Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Dancer!
    Welcome back Shambles!! haven't heard from you in ages!!!

been busy with your projects?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
      Nice one lads - what did it go off at in the end? I backed it at 9s but I think it even drifted in the end back to 10s or so. Happy days anyway.
      Had about a stone in hand

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        Out Sam is being whatsapped all morning to me as a tip from robbie power.

Make of that what you will...
        Everyone look at me bringing Jimmy Bowen over... Look look look

Punts the ears off Jack Kennedy....
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
          Peace n’ Milan 2:25 Gowran tomorrow

Friend of friend working in PP said there’s a load of people setting up new accounts in their wife’s name to back it.

Also entered for Saturday so I think the guys are trying to get 2 wins on the bounce.

Form isn’t great but they’ve taken a few €200 bets from new accounts on it when it was at 10s.
          Regards from me and Mia. Flights booked for lanzarote ty ty
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

FFS! really should have fecked off down there for the day. Had a small ew bet on Space Cadet last night and fully intended to get stuck into it on the place market as well as that winner of Floods. Was up to my bollocks in nonsense instead . Absolutely beautiful day for it as well FML
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              FFS! really should have fecked off down there for the day. Had a small ew bet on Space Cadet last night and fully intended to get stuck into it on the place market as well as that winner of Floods. Was up to my bollocks in nonsense instead . Absolutely beautiful day for it as well FML

Comment

Great tip jiggs. Day 1 Liverpool paid for. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  Welcome back Shambles!! haven't heard from you in ages!!!

been busy with your projects?
                  Trying to take a break from the habits of the internet!

Was sent in to close a pub, all part of my constructive dismissal due to being linked to who hired me, free flat in portabello for few months & told we would get 6 weeks notice of close...

Got two weeks(but basically paid 6 weeks notice + rest), at a funeral for one of those, offered a shit job, took redundancy but obviously now homeless (well in couple of days, pub closed & I'm still in it )

Happy to be paid to leave a job I was looking to get out of but looking for a gaff and a job at same time in London just leads to taking shit end of stick

Back to sligo for a bit, gym, online courses etc... See what's next, maybe back to London after tax year ends (gonna claim back tax for Feb/March)

Not often you get chance to just hammer the gym for couple of months and sort yourself out!?

Looking to get out of pubs, so will see

Obvious problems with above, Sligo is now a total shithouse, dull as fuck
                  & Going to be in parents gaff for a bit.

London not as much fun as it used to be imo!

TL; DR all good except
                  Last edited by Guest; 25-01-18, 23:46.

Comment

If any of you are interested in signing up with Matchbook Betting Exchange drop me a PM. If there is certain aspects of the site that have put you off in the past I am happy to discuss these. If you are a high volume user we can discuss potential benefits of signing up.
                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

https://twitter.com/CheltenhamGlen/s...88732536729601

Hear The Cheltenham Roar at The Gleneagle Hotel this March 13th to 16th!

Whether your an experienced punter or fancy having your first flutter then The Gleneagle is the next best place to be. Cheer on the Irish and enjoy a week of cracking racing! Our betting partner for the week is 777bet and the racing will be shown live on the big screen.There will also be nightly Texas Hold'em Poker with The Cue Club & nightly Entertainment and Dancing! To book your stay call 064 6671550 or here for more info: http://www.gleneaglehotel.com/en/eve...16thmarch2018/
                      https://twitter.com/CheltenhamGlen

Comment

Some performances by Samcro & Total Recall there. Really looking forward to the Gold Cup. My mug bet is Valseur Lido.
                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Samcro walks either through supreme or Ballymore imo.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Elliot warned that hes not certain to travel, a horse with that future they will not take any chances, the races will come to him. His only target now it the moon

Comment

Elliot warned that hes not certain to travel, a horse with that future they will not take any chances, the races will come to him. His only target now it the moon
                              He'll defo go for the Ballymore imo

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                He'll defo go for the Ballymore imo
                                Think so too. Can't put them in cotton wool. Great opportunity to win a race at chelt. Has to be taken.

Comment

Great decision by HRI and Leopardstown to go against the trend of spreading every festival thinly always trying to add an extra day by making this two day festival out of the best of three or four race days. Tremendous success, well done to all concerned.

