• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This phone is amazing. Wp
    HTC
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Im sure if I move up enough levels I'll find the one that I was owned on

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($27.09)
      Button ($27.04)
      SB ($27.33)
      UTG ($21.88)
      MP ($25)
      CO ($8.91)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
      UTG bets $0.75, 4 folds, Hero raises $2.50, UTG calls $2

Flop: ($5.60) 2, 5, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, UTG calls $4.50

Turn: ($14.60) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $19.84 (All-In), UTG calls $14.63 (All-In)

River: ($43.86) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $43.86

Results:
      Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and twos).
      UTG had 6, 8 (straight, eight high).
      Outcome: UTG won $41.67

Comment

Looking for a good hotel in Dublin City Centre (reasonably priced) hit me with some suggestions. Also any good tapas restaurants other than Salamanca?

Missus needs a break!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
          Hopefully playing this and just jumped into the sat there. Are there more sats on?

I googled it and found a page but I thought I saw leaflets at the IPO that said there was a HU game on too. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Actually I just realised that google keeps bringing me to last year games. I'll have another look around. Is there a thread around here about it?
          I linked it earlier on here, all info in on the Festivals page in Tourny Forum. think Heads up game on Sun

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
            Hopefully playing this and just jumped into the sat there. Are there more sats on?

I googled it and found a page but I thought I saw leaflets at the IPO that said there was a HU game on too. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Actually I just realised that google keeps bringing me to last year games. I'll have another look around. Is there a thread around here about it?

Comment

have had a hangover that I havn't been able to fully shake all day. Come on 5:30 not a hope I will stay late tonight.

Comment

Pretty funny story happened to my friend, something that wouldn't be misplaced in an episode of the office or curb your enthusiasm for cringe-worthiness.

He was at a college table quiz out in UCD last week. They had their team sorted until one of it's members decided to join a team of apparentely hot german girls, fair play they thought, we would have done the same if we saw them first so gg wp ect... and they proceeded without him and the German team were on the opposite side of the room.

So the quiz starts and after a few rounds the general feeling in the room is that the quiz and in particular the quiz master are pretty rubbish. A voice which my friend was sure is the guy who abandoned them for the Germans shouts out in a tounge and cheek tone 'this quiz is a Joke' which was met by a bit of laughter from the room. In response to this my friend shouts back ' no your the fucking joke' but instead of laughter this comment was met with a deathly silence, and almost judging stares from everybody in the room and a general feeling of discompfort.

After what he described what seemed like an eterninty of this silence the quiz eventually goes on. My friend was still thinking WTF just happened. He throws a glance over to the team of German girls and one of them leans back in her chair to uncover to my friends complete horror who was sitting behind her and it dawned on him what he just did. The guy sitting beside them was the transsexual from their faculty.

A week has passed now and nobody has mentioned this once to my friend but he's convinced they have him labelled as an intolerant cunt from now on.
                Last edited by The Situation; 28-10-10, 16:10.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  I linked it earlier on here, all info in on the Festivals page in Tourny Forum. think Heads up game on Sun
                  Thanks. Looks v good. I'm having flashbacks from the IPO of trying to read the leaflet, with one eye open, at about 4 in the morning! Fun times! Hope to see you there.

Comment

Unbelievable video of maintenance guy climbing huge antenna.
                    This video contains no special effects, and no fancy stunts. But it will scare the crap out of you. That's because you're watching from a head-mounted camera as an engineer scales an antenna tower over 1,700 feet high.

oh jesus christ, no safety line...
                    Last edited by Zuroph; 28-10-10, 16:14.
                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Who would have thought people would be so sensitive about Germans. The world has gone mad.

Good story rkop

Comment

The new Thinkpoint virus has to be the nastiest cunt of thing I have ever come across.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                          Think might have to get Keith Richard's new autobiography:

wowsers!
                          Interview with the man with 9 lives on BBC 2 tonight at 11.50.
                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                            This video contains no special effects, and no fancy stunts. But it will scare the crap out of you. That's because you're watching from a head-mounted camera as an engineer scales an antenna tower over 1,700 feet high.

That video has actually made my stomach turn
                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Saw this on another forum a few weeks ago. The man's a fucking maniac. Not for climbing up the antenna, mind you. Anyone with a bit of fitness and some balls can do that. It's the way he repeatedly doesn't bother to attach himself to anything, and also attaches himself to things that are just not going to hold him if he falls. Apparently the guy was sacked for making this vid and has basically been blacklisted from doing that work now.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Its the wimminz causing the problems.

