Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sb vs bb late in tournie

$69+6 tournie on ft 54 paid
    18 left prize money moves up from $180 for 18th to $440 for 10th final table 9th $700 up to $10,600 for 1st
    i have been moved onto the table 5 hands ago so no real reads on any of the players i have been grinding away with a small stack for most of the tournie very bad run of cards blinds 3000/1500/400 i have just doubled up from the bb with AA against KJ from a late raiser onto the very next hand hero sb 102,000 chips, villian bb 98,000 chips it is folded around to me in the sb i look down at A9o
    i raise to 9,000(2.5-3bb raise has been the norm at the other tables i have been at)
    bb calls
    pot 21,600
    flop A,J,6 rainbow
    i bet 15,000
    bb calls
    pot 51,600
    turn 8c(now 2clubs on the board)
    i bet 27,000(thoughts on this should i have checked/raiseed or jammed here(try not to let the fact that bb has pushed here be a factor in saying "i think you should check/jamm here"))
    bb pushes his remaining 75,000
    sb???????????
    Last edited by Angry-Ball; 13-02-10, 17:20.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

The action is messed up there, you're SB but 2nd to act, and what was the turn card

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
      The action is messed up there, you're SB but 2nd to act, and what was the turn card
      sorry i have it fixed now

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

If I am reading this right its about 47,000 back to you into a pot of ~150k. I call without being too thrilled about it

Comment

I'd bet less on the flop like ~11-13.
          Turn I'm check-calling a lot.

Also, I don't like your bet sizing on turn either. Others may disagree but I prefer to bet less if I was betting. As played, without a read it's a shitty spot. Only thing is, you should pretty much know what you are going to do if he shoves etc. If I'm betting that much on the turn I'm snap-calling a shove. Bet-flding that much just doesn't make sense imo.

I don't like playing big pots at this vital stage of an mtt without a read and it's sometimes better to ease your way into a new table. You should at least top-shark or sharkscope them. You can gain a lot of info just knowing whether or not they are a winning player, what stakes they play(is he normally micro stakes taking a shot?...if so he'll prob play tighter at this level etc etc).
          Last edited by 72over; 14-02-10, 16:07.
          It's all an illusion

Comment

I think after betting 27k on the turn and the pot now 150k and you with 50k behind, you just cant fold!
            He probly has something like A6, J8 which you still have outs.. he could have KJ, QJ, A7, A5 and thinks he's ahead!!

Comment

Working...
            X