• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never knew 72over trained Rock on Ruby

Comment

Listening to racing on radio5

Fuck me it's like the worst kind of children's/Grannies programming

Fucking BluePeterisation of the fucking media!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
        Not talking through my pockets but quote below is reason why the previews are a load of bollox. How come no one mentioned this prior to the race?

Walsh said: "It's magic - he just came alive the last fortnight. I didn't ride him work last week but I was watching him work at the Curragh with Willie and we both kind of looked at each other. It was scintillating.
        In fairness I wouldn't blame connections for keeping something in hand on these previews, they have put in all the hard work (and money). It'd be different if they had said he worked shite but imo it's all part of the game to not mention it at all.

Comment

Jadanli shouldn't be 100's.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            Loch Ba is gone through the floor - now an 8/1 shot. I need a winner to settle me into the week.
            unseated
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
              Not talking through my pockets but quote below is reason why the previews are a load of bollox. How come no one mentioned this prior to the race?

Walsh said: "It's magic - he just came alive the last fortnight. I didn't ride him work last week but I was watching him work at the Curragh with Willie and we both kind of looked at each other. It was scintillating.
              Previews are always completely off the mark. They're a good night and good craic but no insight is ever gained into how a horse will perform. It's usually two or three contradictory opinions and at the end of it the punter is in the same place he was before the night started. I remember at the one we ran last year in UCD, after I had sheetfuls of bets I was meant to do, horses that had been bigged up no end. I ended up losing the sheet ( classic ) but it was just as well because if I'd stuck to the tips from that night I would have been stuck a lot of money after the festival.

Comment

I posted my FFS as costello was asleep at the start and got squeezed out and found himself in last rather than front rank as he should have been - horse had no interest in it after that. He was a million to win the race before they jumped the first or eventually unseated.
                Was it not Elsworth up?
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

decided to grab a bit of Rock on Ruby from Paddys
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                    Previews are always completely off the mark. They're a good night and good craic but no insight is ever gained into how a horse will perform. It's usually two or three contradictory opinions and at the end of it the punter is in the same place he was before the night started. I remember at the one we ran last year in UCD, after I had sheetfuls of bets I was meant to do, horses that had been bigged up no end. I ended up losing the sheet ( classic ) but it was just as well because if I'd stuck to the tips from that night I would have been stuck a lot of money after the festival.
                    should have just came on here would would have been up money!!
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                      In fairness I wouldn't blame connections for keeping something in hand on these previews, they have put in all the hard work (and money). It'd be different if they had said he worked shite but imo it's all part of the game to not mention it at all.
                      Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                      Ah I know they are only a bit of craic and for charity.

Just annoys me sometimes when a trainer will mention every horse he has running bar the one he actually fancied the most. Mullins in fairness to him isn't the worst but Ted Walsh can be a right cunt for it. He will fancy every horse in the race bar his, who will hose up.

anyway, don't want to derail the thread. Great racing so far. Worried about the weather though.

Hope Hurricane does the business

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        decided to grab a bit of Rock on Ruby from Paddys
                        HF part of silly bets

Comment

Wheelbarrow at the ready. It's either going to be filled with PP loots or Tesco noodles. Nervous.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Been a fun day so far have a oul lad who comes in and puts the bogeys on every horse he backs, of course everytime I've back a horse he arrives up a few minutes later with 2.50 on the horse good time haha

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              should have just came on here would would have been up money!!
                              Ah this was ages ago, if I'd have known that that was an option I would have taken it ! As it happens, I had an alright cheltenham last year anyway as it happens. Broke even and was happy out

Anyway, mon the fly in the next ! Backed Rock on Ruby as well but I think I'll be in a foul mood for the rest of the day if Hurricane fly doesn't do it.

Comment

few quid on hurricane fly. boston angel and hazy tom later too, a win or two would be nice
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  few quid on hurricane fly. boston angel and hazy tom later too, a win or two would be nice
                                  Bostons Angel race rescheduled for Thursday now

Comment

HF here please. At least he didnt have a sweat in the parade ring.

Comment

1 Cinders and Ashes
                                      2 CountrywideFlame
                                      3 Binocular
                                      ???
                                      profit

Comment

have had to place lay Grandouet at 2.52.
                                        at least that worked

Comment

what a machine

Comment

Great performance.

Comment

Can't really complain about money back.