A heroin drought has created a new market in prescription sleeping tablets, bringing novice female dealers on to the streets

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00iYCeGnh50[/ame]
                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLczeDLaZU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                      The new Thinkpoint virus has to be the nastiest cunt of thing I have ever come across.

Opr
                                      Yeah, the wife got it from facebook. Pain in the hole getting rid of it.

Very clever though, I'd say they've made millions with it so far, many many people will fall for it.

My mother is on fb all the time, I had to call her and explain all about it, she'd be just the type to reach for the credit card.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        Yeah, the wife got it from facebook. Pain in the hole getting rid of it.

Very clever though, I'd say they've made millions with it so far, many many people will fall for it.

My mother is on fb all the time, I had to call her and explain all about it, she'd be just the type to reach for the credit card.
                                        cliff notes on virus?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                          cliff notes on virus?
                                          It's fake microsoft antivirus software that looks legit. It pretends to scan your pc and comes back telling you you have trojans and your pc is pretty much fucked unless you upgrade for $99. Locks up everything too, you can't access anything untill you either get rid of it or pay the $99. I had to use the iphone to figure out how to get rid of it from my wife's laptop, she couldn't access the net.

If you do 'upgrade' you end up downloading all sorts of filthy shit to your machine.
                                          Last edited by Lazare; 28-10-10, 17:21.

Comment

What is the thinkpoint virus?

lol, already answered

Comment

Jaysus that video is something else.

Comment

came home from work today house full of kids and no dinner they had chips pizza sausages and what not, wife said she was going out for dinner with a few friends later so decided not to make dinner and that i could rustle up something for myself. i decided to make a couple of wraps and in the process thought i would spice it up a bit with the old cayenne chilli pepper ftw.

safe to say i overdone it with the pepper, now i like a good curry and spicy food dosn't tend to bother me too much. but this was the first wrap that brought snots running freely from my nose

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Does anyone know atufone? He seems to have grimmed me on a money trade Been over a week and 4 pms sent to him without reply, any help apreciated!

Comment

For those who never leave the BBV, IPB-er Jack90210 scooped 11.5K for coming second in the monkey side event at the IWF. He won the ticket to play it in the IPB/PPP league and he's wrote a very excellent trip report

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                      came home from work today house full of kids and no dinner they had chips pizza sausages and what not, wife said she was going out for dinner with a few friends later so decided not to make dinner and that i could rustle up something for myself. i decided to make a couple of wraps and in the process thought i would spice it up a bit with the old cayenne chilli pepper ftw.

safe to say i overdone it with the pepper, now i like a good curry and spicy food dosn't tend to bother me too much. but this was the first wrap that brought snots running freely from my nose
                                                      Your mistake was not pimp-handing her when she jokingly suggested making your own dinner in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by GAWA9 View Post
                                                        Does anyone know atufone? He seems to have grimmed me on a money trade Been over a week and 4 pms sent to him without reply, any help apreciated!
                                                        Think this guy has history of this. He was v slow in paying a bet he lost to Tommygunne(ignored pms ect) but did eventually after TG started a thread.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                          Think this guy has history of this. He was v slow in paying a bet he lost to Tommygunne(ignored pms ect) but did eventually after TG started a thread.
                                                          Don't think he did pay

Comment

This

Comment

lol oops guess I should research people better! fml

edit: weirdest thing is it was originally for $300 but he sent that back and we agreed to a smaller trade of 160 and he grimmed me the 2nd time :S

Comment

lol oops guess I should research people better! fml

edit: weirdest thing is it was originally for $300 but he sent that back and we agreed to a smaller trade of 160 and he grimmed me the 2nd time :S
                                                                Yeah you were just very unlucky that he was clearly preying on a new poster. Very rare that this happens here but unfortunate when it does.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

yeh unfortunate, he may still pay me back sometime I have faith! this seems like a reasonable place to introduce myself anyway sup everyone JamieCarra pointed me in the direction of this forum Im an online pro living in Belfast and Im startin to play a little more live.
                                                                  Last edited by GAWA9; 28-10-10, 18:36. Reason: I type well while grinding..

