Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    I would disagree with you here on three fronts:
    1. players need to play. That's why they leave.
    2. if you want to play for Ireland...you have to be playing the big games for your province
    3. Financially, it has to be better to be a first teamer at another province than a squad player at Leinster

Although maybe you are just trolling the non-Leinster folk in which case I applaud your efforts.
    In fairness when I was a young lad if a Connacht player was at the same level was hard to get picked for Ireland. Now plenty of Connacht players got capped for Ireland Henshaw had a load of experience by the time he was 22 Aki Dillane Roux if you are good enough you will get picked. The Leinster back row is a joke the amount of talent in it I don’t know what Rys Ruddock has to do to get more caps Conan has yet to come back from injury abd with Deegan and Doris that’s 3 fine 8s. Leavy still to come back don’t forget how good he was. Probably a conveyor of 18-20 year olds on the way now as well

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      Anyone who has never seen the Nicolas Cage remake of the Wicker Man should get on it asap. Probably the greatest thing ever done, not just films.
      The bees 🐝 my eyes my eyes

Comment

We're slowly ticking off the rugby towns of France - Clermont, Perpignan, Toulouse (twice), Castres, Toulon, Marseilles and Bilbao.
        Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Lyon, Pau and Agen still on the to-do list...
        Had a look at the Top 14 and added Brive and Bayonne.

And, if they ever come good again, Oyonnax (where we were scheduled to go one year but the game was cancelled), Colomiers and Biarritz.

Maybe Shraaaap can guide as to which of these is preferred.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Surely Nicholas Cage pretending to be John Travolta pretending to be Nicholas Cage is his finest acting

Comment

Another hilarious moment animated by PaulyToon from the Joe Rogan Experience podcast #1141 with Theo Von (https://youtu.be/_Z-RdKb1TPg).http://podcasts.joero...
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The Foreigner is class A action trash.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                Uncut Gems

Ford vs ferrari

Knives out

All really enjoyable
                Peanut butter falcon also very enjoyable, think I seen Mickste post summit bout it on Twitter which was why checked it out

Comment

Cage in Adaptation and it’s not even close
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                    Was away for the Christmas there in Florida lively break heat sunshine blissful. We always park near Dcu family’s house. 4 suit cases and taxi driver is all chirpy has yee a nice holiday etc ah ya wife says the address his whole persona changes. It will be cash only I said no bother we’ve bundles. Then said he didn’t know the route wife gave him short cut she said I’ll direct you you could see steam rising out his ears. Turned up the radio didn’t say a thing obv didn’t help with bags no bother. The fare was 14.60 gave him 20 handed me the fiver bit slow with the 40 cent I just got out said you can keep it he sarcastically said are you sure I said it’s Christmas fucking prick. Be a great welcome to some tourists just into the country. In the us the tipping can be tilting say hello to someone and they want a tip. Waitresses get 2 dollars an hour why the fuck does my fish and chips still cost 20 then another 4 tip
                    I know this joy well living in Beaumont. Had no euro one morning after coming back from the US and when I was in the gaf getting some the driver popped about €2:00 in extras on the meter. Probably ended up costing him money as his tip went to zero. Nowadays I just get the bus and walk the last bit unless I've a rake of bags.

Comment

I know the fuckers wait about 2 hours in a holding pen before getting a fare. With that in mind I never understood why they didn't have some sort of valet vetting service.

There's always a stream of taxis dropping off at the airport. Why isn't there a guy there asking people at the top of the queue where they're headed. If it's within a certain radius, say 5 miles, he summons one of the drop off taxis, or else a taxi from a second, quick queue. That would mean the long queue guys always got a fare that reflected their wait time.

Seems such a simple thing to fix.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        I know the fuckers wait about 2 hours in a holding pen before getting a fare. With that in mind I never understood why they didn't have some sort of valet vetting service.

There's always a stream of taxis dropping off at the airport. Why isn't there a guy there asking people at the top of the queue where they're headed. If it's within a certain radius, say 5 miles, he summons one of the drop off taxis, or else a taxi from a second, quick queue. That would mean the long queue guys always got a fare that reflected their wait time.

Why fix it ? screw them , back in the queue , luck of the draw. If it werent profitable long term or EV+ if you will , there would be none there. Who else get to be rude and not answer for it . Sickpuppy a returning hero

anyone cop my Edward Woodward ref earlier ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                          Why fix it ? screw them , back in the queue , luck of the draw. If it werent profitable long term or EV+ if you will , there would be none there. Who else get to be rude and not answer for it . Sickpuppy a returning hero

anyone cop my Edward Woodward ref earlier ?
                          Oh yeah, fuck them. Mick is a hero.

