Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    Everyone take the fam to mama mia in cinema was fucking brill. I was nearly clapping at the end lol good few singing away at it too. Great movie.
    Did you go on the wrong site by mistake again?

is over there

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Parma's new 3rd kit

SPOILER
      Fat lads need not apply

Comment

@luckforsome - It's 15 years ago but I pretty much did your trip in reverse and took a month to do it. Vietnam is savage and Hoi An was my favourite place in all of South East Asia.

In other news, got back from the festival last night to our hotel and neither room key would work so I went back down to reception to sort it out. On the way back up, I just got back into the lift when several people from a hen party jumped in. They then held the lift for the rest of the party to jump in for a total of about 12 young American chicks (the rooftop bar on our hotel is pretty popular at the weekends). Just me and the dozen of them.

It was like they had a prepared script for every bloke they met on the night out.

Them : Are you a patriots fan?
        Me : No
        Them : Are you from Boston?
        Them : Are you from Massachusetts?
        Them: Are you from the lower east side?
        Them : Are you from New York?
        Them: Can you do an Irish jig?
        Me : Yes
        Them: Did you just say yes as you were tired of saying no?
        Them : OMG, how can you do an Irish jig?
        Me : Beacause I'm Irish

At this point, this was shrieks and squeals and screams as they had to alert the Bride to be that I was Irish.

Bride to be : Do you know Gaelic?
        BTB : I mean Gaelic sport?
        BTB : Where are you from in Ireland?
        Me : Dublin
        BTB : I'm sorry, I can't like you. I'm Mayo, my dad is Mayo, we are Mayo so I can't like you.

Lots of hens chiming in : Brittany, that's not nice. He seems so nice. He answered all our questions. He's Irish.

BTB : No, he gets it, he knows Gaelic, he knows I can't like him, you know I'm right, right?

Me : Yes, I know

BTB: You see, he knows, he's Irish and he knows Gaelic, he knows Mayo.

Longest lift journey of my life, ever.

Comment

Pics or GTF... actually, probably better if you don't!
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Well Lazare, I hope you haven’t climbed the flagpole in the local garage in Newcastle to remove the Papal flag flying proudly. They are not very Christian in there anyway, a pack of biscuits and a roll of bin bags eating up over a tenner. Should be the PayPal flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
              Well Lazare, I hope you haven’t climbed the flagpole in the local garage in Newcastle to remove the Papal flag flying proudly. They are not very Christian in there anyway, a pack of biscuits and a roll of bin bags eating up over a tenner. Should be the PayPal flag.
              Hadn't seen it. I'll let my displeasure be known. That oul wan Dora would be the type alright, she used to have a holy mary water bottle at the lotto checker.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Anyone had experience of travelling in late pregnancy ? The rules for travelling in seem to be a bit inconsistent.
                Journey would be London to Dublin at Christmas flying one way on the cusp of week 36 and back at latest during week 38.
                Ryanair allow boarding up until the end of week 36 with a cert but AerLingus are no fly from start of week 34
                Ferry would be an option but in the depths of winter a long drive or train and even a fast sailing might be very uncomfortable. In any case Irish Ferries are saying no travel after 32 weeks and Stena say no restriction but check with your insurance company before travelling.

So in theory we could arrange an Ryanair over and a Stena back.
                What are the practicalities like, at the moment she would really like to travel but by the time it comes around maybe it will be just too much ?
                Is it all a bit OTT restrictive or are the rules sensible?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Hadn't seen it. I'll let my displeasure be known. That oul wan Dora would be the type alright, she used to have a holy mary water bottle at the lotto checker.
                  Ol Dora made the 6.01 News sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Anyone had experience of travelling in late pregnancy ? The rules for travelling in seem to be a bit inconsistent.
                    Journey would be London to Dublin at Christmas flying one way on the cusp of week 36 and back at latest during week 38.
                    Ryanair allow boarding up until the end of week 36 with a cert but AerLingus are no fly from start of week 34
                    Ferry would be an option but in the depths of winter a long drive or train and even a fast sailing might be very uncomfortable. In any case Irish Ferries are saying no travel after 32 weeks and Stena say no restriction but check with your insurance company before travelling.

