early stages MTT qq vs. turn shove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early stages MTT qq vs. turn shove

standard fold @ this stage yeh? only action I'd seen from this guy was to bet jam his AKoff for his 120 bigs..and win vs. AKsuited that called him if that helps the decision..
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 30/60 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t17101)
    Hero (MP2) (t7195)
    MP3 (t4730)
    CO (t5000)
    Button (t12165)
    SB (t3985)
    BB (t4230)
    UTG (t5108)
    UTG+1 (t5181)

Hero's M: 79.94

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q
    2 folds, MP1 calls t60, Hero bets t240, 5 folds, MP1 calls t180

Flop: (t570) J, 3, 4 (2 players)
    MP1 checks, Hero bets t360, MP1 calls t360

Turn: (t1290) 6 (2 players)
    MP1 checks, Hero bets t540, MP1 raises to t16501 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: t2370

Readless b/f is fine. Explain the AK hand in more detail
    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
      Readless b/f is fine. Explain the AK hand in more detail
      both players have approx starting stck of 5000; villiain opens on the button 3x to 120, BB 3 bets to 450, viallin 4 bets shoves for 5k, BB calls.
      villain had AK, BB had AK board
      board runs out with 4 clubs......

Comment

Yeah im bet/folding there all day.
        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I don't think it's a standard fold or that it's a definite bet/fold all day long. It's definetly a high risk play, but we're not always behind to this type of play in a $5 game. I be really surprised if he played a set this way, he shouldn't have a straight and 2 pair is pretty unlikely. It looks like we're only behind to exactly a flopped flush and ahead of AdJx, KdJx, Ad5x, Ad6x and maybe some other spaz hands. I'll check behind on the turn for pot control sometimes this early on, and i'd be a lot more scared if he check/raised me to 1320 or something like that rather than a shove. I think it's close

Comment

At the point he pushes there is 1830 in the pot which he decides is worth 16k to him.
            Its at the early stages [30/60], you have plenty chips left and you only have one pair, albeit an overpair. I agree its a fold this hand.

There must be a thread on some fourm, or a book I don't know about, that advises consistent overbetting as the 'new' tournament play. Think your OP raises the Q of what to do about it.

I think it comes down to watching them closely when they're hands with others and try to extrapolate from that what the bet likely means when you're in a hand with them - so the A,K hand is instructive but I don't think its decisive enough to call it off here.

I'm not saying 'tighten up and wait till you've the nuts' btw, just that over a couple of rounds at the table it will be become clearer whether overbets mean draws or overpairs or air or whatever - but in the absence of all that let him buy this pot.

Comment

Working...
            X