Just can't understand how they haven't the smarts to sort it out.

Comment

They have a system whereby if a driver gets a short fare then he/she doesn't have to go back into the pen but can re-join the top queue. They get a slip of paper from the controller to allow this.
                            Possibly this fare was marginally outside the short-zone, or else he'd already decided it was his last fare of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                              I know this joy well living in Beaumont. Had no euro one morning after coming back from the US and when I was in the gaf getting some the driver popped about €2:00 in extras on the meter. Probably ended up costing him money as his tip went to zero. Nowadays I just get the bus and walk the last bit unless I've a rake of bags.
                              Ah had 4 cases airline lost our main one going over and got a heap of clothes for nephews nieces one bag weighed 76 pounds. We always round it to 20 got a lovely chap Easter was telling us about his cruise your man was a pig pure and simple. The wife is going to report him for his not pretending to know the route his aggressive attitude not sure about the cash only thing I always have cash well a few bob.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                They have a system whereby if a driver gets a short fare then he/she doesn't have to go back into the pen but can re-join the top queue. They get a slip of paper from the controller to allow this.
                                Possibly this fare was marginally outside the short-zone, or else he'd already decided it was his last fare of the night.
                                Was 8.30 this morn after 14 hours journey two flights last thing needed is the sensitivity of a driver who knows good fares come along with mediocre ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  Yeah, have heard that. Just seems very clunky. Letting the drop off non airport guys handle the loss making trips just seems a simpler option imo.

Comment

What a time to be alive

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Those DAA guys who stand there 'managing' the taxi queues are already the most incompetent individuals in employment in the country; better not try to add any complications to it.

Comment

Had a look at the Top 14 and added Brive and Bayonne.

And, if they ever come good again, Oyonnax (where we were scheduled to go one year but the game was cancelled), Colomiers and Biarritz.

Maybe Shraaaap can guide as to which of these is preferred.
                                        Bayonne and biarritz are great places to visit, never been to brive or oyonnax but neither would be high on my list of places I'd want to go to, although food in brive would be top notch.

Comment

Nice read over yer Sunday Brunches.

Comment

Half of our travelling party live there so our customary route is fly into Brussels, spend a night there and then take a TGV to our destination with much wine/cheese consumption en route. Two nights there before returning broken men.

The train journey back is usually somewhat less boisterous. Usually fuelled with equal quantities of white wine and coffee.

We're slowly ticking off the rugby towns of France - Clermont, Perpignan, Toulouse (twice), Castres, Toulon, Marseilles and Bilbao.
                                            Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Lyon, Pau and Agen still on the to-do list...
                                            Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            Bayonne and biarritz are great places to visit, never been to brive or oyonnax but neither would be high on my list of places I'd want to go to, although food in brive would be top notch.
                                            Oyonnax was more for the oddness of a rugby-playing town high up in the Jura mountains.

Comment

Nice read over yer Sunday Brunches.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...source=twitter
                                              elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC)

That always takes me back to Bill Hicks' diatribe about the Gulf War.

Remember how it started, they kept talking about "The Elite Republican Guard" in these hushed tones like these guys were the bogeymen or something?

"Yeah, we're doing well now, but we have yet to face -- The Elite Republican Guard."
                                              Like these guys were 12-feet-tall desert warriors.
                                              [Giant footstep sounds.]
                                              "Never lost a battle!"
                                              [More giant footstep sounds.]
                                              "We shit bullets!"

Yeah, well, after two months of continuous carpet-bombing and not one reaction at all from these fuckers, they became simply, "The Republican Guard." Not nearly as elite as we may have led you to believe. And after another month of bombing, they went from "The Elite Republican Guard" to "The Republican Guard" to "The Republicans made this shit up about there being guards out there!"

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                Those DAA guys who stand there 'managing' the taxi queues are already the most incompetent individuals in employment in the country; better not try to add any complications to it.
                                                I was the best that ever was, ran like clockwork in my days.

The whole system is shite. If I had my way the airport would employ the drivers, you'd pay at a booth and thered be two types of cars, one saloon with a big boot and a 7 seater/van.
                                                Last edited by eamonhonda; 05-01-20, 12:05.
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  What a time to be alive

Hope you don't think that has anything to do with Mary Lou's Sinn Fein, as Hitch will have to correct you

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                    I was the best that ever was, ran like clockwork in my days.

The whole system is shite. If I had my way the airport would employ the drivers, you'd pay at a booth and thered be two types of cars, one saloon with a big boot and a 7 seater/van.
                                                    Any tips on optimal arrival time for the 12:35 to SFO?