What are the practicalities like, at the moment she would really like to travel but by the time it comes around maybe it will be just too much ?
                    Grandpa?

Comment

ooohhhhh...

A comedy from Sacha Baron Cohen.All Episodes Available Now, only on SHOWTIME.#WhoIsAmerica Learn More About WHO IS AMERICA? https://s.sho.com/2JuGkPHSubscrib...

Comment

Congratulations.

That 'I really would like to travel' notion will turn into 'I really don't want to travel anywhere' as the day draws nearer. Don't bother and just go over to visit in Jan.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hurt my baby toe at training. Was sticking out kinda sideways. It's either broken, or the ligaments are gone. I'm guessing a break is preferred option. Balls anyway.
                          Last edited by Mellor; 30-07-18, 13:38.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Congratulations.
                              Thanks, its a very different vibe from having our own, much more exciting and much more nervousness.
                              Congratulations.

That 'I really would like to travel' notion will turn into 'I really don't want to travel anywhere' as the day draws nearer. Don't bother and just go over to visit in Jan.
                              That's what I'm expecting to happen but for the moment we'll try to keep the options open. So far most of the women I've asked prefer the ferry as long as there is someone else along to do all the carrying etc.
                              There will be plenty of time afterwards, the timing is just that little bit off with Christmas but it is what it is.

Originally posted by MukeBullocks
                              https://youtu.be/6KJGJRd8pGE
                              The difference between you and me is that when I'm out and about with the baby and all the yummies are trying to figure out if I'm the daddy or the grandad I won't be mostly disappointed

Comment

Thanks, its a very different vibe from having our own, much more exciting and much more nervousness.

That's what I'm expecting to happen but for the moment we'll try to keep the options open. So far most of the women I've asked prefer the ferry as long as there is someone else along to do all the carrying etc.
                                There will be plenty of time afterwards, the timing is just that little bit off with Christmas but it is what it is.

The difference between you and me is that when I'm out and about with the baby and all the yummies are trying to figure out if I'm the daddy or the grandad I won't be mostly disappointed
                                Your disappointment lies elsewhere. London bridge is falling down , falling down

Comment

Clive Dunne was only 51 in that vid. Wtf.

Congrats Strewelgranpa

Comment

Slightly surprised Jennies Jewel not revealed as the expectant mother.

Comment

Congrats Tony
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Slightly surprised Jennies Jewel not revealed as the expectant mother.
                                        She's on her second, her first has been quite the adventure so far, certainly not the Walk In The Park that might have been expected
                                        Its a long story best kept for another occasion and when the whole thing plays out, I suppose its a version of the story that has often been told about the farmer with one cow

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          Russians
                                          Never met any Russians
                                          Never spoke to any Russians
                                          Never had any formal meetings with Russians
                                          Never spoke about the election
                                          Never discussed help in the election
                                          Never actually asked for help in the election
                                          They asked for help but it was a waste of time
                                          NO COLLUSION!!! <<<<< We are here
                                          Ok they colluded, but it didnt really matter
                                          Ok they colluded, it helped swing it, but what are you going to do about it?
                                          Is collusion even a crime?

Looks like we might be moving the needle again
                                          President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani said in a pair of interviews on Monday morning that he was at a loss for how colluding with Russians would be categorized as a crime and that the president did not "pay them for hacking," which he said was the real offense.

President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani said in a pair of Monday morning interviews that he was at a loss for how colluding with the Russians would be categorized as a crime. Instead, he shifted the conversation by noting that the president did not "pay them for hacking," which he said was the real offense.

Speaking with the "Fox and Friends" morning show, Giuliani said he has "been sitting here looking in the federal code trying to find collusion as a crime."

"Collusion is not a crime," he said, adding the the president is "absolutely innocent."
                                          the needle moves quickly
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            It looks like they are in a death spiral now honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                              It looks like they are in a death spiral now honestly.
                                              Collusion can be a crime tho

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                Collusion can be a crime tho
                                                I prefer 'treason'.

