No announcement yet.

Cheltenham Festival 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Pique Sous still running the Novices Hurdle? Just checked my open bets and that, Our Conor & Capt Chris are my big bets.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
      Is Pique Sous still running the Novices Hurdle? Just checked my open bets and that, Our Conor & Capt Chris are my big bets.
      Still running alright but the soft ground isn't going to do anything for him im afraid.
      Wouldn't totally rule him out of the place market.

Comment

Very lost on what to make of this CH

I've changed my mind twice since starting this post FFS!

I wanted to back Binocular but 10/1 is too short and he's too old anyway.

Maybe Countrywide flame or cinders and ashes will improve a stone and make it look like a good renewal or Rock on Rubi to become the worst ever two time winner
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Any thoughts on Shangani in the last Noel? Seems to have the right profile and fits the trends.
          Sign up to Irish Eyes Bet here for 150% deposit bonus and rakeback deal.

Comment

bet365 a 1/3 a place now in champion

Comment

Some of the offers tomorrow are ridiculously unsustainable from bookies PoV. If you don't make money tomorrow you should give the game up.

Comment

Anyone here still work for PP.

Want to check terms of an email offer I got but live chat and phone guys dont seem to sure.

Its a Cheltenham deposit 50% bonus, max 200 deposit.
                Bonus has to be rolled over once before it can be withdrawn.
                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Anyone know what the max bet is on this? New accounts only Simonsig 3/1

Edit - I'm blind 20 euro.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                    Anyone here still work for PP.

Want to check terms of an email offer I got but live chat and phone guys dont seem to sure.

Its a Cheltenham deposit 50% bonus, max 200 deposit.
                    Bonus has to be rolled over once before it can be withdrawn.
                    i still work for them what terms ya looking for

Comment

What time/day is that running?. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                        What time/day is that running?. thanks
                        Shit son the man is providing the tips, do you want him to wipe aswell

Comment

Small bit of it available on BF @ 21, I've tied up all my meagre loots for now, hopefully it hasn't shortened too much by tomorrow eve.

Edit, pretty much gone now
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

betfair no commission all races tomorrow - it's after turning into an arbers wet dream
                            Last edited by nicnicnic; 11-03-13, 23:42.

Comment

Originally posted by onenutmaster View Post
                              i still work for them what terms ya looking for
                              Just wondering what the catch is really.

I presume I can't deposit 200, get my 100 bonus.
                              Put it on Sprinter Sacre at 1/4 and then withdraw 325 if he wins.
                              But also withdraw my original 200 if he loses.
                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

length of time off the track but as he is running on the same ground I can forgive it (i.e. long gaps can see horses running on diff ground but this time he runs on same ground).
                                I love it when I pick up something that never dawned on me before - I am a big fan of using this stat. cheers, so obvious really!

Comment

Anyone remember the name of the site Channing said he would be posting about what he's doing on each race? He mentioned it during the podcast but name currently escapes me.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                    Anyone remember the name of the site Channing said he would be posting about what he's doing on each race? He mentioned it during the podcast but name currently escapes me.

Opr

Comment

Anyone know if C4 have morning line scheduled for tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                          7-55am i believe everyday of festival

Comment

DAY 1 13.30 pique sous 25-1
                                            14.40 tour des champs 28-1
                                            14.05 arivika ligeonniere 8-1
                                            17.15 the druids nephew 13-2

Comment

30 mph winds/freezing no mention of snow but looking at weather on sky news now has to be a possibility - clerk of course says zero chance of racing not going ahead. I'm worried

Comment

Santie wont come if you dont go to bed nicky....

Comment

Here are my thoughts and selections for Day 1

Also posted on my blog www.rakeback-blogger.com

R1 – Supreme Novices

I think MTOY is too short, have question marks whether he is suited to track, and going by some past trends of mine, I think is not the classiest horse in the race.
                                                  I think its between Champagne Fever, Jezki & Un Atout, however I am siding with Champagne Fever for a few reasons (love the going, potential to improve as was recovering from respiratory infection last time out, and after looking at the video form seems the best horse to pop the hurdles). I will be backing 1 point each way on William Hill (paying out 5 places)

R2 – Arkle

I cant see past Simonsig but I am not going to back odds on.

R3 – JLT Handicap Chase

This race is very interesting.
                                                  My shortlist of potential winners are Loch Ba, Merry King & White Star Line which is good news cause I already backed loch ba at 16/1 when GAB on IPB mentioned it a few days ago. I think Merry King will like the stiff test of stamina that Cheltenham provides but loch ba was impressive last time out and is open to further improvement. However if bet comes in, I will be thanking GAB for this, as I missed out on the Hen Knight angle. Also just noticed that Merry King is 0-4 when runs after a break of 40 days or more so that is good news also for Loch Ba

Loch Ba 1 point each way

R4 – Champion Hurdle

Its between Zarkander and Hurricane Fly in my opinion with the former the better bet. I am of the opinion that hurricane fly is too short to back as there are 5 horses in this race with the class to win it. I have discounted Binocular due to trends (recent form) , Grandouet as he prefers better ground and Rock on Ruby as I don’t like first time blinkers on a horse especially a horse of his quality. I discount HF as I believe he isn’t totally suited to the track and there are always question marks whether the champion hurdle he won was a weaker renewal than usual. This leaves Zarkander the best value bet.