Comment

yeh unforunate, he may still pay me back sometime I have faith! this seems like a reasonable place to introduce myself anyway sup everyone JamieCarra pointed me in the direction of this forum Im an online pro living in Belfast and Im startin to play a little more live.
                                                                    welcome i take it your the same gawa9 from 2+2 mttc ?

Comment

lol a scammer with a conscience

ul

Comment

yeh unforunate, he may still pay me back sometime I have faith! this seems like a reasonable place to introduce myself anyway sup everyone JamieCarra pointed me in the direction of this forum Im an online pro living in Belfast and Im startin to play a little more live.
                                                                        Hey Gawa9, sorry this has happened to you. Can you PM me details and times etc. I dont want this sort of thing happening to members of our site.

Oh and welcome obv!

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                          welcome i take it your the same gawa9 from 2+2 mttc ?
                                                                          Yep that's me, ty for the welcome

edit: thanks Kev will PM you shortly

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                            Asked before and couldn't do the change the IP address thingy, but still haven't watched any of The Apprentice UK yet and looking to find it online. Any other ideas how to get bbc player to work, or anywhere else to watch it?
                                                                            It's on youtube FD.

Comment

Is there a name and shame thread for scammers?

I got done out of a few $$ myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                Is there a name and shame thread for scammers?

I got done out of a few $$ myself.
                                                                                Yep in the same forum there's this thread http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...read.php?t=526

Comment

Can anyone link me to a free .mov to .avi convertor?

One without a watermark.

Comment

Anybody got a good home remedy for mouth ulcers, I've been getting them for years. I find the likes of Bonjela useless and just find putting a lump of salt on them the best way to get rid of them quickly but would like an alternative because the salt method is stupidly painfull and can't imagine it being too healthy.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Jaysus that donedeal is the business.

Stuck the TV up there at 5pm for €100 and a guy just collected it there now.

It's been on adverts.ie for six weeks.

Comment

Anybody got a good home remedy for mouth ulcers, I've been getting them for years. I find the likes of Bonjela useless and just find putting a lump of salt on them the best way to get rid of them quickly but would like an alternative because the salt method is stupidly painfull and can't imagine it being too healthy.
                                                                                        Stop giving people BJs.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                          Stop giving people BJs.
                                                                                          Did you actually find this helpful?
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Jebus, I know that was posted before but it was removed from Youtube before I got to see it - can it possibly be legit?!! No money in the world, no fame and no promise of power or women could get me to do what he did in the video, despite the fact I'm probably physically able to do so - psychologically I'd never be able to try! I had to grab onto the wall beside me for safety when he looked down... I hope the guys who do this are paid a fortune, they really need to be!

Comment

the salt isn't doing you that much damage imo unless you are using a shovel to put it in your mouth

make a solution out of it, less painful

chemists sell stuff like Bonjela but it has antiseptic or the likes in it,
                                                                                              which freezes the area and gets rid of pain quickly
                                                                                              so you don't prod at it as much
                                                                                              so don't spread it about as much

well at least thats what the advert said

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                Jebus, I know that was posted before but it was removed from Youtube before I got to see it - can it possibly be legit?!! No money in the world, no fame and no promise of power or women could get me to do what he did in the video, despite the fact I'm probably physically able to do so - psychologically I'd never be able to try! I had to grab onto the wall beside me for safety when he looked down... I hope the guys who do this are paid a fortune, they really need to be!
                                                                                                It.Keeps.On.Going.
                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Did you actually find this helpful?
                                                                                                  Well,it made the ulcers go away but I'm down almost 10 quid a week and I'm not sure if my bankroll can take the hit.

Comment

The french are fucking nuts
                                                                                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwHm4R7IkQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 28-10-10, 20:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                      Well,it made the ulcers go away but I'm down almost 10 quid a week and I'm not sure if my bankroll can take the hit.
                                                                                                      , not sure I can make such a sacrifice tbh. This banter is shocking.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Can anyone link me to a free .mov to .avi convertor?

One without a watermark.
                                                                                                        Are you a video maker, or do you just want to watch? Find the best video software for Windows, Mac, and mobile, whether you want to be the next YouTube star or just need a great media player for watching movies. These apps help you capture video, edit video, convert files, share with friends, and customize your video playback.

Not sure how good it is. I've only used it a couple of times.
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

FETAC Courses...

What are they exactly?