Comment

Comment

Kitt blamed Fine Gael who he said are “failing this city and its people massively. And Dublin’s heart and soul is being ripped out and sold to the highest bidder.”
                                                    LMAO thats some quote from a lad who was reared in a style to which he is, apparently, no longer accustomed to in a family who prospered at the heart the most corrupt crowd of gangsters that ever got their hands on this country, the consequences of whom remain directly the cause of the housing issues in Dublin

I heard him on the radio recently and thought he sounded better than he used to and was showing signs of maturing into an interesting performer.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                      ...This is 100% being avoided so, based on you, New Approach and other people ho are not as important...What would you recommend in place of it, and will it fit into my current itinerary?...Like if you want to just plan my trip, by all means ...

...Edit to add-- Fro day 4, I had seen a place called Mekong Delta, so I could do another day in Ho Chi Minh City if this is a good place and within distance...Should also add, i'm traveling alone for the couple of weeks and will be doing hotels instead of hostels...
                                                      Why are you choosing hotels over hostels?

I spent a year in North Vietnam but travelled up and down a few times. The crew I used to work for run a very good hostel to be fair to them and they've set up a few places throughout the country now.

They have hostels in all the bigger places. Ninh Binh is their new one and its meant to be very good. You can get private rooms in the hostel which is basically a hotel with all the banter. The hostel in Downtown Hanoi, 9 Ma May is quality. Sickpuppy stayed there he can give you an objective view.

Re tours:

Halong bay is brilliant. The tour you choose will have a big effect on the enjoyment though. Try do one with a youngerish crowd and some activities. There are some really cool caves and places to kayak around, some awesome little fishing villages to visit and drink beer on a raft. If you get on an older one its all wine and wow from the boat. Pictures and peace signs. No banter that.

Cat Ba, which is an island off the north coast, near Hai Phong has some sick places to do rock climbing, there is a company there called Slo Pony that runs tours in Ha Long and Lan Ha bay. You can do deep water soloing there too. They drop you off on a ledge, you climb as high as you jump out into the water when you can get any higher. Good lol.

Try get to Sa Pa and Mai Chau both pretty cool. Both are a lot quieter than a lot of places you'd visit and you can do pretty cool homestays there. Its good craic getting ratarsed wth a pair of oul vietnamese who have no idea what you are saying.

Id highly recommend biking up the country. You'd get a honda win for 2-300 dollars in Ho Chi and sell it in Hanoi. Mosey on up then. You'll never be stuck if it breaks down, people be falling over themselves to help you for a few dong. I've never bussed or cabbed so I cant comment but most hotels or hostels organize that pretty easy for you.
                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        Did it ever occur to you that maybe he just grew up doing his own thing. Arty, followed his musical desires, knew fuck all about politics and cared less. Perhaps hoping to grow up as David Kitt, musician. Not David Kitt, son of. Recognised as one, not "tarred" as another. His own man. Perhaps?
                                                        Indeed, thats what I used to think until I hear him whinging that because of Fine Geal he can't afford to live in a city whose property market was in reality destroyed by the party his family represent.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he's fed up of of his career and fancying a job change into the family business, after all he does have that all important political family name recognition... odd isn't it that he's one of the very few artists of his generation chose to use his family name and not a band brand moniker

Comment

Indeed, thats what I used to think until I hear him whinging that because of Fine Geal he can't afford to live in a city whose property market was in reality destroyed by the party his family represent.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he's fed up of of his career and fancying a job change into the family business, after all he does have that all important political family name recognition... odd isn't it that he's one of the very few artists of his generation chose to use his family name and not a band brand moniker
                                                          Did it ever occur to you that Kitt is a very apt name for a musician

Comment

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he just grew up doing his own thing. Arty, followed his musical desires, knew fuck all about politics and cared less. Perhaps hoping to grow up as David Kitt, musician. Not David Kitt, son of. Recognised as one, not "tarred" as another. His own man. Perhaps?
                                                            He blames Fine Gael now for repeating the mistakes of the Celtic Tiger. That's curious phrasing and reminiscent of FF distancing themselves from the crash with 'the whole country partied' comments.
                                                            Then he refers to his father as being 'someone who often sang from a different hymn-sheet within Fianna Fail'. I know nothing much about Tom Kitt but 5 junior ministries over 20 years indicates either a loyalist/conformist or potentially a maverick if he hails from a key regional constituency (but Dublin South doesn't really fit that bill).
                                                            So not really a lot in that one article to build a case for him.

