Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Most empires haven't been held together by man hugs.

Like it or not (and I don't in the current instance), Trump has clearly decided that the US will use force as and when he sees fit.
    Most empires eventually crumble . Don't have to look far. #brexcrumble

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
      And we're 6 to 1 before the game
      Great match, the best team lost. I look forward to seeing Leeds in the premiership, I think they will do well.

Comment

It is an interesting point to ponder though.

Look at the 4 main power blocs in the world - the US, the EU, China and Russia.

All with very different approaches to how they conduct their geopolitical strategy. Who's winning?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wouldn't be so sure. I think he's a guy who is very conscious of his reputation\integrity. Remember he called the Ukraine shakedown a 'drug deal'. And Trump fucked him over.
          If this was the case he would have testified at the hearings instead of threatening to mire the subpoena in legal challenges.

Since that day, everything that has happened has been something Bolton would have agreed with.

I think he's coming to bat for Trump but I hope I'm wrong.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

It is an interesting point to ponder though.

Look at the 4 main power blocs in the world - the US, the EU, China and Russia.

All with very different approaches to how they conduct their geopolitical strategy. Who's winning?
            From what standpoint?
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

This illiterate buffoon threatening to target some of the greatest monuments of human civilisation should be enough to have him taken out of action if there was a permanent government or a real adult in charge.

Profoundly depressing that he's been let away with putting it on the table.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                From what standpoint?
                There's only one standpoint. In the words of Lord Palmerstone:

Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests. We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and these interests it is our duty to follow.

Comment

If this was the case he would have testified at the hearings instead of threatening to mire the subpoena in legal challenges.

Since that day, everything that has happened has been something Bolton would have agreed with.

I think he's coming to bat for Trump but I hope I'm wrong.
                  You'll get a very clear idea from the noises Republican Senators make. Haven't heard any of them saying how wonderful it would be if Bolton could testify.

Comment

I see Larry Gogan passed away too. RIP. A nice man.

Comment

RTE wage bill is easing somewhat . RIP, a soundtrack of my youth was ol Larry asking the questions. I’m still recovering from the shock of Vincent Hanley .

A Bird with a long Neck

Naomi Campbell.

Don’t drink the Water in Montrose.

Comment

Just over 3 days to get entries in for the 2020 Multi Sport Competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          This illiterate buffoon threatening to target some of the greatest monuments of human civilisation should be enough to have him taken out of action if there was a permanent government or a real adult in charge.

Profoundly depressing that he's been let away with putting it on the table.
                          Pretty sure thats a war crime.
                          Good job US have the USPA "to protect United States military personnel and other elected and appointed officials of the United States government against criminal prosecution by an international criminal court to which the United States is not party"
                          US are bound to invade the Hague if an american is brought up before international court...
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Can't post this properly from the phone, maybe somebody can fix it, but after a bit a Nicolas Cage talk recently, this is a must watch...

Last edited by DeadParrot; 07-01-20, 11:40. Reason: fixed

Comment

Pentagon Chief of Staff has resigned.
                              Just coincidence I guess.
                              That used to be a call to have congress/senate examine actions of the executive branch but now just means the position will go to another yes man
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Lets see. I think China's economic linkages with rest of Asia and Africa will write the future not who has the biggest bomb. Fear is grand for pretending to have allegiance, not sure anything other than economics builds real lasting relationships. The formation of the EU being a prime example of that. The collapse of USSR supporting the downside of fear.
                                I agree with you somewhat in that China is pumping vast amounts of money into other Asian countries along with Africa.

But I don't look at it as a relationship as such. They are simply hoovering up strategic assets to further their own cause.

It's all very friendly now but once they have everything they need, it will most likely be a very different story.

I wouldn't trust them in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                  I agree with you somewhat in that China is pumping vast amounts of money into other Asian countries along with Africa.

But I don't look at it as a relationship as such. They are simply hoovering up strategic assets to further their own cause.

It's all very friendly now but once they have everything they need, it will most likely be a very different story.

I wouldn't trust them in the slightest.
                                  Add Australia to that list.

And you're 100% correct. China is a dictatorship and should not be trusted in any way.

Comment

Add Australia to that list.

And you're 100% correct. China is a dictatorship and should not be trusted in any way.
                                    Australia, Europe, US, and large parts of South America. It's global. I was only just referring to the two that Hitch mentioned.

They are our new overlords sadly and I think we're past the point where we can reverse it.

Comment

Can't post this properly from the phone, maybe somebody can fix it, but after a bit a Nicolas Cage talk recently, this is a must watch...

https://twitter.com/AccidentalP/stat...066040832?s=19
                                      Love me some Cager
                                      Nicolas Cage gets in the cage with Nicolas Cage (Andy Samberg) to show they've sort of perfected cloning so he can star in every movie ever made and explain ...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                        RTE wage bill is easing somewhat . ......
                                        Not if i've anything to say about it

Comment

THe Irish Times thinks data science is a buzzword.

Littered with buzzwords like ‘artificial intelligence’, ‘data science’ and disparagement of Oxbridge humanities graduates

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            As does Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_buzzwords
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Watched portrait of a lady on fire which is the latest offering from Celine Sciamma (who made girlhood a few years back, which i loved). Stunning period drama, with for all intents and purposes only 4 characters. Shot beautifully on a tiny island in Brittany (i think), it's an incredibly slow burner,very austere yet incredibly warm, but keeps drawing you in and mesmerises with its gentle sensuality.

Absolutely beautiful 9/10

Comment

I'd say it is TBH.
                                                IMO its become a fairly meaningless term that overpaid phd's who can't really code but can do a bit of SQL to make prettyprint charts that makes it appear like they are talking a good game about big data sets use to describe themselves.