Underwhelming quality in the two big races today.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                BobsWorth
                                                Ponte Alexandre
                                                Our Conor
                                                Hurricane Fly (backed pre Darlans demise) with a big saver on money back special Zarkander

All make or break the week for me, have e/w bets on Defy Logic, Pique Sous and Son of Flicka as well as a few small win bets on AupCharlie, Ballycasey, Sam Winner, Reve De Sivola and Overturn.
                                                Get in! 1 down 3 to go.

Comment

Took a couple of doubles offers in PP today. After HF and Simonsig I'm really sweating on Quevega here.

Comment

should i back someone in next race?
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

3 up
                                                      Arabella & Carlito for big money

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        Can't really complain about money back.

Underwhelming quality in the two big races today.
                                                        Despite the pace CH was three seconds slower than the Supreme!

Comment

Thoughts on quevega here with him being the oldest in the field have lumped on him as a day saver and have a small bit on un artiste

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Despite the pace CH was three seconds slower than the Supreme!
                                                            Yeah tbf ground looks a bit stickier now than it did first race but supreme did look an above average renewal.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                              Thoughts on quevega here with him being the oldest in the field have lumped on him as a day saver and have a small bit on un artiste
                                                              Big advantage in a Mare's race, cant lose so imo, lump more on quick before everyone else cops on

Comment

race has never been won by a 9yo which is a bad stat for her.
                                                                I took Une Artiste 11/2 e/w for interest
                                                                Qeuvega was a big day saver for me last year but that stat put me off earlier today.
                                                                Was gonna stay away from the race but..meh

Comment

Get her beat!!! Could do with some green on the Chelts book.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

wow

Comment

Bookies getting crucified today

Comment

Awesome finish to the race was worried early on time to make some profit in the last race

Comment

Boom, what a day
                                                                          Champagne fever
                                                                          Simonsig
                                                                          Hurricane Fly
                                                                          Quvega
                                                                          Bookies must be down today

Comment

Not a Hammer or a Trowel in sight as the banks notch up another winner

Comment

Some tipping by Channing in that race, 2nd and 3rd.

I'm having 1pt each-way Swincombe Flame at 40/1 with Hills, Lads, Paddy Power, B365, BetVictor 1/4 odds 1,2,3.

I'm having 1pt each-way sirene D'Ainay at 66/1 with Ladbrokes or BetVictor 1/4 odds 1,2,3.

Comment

Question,

what'll happen to my bets on the cross country?
                                                                                It's part of a few accums and such that I have
                                                                                just carry over till tomorrow?

Comment

Hazy Tom to save the day. I can only imagine the funking GAB is doing in some bunker.....
                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Question,

what'll happen to my bets on the cross country?
                                                                                    It's part of a few accums and such that I have
                                                                                    just carry over till tomorrow?
                                                                                    This is from PP.

The Cross Country Race was now been rescheduled for Thursday at 5.15. All bets on this race will stand as per the rule below:

If a race programme is abandoned or postponed bets will be void.

However, on occasions when a major race is postponed we reserve the right to advertise and apply the following: Bets accepted after 10am on the day of the overnight declarations will stand until that race is run, so long as the overnight declarations stand, unless cancelled by prior mutual agreement.

Comment

Quivega..shes some mare. and Ruby--he's some jockey.

Great opening day for the festival.

Comment

Chin up the Bull.

In GAB we Trust!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                          Some tipping by Channing in that race, 2nd and 3rd.
                                                                                          Amazing tips from him overall today. He's up a fortune on the day.

Opr

Comment

I took Une Artiste 11/2 e/w for interest
                                                                                            Qeuvega was a big day saver for me last year but that stat put me off earlier today.
                                                                                            Was gonna stay away from the race but..meh
                                                                                            Presume GAB was taking the piss here as Quevega has won 5 of the 6 renewals, not giving much of a chance to 9yos

Comment

Breezing through the Racing Post this morning, I spotted a 2 page add from PP advertising 5/1 on Hurricane Fly for new phone customers (to a max of €50). I never had a phone betting account as I didnt really want it as i thought it would just be too easy to be sucked in having bets on everything and anything. (at least before I place bets online Im prepared to do some bit of study first).

So I ring up and tell the girl Id like to open a telephone betting account. She asked me had I used a telephone betting account with them before, "no", says I, "never bet over the phone before". Have you an online account with us, asks she. "Well, yes I have" says I. Ah, says she, thats the same thing, its the same account, so you can not place the bet.