Comment

Ligaments. Bollox anyway.
                                                              It's not going to be dehabilitating in any way. But if they're ruptured they may or may not heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                Why are you choosing hotels over hostels?

I spent a year in North Vietnam but travelled up and down a few times. The crew I used to work for run a very good hostel to be fair to them and they've set up a few places throughout the country now.

They have hostels in all the bigger places. Ninh Binh is their new one and its meant to be very good. You can get private rooms in the hostel which is basically a hotel with all the banter. The hostel in Downtown Hanoi, 9 Ma May is quality. Sickpuppy stayed there he can give you an objective view.

Re tours:

Halong bay is brilliant. The tour you choose will have a big effect on the enjoyment though. Try do one with a youngerish crowd and some activities. There are some really cool caves and places to kayak around, some awesome little fishing villages to visit and drink beer on a raft. If you get on an older one its all wine and wow from the boat. Pictures and peace signs. No banter that.

Cat Ba, which is an island off the north coast, near Hai Phong has some sick places to do rock climbing, there is a company there called Slo Pony that runs tours in Ha Long and Lan Ha bay. You can do deep water soloing there too. They drop you off on a ledge, you climb as high as you jump out into the water when you can get any higher. Good lol.

Try get to Sa Pa and Mai Chau both pretty cool. Both are a lot quieter than a lot of places you'd visit and you can do pretty cool homestays there. Its good craic getting ratarsed wth a pair of oul vietnamese who have no idea what you are saying.

Id highly recommend biking up the country. You'd get a honda win for 2-300 dollars in Ho Chi and sell it in Hanoi. Mosey on up then. You'll never be stuck if it breaks down, people be falling over themselves to help you for a few dong. I've never bussed or cabbed so I cant comment but most hotels or hostels organize that pretty easy for you.
                                                                ...Gave this a quick read and screenshot it...Will be booking flights soon, then will come back and dissect this post!!!...Thank you, and thanks in advance sickpuppy even though you don't know yet...
                                                                ...Edit to add- Reason I'm planning hotels over hostels is purely comfortable/awkwardness purposes...I don't always do good in company I'm not sure of, and extremely conscious I'd struggle in a hostel...I'm aware I'm sacrificing the banter and craic, and hoping to still find away of having the best of both worlds kinda thing...Your suggestion of a private hostel thing is absolutely quality, and will defintely look into it...
                                                                Last edited by luckforsome; 30-07-18, 23:52.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Bear in mind also that there's a huge number of homes coming on stream over next two/three years, directly as a result of Eoghan Murphy changing the planning system to bypass local authorities for major developments (has knocked about 12 months off planning wait). And blaming FG for the collapse of the building sector during the crisis is a bit mad. Takes a while to rebuild an entire sector.

The underlying economics would have rebuilt the sector anyway, but FG seem to have speeded it up.
                                                                    Too much money and not enough builders could lead to another disaster.
                                                                    The vast majority of the money being invested in residential in Dublin is international finance pulling out of retail and whatever the Fintard groupthink dictated was going to tick upwards forever a few years ago. The moment the stock markets take their inevitable dive and they have to pay the piper then Allsops will be back flogging them for ten a penny.
                                                                    If we don't get the scheduled projects built and occupied before the crash then it will look similar to 2009 with half built projects and no money to finish them.

Comment

The vast majority of the money being invested in residential in Dublin is international finance pulling out of retail and whatever the Fintard groupthink dictated was going to tick upwards forever a few years ago. The moment the stock markets take their inevitable dive and they have to pay the piper then Allsops will be back flogging them for ten a penny.
                                                                      If we don't get the scheduled projects built and occupied before the crash then it will look similar to 2009 with half built projects and no money to finish them.
                                                                      We have a completely different debt dynamic this time.