1 point win Zarkander

R5 – Cross Country Handicap Chase

I don’t particularly like enda bulgers horses this year so only horse that looks relatively unexposed and has proven form on going, distance and track is Outlaw Pete.
                                                  Will stick a small bet on here for interest sake 1/2 point each way Outlaw Pete

R6 – Mares Hurdle

Quevega will more than likely win but it will be interesting to see how Une Artiste will perform. Here is what BG said in his blog about it
                                                  “My last ride of the day is UNE ARTISTE in the OLBG Mares Hurdle (4.40) when she has the difficult task of dethroning the reigning queen, Quevega.
                                                  However, I’m going into this with a very positive approach because once again you’ve got to take it on trust as to how the favourite is because we haven’t seen her since last April.
                                                  Her record is there in front of us but she’s a nine-year-old mare and nothing lasts forever and I feel that Une Artiste is on the way up and improving.
                                                  She loves this trip and the softer ground and is good at the track. She’s a good bit smarter than she was a year ago when she won the Fred Winter.
                                                  I haven’t been on her recently but I’ve see her perform at home and I’d be more than happy.”

Therefore it seems like a great value each way bet, so back 1 point each way on Une Artiste Back. WH still offering 6/1…

R6 – Novice Handicap Chase

I’m brutal with novice handicaps so going to let the trends do the talking here. I worked through them and the only selections that fit are the following;
                                                  Colour Squadron & The Druids Nephew. I like color squadron as it has more class and because its a Hobbs trained horse who knows how to train a horse for this race. But I also like The Druids Nephew as its very unexposed and great sire stats for going and distance. I will probably put 1/2 point win on both horses just for interest.

Comment

My bets:

Supreme; I'm a Puffin Billy fan. I'm going against GAB here. I fancied it for the Neptune. I think the reasons they've gone for the Supreme are the ground and Pont Alexandre.

Arkle; There's enough doubts about the 2 market leaders on the ground to back Arvika small stakes ew

JLT; Two against the field are Loch Ba and Nuts N Bolts, small stakes ew

CH; With the ground conditions, I make this a match between HF and Zarkandar. Easy game then. Back Z with PP and HF at best odds available.

CC; Outlaw Pete ew; has good bits of form

OLBG Mares; Unoriginal, Quvega with Une Artiste as nailed on ew

NvCh; My bet of the day is Shangani ew. Think he's been laid out for this.

Comment

Tomorrow's bets.

Puffin Billy in the first ew with will hills.

Laying Simonsig!

Pretty neg on HF, he's drifting to a more realistic price now. On Zarkandar big, grandouet very good result for me too.

Laying Quevega.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
                                                        Santie wont come if you dont go to bed nicky....
                                                        Is he here yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          inspection at 10.30. If Simon Claisse told me today was Tuesday I would need to check the calendar.
                                                          What's the weather doing over there atm?
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'd be pretty inconsolable if this gets abandoned today. I'd prob kill an infant if it meant there's no danger of no racing.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

PP 5/2 MTOY max €200, lay on BF 3.15 free €100 to nothing.

Comment

Free tipping comp here
                                                                Sign up to Irish Eyes Bet here for 150% deposit bonus and rakeback deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                  if you haven't backed this yet, then back it. If you have backed it, go and back it again. Just been told that Jamie Codd is booked to ride - expect him to halve in price.
                                                                  I can only stick 23.75 e/w on with PP online. Is this not very low or is it a one off??

Do I need to start going to bookie shops to get decent bets on or open up other online accounts??

I'm backing your top tips for the week GAB. But it's not just in the hope of winning cash but so that I don't feel like I missed out when you are rubbing all that lovely cash on your titties at the end of the week!
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Ladbrokes still have the 20/1 available. Was able to get 75 e/w there. Seems very low from PP.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                      Ladbrokes still have the 20/1 available. Was able to get 75 e/w there. Seems very low from PP.
                                                                      It really does. It's not like I bet that often with PP or that I'd have a massively winning account

Cheers for the Ladbrokes tip. I stuck another 50 on e/w and got a free 50 bet for opening a new account. When the price halves I'll lock up a bit with betfair.
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Woohoo, passed the inspection first race put back to 2.05.

