo is to just backtrack the betting and return to all contributed and class is as a bum deal
Donkathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 08-05-12, 15:04   #5
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkathon View Post
I think that since the extra burnt was't noticed untill after the river it's going to be very messy backtracking

The only fair ruling imo is to just backtrack the betting and return to all contributed and class is as a bum deal
Declaring a bum deal isn't remotely fair. Action too place and two players got it in with 55 vrs 66. A bum deal us very bias in one players favour.
2 Thanks From:
Old 08-05-12, 15:37   #6
Four of a Kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post
If its possible to pinpoint when it went wrong then fix it.

If not. As a quick resolution, i'd also check if any of the burnt cards changed the outcome. If they didn't and no straight/flush/set was possible, the palyer with 55 could be content with the fact that he was ever winning.

If you can't be sure when it happen and one of the burnt cards happens to be a 5 or similar. Then I see no other option that reshuffling the deck, excluding the muck, and dealing a new board.
I agree with this suggestion. Very difficult not to piss someone off regardless of the outcome but this seems like the only half decent line to take.

Unless the extra burnt card was spotted straight away then its impossible to correctly i.d what street it was on.

Maybe J.P or the likes could shed their view on this.
Old 08-05-12, 16:28   #7
greywolf

TOO MANY BURN CARDS- AT LEAST ONE PLAYER HAS ACTED
From FIDPA
Flop:

If a dealer accidentally burns too many cards; and any action on the flopped cards has been taken by at least one player:
1. The flopped cards must stand; whether or not the error is able to be corrected. The subsequent cards should be those that would have come as if no error had occurred.
2. The betting round will be completed and the dealer will deal the turn/fourth card without burning a card.

Turn :

If a dealer accidentally burns too many cards; and any action on the turn card has been taken by at least one player:
1. The burn cards and turn card must stand; whether or not the error is able to be corrected. The subsequent cards should be those that would have come as if no error had occurred.
2. The betting round will be completed and the dealer will deal the river/fifth card without burning a card.

River:

If a dealer accidentally burns too many cards; and any action on the river card has been taken by at least one player:
1. The burn cards and river card will stand.
2. The betting round will be completed and the pot awarded accordingly.
greywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 08-05-12, 20:02   #8
DAMO72
Poker Face ringtone

Dealer error ,
no recourse ,
Next hand
DAMO72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12, 00:12   #9
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
TOO MANY BURN CARDS- AT LEAST ONE PLAYER HAS ACTED
From FIDPA
Flop:.
That's doesn't apply here. No action took place on any street as it was AIPF. we aren't concerned with action revealling information.
Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Rules and Rulings