Comment

He was pretty much always thought of in my mind as such until this article where he blames FG for Daddies mates fuck up and comes across as a crony

So now I think he is either has zero self awareness or is a spoilt idiot child playing around till he gets daddies money (which is fine until he starts writing back door FF hatchet jobs)

** TBH by tomorrow I will probably think about him as much as usual, which will be about once every two years when I see his name somewhere

Btw I'm somewhat in the same boat, as any thought of moving back to Dublin was quickly pushed out of my head by the realities of the market

Bear in mind also that there's a huge number of homes coming on stream over next two/three years, directly as a result of Eoghan Murphy changing the planning system to bypass local authorities for major developments (has knocked about 12 months off planning wait). And blaming FG for the collapse of the building sector during the crisis is a bit mad. Takes a while to rebuild an entire sector.

The underlying economics would have rebuilt the sector anyway, but FG seem to have speeded it up.

Awful lot of Irish builders living in England since the crash, not to mention those who went bankrupt or retired.

Not sure how many young fellas took up the trades to fill the gap

With the fear of Brexit in the air, maybe we should try and get some home along with some English/Polish lads?
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 31-07-18, 09:35. Reason: **

Comment

with all this talk of houses, urgh, it's official. we are house hunting. prices are jumping around quite a bit so low ball offers are de rigueur!!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                            with all this talk of houses, urgh, it's official. we are house hunting. prices are jumping around quite a bit so low ball offers are de rigueur!!
                                                                            In London? Ballsy move if so.

Would you not wait to see how Brexipocalypse plays out?

Comment

We have a completely different debt dynamic this time.
                                                                              That's what I'm saying, maybe it is just different type of debt will create a different type of problem but this money is leveraged from an irrational stock market just as insane an as a taxi driver with a dozen properties on interest only.

Comment

He is going to need somewhere to store all the baked beans and dried milk so has to buy now

Comment

we're just in the initial stages, so doubtful anything will go through before brexit.

As there's a lot of confusion and uncertainty, there are starting to be some good deals already, and people are lowering prices incredibly quickly, an looking for a quick sale. If we can get a good deal, get a bigger and nicer place than what we have now and pay the same amount we are currently paying on rent, then it starts to make sense for us.

Comment

Meanwhile in London, this shit still happening:

James O'Brien's Fury As Caller Tells Him Of Social Cleansing In London James O'Brien declared, "I don't understand how this is happening in my country and no...

Comment

we're just in the initial stages, so doubtful anything will go through before brexit.

As there's a lot of confusion and uncertainty, there are starting to be some good deals already, and people are lowering prices incredibly quickly, an looking for a quick sale. If we can get a good deal, get a bigger and nicer place than what we have now and pay the same amount we are currently paying on rent, then it starts to make sense for us.
                                                                                      I wouldn't be locking myself into a commitment for the rest of my working life at this point!

Good luck though. I'll buy your gaff with my spare change when the Brexit zombies are roaming the streets and eating your brains.

Comment

WTF are we going to do if Brexit turns out through a series of unintended consequences to be a tremendous success for the thickos promoting it and its only us who end up in the shitter over it ?

Comment

I wouldn't be locking myself into a commitment for the rest of my working life at this point!

Good luck though. I'll buy your gaff with my spare change when the Brexit zombies are roaming the streets and eating your brains.
                                                                                          Jaysus I’m not so sure I’d be shooting my mouth off sitting in Dublin. We’re very exposed if Brexit goes really badly and a few back office fund admin jobs relocating here from London aren’t going to save us. A lot more votes in jacking up taxes to support the rural community that will get a severe kicking with a hard or no deal Brexit imo.

There was an interesting article in finance news the other day referring to a grandee committee of the city and they seemed to think it is a lock that Teresa May doesn’t survive until March 2019. Not only do they think it but CEOs of large financial institutions were saying it on the record. Wargaming what that means for the sort of fall over the line Brexit that ends up happening is sobering.

Very hard Brexit or no deal Brexit or else a Labour govt and a short extension to the negotiating period. All of which have to mean a severe UK recession and throw in one for us as well.

I presume you are sitting on a cash pile waiting to pounce on the inevitable value that’s going to arise in Clontarf and not worrying about Shrap in London.
                                                                                          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 31-07-18, 11:13.
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

WTF are we going to do if Brexit turns out through a series of unintended consequences to be a tremendous success for the thickos promoting it and its only us who end up in the shitter over it ?
                                                                                            I can’t see how it will be a tremendous success in any medium term timeline. Over the very long run deregulation and being able to act nimbly might really get the UK into a decent place but only after the ordinary peeps have been completely fucked. I think if that happens it’ll force the EU to get their shit together a bit which has to be a good thing but by that stage anything could have happened. For at least 5 years and more likely 10+ years this is only lose lose.