Comment

Any tips on optimal arrival time for the 12:35 to SFO?
                                                      Not really I'm nowhere close to operation these days to know well. Although that would be peak time for CBP, i wouldn't be arriving to airport later than 10am if it was me.
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          jaysus. Is it just so popular that they can't meet demand? Seems ferocious to have to turn up for a flight that early. Not helped by the fact that most US flights seem to both arrive and leave at the same time.
                                                          No, I am guessing he is saying that due to US pre clearance
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

This is pretty nuts if true. Am unable to find something verified though.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                              This is pretty nuts if true. Am unable to find something verified though.

https://twitter.com/janearraf/status...23941321592834
                                                              Even if is true, it'll be 'he said, she said'.

To be honest if it was true, I'd expect Iran to have been shouting it from the rooftops 5 mins after.

Comment

jaysus. Is it just so popular that they can't meet demand? Seems ferocious to have to turn up for a flight that early. Not helped by the fact that most US flights seem to both arrive and leave at the same time.
                                                                Pretty much always struggled to keep up with the level of growth.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Anyone rent cars regularly in the US? I'm going to Florida at the end of the month and have a car booked with Alamo for 2 days before a cruise and was looking into a one-way rental for 5 days after it. Checked Alamo reviews whilst browsing and they're pretty terrible. Have no deposit or anything with Alamo. Then I checked Hertz, Sixt and Enterprise and all have shit reviews. If someone used a company and was happy I'll just go with them and be very wary of smallprint. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                    Anyone rent cars regularly in the US? I'm going to Florida at the end of the month and have a car booked with Alamo for 2 days before a cruise and was looking into a one-way rental for 5 days after it. Checked Alamo reviews whilst browsing and they're pretty terrible. Have no deposit or anything with Alamo. Then I checked Hertz, Sixt and Enterprise and all have shit reviews. If someone used a company and was happy I'll just go with them and be very wary of smallprint. Thanks.
                                                                    When I was in LA I used Avis and Enterprise all the time and never had any issues.

Of the two, I found Avis cars to be better quality.
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                      Hi used Alamo found them the finest had the car for 12 days a Dodge Charger was very comfy big same car as lots of the state troopers had.

Comment

Been a while since Luke Schwarz went on a mad one on Twitter. Must be smoking something tonight

Comment

Guess he got what we wanted anyway!

Comment

What does Khan Academy do that's so revolutionary? It's a person explaining concepts, just like school. The concepts don't change. It's hard, it requires some blood, sweat, and tears to understand. Gamification doesn't change that.
                                                                            Sorry for the very late post, but I've been thinking about this, it bothered me that I didn't explain myself properly.

This guy actually explains it properly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vJRopau0g0)

Cliff notes:
                                                                            How you frame learning hugely affects the likely outcome - in the case of Maths for children the framing is probably more important than the subject matter itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                              Anybody with any experience of travelling a dog back from UK to Ireland? I am looking at buying a pup in the UK so I was going to drive over and bring it back as it suits me to drive as I've 3 other places to call to on business when there. I presume so long as you are not evidently a puppy farm that there is little issue bringing a dog on the boat? I obv won't have a pet passport.

I also have the option of a pet transporter at £450 (or £300 when they have a few dogs together).
                                                                              i don't think you can until he is microchipped and has a passport. in any event, get a rescue pup!!

Comment

On Taxi drivers, I have zero sympathy for them.

When I lived in Coolock, I'd always get a taxi to/from the airport. Going to was fine as I'd book it with a local cab company and they had no problem with the fare but coming back was always met with sighs, grunts and moans at only getting a 15 - 18 euro fare (depending on traffic). One lad even asked me did I not have anybody at home to collect me rather than putting him out. I told him I did but prefered to wind up taxi drivers. Shut him up for the rest of the fairly short tip.

I'm also not happy at what seems to be a new trend whereby when you tell a taxi driver where you want to go, they ask you what way do you want to go? Eh, I want to go the most direct route and I expect you to know what that is.

The last taxi I got (last Friday) was going from Ranelagh to the Liffey end of Capel St and I had to tell the driver 3 times, he was going the wrong way. When we got onto the Northside of the quays, he asked where he should stop. I told him just at the corner of Capel St so was surprised when he indicated to go into the outside lane and started to speed up. When I told him we were at Capel St, he swerved in and said 'Oh, this Capel St, I was going to the other one, further down'

Now, I generally drive to/from the airport unless I am going away on something like a stag where I'll be drunk. Blue car park this week from Saturday AM to Sunday AM was only 36 euro. Taxi fare to from Ranelagh would be about 70 quid. Even if I was still in Coolock, I'd still pay for the parking rather than listen to them moan.

Comment

Fuck taxi drivers generally.

Comment

Ricky Gervais doing his thing....