The TV coverage moving to UK Racing could be a huge mistake.
                                  I don't know if HRI have the power to stop it, the decision seems to be in the remit of SIS and the tracks but IMO they should be taking a very hard look at how valuable ATR's coverage of every race meeting in Ireland has been for them and thinking of imaginative ways to keep that kind of interest alive. Irish racing is thriving and I would contend that ATR's coverage has been a much bigger part in that than might immediately seem obvious.
                                  UK racing, I'm hearing, do not intend to give Irish racing anything like the kind of coverage it has been getting, there will be no second channel the only concession is a rebrand to call it UK & Irish racing and maybe, if we are good little croppies they might let us have a full screen behind a red button... which is fine for the 1% of regular ATR viewers who will pay a sub. The fact of the matter is that after this goes through whether or not you are paying a subscription the only way to see most Irish races will be on a pay to bet platform. That is because Irish races will be trying to share screen time with multiple meetings in the UK where the overwhelming majority of subscribers are based. You wouldn't have to be a hardened cynic to think that is nothing more than a move to kill ATR before their proposed rebranding as Sky Racing.
                                  That there was probably going to be a move to ATR coming in under the basic sky sports package as the sky racing channel is not really an argument for allowing this to happen, that means that it was going to be available in sky sports subscribing sites which loses a lot of homes and public spaces but the crucial battlefield here should be about the level of coverage.
                                  I have little doubt that this will go through unchallenged because the big bookmakers want it but it makes me both sad and worried for the unintended consequences.

Comment

Found myself in Kilcock this morning for the first time. The Kilcock brucebetting shop is probably the best betting shop ive stepped foot in. Parking up at the canal there was a game of about to take place. Took a seat and watched on, unbelievable. Soon after a stroll around the village and the impressive St Coca's I soon sniffed out the brucebetting shop and it had a 10ft screen in it and wall stand racecards were digital.
                                    Went to the jacks which had both a mans and womens and in the mens it had 2 urinals and a cubicle. No key request either and an enthusiastic shop staff, shur where would you have it. There are grade1 restaurants in Dublin that wouldn't have the jacks equivalent. Very impressive.
                                    Kilcock leading the field a merry dance.

Comment

That Killultagh Vic really doesn't fancy the last at Leops.

Accumulated tilt only dissipating now!
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tip for instant smile 2.10 thurles 9/1 at present
                                        Told to back e/w,

Comment

scenes in the opening

Comment

Following on from losing all the Irish racing, ATR have now lost Chelmsford City(63 meetings).

Comment

Fellow IPBers, I am entrusting you with making me money at my work outing in Gowran on Saturday. Any tips? Bare in mind I have no clue and will be blindly following.

Here is the racecard! Thanking you in advance for all the monies I'll win. Also if any of ye are going, PM me and we'll meet for a pint.

Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                  Fellow IPBers, I am entrusting you with making me money at my work outing in Gowran on Saturday. Any tips? Bare in mind I have no clue and will be blindly following.

Here is the racecard! Thanking you in advance for all the monies I'll win. Also if any of ye are going, PM me and we'll meet for a pint.

https://www.irishracing.com/fixture?...0&prd=20180217

Tongie in the 3rd getting plenty of weight around. Charles Byrne's is meant to win the bumper. GL GL

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                    Bump.
                                                    I'm going in on Scoir Mear @9/2. 14.35.

Only bet of the day.

Comment

3/4 so far. Going pro at this rate

Only one I didn't have was tongie. Didn't have signal at the time. Now up in VIP sculling pints

Comment

4/6 so far. Pint count 6. Still in VIP area. Too many suits around

Comment

Gone with all the profit on kilbarry for the last. Go big or go home

Comment

Tongie in the 3rd getting plenty of weight around. Charles Byrne's is meant to win the bumper. GL GL
                                                            Dancer!

Comment

N1 PM got 5 to 2 earlier

Comment

Some move on that Byrnes one. Good info Pat.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

2 full buses gone for pre ordered food in Kilkenny. Tis gonna be carnage

Comment

Hope you all had enough on it. About time I put up a few winners in here again. Small word for Cerealice tomorrow but wouldn't go too mad.

Comment

Surely peace n milan won't run again tomorrow right?

Comment

P2P list strikes again. Master of Tara wins the bumper in Navan.

Comment

P2P list strikes again. Master of Tara wins the bumper in Navan.
                                                                          That list has been a fecking goldmine

Comment

That list has been a fecking goldmine
                                                                            Has it? Have you the P+L figures from all runners who've run from it if you backed them to the level stake?
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                              Has it? Have you the P+L figures from all runners who've run from it if you backed them to the level stake?
                                                                              I have not but did a quick look there at strike rate and just looked a some randomly

Posh Trish
                                                                              Lifetime (N.H.)320 66.67%
                                                                              Felix Desjy (FR)
                                                                              Lifetime (N.H.)220 100.00%
                                                                              master of tara
                                                                              Lifetime (N.H.)210 50.00%
                                                                              On the blind side
                                                                              Lifetime (N.H.)330 100.00%
                                                                              ColReevy
                                                                              Lifetime (N.H.)211 50.00%
                                                                              Palmers Hill
                                                                              Lifetime (N.H.)311 33.33%
                                                                              Slate House
                                                                              Lifetime (N.H.)420 50.00%
                                                                              If You catch me now
                                                                              Lifetime (N.H.)201 0.00%
                                                                              Active Force
                                                                              Lifetime (N.H.)100 0.00%
                                                                              Storm Home
                                                                              Lifetime (N.H.)411 25.00%

Then I got bored and a few I'd checked had only ran P2P

Comment

Comment

What? I'm not saying it is or isn't profitable, but goldmine is a strong assertion.