Time to start applying to Trump for a visa Tony.
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I dont see how it possibly could be.
                                                                                              The fact that leavers are invoking Big Sandwich as potential fear mongers shows how far down the rabbit hole they are

SPOILER

British medical association have released their findings on Brexit impact on healthcare
                                                                                              spoiler: it's bad
                                                                                              British Medical Association says failing to give patients an informed decision on their care would see doctors being struck off as study reveals widespread concern about harm to NHS from bad deal

Add in the fact that Dover continues to be a nightmare

They are fuuuuuuuccckkked

What I had thought possible was a 2nd referendum.
                                                                                              But if so, who leads it?
                                                                                              May obviously cannot, she's tied herself to the leave mast and would have serious trouble explaining the sudden about dace. It's obvious she doesnt like the leave option but she's tied her political life to it.
                                                                                              Corbyn I can't see doing it as he's pretty anti EU himself. Considering his latest issues with semitism he has no problem hurting the party for his causes.
                                                                                              Given the heads of both parties can't head it up, the option left are GE for leadership where tories scrap over the line then another one in 18 months to leave the mess in labours hands
                                                                                              or, and I'm pretty sure they are ALL funking for this, big incorrigible evidence that the leave campaign cheated and/or had Russia leading a hand. That way everyone including the EU gets to save face by declaring the result null and void.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

As big a recession as the UK may experience for 5 or 10 years, London weathers it much better than the rest of the UK generally. IMO, once the uncertainty and the ugliness of brexit is over, then London will start looking attractive again for a lot of people. market is heading south but it'll look more like a correction than a crash. Impossible to tell, so it's all just guesswork at this stage.

Comment

As big a recession as the UK may experience for 5 or 10 years, London weathers it much better than the rest of the UK generally. IMO, once the uncertainty and the ugliness of brexit is over, then London will start looking attractive again for a lot of people. market is heading south but it'll look more like a correction than a crash. Impossible to tell, so it's all just guesswork at this stage.
                                                                                                  In general I agree but the impact on financial services could be huge and that impact is unquantifiable on London. If everyone fucks off to follow their well paid job to Frankfurt or Paris etc how quickly will London bounce back? Quite the wall of foreign money propping up London but how does that look if things go a bit squiffy?

When the law firms can’t sell services and the money managers need to be based elsewhere it all gets a bit tricky...At this stage the only certainty is that the frictionless trade in services and the ability to attract european talent is severely curtailed so what does that mean for London? Singapore on Thames will take quite some structural and huge changes as well and several years to bear fruit.

And that’s without a socialist govt running the shop. I’m hoping it’ll be a relatively minor derailment but given the series of poor decisions and in fighting that has happened since 23rd of June 2016 assuming it’ll all be fine in a year or two looks decidedly optimistic when previously it was more a middle of the road reasonable view.

At least you’ll have your passport and sterling debt Shrap!
                                                                                                  Last edited by V for Vendetta; 31-07-18, 11:51.

Comment

new trailer
                                                                                                    The world has enough superheroes. Watch the new #Venom trailer now. 10.5.18.One of Marvel's most enigmatic, complex and badass characters comes to the big sc...

Comment

personally, can't wait for this documentary. this man is a legend

Teaser trailer for our film, which is officially selected and premiering at Tribeca Film Festival 2018.Like most boys around the world, Carlos Henrique Rapos...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah the type of jobs we'll get are very different to the ones that will be lost. There's so little effort to really market Irish agri on the continent. Like you'd go through a giant hypermarket here and not see a single Irish agri product.

The Irish gov running a budget deficit due to paying ridic wage increases to public sector is madness. Also they seem to have stopped all attempts at reform - property tax stalled, cutting USC which was a decent attempt at making sure everyone paid at least something, and no institutional reform (like the obvious ideas of merging revenue + social welfare, getting rid of semi states).
                                                                                                            That's what The Great Irish Voting Public demand!