I had a look on their website but they are pretty vague about how good, bad or indifferent a qualification it is.

Are they worth doing if you already have a degree?

Comment

pfffftt small potatos

Dan the man
                                                                                                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCByLWtM7y4&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCByLWtM7y4&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                              FETAC Courses...

What are they exactly?

I had a look on their website but they are pretty vague about how good, bad or indifferent a qualification it is.

Depends, I know lads that did them straight out of school as a stepping stone into courses they didn't get the points for and stuff and it worked out well for some of them. What are you looking to do specifically? I might have heard something good/bad/indifferent about it. PM if you want.

If you're looking for something to improve business skills/IT/whatever as a complement to what you already have there's probably something more suitable than a FETAC, they're usually used to get into other courses or trades.
                                                                                                              Last edited by daire; 28-10-10, 20:44.

Comment

I'm prone to them myself. TCP works wonders for me.

eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                                                                                  Depends, I know lads that did them straight out of school as a stepping stone into courses they didn't get the points for and stuff and it worked out well for some of them. What are you looking to do specifically? I might have heard something good/bad/indifferent about it. PM if you want.

If you're looking for something to improve business skills/IT/whatever as a complement to what you already have there's probably something more suitable than a FETAC, they're usually used to get into other courses or trades.
                                                                                                                  I have a degree in Electronic Engineering but my experience is in a very specialised area.

I'm looking to do something in Computer Science/Software Programming to basically broaden the sort of positions I would have a chance successfully applying for.

It's pretty tough to find any decent courses tbh. I'm based in Limerick so would have thought there'd be loads of stuff in UL or LIT, but if there is I haven't found the right website

Comment

When I was kid one of the things we did was install TV Aerials to pick up BBC from the North. The average height of them was around 100 feet in our area and I was up and down them for sport. My Da would go mental if I was caught doing it but all the lads who erected them for him were always more than happy to have me running up and down to help them. The highest was one that was at least 120Ft mounted on top of Russborough House in Blessington, beautiful view but very scary and always windy up there - the signal they got off it was pure shite at the end of it all.
                                                                                                                    One thing I always remember was one guy who had been doing the aerials more or less full time for a couple of years came down one day and said, 'That's it; I'm finished climbing, I'm never doing that again'. He said he never thought a thing about it till that day and nothing in particular happened he was just up at the top and he suddenly got terrified and couldn't move for ages eventually he came down very cautiously and never went up again.
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I have a degree in Electronic Engineering but my experience is in a very specialised area.

I'm looking to do something in Computer Science/Software Programming to basically broaden the sort of positions I would have a chance successfully applying for.

It's pretty tough to find any decent courses tbh. I'm based in Limerick so would have thought there'd be loads of stuff in UL or LIT, but if there is I haven't found the right website
                                                                                                                      eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        When I was kid one of the things we did was install TV Aerials to pick up BBC from the North. The average height of them was around 100 feet in our area and I was up and down them for sport. My Da would go mental if I was caught doing it but all the lads who erected them for him were always more than happy to have me running up and down to help them. The highest was one that was at least 120Ft mounted on top of Russborough House in Blessington, beautiful view but very scary and always windy up there - the signal they got off it was pure shite at the end of it all.
                                                                                                                        One thing I always remember was one guy who had been doing the aerials more or less full time for a couple of years came down one day and said, 'That's it; I'm finished climbing, I'm never doing that again'. He said he never thought a thing about it till that day and nothing in particular happened he was just up at the top and he suddenly got terrified and couldn't move for ages eventually he came down very cautiously and never went up again.
                                                                                                                        They had TV's way back then?

Comment

FETAC Courses...

What are they exactly?

They are a national educational awarding body. They award lower level stuff which is below degree level whereas HETAC awards stuff above that outside of the university sector. Here is the national framework of qualifications: http://www.nfq.ie/nfq/en/FanDiagram/nqai_nfq_08.html

The question is what is the course you are thinking about? FETAC don't run education, they just accredit. Some courses would give you a necessary qualification for the profession such as FETAC level 5 certificate in child care. Others look like a load of bollocks.

edit: I see what you're looking for. Iraiseufold is spot on: http://www.lcfe.ie/EVENING-PROGRAMME...Beginners.aspx
                                                                                                                          Last edited by hotspur; 28-10-10, 21:09.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X