Used as a self descriptor a small % are data tech's a tiny % mathematicians and the vast majority are bluffer business heads.

Comment

One for all the parents out there.....

Comment

I'd say it is TBH.
                                                    IMO its become a fairly meaningless term that overpaid phd's who can't really code but can do a bit of SQL to make prettyprint charts that makes it appear like they are talking a good game about big data sets use to describe themselves.

Used as a self descriptor a small % are data tech's a tiny % mathematicians and the vast majority are bluffer business heads.
                                                    That was my back-up career plan

Comment

Current career plan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Most empires haven't been held together by man hugs.

Like it or not (and I don't in the current instance), Trump has clearly decided that the US will use force as and when he sees fit.
                                                          No empires have been held together. Perhaps one might take that lesson and reason out that the previous methods of gunboat diplomacy et al were stupid then and they are stupid now?
                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                            No empires have been held together. Perhaps one might take that lesson and reason out that the previous methods of gunboat diplomacy et al were stupid then and they are stupid now?
                                                            The Romans got over a thousand years.

Strong nations have always bullied weaker ones to advance their interests. That is as true now as it was then. Really what we're discussing is the methods employed.
                                                            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 07-01-20, 19:19.

Comment

The Romans got over a thousand years.

Strong nations have always bullied weaker ones to advance their interests. That is as true now as it was then. Really what we're discussing is the methods employed.
                                                              Do you still think Bernie is unelectable?

Comment

Do you still think Bernie is unelectable?
                                                                It's a completely moot question as he won't win the primary but yes, absolutely unelectable.

Comment

A few here will know Vesty

Comment

the Lloyd of Montrose

Comment

BBC Earth podcast is the nuts. Just finished series 3 there, its out since before December but only catching up. You won't find a nicer way to pass half an hour.
                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Was nice knowing Iran.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                          Was nice knowing Iran.
                                                                          What happened?
                                                                          Last edited by Theresa; 07-01-20, 23:44. Reason: Oh I see.

Comment

Was nice knowing Iran.
                                                                            Round 2 started?

Comment

What happened?
                                                                              Reports that they've hit US base in Iraq with multiple missiles.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Had a good finish to the year, busy with Christmas parties and NYE etc.

A little video update,give it an aul like (if you like it), been hanging out with Baba Chimp all week, he's staying a couple of doors away with his GF and came to a gig with me, funny guy and mad as a box of frogs.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Reports that they've hit US base in Iraq with multiple missiles.
                                                                                  Seems they were careful what they hit i.e. zero casualties and no talk of escalation.

Comment

Lads looking for CV advice , dream job could be on

Kpmg hiring 800 staff.
                                                                                    I’ve already taken anything out of my cv that hints at diligence, competence and integrity. Any other tips? I guess pretending to like rugby might help?

Comment

Found the perfect opportunity for you

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                        Woke up this morning and my phone has done something wonky. Basically I've lost all of my contacts. Samsung. This happened to anybody else?
                                                                                        You might just be signed out of Google and or Samsung

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Found the perfect opportunity for you
                                                                                                Not too far off what a large insurance company suggested as starting salary when they pm'd me on Linkedin.

The disparity between salaries for those type of roles advertised as "data analyst" are incredible.
                                                                                                It is largely the reason why prior to leaving my previous role our titles were changed from Analyst to Decision Scientist

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                  Woke up this morning and my phone has done something wonky. Basically I've lost all of my contacts. Samsung. This happened to anybody else?
                                                                                                  The Gimmeabreak Blues.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    One for all the parents out there.....

Just had my 19th nervous breakdown looking at this.

Comment

Al Hadath reporting the plane was shot down by the Iranians by mistake...
                                                                                                      Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 08-01-20, 11:29.
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Have a weekend with the wife in Lyon this week. Anyone aware of that city and anything uniquely Lyonese worth doing / trying?
                                                                                                        Eat offal obvs

Comment

And all ye schmucks paying for taxis and parking at the Airport....

Comment

Have a weekend with the wife in Lyon this week. Anyone aware of that city and anything uniquely Lyonese worth doing / trying?
                                                                                                            Try a gorgonzola crepe in the medieval district.

I had one of the best meals I've ever had in a little chef parton
                                                                                                            place in Criox russe district, I'm fckd if I can find the place now...but I'm going to guess it was on or just off Rue Jean-Baptiste Say. Probably long gone now as it must be getting on for 20 years ago and every few months I say I'm deffo going back to Lyon this year but haven't managed it yet.
                                                                                                            You're not going to be short of great places to eat, lovely city to stroll around.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Seems they were careful what they hit i.e. zero casualties and no talk of escalation.
                                                                                                                    Whole escapade is a slam dunk victory for the stable genius.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                      Lads looking for CV advice , dream job could be on

Kpmg hiring 800 staff.
                                                                                                                      I’ve already taken anything out of my cv that hints at diligence, competence and integrity. Any other tips? I guess pretending to like rugby might help?
                                                                                                                      Wear shoes with your jeans
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Whole escapade is a slam dunk victory for the adult who got control of stable genius's twitter last night.
                                                                                                                        FYP

You think ignoring international law and putting a target on the head of every representative of each and every democratically elected government the US doesn't fancy is a victory? Nice thinking.

Comment

Just over 2 days to get entries in for the 2020 Multi Sport Competition.

*************

Testimonials.

It's by far the best sports competition I've played. It gives you a good interest in a lot of different sports that you probably wouldn't have any interest in, all in a good way.

You get a full years sweat out of it!

AJ's comp is the best of all these kind of things we have done here.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X