Remember water charges?

Comment

That's what The Great Irish Voting Public demand!

Remember water charges?
                                                                                                              IIRC before the last election Fine Gael were the only party to suggest cutting USC and they got pasted. There was a strong sentiment around keeping it for the reason Hitch suggested, i.e. that it was a way in which everyone contributed some bit.

Most people seem to agree that the marginal rate is the place to make adjustments if anywhere. A lot of people also seem happy enough with the idea of paying chunky amounts of tax if we could get value for the money in terms of services.

I'm pretty sure Fine Gael's polling strengthened considerably in the 12 months since they said they were no longer planning to abolish USC. Honestly I see very little commentary anywhere clamouring for it to be cut.

Comment

Just catching up on the BBV. Can't help but feel that between discussing David Kitt and his Dad, his main point was totally overlooked. Taking out the blame bit, he has a point. Large chunks of creativity are being lost in the city and if prices and policy keep going in the direction that they are, it will get even worse.

Off the top of my head, we've lost the following creative spaces in the last few years which is a shame. I'm sure there are more.

Exchange
                                                                                                                Mabo's (now Air BnB HQ)
                                                                                                                Joinery
                                                                                                                Moxie
                                                                                                                Monster Truck
                                                                                                                The Factory

I've no clue of David Kitt's personal life or political beliefs (and don't really care) but one thing that always bugged me was that he wasn't more successful than he was. He's a fantastic musician IMO and he still has one of my all time favourite lines in a song.

The song is 'Say No More' and it's from his 2006 album Not Fade Away. It's 7 simple words that creates such a vivid tapestry of images which for me is what every good song writer should be able to do

'Got whiskey drunk, got into a fight'

Comment

Spot on Lao Lao, the issue is still real whether or not hes a hypocrite
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                    Just catching up on the BBV. Can't help but feel that between discussing David Kitt and his Dad, his main point was totally overlooked. Taking out the blame bit, he has a point. Large chunks of creativity are being lost in the city and if prices and policy keep going in the direction that they are, it will get even worse.

Off the top of my head, we've lost the following creative spaces in the last few years which is a shame. I'm sure there are more.

Exchange
                                                                                                                    Mabo's (now Air BnB HQ)
                                                                                                                    Joinery
                                                                                                                    Moxie
                                                                                                                    Monster Truck
                                                                                                                    The Factory

I've no clue of David Kitt's personal life or political beliefs (and don't really care) but one thing that always bugged me was that he wasn't more successful than he was. He's a fantastic musician IMO and he still has one of my all time favourite lines in a song.

The song is 'Say No More' and it's from his 2006 album Not Fade Away. It's 7 simple words that creates such a vivid tapestry of images which for me is what every good song writer should be able to do

'Got whiskey drunk, got into a fight'

Surprised such standard country lyrics evoked such a reaction tbh. The rest of your post is fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                      [/B]

Surprised such standard country lyrics evoked such a reaction tbh. The rest of your post is fair enough
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The voice of that narrator in the Shergar thing on RTE One now is pretty annoying. Some mad nose on "Ireland's premier horse racing author", Guy someone or other too.

Comment

Yeah the type of jobs we'll get are very different to the ones that will be lost. There's so little effort to really market Irish agri on the continent. Like you'd go through a giant hypermarket here and not see a single Irish agri product.

The Irish gov running a budget deficit due to paying ridic wage increases to public sector is madness. Also they seem to have stopped all attempts at reform - property tax stalled, cutting USC which was a decent attempt at making sure everyone paid at least something, and no institutional reform (like the obvious ideas of merging revenue + social welfare, getting rid of semi states).
                                                                                                                          Europe will increase cap to make sure that the bill for Ireland regarding Brexit is kept to a minimum. Interconector will be approved and funded to the continent. Some sort of tax break for freight shipping to move all the goods.

In terms of optics they will want to see the uk crumble and the eu countries continue as if nothing happened in the short term. In the medium term the uk will have signed to return everything to the way it currently is but having paid a lot for it.

Brexit is national politics where you just have to make promises but it’s a big jump to the international political stage where they are finding out nobody wants to help fulfill them.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X