Comment

Can't find the tweet so paraphrasing but paying a multi millionaire to use a public platform to preach about other multi millionaires using public platforms to preach about things really isn't "destroying" anything or anyone.

Comment

Hadn't heard of this till now Dublin talking Statues

Comment

Even if is true, it'll be 'he said, she said'.

To be honest if it was true, I'd expect Iran to have been shouting it from the rooftops 5 mins after.
                                                                                          Pretty obvious the seeds for the US as an occupying force narrative has been set.
                                                                                          Stating that cultural sites are fair game too....
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Bolton wanting to testify is such an unknown.

It could go both ways. He’s a dyed in the wool warmonger. (if I read another fucking article where he is called a “hawk”, I’ll off myself)

Interesting timing to announce it after the assassination he’s been wanting for so long.

I reckon he’s 100% on trump/republicans side so him testifying is more obfuscation and bullshit. Dangerous game. Will take a very competent counsel to get what they need out of him for the Dems.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Where is the US hoping to get its future support from if its going around bullying everyone? A 'superpower' is as much designated as it appoints itself. Can't imagine any where in Africa or most of Asia really thinks of US as a reliable superpower and that's where the majority of the world will be living.
                                                                                                Fear >>>> respect

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Fear >>>> respect
                                                                                                      Fear feeds hate . Hate is not respect , it's a ticking time bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                        Anybody with any experience of travelling a dog back from UK to Ireland? I am looking at buying a pup in the UK so I was going to drive over and bring it back as it suits me to drive as I've 3 other places to call to on business when there. I presume so long as you are not evidently a puppy farm that there is little issue bringing a dog on the boat? I obv won't have a pet passport.

I also have the option of a pet transporter at £450 (or £300 when they have a few dogs together).
                                                                                                        Have done it. Nobody asks any questions on the Ferry. Doesn't mean anything obviously though.

Have always had pet passport, but have never shown it.

Dog stays in the car on the ferry, or else you can lock it into one of the kennels but can't visit during crossing. We left ours in the car and she slept fine.

Ferry is ~ £300 at best most times, so that pet transporter doesn't sound horrific.

Comment

Fear feeds hate . Hate is not respect , it's a ticking time bomb.
                                                                                                          Fear leads to panic, panic leads to pain
                                                                                                          Pain leads to anger, anger leads to hate.

'Danny Nedelko' from 'Joy as an Act of Resistance.' out now on Partisan Records. Listen/Purchase here https://IDLES.lnk.to/joyGet Danny's No One Is An Islan...

Comment

The Arsenal Leeds match is great. 00 At half time, Marco Bielsa's Leeds are a joy to watch and have been much better than Arsenal.

Comment

One for you cynics to dissect. Sorry US cynics .

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                The Arsenal Leeds match is great. 00 At half time, Marco Bielsa's Leeds are a joy to watch and have been much better than Arsenal.
                                                                                                                And we're 6 to 1 before the game

Comment

Xakha, Kola, Holding, Danny Murphy and whoever explained the offside rule to Leeds.

All people stealing a living!

Comment

Lets see. I think China's economic linkages with rest of Asia and Africa will write the future not who has the biggest bomb.
                                                                                                                    Tell that to the Uighurs. Over a million of them in concentration camps now.

Fear is grand for pretending to have allegiance, not sure anything other than economics builds real lasting relationships. The formation of the EU being a prime example of that.
                                                                                                                    The EU is just about to bid farewell to its second biggest member.

The collapse of USSR supporting the downside of fear.
                                                                                                                    The ascension of Russia to the leading power in the Middle East being the upside of fear and hard power projection. They're just better at murdering people than the Americans (and aren't held back by any wussy democratic principles or media oversight).

(and I though Denny Crane would back me up here but he seems to asleep on the job )

Comment

Fear >>>> respect
                                                                                                                      Depends on the circumstances. In this case you’re dead wrong.
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                        Bolton wanting to testify is such an unknown.

It could go both ways. He’s a dyed in the wool warmonger. (if I read another fucking article where he is called a “hawk”, I’ll off myself)

Interesting timing to announce it after the assassination he’s been wanting for so long.

I reckon he’s 100% on trump/republicans side so him testifying is more obfuscation and bullshit. Dangerous game. Will take a very competent counsel to get what they need out of him for the Dems.
                                                                                                                        Wouldn't be so sure. I think he's a guy who is very conscious of his reputation\integrity. Remember he called the Ukraine shakedown a 'drug deal'. And Trump fucked him over.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                          Depends on the circumstances. In this case you’re dead wrong.
                                                                                                                          Most empires haven't been held together by man hugs.

Like it or not (and I don't in the current instance), Trump has clearly decided that the US will use force as and when he sees fit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X