I explain that is not what the advertisment in the paper says. It specifically says open a new phone betting account. I asked her why they didnt say phone/online if thats what they meant, but she just kept repeating that the account is the same.

So now all of a sudden, my wife, my 2 daughters and my future son-in-law are all the proud owners of spanking new PP telephone betting accounts. I must ring that girl back in the morning and thank her for her help!!

Roll on day 2.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                My big bet of the day Is Quevega 9/4 to win by up to and incl 6L in the 4.40 with pp
                                                                                                Did it twice and it's since been clipped to 2/1. I knew it wouldn't last as boyles is up to and info 5L and 7/4. I think something will chase her up to within 6 today and I can see her more likely to be beat than to piss in so you may as well get 2/1 than 8/13.
                                                                                                I'm in kildare today hitting the Pub soon with these crazy bastards.
                                                                                                GTFI. Saved the day

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post

Roll on day 2.
                                                                                                  No Flies on you Connie (Pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                                                                                                    No Flies on you Connie (Pun intended)
                                                                                                    Id say he done his asking around about this future son in law too. I doubt an idle hour in the cue club was spent by him

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                      Id say he done his asking around about this future son in law too. I doubt an idle hour in the cue club was spent by him
                                                                                                      I lolled (out loud).

Comment

PriceWise
                                                                                                        Cheltenham Festival ‏@CheltenhamTips
                                                                                                        Pricewise tips Tuesday, 4.00 Un Beau Matin 20/1, Ab Lane 9/1, 1.30 Rose of the Moon 18/1, 4.00 Bordoni 11/1, Flax Flare 25/1, 5.15 Shield

Comment

couple of the panel at the woodlands preview night put up pendra in the coral cup.
                                                                                                          also read an article late last year in the independent where liz doyle was talkin bout le vent dentan & that it could be something v special,that was before its eyecatching racecourse debut.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                            Breezing through the Racing Post this morning, I spotted a 2 page add from PP advertising 5/1 on Hurricane Fly for new phone customers (to a max of €50). I never had a phone betting account as I didnt really want it as i thought it would just be too easy to be sucked in having bets on everything and anything. (at least before I place bets online Im prepared to do some bit of study first).

So I ring up and tell the girl Id like to open a telephone betting account. She asked me had I used a telephone betting account with them before, "no", says I, "never bet over the phone before". Have you an online account with us, asks she. "Well, yes I have" says I. Ah, says she, thats the same thing, its the same account, so you can not place the bet.

I explain that is not what the advertisment in the paper says. It specifically says open a new phone betting account. I asked her why they didnt say phone/online if thats what they meant, but she just kept repeating that the account is the same.

So now all of a sudden, my wife, my 2 daughters and my future son-in-law are all the proud owners of spanking new PP telephone betting accounts. I must ring that girl back in the morning and thank her for her help!!

Roll on day 2.
                                                                                                            Thats is only priceless Connie outstanding

Comment

Docu starting now on c4 about ruby,geraghty and Russell

Comment

I'd suggest if this is your first text bet with PP you will get a better offer for a greater amount but it works for existing accounts who have already text bet before.

Paddy Power are running an offer of Evens about Sprinter Sacre tomorrow if you text the bet in for max €20. You do it the following way:

Text the following to 51465 - XX ENHANCED SS

-> Put your stake (up to €20) in the XX part; thus if you want €20 on it; it'd be "20 ENHANCED SS". You must have the funds to cover it in your account.

Opr

Comment

Jaysis just watched Jetski eating that last hurdle again. Think it made the difference!!

Comment

PP offering 5 places in Coral, went for Urbain De Sivola e/w @ 25/1.

Gone for an accum with Pont Alexandre, Unioniste, SS and Pendra, also did them 4 trebles.

Also took Somersby e/w @ 33/1 in champion chase.

Gl tomorrow dudes.
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                      Also took Somersby e/w @ 33/1 in champion chase.
                                                                                                                      I did a bucketload of bad ew multiples and permed multiples and got everything chinned bar two e/w doubles his excellency/baily green both running on to Somersby tomoro to take out just under 7k. It's 3 places at least but couldn't say I'm confident.

Comment

Sorry deleted post as I seen you said three on Somersby at the end of the last post. I hate aftertiming but I also backed His Excellency at 80's for three places before the declarations. Couldn't quite believe it when he was running on at the end as he look dead half way through the race.

Opr

Comment

Have to say while watching the Highlights that Ruby Walsh would make one hell of a polygamist the way he compliments these mares so equally!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X