Have you any figures?
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Stop the world runs 430 Doncaster tomorrow from P2P list and was 2nd to brewinupastorm who was impressive enough 1st time out and then went on to come 4th in a listed bumper.

Comment

Brian O'Connors blog on the TV contract gets close to the heart of the matter that is that those running the game in Ireland have nothing but contempt for the ordinary punter
                                                                                      The sad reality is that any fan unable to cough up four hundred quid to watch 'RUK' next year doesn't matter to Irish racing. If four hundred is a problem then owning a leg in a horse isn't on. Paying €30 to get into the 'Dublin Racing Festival' is probably a push too. And it's not as if anyone unwilling to bet because they can't see pictures matters either. The Horse & Greyhound Fund gets topped up anyway. The industry doesn't care because there's no percentage in you. Of course out of sight might end up out of mind. But for the next five years racing definitely won't be out of pocket.

A point that he as well as most miss in the excuse that ATR were going to move to a subscription model anyway ignores that sky sports have a huge subscriber base including just about all pubs and that there is probably not a dozen of the less than 50K subscriber to UKRacing who isn't directly or indirectly treating the cost as a business. expense.

I saw someone saying that it is HRI's equivalent of Brexit and that nails the dumbness of it.

Comment

Brian O'Connors blog on the TV contract gets close to the heart of the matter that is that those running the game in Ireland have nothing but contempt for the ordinary punter
                                                                                        The sad reality is that any fan unable to cough up four hundred quid to watch 'RUK' next year doesn't matter to Irish racing. If four hundred is a problem then owning a leg in a horse isn't on. Paying €30 to get into the 'Dublin Racing Festival' is probably a push too. And it's not as if anyone unwilling to bet because they can't see pictures matters either. The Horse & Greyhound Fund gets topped up anyway. The industry doesn't care because there's no percentage in you. Of course out of sight might end up out of mind. But for the next five years racing definitely won't be out of pocket.

A point that he as well as most miss in the excuse that ATR were going to move to a subscription model anyway ignores that sky sports have a huge subscriber base including just about all pubs and that there is probably not a dozen of the less than 50K subscriber to UKRacing who isn't directly or indirectly treating the cost as a business. expense.

I saw someone saying that it is HRI's equivalent of Brexit and that nails the dumbness of it.
                                                                                        Pubs have to pay for ATR now, but from a pub point of view (cant remember the figures tbh) the difference in price is crazy, especially considering that up till recently ATR had most of the best racing

Comment

Comment

Wetherby yesterday was funny. I had the favourite backed (ended up 2nd). There must be some fast fingers on Betfair to get on the second of the three horses that traded at 1.01 and lost

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              Wetherby yesterday was funny. I had the favourite backed (ended up 2nd). There must be some fast fingers on Betfair to get on the second of the three horses that traded at 1.01 and lost

Most if not all of those are done by either bots or simply pre race requests.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                Most if not all of those are done by either bots or simply pre race requests.
                                                                                                How does that work?
                                                                                                Seems like such a unique situation it would be hard to pre-request it. Obviously missing something

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                  How does that work?
                                                                                                  Seems like such a unique situation it would be hard to pre-request it. Obviously missing something
                                                                                                  Most people are using betangle or geektoys(paid service) its a necessity if betting in play. It refreshes the market 40 times per second, shows market graphs as you want, one click betting. Can automate bets using parameters you set.

https://apps.betfair.com/ good link to show whats on offer and how they work.

Comment

How big an effect will this have on Cheltenham prep for yards if they can't get through planned daily schedules?
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

How big an effect will this have on Cheltenham prep for yards if they can't get through planned daily schedules?
                                                                                                      You have to think most of the work is done now 10 days out, just keep them ticking over

Comment

Spring romance in wolves tonight meant to be a good thing
                                                                                                        8.15

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

Paper Lantern meant to win last race in Limerick tomorrow

Comment

Winx going for a 24th consecutive stakes win this weekend. Currently tied for the record on 23 with Black Cavier. And tied in 2nd for total G1 wins with Kauto Star. A bit to go to catch Hurricane fly.

Already reports of the TAB accepting 6 figure bets at 1.10

Comment

..
                                                                                                                Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 21-03-18, 14:42. Reason: wrong forum

Comment

It was the 21st of March 2018 in a field pock marked with snow somewhere in Kildare, a foal was born...

b f Walk in the park(IRE)- Jennies Jewel (IRE)(Fleminsfirth)

Comment

Forestry in the 6:15 at Chelms this evening meant to be trying today. Take the 12's.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Forestry in the 6:15 at Chelms this evening meant to be trying today. Take the 12's.
                                                                                                                      well didn't try hard enough now did he?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                        well didn't try hard enough now did he?
                                                                                                                        In fairness he did for about a mile. It was the last two furlongs that sunk him.

Comment

Value long gone but Floods is supposedly a good thing in the first in Clonmel.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
                                                                                                                          Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X