Comment

flipped mtoy for the freebie which went on a fiver trixie on My Tent Or Yours @ 7/4,Fruity O'Rooney @ 9/1 and syrian @ 5/1(7.20 wolves)
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          € 1345.00 for the score weeeeeeee

Shangani for a tenner e/w,Freneys Well @ 40/1 tenner e/w.

cheltenham placepot

r1 horse 12
                                                                          r2 horse 6
                                                                          r3 horse 20
                                                                          r4 horse 6
                                                                          r5 horse 7
                                                                          r6 horse 12

not bad for a free days punting
                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Cross Country unlikely to go ahead?

This afternoon's Cheltenham meeting is set to go ahead, although the first race will be delayed by 35 minutes.

The cross country course was due to be in action at 4pm but that race is now scheduled for 5.45pm.

However, if the Glenfarclas Handicap Chase is to go ahead, the banks course must pass a further inspection at 2.15pm.

The William Hill Supreme Novices' Hurdle will still open the card at the revised time with the Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy now going at 2.40.

The JLT Specialty Chase now starts at 3.20, while the feature Stan James Champion Hurdle now has a post time of 4pm.

Quevega will bid for a fifth successive victory in the OLBG Mares' Hurdle at 4.40, as originally planned, with the Rewards4Racing Novices' Handicap Chase due off at 5.15 as scheduled.

The cross country chase will then round off the card at 5.45pm, if the track is fit to race.

Comment

WTF

Morning line is not available online

THIS PROGRAMME WILL BE ON 4OD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER BROADCAST.

Well, thats fuck all use
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

How will that affect place pots? Usually first 6 races but some people would already have it done so that would include Cross X race.

Comment

place accum i suppose
                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                    How will that affect place pots? Usually first 6 races but some people would already have it done so that would include Cross X race.
                                                                                    XCountry Chase will still maintain its position as the fifth race I'd have thought.
                                                                                    In much the same way as the first race will still be called the 1.35 (off at 2.07).

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                      Doesn't affect it at all. Still the same six races, if the Cross Country is off the bet is settled on five races.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        WTF

Morning line is not available online

THIS PROGRAMME WILL BE ON 4OD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER BROADCAST.

Well, thats fuck all use
                                                                                        Charity bets

Greg Cunningham 4.00 Arabella Boy 50 e/w
                                                                                        Ted Walsh 5.15 Colour Squadron 100w
                                                                                        Mick Fitz 2.40 Merry King 25/ew
                                                                                        Mick fitz 2.05 Simonsig 50w
                                                                                        Tanya 2.40 Our Mick 100w
                                                                                        Nick Luck 3.20 HF 100w

Comment

My big bet of the day Is Quevega 9/4 to win by up to and incl 6L in the 4.40 with pp
                                                                                          Did it twice and it's since been clipped to 2/1. I knew it wouldn't last as boyles is up to and info 5L and 7/4. I think something will chase her up to within 6 today and I can see her more likely to be beat than to piss in so you may as well get 2/1 than 8/13.
                                                                                          I'm in kildare today hitting the Pub soon with these crazy bastards.

Comment

In the bookies just there, lots of dreamers with a tenner and an accumulator slip.

Ah, Cheltenham....
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              In the bookies just there, lots of dreamers with a tenner and an accumulator slip.

Ah, Cheltenham....
                                                                                              Sounds like me

Did a €5er e/w accumulator, €350 for the four places, partay in town later if they're all winners
                                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 12-03-13, 13:31.

Comment

PP FB special Simonsig evs max bet €25

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  Sounds like me

Did a €5er e/w accumulator, €350 for the four places, partay in town later if they're all winners
                                                                                                  18k for my 5er accum...
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Ugh I've backed My Tent or Yours very late on here, not happy but think you have to listen to the market.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Wp Ruby.

Player gone - Silver-Tiger

Comment

Great ride by Ruby

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                          18k for my 5er accum...
                                                                                                          1/4 the way to 24k

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                            1/4 the way to 24k
                                                                                                            Believe !
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

1 up on the silly money accum/heinz/lucky63
                                                                                                              Jezki for a EW saver
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Cross Country Chase moved to thurs @ 5.15.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                  Some of the offers tomorrow are ridiculously unsustainable from bookies PoV. If you don't make money tomorrow you should give the game up.
                                                                                                                  Really?

I could so with some extra cash. Maybe post up your selections for free money?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    Ugh I've backed My Tent or Yours very late on here, not happy but think you have to listen to the market.
                                                                                                                    Prob should have listened a little closer, great first race though. Puffin billy slipping into 5th saved me a terrible start, ty hills- a lot of credit must go to them for that offer.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

2 Up
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Not talking through my pockets but quote below is reason why the previews are a load of bollox. How come no one mentioned this prior to the race?

Walsh said: "It's magic - he just came alive the last fortnight. I didn't ride him work last week but I was watching him work at the Curragh with Willie and we both kind of looked at each other. It was scintillating.

Comment

I've heard 4 very varying descriptions of ground conditions in the last hour. Was the hardness in the first race more due to the freezing conditions and its thawing out now? A bit of clarity would help..
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X