No announcement yet.

Wsop 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some horrific scared play there when you consider the relatively small pay jumps. Benger in particular I thought would have more game

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
      Some horrific scared play there when you consider the relatively small pay jumps. Benger in particular I thought would have more game
      ...Yeah he definitely played scared...Vayo was much the same for alot of the early stages...I think if one player starts being really aggressive from the start tonight then they will run over the table...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
        ...Yeah he definitely played scared...Vayo was much the same for alot of the early stages...I think if one player starts being really aggressive from the start tonight then they will run over the table...
        Dunno about this. Like how do we play his hands differently?

qj dd standard

KQ defend, you lead 10 turn knowing you will often have to lead river sitting in 7th with 35ish bigs and 2 shorties left? Possible play but checking down is fine.

99 squeeze all in? with 30+bbs? tempting but call better! Kenny H just stole that pot well post in all fairness.

exit standard

May have missed something but I thought he anticipated his options with an awkward stack and played perfectly, just ran bad! Was very impressed tbh

Also 100 and 200k pay jumps relative or not are very much significant!!!

Comment

Vayo!!!

Comment

Gotta love Nguyen! Great to watch

Comment

is it rent a crowd

whats the story with doing deals on wsop final table? id say the 8 million for winner is diluted before they started.

Comment

so many hands butchered the last 2 days, safe to say poker is alive and will be alive for a long time. also surprising given the "coaching" all the players are supposed to of had.

Comment

Have yet to see any hands, but have read the hands/reports and Nguyen seems to be playing very well and using his big stack to put pressure on the other players. The chip stack progression seems to tell the same story since it went 4 handed. Beasting it.

Comment

Final 3 just starting on ESPN.

Let's go Vayo for the loots.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                      Final 3 just starting on ESPN.

Let's go Vayo for the loots.
                      Crazy first half hour!

Comment

Oh man I don't care what the world says, I just think Johnny Bax has to fold his set in that spot against that player. He had to be beat.

Comment

Read the live updates on WSOP and watched over an hour of the conclusion to HU. Got the impression that Vayo played really terrible headsup and Nguyen just ran all over him. Nguyen seemed to get the better run of cards but he also picked a ton of good spots to bully, whereas Vayo seemed lost.

Comment

Had a day off and spent most of the day watching the entire heads up.
                            Nguyen was fantastic and absolutely destroyed Vayo but as good as he was Vayo was pretty pathetic. You wouldn't see a more weak passive performance in a $5 sit n go, it was actually cringeworthy to watch at times.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                              Nguyen was fantastic and absolutely destroyed Vayo but as good as he was Vayo was pretty pathetic. You wouldn't see a more weak passive performance in a $5 sit n go, it was actually cringeworthy to watch at times.
                              And it's because Vayo was that player that Johnny Bax had to fold the set 3 handed.

For anyone who didn't see it the stacks were approx:
                              button JohnnyBax 105m
                              SB Vayo 95m
                              BB Nguyen 160m

@ 600/1.2m
                              JB makes it 2.5m with 22 Vayo flats 33 and Nguyen goes 7.7m with AJ, they both call

Flop is K23 rainbow and it goes check, bet 9.9m, call, call

Turn is 4d putting two diamonds on the board.
                              This time it's checked to Johnny Bax on the button who bets 21m & then the "Nut Nit of all time" Vayo moves in for 75m (62.5 big blinds) on a $1.2 million pay jump in the WSOP main event.
                              JohnnyBax sigh calls and I'm pretty sure he felt pretty sure he was beat. This is definitely a fold for me.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                I managed to catch all of it and I have to say I couldn't agree more. Vayo was so weak. It seemed like he wanted to limp, check it down every hand. He went ahead on a few flops and allowed Nguyen to turn or river better by just checking constantly. Very rarely, if ever, played back at him. Just seemed like he wanted/needed monster v monster which never really happened. Got it in horribly on 2 occasions. Nguyen with AQ v Q5 on a Q high board and caught runner, runner spades for the flush and that's when I thought he might change up his play as it got him to about 120 million but he just let himself get blinded off after that. Nguyen on the other hand played great. Deserved winner. He fairly owned the entire table from hand one. The man is a hero. He's also impossible to understand when talking.

Comment

Working...
                                X